PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup 11th Edition?

Pages : [1] 2

Melifluous
04-12-2006, 12:45
This start post has shamelessly been ripped from previous editions.

[shout]Welcome at the 11th edition of the CDZ Cup. We are now open for registration for the Cup which is scheduled to start after the 7th league game has been played in the HT season, resulting in 9 games total to be played in the CDZ Cup this time. Depending on discussions and amount of participants, the actual starting date may vary to either a later or earlier point in time.

I am listing the people that are invited, please confirm your participation here or by HT-mail to Kemal or me. Anyone from CDZ or CFC is invited, just list your name and team in this thread and you are in.

I am going to repeat here the rules of the competition as well :
* You need to have an active team in Hattrick [jump];
* You need to register by listing your name and team in this thread by 14-1-2007; there is no limit on the number of participants;
* The games will be played as (international) friendlies and booked accordingly in Hattrick [duelist];
* Challenges can be issued by any of the two teams scheduled to play a game as soon as allowed [charge];
* Challenges should be accepted by Sunday evening [ninja];
* If a game is not arranged by Sunday evening, the team having issued the challenge is allowed to start searching for another friendly. [medic];
* The deadline for setting up a match is Monday 23:59 GMT. After the deadline, the team in default will lose the game 5 – 0. If a team decided to wait until monday to accept, it is at its own risk if the opposition has then already arranged another friendly. Please make sure to arrange the matches during the weekend latest, as you'll surely understand, we can't afford teams to lose training! [mad3];
* The first stage will be a league stage and games will be played as ‘normal’ friendlies [rifle];
* The following stages will be knock-out stages and will be played as friendlies ‘with Cup rules’ [mgun];
* The purpose of the Cup is to give every team 9 friendly games, there is no elimination from the cup and everybody plays until the end [shoot];
* The first *(still to be decided on exact composition and thus amount of teams per group, will be edited later)* teams in each group will qualify for several knock-out stages and one of them will be the Cup winner[dance];
* Teams that have not finished in the top *(still to be decided on exact composition and thus amount of teams per group, will be edited later)* in the league stage will still qualify to the knock-out stages which will determine their final ranking in the Cup [wavey];
* The makeup of each group will be drawn when the exact format of the Cup has been agreed upon and will be finalized. [joker];
* There will be no rebalancing of the home/away games in the knock-out stages [coool];

[b]Anyone can join, the invitation/declination lists are just a reminder to see how many teams are more or less expected to figure in this edition of the cup!

Invited teams (9):

7. Swingstars (Swingue)

21. Acorazado Fuerte (Schip)

23. Eindhoven Energy (Energy)
24. Pyknites (KoningJan)

30. Katanga Resistance (andretei)

32. FC Saarbrücken (Doominik)
33. holly's eleven (hollybolly)

Confirmed (27) :

1. Krys Olympic (kryszcztov)
2. Mistfit's marauders (Mistfit)
3. Lucky Aggie (Aggie)
4. FC De Snaken (Kemal)
5. Barbiers (barbu1977)
6. Crawfish (Robboo)
7. Deep Space Elm (socralynnek)
8. Shabba FC (Shabbaman)
9. The Meltdown (Tubby Rower)
<s>Last</s>10. BCLG United (BCLG100)
11. Pugwash FC (Darth Pugwash)
12. hunting_penguins (sz_matyas)
13. Chemists (akots)
14. Wartham United (Dell19)
15. PP SV (ProPain)
16. The Blue Boys FC (english_brit)
17. Xerxes Reitsma (Eldakkar)
18. spartak kimski (kimski)
19. Meli's Manglers (Melifluous)(Good enough for ya?) (wrong color though, fixed that)
20. Aristocats (Kingreno)
21. Sibultsikud (Sibul)
22. de burchtheren (arne3)
23. FC Duckstad (tofra)
24. FC Suca (ciuly)
25. Chimica Tarnaveni (yndy)
26. FC Dibbelabbes (altkaese)
27. Codrutul Doiciesti (Yanche)

Declined (0) :

Discuss and accept below please.

[meli]

Kingreno
04-12-2006, 13:13
I am confused. We used to have a discussion and a participation thread. [hyper]

Melifluous
04-12-2006, 13:19
And people used both. Now we have 1. So there.

[meli]

Socrates
04-12-2006, 13:40
I'm in.

10 chars

Mistfit
04-12-2006, 14:39
I am going to play again.

btw.. I do not think you need 10 characters here

Aggie
04-12-2006, 14:44
I'm in...

Kemal
04-12-2006, 15:29
Confirming. Earliest sign-up thread ever btw, looking forward to improving on your ranking for the next edition meli?

barbu1977
04-12-2006, 16:17
Barbiers will play again.

Robboo
04-12-2006, 16:32
crawfish are in...

socralynnek
04-12-2006, 16:55
I am in if I won't win my national cup...;)

Shabbaman
04-12-2006, 17:04
I'm in, but only if you let me win.

Darth Pugwash
04-12-2006, 17:35
I'm in again

BCLG100
04-12-2006, 18:50
well if someone manages somehow to knock me out of the national cup then im in!

Tubby Rower
04-12-2006, 19:41
ooo ooo me too me too

sz_matyas
04-12-2006, 20:00
Count me in, unlike BCLG I will have no problem dropping out of the national cup.

akots
04-12-2006, 21:23
I'm in.

Dell19
04-12-2006, 22:38
I'll join

ProPain
04-12-2006, 23:21
count me in. My goal is to end up higher than this season. Should be easy if I just remember to accept challenges unlike last season :)

arne1
05-12-2006, 18:27
Confirmed! I hope i do not need to meet BCLB to get my first win though.

English_brit
05-12-2006, 19:13
lol.

Count me in please.

Eldakkar
05-12-2006, 19:51
Xerxes Reitsma will shine again :); my girlfriend would like to play too, if that's okay? Her team is called spartak kimski, owner kimski.

BCLG100
05-12-2006, 22:41
girls????? oooooooo they might have cooties!!!

Tubby Rower
06-12-2006, 16:13
since Meli started this thread, shouldn't he be on the accept list?

Kemal
06-12-2006, 16:18
Well, never saw him (nor KR for that matter) accept/confirm participation... and I expected him to have put his own name and team in the confirmed list when starting the thread.

Melifluous
06-12-2006, 16:22
You'd have thought so wouldn't you.

I'm waiting to see if enough people join before I decide whether it's worth entering and once again kicking all your loser asses!

All your base are belong to us!

[meli]

BCLG100
06-12-2006, 17:08
im determined to not come last this year!

Tubby Rower
06-12-2006, 17:26
but you will anyway [lol]

arne1
06-12-2006, 18:22
specially, if meli keeps overlooking my confirmation, which means I would like to join.

Kemal
06-12-2006, 18:36
yeah meli, pay some more attention will you... [mischief]

BCLG100
06-12-2006, 19:25
i hate you tubby rower! i hate you!!! always pissing on my parade!!! you are teh n00best!

Kingreno
06-12-2006, 19:26
ARISTOCATS CONFIRMING

Excuse the large font but that blind-ass moderator seems to be missing a lot these days.

