28-02-2007, 20:52
Robboo, Shane and ID. All other in that game go away

[assw][ggw2][ggw]

Robboo
28-02-2007, 20:53
Ok lets talk civs.

Shane indicated he wants Vikings or Stalin
I am going to decide tonight

ID I think you should go Mongolia or Incan. You are the war monger.

Also let me know what you thought of the PM I sent you guys. We can discuss that here also.

IglooDude
28-02-2007, 21:35
ID and shane

you cant set it up as private so we would go on the honor system. besides we may ggt lots of help from those that arent playing.

Vikings are cool you can take them, let me get home and look at my game. I think I may want to try something to balance what you two dont take.

RE: gifting..I think the patch nixed the gifting exploit. i dont remember which way but I think it stops units built by non-aggressive civs from getting the bonus when gifted to aggressive but not vice versa. That makes th most sense any way.

If we are allowed to gift freely..my plan calls for this. Aggressive traits build units, protective builds city garrisons,expansive(?) worker and settlers bonus
I think we should try to get civs with these traits. adn gift swap things around. obviously it would suck to have the same civ have 2 of these traits so we need to spread it out.

ALSO Fiancial carries the gnp burden. Special buildings...vikings give movement bonus for ships...you get the coast and ship build chores.

That 3 unit enhancing traits is something i always wanted to try out but i couldnt get the right mix of allies to do it. Here if we do it right we can be a powerful foe. in an ideal world we will also spread out the UU over three different eras of the game to balance out our advantage due to UU

In addition...i am a better planner than player. You see me screwing up on the playing part...kick my butt

Ditto all the above.

I'll take Mao or Qin of China then. Minor bonus btw is differing starting techs. With Agg/Fin Vikes and Expansive-or-Indust/Prot Chinese, you probably want an Imperial civ. Romans? Or maybe Genghis or Cyrus...

I'm fond of the Choku's collateral damage (and Prot promotions), though Genghis isn't a bad deal either. Ditto with a Roman. Tell you what, pick one of those 4 for me (Qin/Mao/Genghis/Julius) so you can pick a complementary one. I'd imagine all three of us will be getting some stick time with the armies, so no worries there.

Robboo
01-03-2007, 00:16
So let me get this right...You and I will pick two out of the Qin/Mao/Genghis/Julius.

Also one error...expansive is health not settler production
So for
aggressive.....vikes also covers our financial part. They run 100% science..even if we have to gift them gold. No building but those which enhance gnp or troops. happiness and health additions go without saying. they also have the responsibilty of building our ships after building their UB. This MAY be to much for one civ so another aggressive or financial may be helpful to ease their burden. UU replaces maces...so early/mid game unit. Starting techs....fishing and hunting

protective.....Wang, or Qin would be my choices. Both UU give a good city busting due to bombing so its a wash there. Wang has financial and Qin is indust. Both useful. Their UB however are not the useful in Multiplayer. Either one to me is suitable for this gambit.

Imperialist...vicky,Genghis or Julius.
vicky has financial...we could get the perfect three...all three financial and the other three traits that i want. Her UB is a 15% more bonus than banks...she could be your cash cow( she is a rather large women). Redcoat UU...decent mid to late game unit
Genghis..aggresive also I dont like him due to his early UU(only with me playing him since thats not my style)HIs UB makes him a awesome promotion factory for "fast" units
Julius..organized...Ok trait...for running expensive civics but useless in my opinion in all-war. made up for by his UU and UB.

So what do you think...

Robboo
01-03-2007, 00:22
OK if it was up to me...
Vikes, vicky, Genghis....mid, late, early UU. All three traits plus finanical(2x)and an extra aggresive and an extra imperialist. teh over lap makes this a "safe" overlapping choice. Genghis...runs just enough science to pay the other GNP...he is the "payer". He build markets adn gold enhancers...no libraries.

OR MY FAVORITE
Vikes,vicky,wang... 3 finacial and my three important traits. THIS would be my best choice for winning. We simply can out tech and out specialize every other combo. One grows us, one protects us at home, and one kicks butt. All three run at least 90% sci (90 lets markets and GNP aids work... 100% sci doesnt)

IF they let us chose 3 financial...we win. If we dont get dog-piled.

IglooDude
01-03-2007, 20:27
I'm good with that. Wang's hwachas do just as well attacking praets as axemen, nothing wrong with that. :D

Robboo
01-03-2007, 21:05
I will take Vicky and you play with your Wang.[lol]

/I wonder if the Europeans will get that slang...

IglooDude
01-03-2007, 22:00
Just so no one thinks I get an advantage from hearing civ choices, I am going with Wang Kon, Robboo with Vicky, and Shane with Ragnar.

And this post will stay unedited.

Robboo
01-03-2007, 22:16
We will kill and be rich while doing so...

Ok we need to start talking strategy via tech that we have.

Vikes...hunting,fishing
Vicky...fishing,mining
Wang..mysticism, mining

So what direction should we tech. We need archery, sailing and food techs besides BW.

IglooDude
02-03-2007, 19:16
Well... we might want to wait till we can see where we're at (i.e. coast? cows? copper?) before we get into that too much, but 3-player team research does give a bit of control to tech emphasis. I'd think that going for a religion ASAP might be worthwhile. We'll see how many teams start with mysticism (half, I'm guessing?) but getting Buddhism or Hinduism off the bat leaves plenty of spread time and frees us up to ignore that chunk of the tech tree for a bit. Then BW, is the way I usually go, so that we can figure out if we need to plant cities to get copper or not.

Robboo
02-03-2007, 20:14
OK well lets wait and see:)

Shane needs to get his butt in here.