PDA

View Full Version : *&%$--Spoiler for team Bears Civivor2--#@!*

Pages : 1 [2]

JerichoHill
20-12-2007, 19:53
More secret communication:

Chemistry has gunpowder as a pre-req, right? I haven't actually seen any musketmen, but my assumption was that they had it, on that basis.

Whomp
20-12-2007, 23:43
Chem is a prereq.

Whomever is the little birdy talking about the Aussies should probably shut up. I think it's pretty well known that the Aussies are a juggernaut in this game they must be stopped however giving spoiler info on what they're doing is not very cool....at least in my book.

I agree though and think we should shift our efforts overseas and towards the Aussies anyhow. BC and Stapel are done without coastal cities able to produce a navy. I'm also not sure gaining territory is in our best interest either. The maintainence issue would be a killer.

Beorn
21-12-2007, 00:26
What if we grabbed their land and moved one of you guys' capital over? We'd split the homeland in 2 and have one guy covering the other continent. We could make it so the capital city is moved where we want it to be and be happy ever after.

JerichoHill
21-12-2007, 05:05
could we even hold onto such a city? I say make like vikings and pillage

Beorn
21-12-2007, 05:42
That works too. Then we build up an economy and a navy.

Whomp
21-12-2007, 06:07
Hmm...that's an intersting thought. Since it only take one civ to win by space that could work.

JerichoHill
21-12-2007, 15:43
If the Aussies take over that whole continent, well theyre huge, so they could easily outproduce us in a space race. Granted, assaulting their coastal cities and taking them out would harm their economy...

Our first objective is clear. After BCLG is neutered, ramp up production capabilities while focusing our military on ships. We'll need to have a mobile reactionary force to handle any landings, but rails help out with that. Create a perimeter with our ships...sink any and all transports coming in while getting ours across to raze.

Once to that step, we can re-evaluate.

Beorn
22-12-2007, 21:29
I may not have Civ4 access over the holidays, I'll be travelling around with the family and while I have installed C3C on many computers, back in the day, none of them could handle 4 even now. So if I'm at my place I'll play, all the better, but I might not be able to.

JerichoHill
23-12-2007, 03:19
the game is down for xmas week

Beorn
28-12-2007, 19:36
The conquest is going on rather well, and if they keep making pikes to counter camels, zerkers will remain a big asset. I'm curious as to what their unit setup is inland, but I'll take the wild guess that it isn't much. We'll be able to roll over them really good.

Does any of us have his FP, btw?

Game will be up until early tomorrow morning but I'll be gone until sunday so I'll check back in tonight before leaving and play turns if you guys aren't back.

JerichoHill
29-12-2007, 01:37
FP?

I'm here. I'm going to start making Knights and More Zerks for the sea raid. We need to raze cities and pillage cottages.

As for the BCLG team, I think we should finish off the Blue Civ first (weakest) and then there's only 3 cities left, take the capital and its a mop up action from there. We should be able to start moving forces west.

In fact, all transports should move west and prepare to pick up our raiding parties, which should go first thing, even if its one or two at a time

Whomp
29-12-2007, 04:13
I also think they are done. They can't keep up with our navy. The next blue city has a pike and sword in it. That could go down with a couple trebs and zerks. That pretty much boxes them in on their island. I don't think the other cities (2?) can produce much shipping.

B--you may want to gift those cities to JH so your maintainence is so crushing. Should we post in the main thread whether gifting cities impacts the cities buildings?

I really think we need to dent the Aussies soon. They're the only long term threat. I doubt they'd have more than 5-6 units in border cities. Overwhelming force I say.

Beorn
29-12-2007, 04:30
IIRC I was gifted War Torn back at one point, and there were buildings remaining in it.

We'll need to make a quick transition between the BC island and the bugger stabbing expedition. They'll see it coming, they probably do already, we'll just have to hope that the ID team keeps it up while we go play backyard bullies.