Tubby Rower
06-12-2006, 19:30
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

i hate you tubby rower! i hate you!!! always pissing on my parade!!! you are teh n00best!
[lol] you can always kick my large backside around in civ so I think that this evens out. But at least I didn't get an award named after me yet

Sibul
07-12-2006, 17:45
/me in

BCLG100
07-12-2006, 20:41
Just so everyone knows through some great miscariage of justice and great unforunalities and well god must have been playing for the other team. BC United's impressive cup run seems to have come to an end so i should be able to play the first match :)

arne1
08-12-2006, 08:11

Just so everyone knows through some great miscariage of justice and great unforunalities and well god must have been playing for the other team. BC United's impressive cup run seems to have come to an end so i should be able to play the first match :)

God is a traitor! He MUST be punished.

ciuly
16-12-2006, 15:31
I'm in too, and since I want to promote I should have less WO's than last season.

yndy
17-12-2006, 11:06
I move we vote for the elimination of FC Suca from the CDZ Cup. ;)
He either wins everything or walks-over. This can no longer be tolerated.

I also suggest he should be demoted one division into Romania's V as a response for helping his division mates understanding this game and making the life of all others more difficult. [assw]

If so than I'm in. If not, I'll reluctantly join [:p]

Since it's a discussion thread I suggest we give serious consideration to the fact that the youth system changes from next season. As I understood, besides one more game per week we'll be allowed (in a way) to do our own divisions. So it sounds natural for CDZ Cup to move to the next level and create the CDZ youth division(s).

It's going to be more fun since the youth will be o similar level and differentiation will be made by tactics mainly.

The CDZ Cup may also remain, we'll have the dual system of Cup and league.

What say you ?
ban ciuly

Kemal
17-12-2006, 15:16
Well, we have to take into consideration as well that both youth systems will still exist, so not everyone might choose the new system.

Furthermore, there are undoubtedly gonna be teams that still don't invest in the YS at all, and will never play these matches.

So a new youth competition seems a good idea, but I think it should be kept completely seperate from the CDZ cup though.

BCLG100
17-12-2006, 19:18
erm what? should i start investing in my youth squad then?

arne1
17-12-2006, 23:19

If I were you I would not.

Socrates
17-12-2006, 23:25
I'm all for this CDZ friendly division, this gives a whole new sense to this site, all the more as players funding the YS equally will be treated on the same level. The CDZ Cup is fine, it's nice to play against each other and not to have to look for a friendly every week, but as a matter of fact, knowing I have so little chance to make a very good result, it ends up being a way to make some pocket money on Wednesdays. [blush2] This new YS system will bring more excitement, even though not everybody is willing to fund that.

I just hope it's worth carrying on with the 20k every week, I'm almost at the best level.

socralynnek
18-12-2006, 01:13

Quite the opposite. If you want to go to the new system (which is the one you need for the friendly leagues), your investment in the old system won't do you any good, so no sense in investing now.

Tubby Rower
18-12-2006, 12:35
yeah I should hit excellent YS in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering a bit of what the new system will bring. I'm not about to drop the $20k investment as they might carry over your current YS level when creating the new system.

Kemal
18-12-2006, 13:27
They have already confirmed that will not be the case. However, you can choose to continue with the old system if you want, and in that case you will still have an excellent YS if you already had so before.

Socrates
18-12-2006, 13:49
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

They have already confirmed that will not be the case.

I can't believe they have... Does this mean I lost hundreds and hundreds of thousands of euros, trying to set up an excellent YS academy, while I'm looking forward to the new system ? This is disgusting. And I don't know how they'll make the distinction between clubs that fund their YS and the clubs that don't other than by funding money every week like we're currently doing. [???]

I feel like I could have had a great party all along instead of going on diet. :(

Kemal
18-12-2006, 13:57
The "new" YS is just an entirely new formula that will co-exist next to the old formula. However you can only use one of the two, so you have to make a choice (everyone will be given the choice when the new system is introduced, and apparently switching later is possible too though I do not know the details on that).

Everybody will start the new system at the same level, regardless of what the old level was. That has been confirmed by the HTs themselves on the forum.

Tubby Rower
18-12-2006, 14:40
So if we won't to use the new system, would it be better to stop contributing to the old system now and let the YS naturally decline? meanwhile saving ~ $240k this season. I think that's going to be my approach unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Melifluous
18-12-2006, 16:24
Interesting discussion guys...

You sure you're in the right thread though?

[meli]

Tubby Rower
18-12-2006, 16:53
this is the new YS thread right?? [lol]

Melifluous
18-12-2006, 16:58
*waves his big shitty banning stick about*

[banned]

Any more comedians?

[meli]

barbu1977
18-12-2006, 17:22
Anyways this will start next season right?

I don't see why this should impact this season's cup.

Tubby Rower
18-12-2006, 19:39
no it shouldn't.

Are we doing a swiss-steak style tournament or a group play-style like we did last year??

arne1
19-12-2006, 19:39
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

no it shouldn't.

Are we doing a swiss-steak style tournament or a group play-style like we did last year??

With a "swiss-steak style" do you mean a system like the chess "olympiades"? Where after the first round a ranking is made and #1 is playing #2, #3 #4, etc etc. After the second round you would make a new ranking, and try to do the same with the restriction that you can not play any team twice.
This would take some scheduling effort for every week. Schedules should be available by thursday, to not increase the probability of walk-overs.
If we have somebody for every week to do that, I am all for it. I am even willing to do it once or twice if I am home in that particular week.

Tubby Rower
19-12-2006, 20:17
I can read up on swiss tourneys and help out too.

socralynnek
20-12-2006, 00:45
There are programs who can do the scheduling although I am pretty sure Tubby would make an Excel Sheet for that...

I am always for a Swiss style system, but the disadvantage is:
Lower teams get to play each other often whcihc means lower income for them.

arne1
20-12-2006, 01:01
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

There are programs who can do the scheduling although I am pretty sure Tubby would make an Excel Sheet for that...

true, but they will also have more competetive matches, which seems more fun to me and that is what the game is about for me.

tofra
20-12-2006, 09:58
I'm in too! Sorry for not being so active anymore on the forum, but I started a new job....

barbu1977
20-12-2006, 15:42

But the lower teams will get the chance to travel to Canada. [blush]

arne1
20-12-2006, 19:10
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

But the lower teams will get the chance to travel to Canada. [blush]

where I got muy biggest turn up in a freindly everever!

ciuly
03-01-2007, 12:08
I'm out of the national cup, so get ready cause I intend to regain the CDZ cup trophy. :)

Kemal
03-01-2007, 12:13
Snaken will 99% sure be out today too, and are aiming to be a contender this season as well. This edition, it will be 2nd place that has FC Suca written all over it...

Kingreno
03-01-2007, 15:49
Of course the Snakenmanager needs to avoid the Aristocats again this season to make his big talk into anything realistic.[estwing]

Tubby Rower
03-01-2007, 16:02
how will we have a tournament with 25 teams?

socralynnek
03-01-2007, 16:06
There is just one possibility:
That is, we use one of three possibilities:
-We get rid of someone
-We force someone to join
-We play with a dummy team, which means one team gets a free win each week.

Tubby Rower
03-01-2007, 16:13
I could drop out if need be. I'm looking for some flags.

Shabbaman
03-01-2007, 17:05
It's probably easier to get some other teams to join. I'll send some ht-spam to the CPF members.

socralynnek
03-01-2007, 17:13
Tubby: Permission to dropout denied! The cup is mandatory!

I'll spam altkaese s.t. he joins!

Kemal
03-01-2007, 18:53
I think Katanga Resistance could be a very likely joiner as well, if HT-mailed.

