PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 13

Socrates
12-11-2006, 00:36
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Olympus Mons Temple saw a crowd turnout of 9847. Olympic tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. Lineup: Dartois - Cussac, Lenoir, Mouysset, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Boissonneault, Daucher, Bach - Raud.

Piedicroce tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Fossy - Cauet, Olry, Fabian, Paris - Simon, Bodineau, Lebreton, Soriano - Costerin, Châtelard.

Piedicroce tried to focus their attacks down the middle. The 17th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a breaking through on the left. Scorer for Olympic was Yvan Bach. Olympic's Laurent Macrez was shown a yellow card after 32 minutes for slicing down an opponent. After 37 minutes, Piedicroce's Nicolas Soriano fell awkwardly, but was determined to stay in the match. Olympic's Thomas Plançon scored the 2 - 0 goal by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent keeper no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. 2 - 0 was the score after the first half. Olympic, bringing their ball possession to 76 percent, dominated the battle.

Olympic's Franz-Josef Daucher struck his penalty well enough to beat the goalkeeper and extend the home team's lead to 3 - 0 after 56 minutes. Franz-Josef Daucher gave Olympic supporters even more to cheer about when he increased the lead to 4 - 0 after 67 minutes, following a good exchange of passes on the right that the away team failed to deal with. Confident in their lead, Olympic decided to play a more defensive game at this point. The referee showed Olympic's Thomas Plançon the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Olympic were given a penalty in the 76th minute - neatly put away by Franz-Josef Daucher. 5 - 0 for the home side. By then Franz-Josef Daucher was a three time scorer - a hat trick! In the 78th minute Olympic's Hilaire Raud viciously shoved another player from behind while going for a loose ball and was sent off the pitch with a red card. Olympic managed to extend their lead to 6 - 0 when Jean Marouby cut in neatly from the left side and struck a fine shot past the away team's goalkeeper. Olympic dictated play, as they maintained 88 percent of possession.

Most important Olympic player was Laurent Macrez. Franz-Josef Daucher turned in a dismal performance, however. Piedicroce's best player was Ludovic Châtelard. Jérémy Fossy turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 6 - 0.
[goodjob] Best score ever, at last a hat trick from my SP man (just 1 goal behind the leading scorer in the league !), confidence and team spirit are high... Damnit, I got a red card, but nevermind.

Onto the last match, against the leader. I wanna make him lose for the first time this season, before he leaves us (if only I could).

arne1
12-11-2006, 23:34
won 3-2 against the non-bot relegater. I am 3th again and am certain of ending up 4th. las match away against number 5. whcih I need to win to become 3th, number 4 is playing the bot.

akots
13-11-2006, 04:34
I even don't know how my match had ended, they shut the server down 15 minutes before the end. [lol]

BCLG100
13-11-2006, 05:52
2-2 home draw with the team 2 places above me in the league- no injuries so not bad in all :)

sz_matyas
13-11-2006, 07:08
Don't know how my game ended either, as they shut me down at the half. One thing I did notice was that in the three games I checked in my league at the half, there were a total of 3 chances combined, with 1 goal scored. Average game in my league has 6 goals, so I'm wondering if the match odds were affected somehow or everyone just was having bad luck in getting chances.

akots
13-11-2006, 08:44
I'm not sure actually at all about what was going on recently with hattrick. I've been training General (form) for the past 2 weeks but both my keeper trainees had popped a level and it seems that I got both general training (form for team went up from 5.3 to 6.0) and keeper training. It is not osmosis sort of training, since one of the trainees was half-way to the next level and another was like 0.6-0.7 way up there. [confused]

I have not reported this yet since it was not clear what is actually going on.

Kingreno
13-11-2006, 08:56
General also trains Goalkeeping at 1/4th speed of normal.

PS: do NOT train general...

akots
13-11-2006, 09:03
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I just gave up. It were either train general or quit hattrick all together. At one time I had 3 IM magnificient, formidable and brilliant and each of them barely made 2.5-3 stars being in weak-poor form. That was before all critical matches. IMHO, 2 weeks don't make any difference here. And I still need another week to be able to retain a reasonable position in the league.

But good to know GK training is still happening.

I plan to switch training completely (probably to playmaking of wingers or winger skill of IMs) during the next season. So, no big loss in any case since I won't be able to pop up the keepers I have now to the end of season. Yet they both popped, so it is OK.

Kemal
13-11-2006, 09:20
I won 1-6 vs the nr.7 in the league in his must-win-match, which sees him demoted and me jumping to 2nd place with a theoretic shot at the title still possible. However, there is a good possibility I will finish 3rd instead, but I'm content with avoiding any relegation playoffs this year.

Dell19
13-11-2006, 11:09
I won 6-1 and was pretty lucky as a draw or a 2-1 victory would have been more realistic. Title decider next weekend.

Melifluous
13-11-2006, 11:53
I lost 0-1 at home.

No biggy I'm still 6th which is nice and my final game is against the last place guy.

I need a win to make sure I stay 6th, a draw will do if the 7th place guy doesn't win his game.