I think our play down there is disruption and guerilla, hold forests and hills, stay mobile and as safe as possible to inflict more damage.

JerichoHill
29-12-2007, 15:41
Considering ID's "Battle is Joined" post in the Civivor Chat, I say we take half of our force on BCLG land and immediately set sail for Aussie-Land, and hope to hit them while they're busy against ID's team

Whomp
29-12-2007, 18:24
OK I have two ships loaded that can head right away towards the Aussies. Either that or one of the ships that's close to Pig Iron can take it out since all that's there is a warrior. The other BCLG city to the south added a LB to his pike and sword.

Maybe Beorn should heal the Zerks and send them across. I don't think anyone wants to see those bad boys.

Beorn
04-01-2008, 23:25
We are 2 turns from landing on Deadly Blow, so I suggest we DM the next move and pull an amphibious on deadly blow, if possible. Otherwise, karratha (w/e the name) is most likely less defended. The other cities could benefit from a land-attack sequence.

Right now we are committing a lot of forces to the aussies, I'll pull more units of my own North to BC island after the next 2 boats of muskets and camels.

Btw I traded away the city I rushed a monastery in, before the monastery was built, so we lost 2 pop without gain. My bad.

Beorn
06-01-2008, 21:00
There's now a grenadier everywhere around the edge, including Deadly blow and Pirate whatever to the SE. I guess this is it for the surprise landing, we'll need to come back with more serious troops, or just gamble on building a large navy and conquering the Northern Island. I'm definitely in favor of committing all our boated troops to the Northern island, finish the job and come back South in whichever manner we can afterwards.

Capturing cities, jumping one of our guys to the N island and consolidating our naval superiority seem to me like the safest way to play it for us, right now.

We could also, once Stapel is down, Capture the AI Mauer's city and work from that beachhead. Anyways, I guess we're back to brainstorm mode, they called our attack and reacted too quickly.

Whomp
07-01-2008, 01:02
Too true. Since they have frigates (+9) we should move outside of their cities. Let's finish off the northern island.
We're probably better off staying in the area and simply distracting their efforts against the other teams.

Beorn
07-01-2008, 23:08
My video card is can't-even-open-windows-busted, so I might need a sub here and on the cage match until I figure it out, but that's my only occupation this week (until I get a new actual contract from the boss) so it shouldn't take long.

Beorn
08-01-2008, 00:46
Looks like my on-board card works for civ4, although it's painfully slow. Sorry for not answering in-game, I saw you were on just right before you left.

So if you want to play my turns, be my guests, and remember you can upgrade my CR2 zerks into grenadiers :)

Whomp
08-01-2008, 06:02
Gotcha covered on this game. What about cage match? Are you good there or do I need to play those too?

Beorn
08-01-2008, 14:35
An on-board vid card is well enough to run a tiny civ3 map, thanks :)

JerichoHill
08-01-2008, 14:49
It seems that every time I log on, one of you has taken my turn already!

Is it possible to get mauer's beachhead now? I am concerned that if we don't get a a hold we never will. Their continent is so huge that I think they could just out-tech us to space.

Whomp
09-01-2008, 00:43
Sorry JH but we're always wondering if you'll tkae your turns. Maybe you can give us a heads up what your schedule looks like. I'm not sure where should make that beachhead.

Beorn
09-01-2008, 00:48
Mauer's city, it's neutral and won't draw too much unnecessary fire. Otherwise we'll get more resistance and spite, both being very inconvenient.

mauer
09-01-2008, 00:50
I heard that Mauer dude is one bad MOFO.

Beorn
09-01-2008, 01:18
I heard that he has a pink AR-15

JerichoHill
10-01-2008, 03:53
im checking pretty regularly these days. No holidays plus no fam visits plus nothing going on major at work = free time.

Whomp
17-01-2008, 16:29
Just a fyi--I'll be gone tomorrow and a good part of Saturday. You guys will need to take my turn. I've sent you my password in case you forgot it.

