killercane
02-01-2007, 01:50
******Not for Romeo, Robi, Akots*******

We are playing Rise of Rome, with:

Rome - killercane
Celts - Romeo
Greece - akots
Carthage - Robi D

Legions= Praetorians for the purposes of this spoiler, since I keep typing legion.

Akots and Robi contacted me early and wanted some extended peace deals. I had no problem doing the akots deal, as he surrounds me on both sides. We also did open borders.

Robi, on the other hand, I had to think about. He has quite some room to expand really, in Europe. He starts pretty weak on the islands with only one archer each, and his UU cant do much damage to the Legion Is. I was really intent on taking his copper mine on Cyprus. But mitigating against that is, I cant finish him off before the Akots peace deal ends, and he is not really threatening. Legion IVs have a bonus vs. mounted units, and I have better starting lands. We have a "no alliance" rule between Carthage and Rome, so we will see how that goes.

Romeo, finally is the Celts, and they are the weakest of the civs in the beginning. The UUs arent very great, and dont get a lot better with upgrades. He is the only one that I lack a long term peace deal with, and 2 turns ago wouldnt move his warrior from the vicinity of my iron. So the Emperor's Legions removed the warrior and now we are at war. I dont see how he is going to stop me unless he gets copper hooked up.

As for the empire, I am building granaries and workers, and whipping like crazy here in the early going. Hopefully I can get enough xp vs. Romeo for a general and Heroic Epic before my peace deals with the other two run out. I think sooner or later they will team up on me. I dont know how the VP locations work so if anyone does let me know. Pics soon.

killercane
05-01-2007, 20:35
The Romans have drawn first blood; Romeo's city grew to size 2 this turn so I decided to attack lest he whip another archer or something. There is a Celtic warrior in attacking range of the injured praet. Should be a .9 warrior vs. a .3 Praet with a 50% defense bonus. How do I calculate if I will win?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/killercane/200715203338_Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
137.28*KB