BCLG100
03-01-2007, 19:11
of course you all need me there so one o you doesnt come last :p

Kemal
10-01-2007, 18:45
Any news on additional teams wanting to join? First cup matches would need to be arranged starting from next week already, so I suppose it is time to get some action again in this thread, and decide on what setup to use, and how many teams we have playing.

arne1
12-01-2007, 08:17
a freindly for the first week needs to accepted before friday, since I will be leaving friday.

Tubby Rower
12-01-2007, 12:29
is this the week that we need to start or is it next week?

Robboo
12-01-2007, 13:19
Yeah I need to know ( hopefully no one has accepted my challenges)

/That would be you Tubby :)

Tubby Rower
12-01-2007, 13:22
no I haven't.. If we aren't going to have a CDZ cup match this week, then I'm going to go looking for another flag. Sorry Rob

Robboo
12-01-2007, 13:28
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

no I haven't.. If we aren't going to have a CDZ cup match this week, then I'm going to go looking for another flag. Sorry Rob

Not a problem....I figured offering it to you was a "safe" challenge if the cup was coming up.

altkaese
13-01-2007, 15:04
I'm in, too (FC Dibbelabbes).

Tubby Rower
13-01-2007, 15:45
I have a Belgian team for a friendly this week... does it start this week (resulting in me having a walkover the first week) or does it start next week?

Kemal
13-01-2007, 16:07
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

[shout]Welcome at the 11th edition of the CDZ Cup. We are now open for registration for the Cup which is scheduled to start after the 7th league game has been played in the HT season, resulting in 9 games total to be played in the CDZ Cup this time.

Tubby Rower
13-01-2007, 16:12
so next week..

Kemal
13-01-2007, 16:23
League match 7 is played in 8 days time, the friendly after that match will be the first CDZ Cup match. :)

yndy
13-01-2007, 18:33
Yanche with Codrutul Doicesti also wants to join, but basically she needs a lot of pushing to post a message in English.

Shabbaman
13-01-2007, 20:07
NP, we'll just take your word for it.

socralynnek
15-01-2007, 12:10
I assume we get to an even number until Wednesday, but that is not needed in a Swiss system.

If we do a swiss system, I'd volunteer to help in calculating who plays who.

So the rules for our Swiss CDZ system would be:

First day looks like this (assuming 28 teams)
28th - 14th
27th - 13th
15th - 1st

The ranking could be the ranking of last time, or team id or whatever.
It doesn't matter that much.

-One plays always a team that is quite near in the table
-No double matches, one never plays a team one has already played against
-The team that had less home games so far plays at home, if there is a tie, the lower ranked team plays at home (either initial ranking or current)

-Maybe the last round is a final between neighboring teams, we could decide that later.

Is that fine with everyone? I'd calculate the first round on Wednesday morning then (or someone else could do)

(A following round could already be kind of precalculated if there is just 1-2 games in USA before those matches, slight inaccurencies in who plays whom in the beginning stages don't matter much)

So, probably no team travels more often than 5 teams (maybe 6 times)
We could (let's say from the 2nd round onwards) play the matches in the country of the home team on neutral ground if you think that's more fair.

Kemal
15-01-2007, 12:40
Most important thing: where will team 28 come from?? We need an even amount of teams to ensure everyone gets a game, so that should have priority now.

As for the Swiss system... well, no news that I am not a fan of it, but with 28 or especially 26 teams creating a standard league table without doubling is far from easy, so I am willing to give it a shot if others think they can manage this system easily. I am still concerned though about the financial consequences for weaker teams in this system though... I envision poor new teams playing poor new teams a lot here, with low spectator income and high travel costs.

socralynnek
15-01-2007, 12:54
I will do a bit of spamming this evening in a German HT-online-radio-IRC-channel.
One team will be possible, I think.

At least we have no brandnew team here, so travel costs vs income shouldn't be as problematic as it was in previous editions.

We could even do a predefined 2nd matchday to give them a slight boost in income at the beginning.

arne1
15-01-2007, 18:40
as I tried to say before, I will leave coming friday and want the freindly arranged by then or I will arrange another freindly.

Tubby Rower
15-01-2007, 18:58
If need be, I can still drop out and just organize it instead of participating in it.

Also, if any of my opponents are wanting to have a home game instead of away game, I'm willing to travel the entire cup

socralynnek
15-01-2007, 19:16
Swiss system also works with an uneven number, just one walkover every week, but it's equally fair distributed.

Tubby Rower
15-01-2007, 19:28
but the purpose of the cup is to guarantee a friendly every week for those involved. So in order to keep that aspect of it, I could be the one outsider that if for some reason someone doesn't accept the friendly for that week, I would be available. Plus I'd be able to continue to hunt for some flags.

socralynnek
15-01-2007, 19:37
OK, then let's define the matches tomorrow. If someone joins on wednesday or so, then you play that one, Tubby.

Initial ranking: last year's cup or teamid?

Tubby Rower
15-01-2007, 19:42
teamid would be a more random start. I would go for that since randomness is my middle name if you change the order and change a few letters.

Melifluous
15-01-2007, 21:23
mandes roms?

neat [goodjob]

[meli]

socralynnek
17-01-2007, 01:19
fixtures posted.

If no one objects til tomorrow evening, all teams get spammed s.t. they know the cup begins and where they'll find their fixtures.

I still propose playing the 2nd matchday like the first (14 vs 1, 15 vs 2,...) only using current standings to give the lower teams some income at the start of the cup.

barbu1977
17-01-2007, 03:23
good work!

Robboo
17-01-2007, 03:39
sounds and looks good

Kemal
17-01-2007, 10:47
Thanks for getting it up and running socra! How many teams actually still figure in the national cup btw, any others besides Wartham United?

yndy
17-01-2007, 16:48
Codrutul Doicesti is still in the National Cup.

Robboo
17-01-2007, 17:00
SO would that mean I get a WO in the cup and have to find a friendly?

Tubby you available? Or should I go look elsewhere. I dont mind looking since I could use a few internationals for experience.

Tubby Rower
17-01-2007, 17:38
If you can't find one, send me a challenge and I'll accept. I'll hold off until Sunday evening in finding a friendly to give you some time. But I would rather do an international. But I am content in supplying the teams that get WO's a friendly.

Robboo
17-01-2007, 17:52
Thanks I also would prefer a international...i will start spamming people as soon as possible

socralynnek
18-01-2007, 12:12
Starting the spamming of all teams now, so don't be shocked...

socralynnek
18-01-2007, 14:37
So, at least, besides the two who are still in the cup, no one ahd already a frineldy when spamming so at least I was not too late for that.

Robboo
18-01-2007, 15:05
OK I just spammed 10 to 12 teams for a friendly. If the other team whose opponent is still in the cup wants..I will travel to play them

Robboo
18-01-2007, 16:50
HEY Tubby...

Got a friendly so feel free to spam for yours.

arne1
18-01-2007, 19:51
I will accept the freindly of week of 30-01-2007 Sunday earliest

akots
21-01-2007, 10:27
But I already played with KingReno. Should we play again? [confused] I have no objections.

Kingreno
21-01-2007, 10:53
Oh, and do try to score this time Akots. [smirk]

socralynnek
21-01-2007, 11:16
akots, I didn't take pre-Cup matches into account when doing the fixtures...
But you are free to do a walkover match and send him the points in a letter...

socralynnek
23-01-2007, 09:09
As a service, I'll provide the fed members with links to all matches. That way, I can easily keep track of the matches myself...
I'll copy the post here, but you'll have to copy and paste the match id then...