Stapel and BCLG will be finished the next turn or two so our attention can be focused on the Aussies.

JerichoHill
18-01-2008, 02:57
Roger Roger

Whomp
21-01-2008, 18:38
OK they're done and now we can focus on the Aussies. We'll need more cannons to pull this off so I'd recommend upgrading all our trebs and start in on cannons. I'd like to take Ricors so building an overwhelming force there may be the only way to do it.

We could also go to their north and follow their stack that's hitting Robboo and try to pick off some injured units.

I'm inclined to stay on their coast to spread them out and delay their conquest of the continent.

Beorn
21-01-2008, 21:27
Some upgraded, more underway. We'll bomb them to smithereens.

Frenk and Mecca should get Academies if we don't bulb the GSci's - they're our best science towns atm (Blue Orchid already has one)

I'd keep our boats further away than just out of sight, in case a frigate came around.

Tech path: Liberalism? We need those civics bad...

Whomp
22-01-2008, 03:11
Yep. Back the galleons down and putting academies up will probably help us more than putting you in a GA.
I also think we can start focusing more on economy now that we have cannons. Liberalism next.

JerichoHill
22-01-2008, 21:16
Agreed. Will switch to cannon production.

Collateral damage is gonna be our only shot here...

Whomp
30-01-2008, 05:53
OK before we go what do you guys think? We have them on units as they have 1 gren, 3 muskets, LB and xbow in the city with 60% culture (big). Do we land or attack with a couple cannons then finish with our amphibious grens?

Bear in mind, they have rifles so we could see upgrades.

Our best bet imho is to raze all coastals so we can dominate the seas like we did with BC/Stapel.

Beorn
30-01-2008, 09:14
It'll be much slower than with Stapel [:p]but I'm for it. 5 cannons should do the trick for city #1 ... we could always move around pillaging everything otherwise.

Beorn
31-01-2008, 03:05
There's a lot of people up there. How about we pack in and move South? They fortify, we run, we get a less important but less defended town. Our net cost will far outweigh their actual cost, then. Otherwise we get stuck with possibly little good coming out of an undecisve, risky attack.

Beorn
31-01-2008, 20:25
No losses razing Ricor [luke2]

Cannons did great, yous bombed the city, I sent my first one to see if I could get better than 12% and it retreated, dealing a lot of collateral - I just sent the whole pack and lost nothing.

There were 2 frigates in the city: sunk with the rest of it all.

I think we should move the boats 1S, to be 1 tile further down already. He's got guys on foot so we have the spped advantage if we go down, not if we go right or around. I'd go all the way down to the next big city: Perth

JerichoHill
01-02-2008, 15:46
Yes, I think thats the right idea...First blood goes to our team...

ill continue to pump out cannons

JerichoHill
01-02-2008, 15:57
I moved our forces out and theyve begun their voyage to perth. We revealed a siz 6 city with 2 longbowman defnding it...i figure were going to perth

Beorn
01-02-2008, 18:03
We are not out of sight, so if they have half of their wits, they know we're going to hit the next big thing down, which so happens to be what we were going to do.

We need to disappear and use this to fool them into going down.

I say we double-back Northwest, as far out of sight as we can afford to without losing moves. We reappear on the grid to land North of Pendy Rutter and try to wreak some havok up there.

We could still make it first to Perth, in front of most of their troops, but we will lose the race against all of CH's home troops.

I might not be there this week-end, granny came around town, so I'll let you guys weight in on that.

BCLG100
01-02-2008, 18:12
Well played guys- we were fucked as soon as turn 1 when you three were against one civ which wasn't being played for awhile!

Stapel didnt realise that the galleys had anything in or im sure he would have moved the units from my cities into his super city.

I seemed to go on vacation pretty much everytime you ended up taking a city as well...

Also apologies for not playing for the last month, i assumed i was dead!

looks good for you lot so far though. Your going to want to try and keep your monopoly of the seas.