Getting close, not sure if I wanna stay in this league or not though [hmm]

[meli]

tofra
13-11-2006, 11:55
I won with 2-0. This means my changes to stay in the 7th league are hugh.. The only thing I should do is not losing my last game with more then 4 or 5 goals.. Then I'll stay in this league because my goal diff is better..

Tubby Rower
13-11-2006, 12:26
I wasn't able to see my match since they are moving the servers :(

yndy
13-11-2006, 15:32
I won 6-2 in an away game and I consolidated my lead. I'm sure to ge the title this seson, but I'm not sure if I promote or not. Last game is not easy at all, one od the only 2 teams that have managed to defeat me this season, and lately he has strengthened his team with a magical playmaker.

Swingue
13-11-2006, 17:45
i lost, like expexted, last game has no value

socralynnek
13-11-2006, 17:57
Lost 4-1 MOTSing dropping to place 5 sadly.

barbu1977
13-11-2006, 19:36
quote:Originally posted by akots

quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I just gave up. It were either train general or quit hattrick all together. At one time I had 3 IM magnificient, formidable and brilliant and each of them barely made 2.5-3 stars being in weak-poor form. That was before all critical matches. IMHO, 2 weeks don't make any difference here. And I still need another week to be able to retain a reasonable position in the league.

But good to know GK training is still happening.

I plan to switch training completely (probably to playmaking of wingers or winger skill of IMs) during the next season. So, no big loss in any case since I won't be able to pop up the keepers I have now to the end of season. Yet they both popped, so it is OK.

IMHO, 1 or 2 weeks of general training is good for keeper trainers since they do not have as many assistant coaches to keep the form up as the other trainers. This explains why keepers keep training on general training.

sz_matyas
14-11-2006, 15:58
Well, hattrick is back up and the results from my league are really screwy at best. I had a 0-0 draw against a team HO says I shouldn't win by less than 3 goals (of the 101,000 simulations had 57 draws all 1-1). The top team in the league, who had won every game at least 5-0 and at least 7-0 against the bottom half of the league only won 2-0 gaving fewer chances than his opponent (despite an average posession of 87%). One game went 5-2, with the team getting 5 goals having scored 13 all season (no player additions, in fact he had some injured players, so even less reason to score)

To top it off my GK trainee got hurt. I'd probably be more upset, except aside from my cup ranking this doesn't affect me at all. Just truly bizzare.

Tubby Rower
14-11-2006, 16:13
hmm.. the old IP address doesn't work and Tomatrick can't connect. :( Could anyone let me know how I did?

Kemal
14-11-2006, 16:21
A clean 4-0 win for Tubby.

quote:
Clouds darkened the skies at Three-Mile Island as 12000 spectators turned up for the match. Meltdown tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. They fielded: Popa - Dow, Palacios, Zarev - Fleming, Linehan, Cruz, Brunelli - Milenkov, Carmo, Gheorghe.

Crobin decided to use a 4-3-3 set up. Lineup: Matveykin - Potulak, Hurd, Baše, Hommel - Bozerk, Prístupník, Gentile - Crain, Swain, Preda.

Dimitar Milenkov gave his Meltdown the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. After 23 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Dorel Gheorghe might have resulted in another goal for Meltdown. However, Valentin Matveykin made a spectacular save. Crobin often look to exploit their counterattacking skills, unfortunately, Richie Crain's shot sailed wide on the right. With 29 minutes played, Dimitar Milenkov could have brought this one home for Meltdown as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. Dorel Gheorghe had a fantastic opportunity to put Meltdown up another goal in the 33rd minute, but he fired just over the crossbar. It was 1 - 0 at the break. Meltdown, bringing their ball possession to 85 percent, dominated the battle.

Cheers filled the stadium as Dimitar Milenkov broke through the visitors' central defense line to put away the 2 - 0 goal for Meltdown. Meltdown's Adriano Brunelli saw his fine effort strike the top of the bar following some good work up the middle by his teammates in the 61st minute. Meltdown's Adriano Brunelli scored the 3 - 0 goal by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent keeper no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. After this, Meltdown lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. A speedy charge from the left side of the field increased Meltdown's lead to 4 - 0 as Marcelo Carmo finished it off competently, firing from an acute angle. Crobin's Richie Crain was shown a yellow card after 82 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Crobin's Columbus Hurd refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 83rd minute. Meltdown held the ball, with a clear 94 percent of possession.

Most important Meltdown player was Matei Popa. On the other hand, Marcelo Carmo's play was disheartening. Columbus Hurd performed admirably for Crobin. On the other hand, Bystrík Prístupník's play was disheartening. The match ends 4 - 0.

Tubby Rower
14-11-2006, 16:24
thanks Kemal

barbu1977
14-11-2006, 16:38
The new IP is

I also lost a weird game with 60% ball possession and better rating at every position.

Darth Pugwash
15-11-2006, 00:12
My internet connection has been down since some time on Saturday until just now, so I have only just found out my result:

5-1 victory! :D

Aggie
15-11-2006, 07:38
My first draw in an away match vs the nr 2 (2-2). This ends my series of 14 victories. My top scorer managed to score another one and he's now 5 goals ahead. That said, I have seen his competitor score 5 in one match once before...