BTW, thanks to Meli for making me a mod for this subforum. I can edit the fixtures and results list myself then...

socralynnek
23-01-2007, 09:39
The matches with ids for this week:

Pugwash FC vs FC suca [matchid=110855530] Tue 21
hunting_penguins vs The Blue Boys Fc[matchid=110933814] Thu 01
xerxes reitsma vs Sibultsikud[matchid= ] not arranged???
Barbiers vs Meli's Manglers[matchid= 110824632] Wed 23
Lucky Aggie vs Shabba FC[matchid= 110832294] Wed 17.05
Crawfish vs Codrutul Doicesti 5:0 - doicesti still in the cup
Krys Olympic vs FC De Snaken[matchid=110852897] Wed 15.20
Chimica Tarnaveni vs FC Dibbelabbes[matchid=110937720] Wed 10
FC Duckstad vs Deep Space Elm[matchid=110850188] Wed 17.20
de burchtheren vs Mistfit's_Marauders[matchid=110834704] Wed 17.20
Aristocats vs chemists[matchid=110948315] Wed 17.20
BCLG United vs PP SV 0:5 - BCLG didn't log in for a month
spartak kimski vs wartham united 5:0 - wartham still in national cup

All times are HT-time.

----

Sadly, two matches were not arranged, I mailed Sibul and Goswao to sort that out, both have a new friendly...

Darth Pugwash
23-01-2007, 23:05
Crap!

I accidentally put my A-team in for the match vs Suca, which means my GK trainee is missing training.

socralynnek
24-01-2007, 10:51
Now imagine what the result would have looked like when you would have fielded your B-squad...

Looks like the Romanian teams get a good start...

Suca winning 9-1, yndy is leading 1-0 at halftime but with only 20%posession...

yndy
24-01-2007, 18:46
Very interesting result from my side. Due to several injuries and also due to my formation for the league game, I only had defenders to play in this one. But I wanted to play 3-5-2 so this is what I got. Double outstanding defending ratings. Incredible! More incredible was that I got a normal chance and it was a penalty. It's nice to have mythical set pieces at the right time.

Lucky 1-0 win for me.

Shabbaman
24-01-2007, 20:02
I don't understand what happened: I beat aggie 3-4, but if I look at the stats 0-3 or so would've been a suitable result. Oh well, the ht gods don't smile on me anyway...

Tubby Rower
24-01-2007, 20:11
right now we are waiting on the following two matches

hunting_penguins vs The Blue Boys Fc
Barbiers vs Meli's Manglers

sz_matyas
24-01-2007, 22:45
I think it would be safe to say that I'm going to lose in planning your schedule. By how much is the only question.

barbu1977
24-01-2007, 22:54
I'm not ready to trow the towel yet!

I have my A-Team, my TS is trought the roof and I'm at home. Who knows?
(played my B-team in a 0-6 Pic this weekend)

sz_matyas
25-01-2007, 02:53
Well I was right as I managed to lose 1-5 and didn't help anyone win the consolation prize. On the bright side I was able to cover travel expenses plus (or my case proftit) despite it being overcast.

socralynnek
25-01-2007, 09:49
Fixtures and Tables updated...

For initial seeding purposes etc. this round is again 14 vs, 15 vs 2 etc. with a slight modification to not let the hunting penguins play again vs TBBFC.

Kemal
25-01-2007, 10:37
Wow, I just noticed Codrutul is *still* in the cup, unbelievable!

And wartham got pipped after a very good performance, another great achievement there, CDZ teams just keep on getting better and better it seems!

Tubby Rower
25-01-2007, 12:57
I updated the ranking table for formating and also added the amount of home matches that the team has played. The home matches are mainly for ynnek and I to make the fixtures and attempt to have everyone have a relatively equal home matches

Melifluous
25-01-2007, 13:11
Gah I got a 2-2 draw with a load of Frencher than French, psuedo Americans in the frozen north...

Still my plan of getting the lucrative 13th place and thus securing a game against this weeks biggest losers worked ;)

[meli]

sz_matyas
25-01-2007, 14:00
Hmm, my understanding of the Swiss Tournament was that you narrowed the groups down so that you always played someone close to you in points. i.e. for us the top winner played the 7th winner, worst loser, plays a middle of the road loser. Next round there will be three groups, winners, losers and one of each, rounding out the numbers so that there are an even number of teams in each.

Otherwise the top teams are always kicking around the middle of the pack and the bottom people (i.e. me, since I won't play my A team this cup) never gain traction.

Right now the groups would be 12 winners, 2 draws, 12 losers, folding the draws into the winners so there isn't a rematch it becomes 14 winners, 12 losers. Remember this system was developed for thousands of people playing limited number of rounds

Robboo
25-01-2007, 15:31
Yeah thats the way I understood it...like records play like records. So all the 1-0 and 0-0-1 play while all the 0-1 play. Then next round you have a new group of 1-1. Unless we are playing like this for a few rounds then go to the like plays like format.

Not that it really matters since i will be playing in the lower group soon enough.

sz_matyas
25-01-2007, 15:49
Either way is fine by me, I just want to know who I need to challenge for next week. Eventually I would like a chance to play some of the losers though as I really don't see myself winning more than about 2 or 3 games max, thanks to terrible form right now and needing my best players to compete in league later on.

Tubby Rower
25-01-2007, 17:20
I was talking to ynnek and since there is a wide variety of teams here, he thought that we'd have one more round of #1 playing a lower ranked team instead of #2. That way we could get a better "initial" ranking for the 3rd round. Also it would allow the crappy teams a chance to earn some more money by playing the larger opponents.

Next week it will be the traditional swiss thingie. and ynnek did ask if everyone was ok with the above, and no one responded so we ran with it.

Kemal
25-01-2007, 17:22
Seems like a good idea to me.

Robboo
25-01-2007, 18:18
yeah no problem here either...I had already accepted the challenge also.

sz_matyas
25-01-2007, 21:32
Yeah, details like that aren't my strong point. Sounds like a fine idea and have sent out my next challenge (though spartak kimski kind of gets it in the shorts thanks to the walkover)

socralynnek
25-01-2007, 22:59
Tubby, thanks for adding the home match count.
That's something I would have added tomorrow...
Today I had the following idea for home match count: make away matches count -1 and WO matches 0, that way non-arranged matches wouldn't spoil that table cause one can't really count a home non-arranged match as a home or away game.

What do you think of it?

To clarify: (I thought I had stated in my post this morning...) starting from next week, there will be normal swiss style system where everyone plays someone of similar points.

BCLG100
30-01-2007, 17:14
i will have no idea who im playing/who im meant to be playing except that im playing shabba tonight!!!!

on the other hand i didnt log in for a month cos i forgot about it, turns out im 3rd in the league and only lost twice the entire season so far, admitedly one of those was 9-1 but still!!!!!

Shabbaman
30-01-2007, 17:41
So WHAT THE FUCK is this scheduled downtime? I'm supposed to be thrashing bclg tonight, and I'd better be able to set my line up. Scheduled my ass. It's WAY past 11:00 now.

