PDA

View Full Version : Klammis Pitboss #1 - Warlords

Klammi
16-03-2007, 23:37
This is the continuation thread from Mauers Powah Pitboss game.

Obviously there is some interest in participating for some of you. So feel free to login and claim your civ. The server will be opened for testing until at least 10 players have claimed a civilization. After that I will relaunch it for the real start.

The settings are:

Map Balanced, Size Standard, 8 Civs (Noble), All Victories activated
Raging Barbs, No Tech Trade

This is a WARLORDS game

Qin Shi Huang: Chinese Empire IglooDude
Gandhi: Indian Empire Klammi
Kublai Khan: Mongolian Empire Robboo
Huayna Capac: Incan Empire Darkness
Saladin: Arabian Empire Mauer
Montezuma: Aztec Empire killercane (Chasey)
Brennus: Celtic Empire Robi D
Ragnar: Viking Empire BCLG100

Server name: klammi.homedns.org
Password: -none-
Civstats: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=358
Rules: http://theoob.googlepages.com/pitbossrules.html with modifications see post #24

The server should be up and running. If you have problems connecting to it let me know.

IMPORTANT: Please leave the game via Returning to Main Menu. It happend in the past that civs got lost after having left to Desktop.

BCLG100
16-03-2007, 23:46
I'll play and be ragnar :)

Klammi
17-03-2007, 00:11
I had to relaunch the server. Please rechoose your civ.

killercane
17-03-2007, 01:27
Thanks a lot Klammi. This is a nice surprise. 3 Card Monty has been taken.

Robi D
17-03-2007, 09:00
Thanks for starting the game Klammi. I've taken Brennus

Darkness
17-03-2007, 11:14
Thanks for hosting the game Klammi. The Inca have been claimed. :)

IglooDude
17-03-2007, 13:30
Great, like I need to be in another game. [lol]

Qin has been claimed. :D

BCLG100
17-03-2007, 15:28
i'll be shaka then :)

IglooDude
17-03-2007, 16:01
So is the map/civ choices we're playing with now going to be the same on the real start?

Robboo
17-03-2007, 16:20
In as Mongolians

Klammi
17-03-2007, 17:14
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude

So is the map/civ choices we're playing with now going to be the same on the real start?

I hope so. I made a save at the first turn. So the map and leaders will be the same.

Klammi
17-03-2007, 18:11
I found a nice ruleset from the oob (See first post). Let us use them as a draft. If you would like to append or discard any of them, then please offer your ideas for discussion.

killercane
17-03-2007, 19:24
Rules look fine to me. Maybe for the double move rule we can give someone 14 hours (or some arbitrary later number) and then DM them. This way some arent waiting around until inopportune times to play their turn. Or it is fine as is, just a topic for discussion.

Klammi
17-03-2007, 20:54
I took a look at the players subscribed to Mauers Pitboss game. I think except for Mauer we are complete. I thought we would be more. IMHM we can choose between three possibilities:

1. Restart the game with 8 player (and new balanced map)
2. Relaunch the current game setting the missing players to AI
3. Continue that thread at CivFanatics to fill up the 16 slots.

to option 3: I am registered their, it's a huge community, think much more bigger than at civ3duelzone. Not to abase this board, but I think its very rudimental. The subscribtion doesn't work and the Civ4 Warlords Community is rather tiny.

To make this clear: It's not my intention to make ad for CivFanatics or to offend the Civ3duel community. But if you vote for option 3 I would bed you to register their, if not done yet.

Let's decide this democratically. Please vote for one of the mentioned options.

Robboo
18-03-2007, 00:27
set them as AI it adds a degree of...mystery to the game.

I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO RULES...

DM rule...I play when I can due to family and work. IF I happen to be the last to play and I am at war...I would prefer to play both turns...so it fits my schedule.

IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after. Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play what I got.

Robboo
18-03-2007, 00:28
set them as AI it adds a degree of...mystery to the game.

I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO RULES...

DM rule...I play when I can due to family and work. IF I happen to be the last to play and I am at war...I would prefer to play both turns...so it fits my schedule.

IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after. Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play what I got.

Darkness
18-03-2007, 00:52
i'm ok with all three options but i'd prefer option 1...

Robi D
18-03-2007, 02:23
As for the options, i not against any but prefer the first one.

As for the rules, i don't have a problem with the not DM rule. I think its good and i don't think it advantages/disadvantages any particular civ. By not having a DM rule in place it just slows the game down because people don't end their turn to try to avoid it.

The rule i have an issue with is the not rushing before 3500BC. If your naive enough or just taking a risk not to build some defences straight away and someone catches you out then too bad you out of the game early.

mauer
18-03-2007, 02:39
Hey guys, I'll take Saladin if it's not too late. Sorry I couldn't get it figured out, but big thanks to Klammi.

