PDA

View Full Version : MAP FOR 8 PLAYER GAME --MAP MADE--

digger760
30-05-2003, 15:37
Patch: 1.21
Difficulty: Emperor
Map: Pangea 80% land. 5 billion years, standard size.
All civs random.

Playing order:
digger760
Lt Killer
Melifluous
Matrix
Cruise
Erikk
Anarres
Wildfire

ERIKK
30-05-2003, 15:40
DrA coul;d you move the starting locations in that way that there arent any jungle or desert starts please!

Moving them is easy, just delete them first and add them on another location. Just do it before assigning them! :)

DrAlimentado
30-05-2003, 17:13
Erikk, good advice... I have to confess that I have already very often moved the start locs in 1v1 maps, and not just for player starts either [lol] - hey, how do you think you (and the ai) always get good starts eh? ;)

Umm, here's a question... "All civs random" - do you want me to use some discretion here or to genuinely have random civs. If I set the civs up specifically I can balance the map a bit better.

And I guess also just how balanced do you want it?? I can get a fair degree of balance just by hitting 'generate map' repeatedly and then moving start locs, or I can balance resources etc too (dosen't mean you all get all resources either... just means its fairer maybe.)

re: other settings, climate/temp/barbs do you want 'real' random, my discretion random, or specifics?

If I'm babbling just ignore me and I'll assume random settings that you don't want to know ;)

ERIKK
30-05-2003, 18:59
I say real random....

Dunno what the other think...

prettyvacant
30-05-2003, 19:58
imo i'd go for the kinda balance dr al is offering. i think it would help keep everyone in the game. Im in a MP which frankly i find tedious cos i had mts, jungle and desert and the first person i meet i see had 3 cows by his capital. im still there, and it may of course be ok with the dedicated group you've got.

edit: or you could have a handicap game !![}:)]

anarres
30-05-2003, 20:39
I am leaning towards a balanced map, it would really piss you off to get a jungle/desert start...

ERIKK
30-05-2003, 23:55
DrA was talking about iron and horses, right???

DrAlimentado
01-06-2003, 23:39
I will be making this map tomorrow... unless I hear otherwise I will be making it 'pretty balanced' resource-wise and I'll use my own discretion in all the params not specified and who gets what civ etc.

digger760
03-06-2003, 08:30
Er sorry dr A had a long weekend here have not been around. Use you discretion. just make sure there's not to much jungle and desert about

DrAlimentado
03-06-2003, 16:49
I am currently making the map.

Just to let you know what have I done re: civs;

I made a list of 12 or so civs I thought would play well for this map, obviously some are still 'better' than others but I deliberately excluded a few that would be a real crime to get.
I then rolled a dice to see who got what civ, to exclude any notion of bias!
I am currently setting up start positions and balancing stuff according to the civ choices. Will take a while to get it 'just right' but it'll be ready soon enough :)

ERIKK
03-06-2003, 16:57
Cool thanks: can you already state who got what? ;)

DrAlimentado
03-06-2003, 19:48
The map: icon_paperclip.gif 8 Player madness 4000 BC.SAV (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/DrAlimentado/200363184624_8 Player madness 4000 BC.SAV)

admin pw = "tothepowerof8", order is as required so Digger is first up.

re: starts. I have tried to balance this map pretty well. Some starts are naturally better than others for available land and bonuses - this is balanced with civ choice, strategic resources, proximity to other civs, and lux locations. Of course the map will still be unbalanced in some way or other... but you can play knowing it's a 1000% better than a random map. :)

one other thing - I have changed a couple of civ colours to try and not have colours too similar to eachother, if you don't like your new civ colour it's tough titty! This is the one thing I will not hear any complaints about! [tongue]

Now enjoy, and DON'T LET THIS GAME DIE!! or I will be forced to hunt you all down and kill you in ways too horrible to describe ;)

DrAlimentado
03-06-2003, 19:49
Erikk - I could tell you... but hell, you may as well leave it till you get your first turn and be surprised :D We all love surprises don't we? [lol]

ERIKK
03-06-2003, 20:04
ok, if all is right I will have it in less than a day [:p]