Tubby Rower
30-01-2007, 18:23
I can get to the ip address (http://193.34.189.76/Common/default.asp) in the past that has shown the guy in the hammock when HT was down. Maybe they've already upgraded to Vista [lol]

BCLG100
30-01-2007, 19:21
i can get on just fine :)

Robboo
30-01-2007, 19:33
me too...

socralynnek
01-02-2007, 00:53
So, I go to bed... I'll compile the new fixtures in the morning as I just can't guess how the match tonite in the US will finish...

BTW, what a trashing for Barbu! Very impressive FC Suca!

Oh and Codrutul Doicesti is still in the cup! That is even more impressive!

Oh, and the table you see in the fixtures thread was done with the program I am using for the cup!
Looks nice! Oh, and if you don't agree with your matches then blame it on the software...

Kemal
01-02-2007, 09:39
The table looks good, but there same to be some problems with regard to rankings: several teams should be located on a different place in the table due to goal difference, it seems to me. (BCLG, Snaken, Shabba, Krys, Codrutul to name a few)

Or am I not understanding the ranking system correctly?

socralynnek
01-02-2007, 10:17
Yeah, thanks for spotting!

Took the wrong criteria in that program...

Matches are available in a few minutes!

Sibul
01-02-2007, 18:56
Do I look wrong team FC Duckstad id=504953 or he allready accepted not cup game :(

Kemal
01-02-2007, 19:05
Indeed he has...that would be your second walkover-win already this season, Sibul. :(

Sibul
01-02-2007, 19:15
he is not my oponent this time :). I just made injury table and looked WO's then found out it

socralynnek
01-02-2007, 19:53
FC. Duckstad (817820)

That's tofra. And he doesn't have a friendly already!

In the fixtures and standings thread you can find all team ids!

Kemal
01-02-2007, 20:18
Good call Sibul and ynnek, and apologies to tofra, indeed he isn't the one... I looked him up on hattrick and saw the Cornelis Prul stadium which I know tofra plays in, so I assumed the worst; turns out both these teams have the same name and play in a stadium renamed the Cornelis Prul Stadium)! [lol]

yndy
01-02-2007, 20:34
Indeed Codrutul is still in the national cup and now I feel it's in a way my fault for signing her in for the CDZ Cup :)

This time she won in the Cup without sending match orders, she is out of town and has no internet access.

ciuly
02-02-2007, 09:58
Looking forward to playing with English_brit, I didn't forget he took away my [:P] title in the VII-th edition.

socralynnek
02-02-2007, 15:13
Yeah, looks like this is the first match that can be decisive for the whole cup.
Although maybe the loser gets awarded with slightly easier games in the following weeks.
But I guess in the end, the winner has played against all top-teams and thus the winner can prove that he really deserves the cup! (this is something I like about the Swiss system)

Eldakkar
04-02-2007, 19:06
BCLG doesn't accept my offer for a friendly, am I allowed to get another one already?

socralynnek
04-02-2007, 20:24
No! (seems like BCLG accepted just a few minutes ago...)

Robboo
04-02-2007, 20:28
When is the deadline for accepting challenges? It seems mine has not yet been accepted.

socralynnek
05-02-2007, 13:01
Matches with time and id:

Games in Round 3 - 06.02.2007 - 08.02.2007
1 The Blue Boys FC - FC Suca ..... [matchid=111430455] Tue 21
2 Mistfit's Marauders - Sibultsikud ..... [matchid=111385539] Thu 01
3 Shabba FC - FC De Snaken ..... [matchid=111446589] Wed 17.05
4 Deep Space Elm - Chimica Tarnaveni ..... [matchid=111402765] Tue 18.30
5 spartak kimski - Aristocats ..... [matchid=111432144] Wed 17.05
6 FC Duckstad - wartham united ..... [matchid=111454300] Wed 17.20
7 Crawfish - PP SV ..... [matchid=] not arranged yet (Thu 01)
8 chemists - hunting_penguins .....[matchid=111424714] Thu 01
9 Barbiers - Pugwash FC ..... [matchid=111422483] Wed 23
10 Meli's Manglers - FC Dibbelabbes ..... [matchid=] not arranged yet (Tue 21)
11 Codrutul Doicesti - Lucky Aggie 0-5 (Codrutul still in national cup)
12 BCLG United - xerxes reitsma ..... [matchid=111523569] Tue 21
13 de burchtheren - Krys Olympic ..... [matchid=111391269] Wed 17.20

socralynnek
05-02-2007, 13:09
The deadline for accepting friendlies is Sunday 24 HT time.

So, robboo, you are free to search another friendly, however it is always nice, if one can wait as long as possible. E.g. if you can look for another friendly later this evening (HT time) then it would be nice if you could wait that long.
But if you need another friendly now, then go ahead.
Could it be that we lost PP? Somehow I already wrote him a HT-Mail alst week when he already missed the match.
He didn't even answer.
Shall we bring in Tubby as replacement for PP? Maybe wait another week and give him another chance?

I hope, Meli and altkaese get the match done today too...

Robboo
05-02-2007, 15:23
I will wait...the guy in my own league has requested a friendly. If its there in 8 hours I will accept if not i will grab another from a newbie. If I dont get one I will switch to stamina.

Robboo
06-02-2007, 00:22
ynnek...

As of 00:00 hattrick time propain has yet to accept my game. So i have started searching for another.IF he accepts before some one else does then i guess we wont have a walkover. I simply cannot wait any more. :)

socralynnek
06-02-2007, 00:26
yeah sure do that!

sunday 24 is gone since 24 hours...
you get the points!

Robboo
06-02-2007, 03:40
ynnek..the walkover is official. I accepted another friendly.

socralynnek
06-02-2007, 20:20
Arrrrgggggghhhhhh

Chimica drew in the 90th minute with a non-tactic-counter attack...

grmpfllhmpfgrrmlllhmpf

socralynnek
06-02-2007, 23:52
So, the first one to stop Suca didn't succeed, TBBFC gets a little bashing...

socralynnek
08-02-2007, 03:04
We had some real close matches this week already. Both US matches were interesting to watch as it was pretty close there.

Three teams still have lost no point. Next week it will be less than that...

I have posted the new fixtures.

Congratulations to yanche for still being in the national cup!

BCLG100
08-02-2007, 04:47
and this is to stop this thread turning into a one man thread :)

yndy
10-02-2007, 13:34

Arrrrgggggghhhhhh

Chimica drew in the 90th minute with a non-tactic-counter attack...

grmpfllhmpfgrrmlllhmpf

I was impressed myself. I kind of like how my defensive approach is doing in the CDZ Cup.

socralynnek
11-02-2007, 16:06
I updated the home and away balance assuming the English match between Meli and dell gets arranged and assuming that PP doesn't accept...

Dell19
11-02-2007, 23:34
Its Sunday night and Meli had not accepted so I've accepted another friendly as I don't want to be trying to arrange a friendly at the last minute tomorrow night when I get home.

socralynnek
12-02-2007, 00:12
OK, fine, I'll notice that.

Melifluous
12-02-2007, 15:40
I was in Holland :(

In fact Sunday night I was flying home from Holland and couldn't accept it.

I tried today and Dell has arranged another friendly.

Nevermind.

[meli]

Dell19
12-02-2007, 20:22
Possibly my fault then. Maybe put it down as a draw?

Kingreno
12-02-2007, 21:27
I have challenged PP, but he seems to have left the planet. SMS-ing now...