EDIT: Can't get in, is it up yet or am I just having all kinds of connection problems...lol

Klammi
18-03-2007, 10:49
Hi Mauer, nice to hear you are in. My router crashed tonight and lost his NAT-Settings.. The Server is up again, hope this don't happens regulary.

There are two half votes for option one, yet.

>I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no
>way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO
>RULES...

I think the DM rule is one of the most important. I agree with Robi D's statement. Its a rule to improve the fairness. There will be punishment. Kicking anyone out of the game costs me two mouse clicks. The player which gets double moved has to claim that rule violation and I will carefully consider what to do.

>The rule i have an issue with is the not rushing before 3500BC. If your
>naive enough or just taking a risk not to build some defences straight away
>and someone catches you out then too bad you out of the game early.

We can remove the 3500BC rule if you like. I could arrange with that but if you don't like it lets drop it.

>IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after.
>Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i
>would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play
>what I got.

I didn't have set any rules yet. I put them to discussion. It's a draft (see post #12)

IglooDude
18-03-2007, 15:06
I vote option one, but have no problem with option 3, either (obviously, given that my games have cross-pollinated CivFanatics OT and here freely).

I also vote "no rules" (including no rule against DM) - in my experience as a player and as a game administrator, it is mostly a pain in the ass. If folks want no-DMs, they can do it as in-game diplo individually.

BCLG100
18-03-2007, 15:39
The only DM rule i think we should agree on is no DM'ing at the start of a war after that its fair game and if you want to create a rule with the other civ then so be it.

i'd also prefer option 1- makes for faster turns also :)

killercane
18-03-2007, 16:46
Ill vote option 1 or 3; just please not option 2!

Klammi
18-03-2007, 17:19
I think option 1 is dominating. So i will restart the game and set the Leaders as choosen until now.

If you would like to switch to another leader please do this within the next 6 hours.

Lets choose the ruleset with following modification:

-cancel the 3500BCNoWar Rule
-make the double move rule flexible. When you get involved in a fight pleae negotiate it by yourself. Default is: DMs are ALLOWED

If nobody raises objection I take this as confirmation.

BCLG100
18-03-2007, 17:27
if we're starting again can i be ragnar?

Klammi
18-03-2007, 17:42
sure

Robboo
18-03-2007, 19:39
balanced map and only 8 sounds good. Self negotiation on the DM sounds good too.

killercane
18-03-2007, 20:34
Aight, no need to log in then! It would be nice to have a couple others in though. Still on large map or standard with 8?

Klammi
18-03-2007, 23:40
The final launch is done. Please claim the civ you choose in the last game. Settings are: Balanced, Standard Map, Normal Speed, TT=24h, All victories.

If not done yet, register your account at civstats. The game is hosted under the mnemonic KPG#1 (Klammis Pitboss Game) Register your leader. The registration password is the number of your civ (one single digit from 1 to 8) see list in first post.

I wish you a nice starting position, good luck, and a fair game!

Have fun!

Darkness
18-03-2007, 23:47
OK, it works... :)

Klammi
18-03-2007, 23:50
One more addition. If anybody doesn't claim his civ in the next 20 hours I will put the Civ to AI. This will prevent you from loosing the first turn.

Robi D
19-03-2007, 00:56
Works for me. Good luck to all

Robboo
19-03-2007, 04:08
cool deal..I really liked my previous start...5 sugars on a river....argh. along with some hills.

killercane
20-03-2007, 15:53
Just registered for civstats. Why is the turn limit 127 turns?

Klammi
21-03-2007, 12:00
I think the developer missed to set DB Entry to larger than byte, which can only be set from -128 to 127. This has no inlfluence on the game, so don't mind ;)

Klammi
21-03-2007, 12:08
By the way, you also have to register your leader at the KPG-game. You PW is "6". Do this to get notification of new turns and diplomatic messages.

Robi D
26-03-2007, 13:44
Is it just me or have robboo's and ID's leader heads changed?

Darkness
26-03-2007, 14:37
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

Is it just me or have robboo's and ID's leader heads changed?

Do you mean Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan?

If so, those two leaderheads were accidently switched in CIV. They corrected it in Warlords.

Robboo
26-03-2007, 16:00
I noticed that too... BUT figured it was OK when my description and bonuses didnt change. Figure i would pick the leader with split personalities

BCLG100
26-03-2007, 20:19
apparantly in vanilla the developers decided that kublai didnt look kublai enough so gave him qin.

IglooDude
26-03-2007, 20:30
Jeez, Manchurian Candidate redux, here... [lol]

Darkness
27-03-2007, 10:25
Closing this one to prevent us from cluttering up the opponent finding forum with our massive loads of spam... :)

Open thread is here:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4265