PDA

View Full Version : Future diplomacy

Catalin
17-01-2007, 04:58
K-R wrote a message in travian, about our diplomacy, and asked our opinion, either by a short reply in the game, or by a discussion on the forum. Message was:

----------------------------------------
Diplomacy. We are currently discussing the future of CDZ. I recieved several hints that the larger alliances are massing senators and cata's now to take out the smaller ones. Considering we have a bigger mouth and a bigger brain then most alliances that are ranked 40 to 100 we are a very juicy target.

In a way there are 4 options.

- we remain as we are, defend like mad and try to become a less appealing target by maintaining a stubborn defence
- we sweettalk one of the big boys to protect us. This would make us a Vasal state.
- we become a wing of a bigger alliance, but keep this group as a whole. So no forced splitting-up of this alliance.
- we join forces with other juicy targets of our own size or smaller size, making them our wings. ("We love KR"-T-shirts being printed as we speak. :p)

We need to decide. Use either the forum for further talk or a short IGM to me to tell me your opinion.

Thanks for reading!

KR

Catalin
17-01-2007, 05:10
my opinion is:
- we still defend, there is no other choice, it's great that we know how to do that and we're doing a great job :)
- learn how to attack. all people should also start to produce attack troops from now on, at least 100. enough with defencive stance, let's produce offencive troops and kill everything in sight! chose an attacker champion (K-R or tofra... or me, LOL ;;) ) and ask the alliance to send him resources :)
- merge smaller alliances into CDZ. we have very good ranking when compared to number of members; if we could just take some more 10 members... we jump several good positions in statistics.
- make us a WING of a bigger alliance. we'll benefit from it's reputation and not much people will dare attacking us then. recruitment will also be no problem.

socralynnek
17-01-2007, 07:20
for future plans, I'd also vote for becoming the wing of a bigger alliance if we can keep our identity, I wouldn't be playing this game anymore if I wasn't in alliance CDZ.

Togidubnus
17-01-2007, 08:28
my gut feel is to bring others in as our wings - maybe starting with the alliances that we have... they must be aware, as we are, of the threat; and we have proven (to ourselves if nobody else) that we work well as a team, so it would be a shame to break that up in any way. So let's stay as the brains and have more wings to flap at the bad-guys!

by the by - thanks very much for all the support... all quiet at the moment, but I could do with more crop please!!

Ginger_Ale
17-01-2007, 13:05
I've voting for a WING of another alliance.

I think, even with smaller alliances, we won't have enough units to stop them (and their catapults, trebuchets, etc.). We're better off just joining the wing of another alliance and renaming ourselves on the alliance page. Simple and effective. I do admit, however, we could use a few new members regardless. Go find people around you!

Superfrodo
18-01-2007, 20:54
We realy should become a wing, or all join the same bigger Alliance.
Lately we are really dropping fast in the Ranking (we also lost 3 members). That's no good.

Kingreno
18-01-2007, 22:43
Ranking is only ranking. There many alliance above us with twice the ammount of members but only 20% more points. They just keep the inactives longer. In any serious talks with other alliances people are far more interested in points per player then totals.
I do agree that letting members go is not okay, but sometimes that happens.

grs
19-01-2007, 12:10
Does anyone know why younger left us?

Ginger_Ale
19-01-2007, 13:03
I'm not sure, all I can tell is he left for the DOOM alliance.

Kingreno
19-01-2007, 13:26
I recieved no word from him. He's free to leave though.

Superfrodo
19-01-2007, 17:04
Does anyone know what kind of Alliances Borg an RO_UN are?
They are bigger...well okay, with many more players.
They are pretty close to us, and if we join we would be the bigger players of that Alliance so we would still have something to say. Athough RO_UN makes some weird attacks to us lately.
Just a thought.

Grtz, SF: worth 9000 points :p

Ginger_Ale
20-01-2007, 01:15
Yeah, I have a lot of RO_UN and RO_BUC people near me, so if we merged with them I think it would work out...

Togidubnus
20-01-2007, 08:43
none round me, but if it raises our corporate profile, let's do it. So long as we don't lose our identity....

Rik Meleet
20-01-2007, 20:01
I have RO_UN people next to me. (3 tiles)

Kingreno
21-01-2007, 10:47
I had talks with the leaders of RO_BUC and _UN a time ago and they are only interested in merging if all top players from each alliance join up in one new main alliance and the rest make up their wings. I proposed several alternatives that would allow CDZ to remain as one, but they would have nothing of it.
RO_BUC basicly wanted our top 5 to join them, to make them bigger and CDZ would be a small wing. Though from a sheer tactical point of view this is logical and perhaps even a common thing to do, I for one would not want to join a new alliance and leave CDZ alone. [thumbsup]

As I am realy short on time these days I have not contacted any other alliance yet with a serious proposal. Feel free to talk to otehrs or post proposals here or via IGM.

Rik Meleet
02-02-2007, 19:07
I've been contacted by TUA (http://s2.travian.com/allianz.php?aid=1284) to join them. I said: no, but perhaps TUA wants to merger with CDZ.

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but it could mean survival for us. I also referred him friendly to K-R for diplomacy.

Kingreno
02-02-2007, 20:13
We made contact. I have sent a proposal for all on travian IGM.

Rik Meleet
03-02-2007, 01:43
I replied on Travian 2 :)