PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler for Warlords, 1 v 1 against BCLG

killercane
15-03-2007, 16:52
* No BCLG here

Settings are Pangea, Tiny, Liz vs. some other chick (Catherine or another Liz, cant remember at the moment). Hence Battle of the Birds!

We are playing a Classical start. Hmm thought I had a pic but I guess not. Long story short- Simon has pretty good lands, and connected copper right by his capital. I have nothing but pigs to carry my warriors on. No copper anywhere, and horses are 12 tiles away in an otherwise bad location.

Simon has seen my start. I thought I would kill his scout after he crossed a choke, but he lucked up and went to the one spot where I couldnt attack adn he could see my trap. So he knows I have bad lands, I expect an axe stack on my doorstep as soon as he can get them out.

I am chopping a settler to get the horses as we speak. I really need to kill his scout before he sees that I can get horses. Maybe lure him in close and wax his stack. Its too early to tell.

mauer
10-05-2007, 03:47
Update man. I need to see how Simon fights in one on one. I was lucky enough to kill his scout before he saw my start.

Beorn
10-05-2007, 04:05
From what I read, he pulls a very early settler out for copper if he can help it. He does chariots, camps them near your potential city sites and attempts a raid. Then he proceeds to axe it up. I don't think of him as a maceman player, he'll probably try to grab an earlier victory.

killercane
10-05-2007, 14:46
I would say that Simon likes to mix it up early, but who doesnt on 1 v. 1 Pangea? I would build some chariots and scout him out with those, try to get to him before he connects resources. This might not be feasible, but does put the pressure on him a bit. Choke him with a warrior on a forested hill if you still can. Build up a nice combined arms stack and go pillage everything he has. I dont know, you have several options.