BCLG100
13-02-2007, 22:53
as im not sure whats going on, ill propose this anyways, why dont we have a league? where everyone plays each other twice? easy to work out fixtures points etc.

socralynnek
13-02-2007, 23:16
because we want a format which is done in one season (that is 9 friendlies)

The cup is much to big, it would take years to make a full league. And it would make it impossible for new ones to join.
And it wouldn't be fair as teams change over the seasons.

Melifluous
14-02-2007, 10:41
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

Possibly my fault then. Maybe put it down as a draw?

no no no.

The rules clearly state that friendlies should be arranged before midnight on the sunday before the games.

I will accept the walkover against me with grace :)

[meli]

Socrates
14-02-2007, 17:22
I drew to BCLG 2-2 after leading 2-0. :( And got an injury. [blush2] Not a very good day for football. Anyway, congrats for those 2 goals, after all those missed opportunities.

socralynnek
14-02-2007, 17:25
Hey, at least both of you got a real point!

That's worth a celebration for both of you ;)

Socrates
14-02-2007, 17:30
I think the Swiss System will show my real value, ie. below my latest CDZ results, which were a bit ahead of the last place, because of some lucky matches in the middle of the tourney. ;)

BCLG100
14-02-2007, 22:30
sorry about the injury krys but neverthless woop no loss for me this time!!!

i take it im still last though?

arne1
14-02-2007, 22:35

sorry about the injury krys but neverthless woop no loss for me this time!!!

i take it im still last though?

I think Codrutol doicestie is last for still being in the national cup. Do not know if she is out now and able to crush her next opponent in the CDZ-cup.

BCLG100
14-02-2007, 22:53
ah well person who is last whilst activly playing in the cup

Robboo
14-02-2007, 23:05
I would be right down there with you BC...I think all my goals have been due to walkover. Which sucks. I cant get an accurate idea of how good i am compared to you guys since I keep playing above where I should be. BUT the income is nice.

I would like to ask that if theres a way to "weaken" the walk over effect. I dont think I have yet to score a goal in the CDZ cup this year. But I have 10 due to WO's.

BTW...kyrs will be in last due to goals.

socralynnek
15-02-2007, 11:40
I was actually thinking the opposite robboo, I would have wanted Codrutul to go down faster. She only got last today.

krys, I will ask yanche whether she can challenge you at your place, you will receive a big-bashing anyway...

I had hoped for a little more tension at the top, seems no one can stop Suca...let's wait now for the clash of the Romanians (maybe I have to setup one match Doicesti- Suca in one week of the cup s.t. he might at least lose once...)

socralynnek
15-02-2007, 11:44
BTW, thanks for making contact to PP, KR!

You get rewarded with easier matches in the next few weeks ;)

Socrates
15-02-2007, 12:57
NOT... FUN !!! [cry] And yes, I could always play at home if my opponent agrees.

barbu1977
15-02-2007, 15:33
Humm next round against ProPain.

What's the secret to get PP to accept the chalenge?

Dell19
15-02-2007, 19:52
A stat that would be nice to have at the end of the tournament would be the highest, lowest and average position achieved throughout the tournament.

Kingreno
15-02-2007, 21:50
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

Humm next round against ProPain.

What's the secret to get PP to accept the chalenge?

Buy my next Youth Pull and I'll make sure to send him an SMS.[cool]

socralynnek
15-02-2007, 21:52
You mean something like that:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/socralynnek/200721521500_round4.jpg
28.5KB

Or that:

CDZ Cup 11 - - Group 1
Progress table after Round 5 - 20.02.2007.
Pos Name 1 2 3 4 5
1 Aristocats 17 11 15 21 21
2 BCLG United 24 24 24 24 24
3 Barbiers 14 19 22 18 18
4 Chimica Tarnaveni 12 7 4 2 2
5 Codrutul Doicesti 21 23 25 26 26
6 Crawfish 5 13 9 13 13
7 Deep Space Elm 10 8 5 10 10
8 FC De Snaken 8 4 7 3 3
9 FC Dibbelabbes 16 20 23 19 19
10 FC Suca 1 1 1 1 1
11 FC. Duckstad 18 10 16 11 11
12 Krys Olympic 20 25 26 25 25
13 Lucky Aggie 15 21 17 20 20
14 Meli's Manglers 13 18 14 17 17
15 Mistfit's Marauders 2 5 8 4 4
16 PP SV 4 14 19 12 12
17 Pugwash FC 26 17 13 9 9
18 Shabba FC 11 6 3 8 8
19 Sibultsikud 3 3 2 6 6
20 The Blue Boys FC 7 2 6 5 5
21 chemists 9 16 12 15 15
22 de burchtheren 25 26 21 23 23
23 hunting_penguins 19 15 18 22 22
24 spartak kimski 6 9 11 14 14
25 wartham united 22 12 10 7 7
26 xerxes reitsma 23 22 20 16 16

(The numbers in the table is the ranking after match x, the teams are sorted by name)

Or that:

wartham united
1 spartak kimski - wartham united 5-0 0 22
2 wartham united - chemists 7-1 3 12
3 FC. Duckstad - wartham united 0-3 6 10
4 Meli's Manglers - wartham united 0-5 9 7
5 FC De Snaken - wartham united ..... 9 7

Score, Points in Ranking, Ranking position

Those are some of the stats, that the program I use provide.

Dell19
15-02-2007, 23:08
Basically yes.

ciuly
16-02-2007, 07:51

I had hoped for a little more tension at the top, seems no one can stop Suca...let's wait now for the clash of the Romanians

Against yndy?:) It's more like a walk in the park than a clash. ;)

Melifluous
19-02-2007, 00:51
Just tried to sort my match vs Duckstad and they're already arranged a friendly.

If I've saearched wrong I'll sort it tomorrow.

Oherwise I'll take the WO thankyou.

[meli]

BCLG100
19-02-2007, 00:59
why's reno so low, i looked at his stats before the game when i accepted and his team seemed good, is he playing his retard team in the cup or summit?

BCLG100
19-02-2007, 01:00
why's reno so low, i looked at his stats before the game when i accepted and his team seemed good, is he playing his retard team in the cup or summit?

barbu1977
19-02-2007, 05:55
Pro Pain has not accepted my chalenge. I'm goins to find another one tomorow morning.

Kingreno
19-02-2007, 09:06

hehe. 5 defence trainnee's and some future coaches do not make a decent team.

Kemal
19-02-2007, 09:25
As a headsup to the organization, spartak kimski and Xerxes Reitsma will not be playing each other this week, due to the fact they log in from the same IP and logically want to avoid any possible suspicions from any GMs, as when they informed the GMs they play from one PC, it was suggested not to transfer players *or play friendly matches* between the two teams.

So therefore Xerxes Reitsma refused to accept the challenge from spartak kimski.

tofra
19-02-2007, 13:33
Meli, after waking up after "carnaval" you have arranged another game already (i din't already had another friendly).. to bad.. Just note the WO for me.. :-(

Anyone want to play a friendly?

socralynnek
19-02-2007, 15:02
ah, kemal, if they had told me before, I could have entered that match as prohibited and thus avoided. I guess we should call it a draw then.

Meli, you probably looked for FC Duckstad which is not the same as FC. Duckstad.
In case someone is unsure, the team ids provided in the tables thread are correct.
I guess we just have to call it a win for tofra...

tofra
19-02-2007, 15:04
make it a draw, because I also could have arranged the friendly before te weekend and I didn't.. :-)

socralynnek
19-02-2007, 15:29
ah, ok, so you didn't challenge him til sunday evening? ok, then you are probably right, a draw would be fairest then.

