PDA

View Full Version : Season 31, Day 9

Socrates
04-02-2007, 00:04
I'M SUPER HAPPY !!! Tonight I beat the top team 3-1 at home, and the stadium was full for the first time. :D I won't go as far as to say that the championship gets some suspense again (because otherwise said top team wins all its matches), but it is nice for confidence. What's even more crazy : my best player, the Romanian IM, was still injured tonight. Delatour (FW) was my YS of the day, and he netted me with one goal. :) But I've listed him on the transfer market, as advised by some here. Good pick anyway.

quote:12000 punters turned up at Olympus Mons Temple, and despite threatening clouds on the horizon, no rain came. Olympic started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players took the field: Bouchebri - Mouysset, Lenoir, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Börjesson, Delatour.

Corsica tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Starters: Ferrier - Fernández-Cuesta, Sĝnnichsen, Clayton - Ureta, Barykin, Monteiro, Labán, Ollila - Becker, Meunier.

Today, Corsica's strategy involved concentrating on the flanks for their attacks. Olympic had a chance to take the lead on Jean Marouby's dazzling drive up the left, but the opportunity fizzled away as his shot went just over the bar in the 2nd minute. Corsica's Alexey Barykin managed to lose the defenders as he came down the right side and scored, putting the visitors ahead, 0 - 1. Olympic's Laurent Macrez was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the opposition's box - Patrik Börjesson managed to volley one of them into the net to make it 1 - 1 in the 38th minute. Thomas Plançon tipped the corner kick right to the keeper, who mishandled it, giving Olympic's Thierno Faye a chance to knock it in for 2-1. After an industrious effort down the middle, Jean-Lou Mouysset could have closed the game off in the 44th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The visitors' Jens Sĝnnichsen came close to levelling the score in the 44th minute with a free kick that went just wide of the top left corner. The referee showed Olympic's Thierno Faye the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Unfortunately for Corsica, Daniel Monteiro was injured when the game became more physical, and he had to leave the field. Giuseppe Bucci replaced him. Franz-Josef Daucher's curling free kick almost found the goal for Olympic, but the visitors' keeper somehow managed to get ahold of it. It was 2 - 1 at the break. Olympic, bringing their ball possession to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

Things were deteriorating for the away team as Olympic scored another to make it 3 - 1 after a left side attack resulted in a goal for Emmanuel Delatour after 47 minutes. Corsica's Giuseppe Bucci was shown a yellow card after 49 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Emmanuel Delatour should probably have put his team up another goal in the 67th minute, but some great goaltending by Miguel Ferrier kept the visitors in the game. Thomas Plançon behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 70th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. After an industrious effort down the middle, Jean-Lou Mouysset could have closed the game off in the 74th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. In the 75th minute, Thibaud Meunier had a fantastic opportunity to reply but his shot hit the side of the goal. This half belonged to Olympic, who controlled the ball 54 percent of the time.

Olympic's top performer was clearly Patrik Börjesson. Jean Marouby turned in a dismal performance, however. Corsica's top performer was clearly Antton Ollila. Giuseppe Bucci turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 3 - 1.

sz_matyas
05-02-2007, 04:43
Won 0-4, can't really complain. On a more exciting note, one of my trainees with only solid playmaking managed to get 4 stars, really pumped about that (he was powerful in the rain, but still). Should be interesting to see how the next copule weeks play out, just hope there are no injuries.

Aggie
05-02-2007, 07:38
An away draw vs the counter-attack kings of the league (1-1). It could have gone my way, but I can't complain. It lost the top position and I'm 3rd now. Next week I will play a bot and then the 4 remaining matches will decide. It can be anything from 1st to 4th.

Shabbaman
05-02-2007, 08:04
Without midfielders I decided to pic, thus I lost. Apparently my opponent decided to play it cool as well, if I just played normal I could've won. But I had already counted the loss at the start of the season, if I can keep my TS up I might win all remaining matches.

I'm contemplating on switching to training wingers btw. I need a winger, and they're all overpriced and/or unavailable (main prerequisite is that he should be dutch). Perhaps next season, my forwards need to gain at least a level.

Kemal
05-02-2007, 10:10
[yeah]

An extremely important 2-1 win over the no2 in the league, with me winning on a quick SE so no complaints about the match engine here.

It looks like direct relegation might be avoidable, though the league is so close it is impossible to predict the outcome.

Kingreno
05-02-2007, 10:34
2 suspended players led me to make a fantasy line-up that luckily won 0-1 away. Oh well.

Robboo
05-02-2007, 13:03
Loss 1-2 against the number one in my league. Solidifies my 4 place maybe I can pull off 3rd but it will require no more losses.

socralynnek
05-02-2007, 13:14
Won 7-0 against a bot...

Surprisingly number 2 only made a draw vs number 7, so I am second now, playing the third away this week.

BCLG100
05-02-2007, 13:24
lost 3-0 but am still third

Tubby Rower
05-02-2007, 16:39
won 1-2 now I'm 3 full points vs 2nd and 6 vs 3rd thanks to them drawing each other. I also am now in position to direct promote if things stay the way they are now.

Essentially I can lose against one but not both or I could draw vs both of them and still win the league. I'm shopping for a brilliant PM guy but I have to wait for 3 players to get sold before I can get him... I really don't need the good PM guy until 2 weeks from yesterday.

barbu1977
05-02-2007, 17:03
MOTS and won 5-1 against the team I'm now tied for 3rd place. It will probably come to goal difference between us. Right now, I'm 9 goals ahead of him.