PDA

View Full Version : Nice article about Civ and Meier

Socrates
21-02-2007, 15:33
Linky : http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/305yuvkp.asp?pg=1

Found on that other site of course.

Pretty cool article. Usual stuff but also news to me. Will Smith ? [lol]

Also I like this quote (Meier answering) :

quote:What about the game Diplomacy? "You had to have friends to play Diplomacy so that kind of left me out."

Robboo
21-02-2007, 15:41
How do you know I am not Will Smith...or Robin Williams. We all know that Whomp is "Grandpa Monster".

Socrates
21-02-2007, 15:49
OMG we have Robin Williams at CDZ !!! [eek] (I take it you're not Will Smith ;) )

And yes, they should have mentioned Whomp in the article.

Shabbaman
21-02-2007, 17:24
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov
Also I like this quote (Meier answering) :

quote:What about the game Diplomacy? "You had to have friends to play Diplomacy so that kind of left me out."

[lol]

Sig-worthy.

Whomp
21-02-2007, 18:41
I'm becoming more like Drew Carey than Will Smith.

Here's the real Whomp...
quote:Jason Keisch will sometimes get the itch to play as the Germans "when I feel like I'm in a conquering mood, racing to the Panzer special unit. When I feel more like outproducing everyone, India is my top choice." Fair enough. Keisch is a happily married IT consultant in Boston. "My wife doesn't mind the videogames unless I get too loud [while playing with others on a network]. She would much rather I stay home . . . than go out to the bars with the guys." The way he sees it, "back in the day you used to have bowling night. I like to play videogames."

And then there is my friend who rules his civilization with an iron fist. His secret for maintaining control over a foreign city? "I starve the city to death, then I populate it with my own people."
I hear this from Holly all the time. Civilization or having him hang out with is insane friends. Civ....

Shabbaman
21-02-2007, 19:31
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

quote:And then there is my friend who rules his civilization with an iron fist.

[punch]

Melifluous
22-02-2007, 17:17
quote:
Meier had always taken an interest in computers--his first PC was an Atari 800 in 1979.

My first computer too! [nowait]

[meli]