PDA

View Full Version : League Matches Round 3

Kemal
29-12-2006, 00:09
[beer1]

Ok, so I know it has been 5 days already since the matches were played, but I just had to let you all join the celebrations as Snaken grabbed their first 3 points in the IVth division ever, and trounced their AH-ratings record by over 30 points, bringing it to 263, and setting a midfield score of magnificent (high).

[dance][party][dance]

quote:
36016 fans braved the pouring rain at FC De Snaken Arena. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Mi#322;ek - Suárez, Balyon, Dias - MacSymon, Geiger, Veraar, Castro, Farenhout - Kronskär, Sundér.

CV had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Starters: Uvanovi#263; - Vergouwen, Lindbratt, Kamperman - Al-Mahmoud, Váncsa, Myrblad, Falkström, Villaseñor - Lind, Jeanrenaud.

After 11 minutes, CV's Sylvain Kamperman fell awkwardly, but was determined to stay in the match. In the 24th minute, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Jon Lind put the ball away for 0 - 1. Humberto Dias pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 30th minute, wove through the guest's entire central defence and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. The 41st minute saw a great chance for Snaken to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Rinus Veraar alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. Snaken could have put themselves ahead in the 42nd minute but Per Kronskär missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 1. This half belonged to Snaken, who controlled the ball 60 percent of the time.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, CV's Juan Villaseñor got himself booked. After 59 minutes of play, Per Kronskär gave the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right. After 68 minutes, Per Sundér put Snaken ahead 3 - 1 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. By now, Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. After 80 minutes, Per Kronskär put Snaken ahead 4 - 1 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Mats Falkström of CV received a yellow card in the 82nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Snaken solidified their lead at the 83 minute mark, as Ciro Castro manoeuvered the ball through the opponents central defence and finished for 5 - 1. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. On the other hand, Humberto Dias's play was disheartening. CV's top performer was clearly Mats Falkström. Shunnar Al-Mahmoud on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 1.

Merry Christmas for De Snaken indeed! [smokin]

arne1
29-12-2006, 08:22
well done kemal.
I had a narrow escape 0-2 away. And I am starting to fear that I need some luck to finish second this year.

Aggie
29-12-2006, 15:44
I won 4-3 and I am very happy about it. Next round is vs the number 1. It's a long shot but not hopeless...

EDIT: good work Kemal!!

Tubby Rower
31-12-2006, 20:39
I MOTS'ed my main rival in the league at home and beat him. I was pleased and now I just have to wait until the end of the season to go back to his place and hope I don't start my traditional end of season slide

yndy
02-01-2007, 21:25
I won 5-1 at one of the best teams in the series. Totally unexpected and very very lucky. OTOH he played very bad tactically.