PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union

Kingreno
11-12-2006, 19:59
As a good founder it's time for a <s>short</s> long post about how we are doing and perhaps discuss future developments.

First, our alliance made an easy top 100, and now stands at place 75. We flirted with top 50 but after some drastic alliance quitters we are now a bit back. No problem, we are doing good.

Second, we still suffer from several attacks. [aargh]
I'd like to mention 3:
-CWM: the biggest alliance is bugging us all over the place. They and their wings keep attacking us, though this is hardly aimed at CDZ, they are farming us nevertheless. I advise a very very defensive attitude. We must simply become less interesting. These critters scout very well and we must show them we can defend but pose little offensive danger (twoards them). Check out what they send at (e.g.) Swingue and if you are close find a nice time to gather defensive units at his place.
-Jack Sparrow: Annoying Gaul that is in the middle of some less active members. He's from MAFIA, as of yet with thier 4 wings out of our league. He has 2 forces, one has between 50-120 TT, the other is his hero (prob offensive) and 70-150 swords. This is a decent attack but NOT undefendable!! Please check how close you are to him so we can surprise him. Again please communicate to other nearby members and to the defending village!
-Yahworld: Former member who may be reading this. Not nice to see him wreaking havoc within his former alliance but to be honest I am doubtfull his farms are active. If not then please let them speak out now! He's attacking with Clubbies/axes and a hero. I know he has a force of 40+ Pladins too. Again defense is the key here. As in other cases please communicate and reinforce.
For all: Check which of these attacks are closest to you, find out who is close too, organise a defense plan and act upon it. It;s realy not that hard. If 3 players send 60-80 defensive units each to a village where the defender must build as high a wall as possible, all these attacks can be stopped!
And do not forget that your (def) hero can get very nice experience from this!

Third: We must still grow. Invite players that are nearby and have potential! We should be a bit picky now as we are growing, like no entry under 150 pop. Though nice people are always welcome. :)
(as are those laisy CDZers that still have not signed up yet...)

Fourth: I do not need any resources anymore until our alliance grows to at least 45, though if you warehouse/gran would otherwise overflow they are still welcome.[smirk]

Thanks for reading![worship]

Ginger_Ale
11-12-2006, 20:13
As I've stated before, as soon as I get to lvl 10 of all resource fields, I'm cranking up my war production (should only be 3 or 4 days more), so I'll try to find someone that's picking on CDZ and attack.

You and I are pretty close KR, so let me know what your plans are (militarily) and maybe we can coordinate something.

Socrates
11-12-2006, 22:27
I'm working on my 3rd village, but it will take more time. I'm currently being catched up by Kingreno and tofra in pop because my 2nd village is almost made up of crop fields exclusively, so it takes more time to build than with balanced types. But after that I'll have a bigger army (if I ever build a single unit in this game, that is).

No big deal, but I've just acknowledged that yahworld had left us. A few days before he left, he sent me a shitty PM, asking for some crop. I sent him 1,000 crop right away. No surprise I won't be fooled twice ; next time any non-CDZ-native player asks for stuff, I will keep my resources for me (besides, I now heavily need them).

Rik Meleet
11-12-2006, 23:15
I've asked TFT - http://s2.travian.com/allianz.php?aid=335 for friendship (NAP) or ally status. They were scouting me.

Togidubnus
12-12-2006, 13:05
I am certainly finding that my CWM neighbour (Pekepe70) is attacking me much less now he realises that my resources are all taken up in building and development. Still the occasional attack, then I point out to him the error of his ways and that he is wasting his time, then he goes quiet for a bit, and the cycle starts again.
I will try to reinforce Swingue when I have some spare capital for troop training.
Togi

Tubby Rower
12-12-2006, 13:12
This has nothing to do with this server, but when the next one re-starts, it would be nice if we could all start on the same day in the same quadrant so that we could be closer together rather than so spread out.

Kingreno
12-12-2006, 13:43
As our end goal is global domination it would be prudent to be everywhere. [estwing]

Togidubnus
12-12-2006, 17:16
mabe we join in pairs / threes and get little city-states going.....

Kingreno
12-12-2006, 19:57
Indeed. Find and contact your neighbouring allies and organise defence. It's not that hard, especially if you sit for eachother.

Swingue
12-12-2006, 20:22
hmm, getting farmed since yesterday, upgraded cranny to 10.
Will start on wall and more crannies

Kingreno
12-12-2006, 20:35
sent 140 units (100 phalanx/ 40 druids) will arrive 1.15 hours this night. If someone has a bit of crop left please send to swingue2. No thousands needed but a few hundred/fifties is okay.

Ginger_Ale
12-12-2006, 21:11
I sent 1000 crop (due to arrive in under 2 hours).

grs
13-12-2006, 07:43
I sent some Praetorians.

Rik Meleet
13-12-2006, 09:14
100 Imperians are on their way to Swingue.
Due in 10 hours.

Kingreno
13-12-2006, 09:22
Please stop sending more units to swingue.

There are already 140 units (180 crop) there and with grs' praetors that is more then sufficient. Besides, Imperians are way too expensive for their lousy defence. It's like defending with Longbowmen in civ![rolleyes]

Also, keep the distance in mind. any reinforcements under 5 hours are probably better used elsewhere (unless you are realy in the south-pacific like Krys).

Kingreno
13-12-2006, 10:22
I am pulling out the druida at swingue's place as praetors will cover the inf-defence. I have sent some scouts as for some reason people do not build them enough.

grs
13-12-2006, 21:11
Well, yes it seems useless to send such few troops such a long way. If they are not needed anymore I will retract them.

Ginger_Ale
13-12-2006, 22:25
I am now at level 10 of all my fields (except crop, some are still at 9)! :D

I'm building up my Equites Imperatoris army along with my hero, attacking nearby abandoned valleys to gain experience. Then I'll start raiding some people around me...

In other news: does anybody need extra iron?? I have a lot of surplus I can't use at the moment.

Togidubnus
15-12-2006, 11:24
on a different topic, what is the point of upgrading the Rally Point? I am on level 2; is it worth me using resources to develop it? All my resource fields are at level 6 (and rising), my main building is at level 6, hero's mansion & barracks at level 4, palisade level 7. I am planning getting the palisade up to 10, then training a defensive army to give Pekepe70 a surprise... so, Rally Point upgrade or no?

Catalin
15-12-2006, 17:26
for the moment, no. Rally point is only used to make better performance for catapults, but you don't have catapults and anyway catapults are futile for the moment. People should start training normal soldiers so they can defend and farm. How many troops do you have?

When you attack with catapults, you can choose the target building. If you have rally point level 1 you can only target small buildings such as resource fields. But with rally point higher level, you can target more important buildings, such as Residence.

Togidubnus
16-12-2006, 01:18
soldiers it is then - I am still way down the line on that front (1 hero and 8 phalanx!) but will spend more on them in the morning.

Togidubnus
16-12-2006, 19:20
well, he has a bloody nose now... but I suspect that will rebound on me!
If anyone can spare some resources for trap building, or some defensive forces for when he strikes back, I would be grateful.
Ta very much.

Togidubnus
16-12-2006, 20:20
crikey - I was right. 250 clubswingers!