PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Pitboss - Spoiler

Matrix
28-10-2006, 22:04
http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/CDZ01.jpg

http://www.straland.com/images/cdz/CDZ02.jpg

Sorry for not keeping up a spoiler for this one until now. But just as I didn't take the time to make a spoiler here, I didn't really take the time to invest in this game. The result: no friends.

I came to the conclusion quite early that IglooDude's only route for expansion is through me. So I didn't make any trouble making him a friend. I wanted him out of the way as eager and as soon as I'm sure he wanted me out of the way. But...in the mean time I should at least try and make sure Tubby Rower, Darkness, BCLG100 and Robboo wouldn't go hostile on me. When I thought I was ready to launch an attack in IglooDude, he ruthlessly crushed my stack of War Chariots. At that point Darkness and Tubby Rower moved their units onto me. But their first wave was uncoordinated and I was able to keep them on a distance.

Then from out of the blue BCLG100 offered to help me and said he'd try and make Robboo help as well (successfully). Why? I don't know. Especially since he already made clear to me he was rather displeased for the fact that Tundra, ocean, Robboo and myself are locking him in. The deal is: he'll help me out, and in return, when at least IglooDude is out of the way, he gets Custa City. Why doesn't he simply attack me too and grab Custa City himself? Would save him a lot of effort. Perhaps he's scared that Darkness and/or IglooDude and/or Tubby Rower become too powerful. After all, once our job is done, I still won't be that powerful.

Anyway, later on IglooDude was able to capture Goon after all (now renamed to Inner Mongolia). Then he moved on to Strastad and that became pretty hairy. But since war chariot are so damn cheap I was able to pop one out of Strastad every second turn! Plus the phalanx BLCG100 gifted to me (just in time!) made IglooDude decide not to attack. And now that Robboo attacked Tubby Rower, his only horse archer still stalking me retreated. Where at first I saw my own destruction before me, it suddenly seems chances are even. :)

BCLG100 said he's working on getting another ally, but he doesn't want to say who. Don't know why though.

Finally: RegentMan, IglooDude and me are quite far behind on technology. I just gave RegentMan the three techs he didn't have, so that we are even and we can get our tech level up together.

digger760
31-10-2006, 11:32
Sounds like an interesting game.

Matrix
31-10-2006, 14:04
I've got an enormous force in Strastad and IglooDude & Darkness have got an enormous force next to Strastad. To avoid a Pyrrus victory, IglooDude, Darkness and Tubby Rower offered peace, which I accepted.

I don't know why they did that. The chances were in their advantage. If they'd capture/destroy Strastad my game would be over.

Matrix
10-11-2006, 02:02
Well, my situation isn't very promising, but it seems I'm about to get Goon back. I moved my entire (big) force to Goon and said I want Goon, gifted or conquered.

Darkness said he'll attack me again if I'd declare war on IglooDude. I then sent this message to IglooDude:
quote:I just wanted to let you know that if Tubby Rower and Darkness declare war on me again, I will march on through Mongolia until nothing is left. I'll play on with your piece of land if necessary, no matter that happens in Straland. So if you don't want to loose more than Goon, you'd better let Darkness and Tubby Rower stay in the homes.
His reply: a mere "Understood." :D

Of course I haven't made a lot of friends. But I'm cool if I have Goon back. I can't wish for any more.

digger760
10-11-2006, 11:41
where is goon, its not on the above pic

Kemal
10-11-2006, 12:59
It was renamed to Inner Mongolia after its fall (post 1). :)