PDA

View Full Version : Une partie s'il vous plaît

Socrates
04-03-2007, 18:34
I'm a bit bored, because I only have 1 PBEM left at the moment. And I'm struggling against barbs on Monarch, with mediocre starts on top of that, in solo mode. Hence I never finish my games...

I would normally ask someone on MSN, but you guys are less and less on that (fucking) channel, and BTW I can't remember who is still playing Civ now.

So if anyone feels like challenging me on Civ4 Vanilla, please stand up ! Every option is on the table.

Beam
04-03-2007, 19:35
krys, I take the gauntlet! Monarch is fine with me, one lower (Prince???) as well. Prepare to be Beamed. [evil]

Socrates
04-03-2007, 19:52
Hey Beam, cool ! :) What we should do IMO is to discuss settings on MSN, if you have the time, otherwise we can do it here. I'll be on MSN frequently this week.

I'd prefered to be Linux'ed, but OK... [mischief]

Beam
04-03-2007, 20:02
I'm not that much om MSN these days and I guess it's pretty easy to do the settings here. Did you have anything particular in mind? If not I'd say pangea or continents, standard size. If continents each of us on a different continent with equal number of AI but it will be a while until real action.

Socrates
04-03-2007, 23:00
OK, let's do it here.

Yeah, I wanna try the continents map, so that we have some time to build and deal with the AI before we deal with each other. Standard size is a requirement, because I can't support a larger map. Monarch should be fine, for the AIs. So, I'm gonna list the options, make suggestions about them, so that you can tell me if it's OK with you or not.

Version : Civ4 1.61
Map type : Continents (2 main continents, if possible disconnected from each other until we can cross oceans, but not mandatory with me, some islands with resources are OK)
Number of AIs : 6 (3 per continent)
Difficulty : Monarch
Size : Standard
Climate : Temperate
Sealevel : Low (with 3 AIs and 1 human per continent, we could need more land)
Era : Ancient
Speed : Normal
Options : none
Victories : all

We can ask the map maker to edit a random map a bit or draw an entire map, though I guess that, given the current activity, it'll come down to the former solution, ie. checking balance.

As for civ/leader, I'd like to be...
*checks a page about that on that other site* (still a newbie with Civ4)
Victoria, if you don't mind.

What do you think of all that ?

Beam
04-03-2007, 23:18
Settings look good to me, any volunteers to make / check a map for balance? You have ouw gwatitude. :)

Socrates
04-03-2007, 23:24
Alright. You just need to pick up a leader, Beam, and then we can have a map created. ;)

To the map maker : it could be good to have our "greater starts" (the capital city and the first ring) well balanced. The rest should just need minor editing here and there, wherever there is something to do, especially the ocean inbetween us (if we decide on that : Beam, what is your preference ? you can have the final word, or we could just let the map maker decide and not tell us !).

Beam
05-03-2007, 19:57
Going to give it a try with the Inca and Huayna Capac. Imo best if the distance between continents requires Optics / Astro. And I don't expect a fully handmade / balanced map. A check for similar continents and similar resource distro is good enough for me. TIA!