PDA

View Full Version : Site Feedback

Melifluous
13-11-2006, 17:27
So I thought I'd start a Site Feedback thread in the Site Feedback forum.

What's it for I hear you ask (I have good hearing, and yes Mistfit I know that not what you just said, but I can't print that here, not even on our own forums you naughty boy).

Well. I thought I'd have a laugh and ask you guys what you would like to see in this forum/main page.

So answer/suggestions/proposals of marraige in the boxes below please!

[meli]

PS. And if you're really lucky/it looks easy/I'm bored then some of them might actually happen!!!1one!eleven!

Kemal
13-11-2006, 17:39
Well.. if something could be done about the active topics bug that would be great.

Probably not triggering much laughs on your side, this request... but it would be a good improvement nonetheless.

Socrates
13-11-2006, 17:44
Not sure it fits your inquiry, but...

- CDZ as a vBulletin forum !!! With the latest version. :) And with data transfer if possible, otherwise start from scratch.
- I don't think we need a main page, really. We'll stay a rather small community (if we keep the same topics, ie. Civ & PBEM, Internet gaming, friends who meet in RL...), and so I don't see the purpose of a main page. If we move to vBulletin, then we don't need one IMHO. Also it seems there are a lot of weird and old links on that main page, which we don't need anymore.
- At that point, 80% of our problems should be solved ! [goodjob]

Swingue
13-11-2006, 17:46
Not a marriage proposal, but I bought a house just 2 hours ago.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSS

akots
13-11-2006, 18:14
Actually, unlike krys, I find the forum software is quite nice compared to VB3+ despite being old and glitchy. One thing is the attachment size because this 200K limit is very confusing.

As of about main page, it would have been nice to have some occasional news there about the activity on the forum as well including HT part and other stuff. Like who started which game and where the thread is. Or like when there were news about that book Soren was writing or publishing, whatever, and may be a nice logo. And dead links to be fixed or deleted.

Just of note, last news is July 31st, fortunately of this year. Yet, it is a pretty old news however.

socralynnek
13-11-2006, 18:34
Who can alter the main page?
I think we all should write some occasional stuff there...

BCLG100
13-11-2006, 19:31
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

lol thats just asking for trouble

'main announcment-WHOMP IS BALD'

BCLG100
13-11-2006, 19:35
also after quoting ynnek-that whole bug where if you quote someone you get taken back to the main forum page-its just annoying.

Shabbaman
13-11-2006, 20:02

I've made a "front page news" thread some time ago, but no one was interested at the time. Feel free to dig it up, I'll post any suitable (!) item.

grahamiam
13-11-2006, 20:34
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

lol thats just asking for trouble

'main announcment-WHOMP IS BALD'

actually, personal nonsense mixed in with forum news would be pretty funny :)

imho, the forum looks nice, but I really dislike the PM system. Specifically:
- when replying to a specific PM, you cannot add another member's name to recieve the message.
- when forwarding a PM, I always get some wierd error

General comments:
- 200kb limit is annoying.
- loading times seem to vary a lot (both daily and hourly)

grahamiam
13-11-2006, 20:36
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

also after quoting ynnek-that whole bug where if you quote someone you get taken back to the main forum page-its just annoying.

testing

edit: I get a "Thank you for posting" screen, and then it takes me back to the thread [dunno]

BCLG100
13-11-2006, 20:59
oh guess its just me but everytime i quote or edit a post i get taken to the main forum page.

Socrates
13-11-2006, 21:41
I could list many problems and annoyances with this bulletin software, but many of them would be gone with vBulletin. So that would lead to useless effort if we decided to move someday.

Maybe something to talk to in 's Gravenhage ? (hope I'll be there)

Pastorius
14-11-2006, 11:28
mainpage wikipedia style.

We are anarcho-syndicalist movement, no?

Then (under the honor-code we usually abide with) let us all maintain the front page [mischief]

Well, the mischievous smiley is not to be interpreted as an unserious suggestion.

And I suppose VB is better than snitz to incorporate that...

Whomp
14-11-2006, 16:33
I garee. Personal stuff like Stapel's urinor and the Killer dictionary should be put on the main page along with all the other civ/travian/hattrick stuff.