JerichoHill
02-02-2008, 04:05
I say we move on to Perth. We have other ships now going on towards their continent, so if we can bottleneck them at perth, we can come into the northern end

Beorn
02-02-2008, 04:37
Ok for Perth, we'll be there first anyways, but we should stay out of sight as long as we can on our way down. What kind of navy do we have for the boys gathering outside Snow Drift? We really could use more of those 6-mover galleons of yours ;)

Thanks BC, you were an awfully tough defender :)

Now that I know what I know about this game, I think we should have triple-warrior rushed you right off, having quechas on our side, since it was an "immediate" 3v1 - and then we'd have paid the consequences later if you weren't alone.

Right now we will indeed need that sea monopoly because we're not quite #1 in the tech race. We have some catching up to do and a bit of time while they combat their inflation and war costs. We have a few great inland CE cities from Stapel and that's exactly what we need. If we can inflict enough damage to their SE (1 NE city down, 2 to go ...) they'll have that much to make up for. Every cash builder less they have is one more stride for us in the race. Until they send their own guys...

Whomp
02-02-2008, 22:46
I agree let's get out of their sight and head to Perth. We need to exact massive blows to their big coastal cities. btw there's a faster route to emancipation than philo. Change your research to mine. If you're not aware you can click a faraway and it will give you the fastest route to the tech.

Question is with them having cavs and rifles is whether we should head to infantry? Food for thought....emancipation hasn't been a huge issue since we got more luxs and war weariness gone from Stapel/BC.

BC--good job. I wish you guys were another team. We would've finished them off a lot faster I'm sure.

Beorn
03-02-2008, 00:52
I liked the prospect of Liberalism's Free Religion but this can wait. PP gives us more gold and we need it just as much.

We can do liberalism - communism when we have a minute, there's 3 good civics there, 2 we definitely should use.

I outlined a sea path that will take us really far from the coast, in case they scout it. We were short 1-2 squares if we tried to optimize OR we could have just went straight in their vision range (no go) ... so this way we also allow JH's boats in for the fun.

Since he's the agressive one, I think he should get the GGens if possible. I haven't thought about how to arrange that, but him getting GG points on C1 infantries would be great.

We need corporations for Infantries so how about PP-Bank-RP? Good civics, terrain bonuses first, then we go through rifling and the other pre-reqs.

Whomp
03-02-2008, 02:09
I think that path makes sense. I'll switch JH to PP.

JerichoHill
05-02-2008, 03:31
word, im on that path too, my ships are coming perth still the target?

BCLG100
05-02-2008, 03:35
You could consider a beeline for the kremlin, build it whilst your researching towards assembly line. GA yourselves, go no research start build on all factories- they should be done by the end of the GA and you should have enough gold to rush all coal plants. Especially as you could just trade the kremlin city around if you dont all get the benefits!

just an idea- not sure where you are in the tech tree.

Beorn
05-02-2008, 05:08
We're down both Liberalism-communism for the Kremlin path and then we are at PP towards assembly line, so not that close as to start prepping for it but it sounds like a nice idea.

JerichoHill
07-02-2008, 02:32
Whomp, think you could have your frigates seen near Kraratha? May make them move their forces there rather than perth.

Whomp
07-02-2008, 04:22
I will do that. I whacked one of his frigates and why one of mine is damaged. I will start to bring them to bear next turn.

JerichoHill
08-02-2008, 04:30
Okay my ships are in attack position with yours.

Im going to be in tomorrow night, no plans. Do we want to coordinate all of us being online and attacking at the same itme?

Beorn
08-02-2008, 05:52
Same for me, I can be there. Check the clock during the day tomorrow and be back on this?

JerichoHill
08-02-2008, 16:10
I'll be around after 6PM EST at home today

JerichoHill
08-02-2008, 23:31
Are we going to go or wait for our two late galleons about 2 turns away...id go now.

ill be back 9ish

Beorn
09-02-2008, 00:57
Yeah, let's go. They had a bunch of boys North so let's not hang around too long.

