PDA

View Full Version : Server move

Dell19
06-11-2006, 17:29
quote:06/11/2006 Server move causing downtime
On Monday the 13th of November Hattrick will be literally on the road. We are moving part of our server installation to a second data center in order to improve our availability in the future.

This is a major operation and Hattrick will be down from Monday, November 13, 02.00 HT-time to Tuesday, November 14, 17.00 HT-time. If everything goes smoothly Hattrick may come online earlier than that.

As it is impossible to know exactly how much time something like this takes, there is also a risk that it will take more time than planned. Please take this into consideration when planning match orders, transfer activities, etc. Just to be safe, assume that the site will not come online in time for the mid-week matches.

Sounds like a good idea to arrange friendlies as early as possible. I will want to arrange my friendly by friday otherwise I will probably accept a random friendly to be safe.

socralynnek
06-11-2006, 17:33
It was already posted in the cup thread...but you are right, it deserves a thread of its own.

One small tip: If you don't know whether you are onnline or not after your friendly is arranged, but you are sure your opponent accepts, then set up the league match in advance and make the freindly lineup as default lineup. That way you don't have to be online after the arrangement to get the correct lineup, but it won't help you if your opponent doesn't accept.