PDA

View Full Version : Season 31, Day 6

Socrates
13-01-2007, 23:58
I lost 5-3 away against the top team. Logical when you know the possession (60-65% for him). But I'm damn angry at those 2 injuries I got during the match, 2 IMs including my recent purchase who is injured for the 2nd time this season, basically putting 300k in the trash. :( With an annoying draw 1-1 last week, I'm dropping to an undeserved 3rd place. Hard luck, I feel like I'm stucked in this series forever...

Darth Pugwash
14-01-2007, 19:56
I won 10-0!

Puts me six points clear at the top of the table.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting stuck in one league Krys, especially as this is only your third season.

arne1
14-01-2007, 22:49
I beat the bot 0-8, is ok, clearly in the top half now, nest week I play number two and I will try and finish him off the next weeks. it still will be a struggel for second place.

Kemal
14-01-2007, 22:55
A somewhat unfortunate 4-2 loss sees me back at 6th again. Unfortunate, because 2 SE went against me, so 2-2 would have been a good possibility too.

Next week is another must win match again.

sz_matyas
15-01-2007, 03:28
Beat the #4 team in the league 5-0, thanks to a couple special events. More importantly, it was a sellout and hopefully I'm on my way to upgrading my stadium. The #3 team and challenger for 2nd had his 26 yr old star IM hurt for 6 weeks, exactly when I play him, so we'll see how that plays out.

Robboo
15-01-2007, 04:13
BIG WIN....

1-2 vs the number 1 team. I noticed my midfield was about equal to his...SO I MOTS and came away with 63% poss and a 70% poss. This was his first loss of the year. I on the other hand have a draw and 2 losses. I cant catch him BUT I can possible slip into 2 or 3.

Aggie
15-01-2007, 07:40
I had to play vs the team with the highest hatstat points in the league. He reached 153 in my game, where I managed to improve my best result ever to 129. However, he always shows up with a 5-3-2 formation with two attacking wingers. Therefore his midfield is ultra weak. So I decided to field my usual 3-5-2 formation, but now with two attacking central defenders and a winger playing towards the middle. I also decided to go for a MOTS, because my next two games will be vs a BOT.

This resulted in the following :

quote:Lucky Aggie
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: Match of the Season
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: inadequate (very high)
Right Defence: poor (very low)
Central Defence: weak (low)
Left Defence: poor (very low)
Right Attack: weak (low)
Central Attack: weak (high)
Left Attack: wretched (very high)

Haz-Dorp United
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: disastrous (very high)
Right Defence: formidable (high)
Central Defence: excellent (very high)
Left Defence: formidable (low)
Right Attack: weak (very low)
Central Attack: poor (low)
Left Attack: inadequate (very low)

I had 82% possession in the first half and 87% in the 2nd. There were 5 chances in the game, all for me. In the end I won 2-0. I was helped by a red card for Haz-Dorp, but I don't think this would have changed the outcome of the game.

I'm now in third place and I will normally win the next two games. One of the lower placed teams is now strenghtening his squad and that team is now as good as the leader. So the 2nd half of the season will be a very interesting one with 5 teams able to beat each other...

I will never relegate and a championship should be out of range, but you never know... It's only two points. I will be able to strengthen myself as well and this will be badly needed.

bed_head7
15-01-2007, 11:59
Sounds like an exciting series, Aggie. Mine is actually a bit more exciting for me this season, as I have switched over to stamina training. Last season, I ought to have promoted, and was planning to spend my (then) 6-7 million dollars on upgrading for V. Instead, I got robbed in a couple of matches, and decided to start up a stamina training program. It definitely makes things more interesting, as now there is one guy who will probably win comfortably, and five teams in the 2-6 spot, each of whom can win on any given match day. For the first time in a few seasons, I am having to think about lineups most every week in order to maximize my chance of winning.

Kingreno
15-01-2007, 12:25
Easy 6-0 vic at home. Nice stats as well.

Kingreno
15-01-2007, 12:25
Easy 6-0 vic at home. Nice stats as well.

Tubby Rower
15-01-2007, 12:46
I won easily with a 3-0 boredom match. I did have a solid central defense so that was good for the future. Most of my chances now come from the wings or free kicks which my SP guy nails almost every one :D. He's now in the lead by 1 goal as the top scorer.

Also in my league was the #3 (at home) beating the #2. It was a bit of a surprise since on paper CSKA should have beat Bridgeview. I guess that's good since I want them to split their games with each other. So now if CSKA (old #2) beats Bridgeview (old #3) I should be golden going down the stretch since I have 5 wins and 1 draw.

Melifluous
15-01-2007, 21:26
6th match, 6th PIC, 6th win.

I like this season

[meli]

Shabbaman
15-01-2007, 21:47
I made one of my midfielders walk back home after he got send off. 400 km, you can sponsor him. If you happen to be in the neighbourhood, you're welcome to run him over. Or we could ritually sacrifice him at the CDZ meeting.

"Ooh, he popped the hut!"

Kingreno
15-01-2007, 21:54
I shoot anyone wearing that shirt.