Whomp
09-02-2008, 01:45
Just be aware I landed and that city is going to be a p.i.t.a. to take out. There's lots of redcoats and cavs in the area but we may have a chance. Where my eastern frigates are that city only has 2 redcoats. Might be an alternative.

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 02:44
WIth our collateral damage units going first, we should be able to knock them

Beorn
09-02-2008, 02:48
These are good old cannons, with lots of collateral upgrades. We also are on a forest tile: 50% bonus defense that gives our grenadiers a +6 bonus, so nearly 20 strenght with drill and upgrades. Not too shabby.

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 17:59
Classical Hero pulled a multiple civ double move on us

I believe such DMs are against the spirit.

I was logged on for the turn restart and saw him attacking with the same civs before and after (my connection is not stable today so I couldnt make moves for our civs

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 18:09
Sorry that I could not move our guys out of that situation. I could not get connected for any longer than 20 seconds at a time or something like that. But yeah, I think that since we didnt get to make a move in between his entire team making two moves, he kinda broke the rules.

Am I right?

BCLG100
09-02-2008, 18:16
i think that in this game thats allowed.

I've noticed similar with classical hero though- i've been unable to connect whilst he's been on numerous times and the few times i did connect i get booted out!

Whomp
09-02-2008, 18:19
I don't know whether we stated a rule or not. What happened?

Beorn
09-02-2008, 18:31
IIRC DM's were allowed and were used earlier, BUT *he* proposed we'd state a no-DM rule. So there should be a no-DM rule in the books henceforth.

From my understanding, the confusion here resides in whether or not JH actually took his turn, which you didn't really do because you got booted off, as I understand it.

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 18:36
Booted off about 5 times yeah. I assumed DM were not allowed since he proposed said no DM rule and then said "Oh yeah, we all play at different times so its not a problem.

Pretty sad.

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 18:42
I also think that its a DM because there are 3 of us playing our civs separately and 1 of him playing 3 civs: disadvantage us

Whomp
09-02-2008, 18:51
I see you tried about 20 times it seems. I think that's where the confusion is. We were decimated on the spot and they had an awful lot of healthy units so I'm not sure it would've mattered too much. JH you should sink his frigate and I would consider moving further east along his shores where they have less units.

JerichoHill
09-02-2008, 19:17
I've been unable to log onto that server for abotu an hour now

JerichoHill
12-02-2008, 00:40
my water heater broke. Its cold here

BCLG100
12-02-2008, 00:52
Mine did that during our cold spell at the start of jan, couldnt get it fixed for like 6 days

Beorn
12-02-2008, 01:08
Well guys, the attack failed, they are up 11+ techs on us, they have more land/pop/gnp/prod and they got newly conquered lands. Should we call it off? I'm afraid there is no reasonable reason for us to believe we have a shot out of this one.

Whomp
12-02-2008, 03:47
I have no problem conceding the win. I don't think we have a shot either.

JerichoHill
12-02-2008, 22:06
I don't think we have a shot as well. Our gambit was to raze coastal cities, but we got hurt bad. I regret going headfirst to Perth, but since we're 11 tech behind, I assume that it probably wasn't going to matter.

classical_hero
13-02-2008, 14:23
I did make sure that i made my attack after the turn ticked over. I made sure that it only once the return ticked over that I made my first move. I pointed that out in the main thread. I was very careful, because I was in my own team and most of my units had no movement on them, well the ones that I was going to use first, since my cannons were moving before the first attack. It would have been pointless of me to attack with my Redcoats that did have movement on them, but would have been decimated. I am sure the JH will say that my first attack was with a cannon, not any other unit. But that is ancient history.

It was a god game with you guys. There were many times that you guys did annoy Team Anzac, which is good for you. It was fun to play this game an hopefully we could meet again. Have a look at the main thread over at CFC for some screenies and a "brief" description of what happened.