Melifluous
19-02-2007, 16:07

Meli, you probably looked for FC Duckstad which is not the same as FC. Duckstad.

Doh....

[meli]

Tubby Rower
19-02-2007, 16:49
maybe tofra could change his clubs name to "Hey this is tofra's club"

barbu1977
19-02-2007, 17:17
PP did not accept, I went on to another friendly.

ProPain
20-02-2007, 10:38
Sorry Barbu

Just logged in to accept, but you alrdy moved on.

There's a lot going on IRL for me atm. I apologise for all the hassle I;m causing. I;ve set an alarm on my mobile to accept on sundays from now on but if you wanna schedule me out I can understand that as well.

socralynnek
20-02-2007, 11:08
Match IDs and starting times:

1 FC Suca - Chimica Tarnaveni [matchid=111985335] Wed 10

2 FC De Snaken - wartham united [matchid=111960518] Wed 17.20

3 Shabba FC - Mistfit's Marauders [matchid=111947390] Wed 17.20

4 The Blue Boys FC - Pugwash FC [matchid=111999104] Tue 21

5 Sibultsikud - Deep Space Elm [matchid=111971276] Wed 12.15

6 Meli's Manglers - FC. Duckstad [matchid=] 0-0 due to mutual error

7 PP SV - Barbiers [matchid=] 0-5 PP was too late

8 Crawfish - chemists [matchid=111985587] Thu 01

9 spartak kimski - xerxes reitsma [matchid=] 0-0 due to rules

10 FC Dibbelabbes - hunting_penguins [matchid=112003987] Tue 18.30

11 Lucky Aggie - de burchtheren [matchid=111949750] Wed 17.05

12 Aristocats - BCLG United [matchid=112082343] Wed 17.20

13 Codrutul Doicesti - Krys Olympic [matchid=112022181] Wed 15.20

So, all is sorted out, the matches can begin. It's sad that there are only 10 matches this week but I guess we had already worse in vacation time.

socralynnek
22-02-2007, 11:09
Fixtures for round 6 posted.

There are a lot of teams who hae lost only once, the fight for place 2 seems interesting...but maybe someone can stop Suca still?

yndy
22-02-2007, 13:32
quote:Originally posted by ciuly

I had hoped for a little more tension at the top, seems no one can stop Suca...let's wait now for the clash of the Romanians

Against yndy?:) It's more like a walk in the park than a clash. ;)

Walk in the park? I was leading before the darn refree redcarded my best defender without batting an eye. From looking to some blonde bia'tch probably as the mover was totally uncalled for. Two more goals from you but before I had the chance to get some more chances you flattened one of my best inners. Where was the refree looking at that time?

Totally undeserved victory ;)

Robboo
22-02-2007, 14:49
whahooooo... I tied the chemists. Proof that luck helps.

Aggie
22-02-2007, 15:38
Lost 1-8.... I never lost this big before... Well done arne...

arne1
22-02-2007, 18:17
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Lost 1-8.... I never lost this big before... Well done arne...

not so well done actually one of my A-midfielders was playing. Totally uncalled for.

Kemal
22-02-2007, 18:43
Hmm, so now it is Suca vs Snaken... hopefully I can prevent a loss as big as Aggie had, but I'm afraid it will be heading that way.

Shabbaman
23-02-2007, 21:05
So who am I playing next round?

socralynnek
23-02-2007, 22:15
4 wartham united - Shabba FC

EDIT: Thanks for another chance to get my post count up!

yndy
25-02-2007, 20:50
Meli, Yanche tells me she will log in and accept your match sometime on Monday. Hopefully that is OK with you.

sz_matyas
26-02-2007, 03:04
Hmm, wondering what people have to do to get ProPain to accept a friendly. I'll probably start searching tomorrow afternoon, but he was online when I issued the challenge (and logged off immediately after it was issued so probably missed it)

sz_matyas
26-02-2007, 14:30
I am happy to report, ProPain did accept my challenge, just later than I expected. So no walkovers yet!

socralynnek
26-02-2007, 18:52
Yeah, first week with full 13 games!!!

Here are the matchids and playing times:

1 FC Suca - FC De Snaken [matchid=112227044] Wed 10

2 Sibultsikud - The Blue Boys FC [matchid=112247742] Wed 12.15

3 Chimica Tarnaveni - Mistfit's Marauders [matchid=112211167] Wed 10

4 wartham united - Shabba FC [matchid=112323366] Tue 21

5 Pugwash FC - xerxes reitsma [matchid=112363439] Tue 21

6 chemists - FC. Duckstad [matchid=112270797] Thu 01

7 spartak kimski - Crawfish [matchid=112314071] Wed 17.20

8 Deep Space Elm - Barbiers [matchid=112240624] Tue 18.30

9 Aristocats - de burchtheren [matchid=112280969] Wed 17.05

10 hunting_penguins - PP SV [matchid=112381428] Thu 01

11 Meli's Manglers - Codrutul Doicesti [matchid=112373143] Tue 21

12 BCLG United - FC Dibbelabbes [matchid=112313324] Tue 21

13 Krys Olympic - Lucky Aggie [matchid=112235200] Wed 15.20

Kemal
26-02-2007, 19:13
I'm afraid wednesday will be my biggest CDZ cup loss ever... :(

socralynnek
28-02-2007, 01:40

I'm afraid wednesday will be my biggest CDZ cup loss ever... :(

Let's see whether you can lose lower than Shabba did this evening vs Dell...

Won 7-2 vs barbu, quite an impressive number of goals, considering our attack ratings...

Kemal
28-02-2007, 14:20
Well, today's result tied my biggest loss ever in the cup, 8-0.

Another friendly attendance record for me though, nearly 6K punters! [yeah]

socralynnek
28-02-2007, 16:23
Hehe, the highest loss that my team ever got in Hattrick was also a 8-0 vs FC Suca...
I guess, we are not the only ones with such statistics here...

Socrates
28-02-2007, 18:13
Yeah, first victory this season !! :) I was very lucky against Unlucky Aggie, if you look at the stats... And my best player was the GK I purchased today (of course this was the semi-B team). Great.

arne1
28-02-2007, 18:56
I beat kingreno. joy. Hopefully I have the luck of the draw with me and can win two more matches to get in the tophalve this year.

BCLG100
28-02-2007, 23:16
i lost again. yes i know. your all surprised.

Robboo
28-02-2007, 23:39
wahoooo..second win and my new forward scored a hattrick. he will be playing both league and friendlies till next season.

Aggie
01-03-2007, 09:39
Second undeserved loss in a row this week... I am happy that THIS was a training match!

socralynnek
01-03-2007, 11:22
New fixtures posted.

BCLG, here is your chance to avoid last place. Win that one at home and you have good chances to become 25th or so...

The Marauders challenge Suca...

But maybe the highlght is the English battle for place 2, TBBFC vs wartham united. Can dell grab place 2 despite missing the beginning because of national cup?
But I am pretty sure that dell has to face FC Suca still if wartham can go for spot 2.

Aggie
01-03-2007, 11:40

...BCLG, here is your chance to avoid last place. Win that one at home and you have good chances to become 25th or so...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

arne1
01-03-2007, 19:14
Hmm, it seems to me I have to keep all my trainee's for another year to end in the top halve of CDZ-cup.

socralynnek
06-03-2007, 12:09
Games with matchids and starting times:

Games in Round 7 - 06.03.2007-08.03.2007.

