PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 3

Beorn
27-03-2007, 03:38
I played the demo (you can get it off the official site, 1.2Gb) and was impressed at how good looking it was while retaining the old school C&C feel. Cinematics are awesome and the game plays like a charm.

I'm dazzled by the size right now, not that it matters much though, but there are a few interface/gameplay things that are missing (such as sequencial commands on a unit or stack) and I'm afraid it'll turn out into same old Red Alert with another name.

So I'm curious wether anyone from here is going to play this. I know my Warcraft 3 friends are all drooling over it and I certainly will get it myself.

Matrix
27-03-2007, 12:07
Sounds interesting. I'll definitely give it a try soon. :)

I've playered Command & Conquer a lot! But I was disappointed about Red Alert, mainly because of the graphics. Command & Conquer's units and buildings looked way better.

Melifluous
27-03-2007, 13:06
I've never liked C&C for some reason and mainly have been playing Supreme Commander.

The campaign sucks giant Monkey Balls, but the interface and online play are simply amazing.

[meli]

Matrix
30-04-2007, 02:34
It's good! It's really good! Finally they've made a sequel worth buying. :D

Beorn
30-04-2007, 03:01
Yeah I couldn't get through the whole single player on hard filling all objectives - not without losing my temper - so I was really satisfied. Props on Jennifer Morisson and Tricia Helfer videos too.

A shame the GameSpy (or whatever the name) multiplayer blows so much. It takes on average 4 reconnects each to get a game going with my friends so that everyone is stable on their network. It's a charm on LAN though.

It feels a lot like StarCraft race- and balance-wise, but I guess that's good. It works.