1 Mistfit's Marauders - FC Suca [matchid=112545376] Thu 01

2 The Blue Boys FC - wartham united [matchid=112555700] Tue 21

3 FC De Snaken - chemists [matchid=112561020] Wed 17.20

4 Sibultsikud - Pugwash FC [matchid=112632070] Wed 12.15

5 Crawfish - Chimica Tarnaveni [matchid=112507442] Thu 01

6 PP SV - Deep Space Elm [matchid=112662623] Wed 17.20

7 Shabba FC - de burchtheren [matchid=112563352] 17.05

8 FC. Duckstad - xerxes reitsma [matchid=112569743] Wed 17.05

9 spartak kimski - Barbiers [matchid=112504275] Wed 17.20

10 FC Dibbelabbes - Aristocats [matchid=Tue 18.30]

11 hunting_penguins - Codrutul Doicesti [matchid=112538810] Thu 01

12 Meli's Manglers - Krys Olympic [matchid=112653000] Tue 21

13 BCLG United - Lucky Aggie [matchid=112651710] Tue 21

Again, all matches are arranged!!! That is nice, isn't it?

BCLG100
06-03-2007, 13:21
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

...BCLG, here is your chance to avoid last place. Win that one at home and you have good chances to become 25th or so...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Woop aggie at home- ive been told this match is important :)

BCLG100
07-03-2007, 14:02
Seems im destined to come last again :(

socralynnek
07-03-2007, 14:09
Let me put it this way: if krys loses both matches and you win one, krys might become last.
You just need a little luck for that... at least there is no one without any single point this time...

socralynnek
07-03-2007, 14:12
BTW wartham united will face FC Suca next week at home (in any case causew wartham won vs TBBFC). He might be the only one besides Codrutul able to beat him this season.

But maybe teh Marauders make a surprise win this night...

Shabbaman
07-03-2007, 19:11
My team sucks. 246 v.s. 100 hatstats and they still manage to score only 5 times. On the bright side, the first time I fielded only dutch players since 5-10-2003.

Kemal
07-03-2007, 21:38
Lost 2-7 vs Chemists, and I think there may have been some A-players involved or akots has an impressive B-squad. ;)

3 injuries but fortunately no big ones.

socralynnek
08-03-2007, 03:00
New fixtures posted...

FC Suca has to face wartham now to make perfectly sure he gets the title...

Oh, BCLG, if you look at the ratings that Codrutul had this week, you have a good chance if the lineup is the same next week!

akots
08-03-2007, 05:19

Lost 2-7 vs Chemists, and I think there may have been some A-players involved or akots has an impressive B-squad. ;)

Well, TBH, it is not my fault here. I guess a couple of replacements (coming from A-squad) had to be done because of injuries and this was what did the trick apparently.

Aggie
08-03-2007, 09:13

Seems im destined to come last again :(

It was a nice game with a lot of chances and goals. And no injuries!

Robboo
08-03-2007, 15:29
Crawfish 3 Chimica Tarnaveni 2

All out tactics worked thansk to my set peice guy. yahoooooo.

BCLG100
08-03-2007, 16:47

Oh, BCLG, if you look at the ratings that Codrutul had this week, you have a good chance if the lineup is the same next week!

that would require some level of understanding about the game though...

yndy
08-03-2007, 17:22
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

Crawfish 3 Chimica Tarnaveni 2

All out tactics worked thansk to my set peice guy. yahoooooo.

Yes, the SP guy made the day for you. Congrats!

Robboo
08-03-2007, 17:41
I was outclassed and knew it so I went back to something I was playing around with and tried the "all out" tactics. I am mainly doing it to give my league opponents a different "approach" by my team. IF I can throw a complication in their planning then I may have a chance to move into 1 or 2 next season.

arne1
08-03-2007, 18:48
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

My team sucks. 246 v.s. 100 hatstats and they still manage to score only 5 times.
And still you feel it is necesarry to injure my players.[butcher]
Wait untill next season!

Dell19
09-03-2007, 20:18

New fixtures posted...

FC Suca has to face wartham now to make perfectly sure he gets the title...

PIC in the league and first team in the cup?

:)

socralynnek
13-03-2007, 02:13
And again, all matches arranged!

Games in Round 8 - 13.03.2007 - 15.03.2007. with matchids.

1 wartham united - FC Suca [matchid=112868118] Tue 21

2 Mistfit's Marauders - The Blue Boys FC [matchid=112968251] Thu 01

3 Crawfish - Sibultsikud [matchid=112856033] Thu 01

4 chemists - Shabba FC [matchid=112930462] Thu 01

5 Pugwash FC - FC De Snaken [matchid=112871959] Tue 21

6 Chimica Tarnaveni - PP SV [matchid=112977503] Wed 10

7 Deep Space Elm - de burchtheren [matchid=112807432] Tue 18.30

8 Barbiers - hunting_penguins [matchid=112834522] Wed 23

9 Aristocats - FC. Duckstad [matchid=112959024] Wed 17.10

10 xerxes reitsma - Meli's Manglers [matchid=112950647] Wed 17.20

11 Lucky Aggie - spartak kimski [matchid=112768241] Wed 17.05

12 FC Dibbelabbes - Krys Olympic [matchid=112830216] Tue 18.30

13 BCLG United - Codrutul Doicesti [matchid=112971346] Tue 21

BCLG100
13-03-2007, 02:28
i looked at codrutul's ratings ynnek and i saw that they should safely hammer me to pieces.

socralynnek
13-03-2007, 02:30
it depends.

if codrutul uses the same lineup as last week vs sz_matyas, then you have a big chance winning that.

sz_matyas
13-03-2007, 03:56
I don't know, might be about even money with that lineup, specially if codrutul decides to actually use 11 players instead of only 10. Still I won't complain about the fact that I have now moved out of range of the BCLG award.

BCLG100
13-03-2007, 04:28
i dont like how its still called the bclg award, maybe when someone new joins next year i wont win it.

socralynnek
14-03-2007, 00:47
The last little, very very very small piece of uncertainty is gone...

Congratulations FC Suca for winning the cup once again!
Your team was clearly strongest and deserved the win!

Oh, and congratulations to BCLG to win the so-called 'BCLG-award' ( I think I have never called it that way...)
Your midfielders today didn't have acceptable stamina, I guess...

socralynnek
14-03-2007, 00:51
Scrap that last thought, Codrutul had less confusion in the second half which might explain the big difference in posession, or not?

BCLG100
14-03-2007, 03:26
ynnek the day i play this knowing fully wtf im doing will be a sad day for us all so dont worry about it :)

yndy
14-03-2007, 14:24
Guys I appologize for forfaiting the last round of the Cup, basically one of my other federations was challenged and I was summoned to defend it's honour.

I play against a div II team. I doubt I can do much but apparently I am one of the best teams in the fed.

socralynnek
15-03-2007, 03:13
Results, standings and fixtures for the next week, the final week posted.

Gold is gone. But there are a few teams left with chances for the other medals.

I am facing akots once again. I have looked into supporterstats. This is the eighth game between chemists and Elm (not totally sure if all were in the CDZ Cup, but most)
So, the chemists are the team, I have played the most friendlies against!
(followed by the Marauders and Shabba FC with six)