PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 10

cerebus
22-10-2006, 03:25
quote:It was an exceptionally sunny day for the crowd of 10392 that came out to Olympus Mons Temple. Olympic tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Dartois - Cussac, Lenoir, Mouysset, Plançon - Macrez, Laymani, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Raud.

A 3-5-2 alignment was the formation of choice for Corsica. Lineup: Ferrier - Aguiló, Fernández-Cuesta, Irazola - Barykin, Alcazar Yunta, Monteiro, Labán, Parreira - Roig Molés, Jouanne.

Olympic saw most attack opportunites on the wings. The wings were the focus of most of Corsica's attacks on this day. What ever got into Victor Cussac, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through his own defense - ending up right in front of Corsica's Vincent Jouanne, who easily put the ball away for 0-1 in the 6th minute. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Corsica's Alexey Barykin a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 9th minute. Unfortunately for Olympic, Thierno Faye was injured when the game became more physical, and he had to leave the field. Raymond Benedetti replaced him. In the 15th minute, the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Vincent Jouanne finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Corsica's Jesús Irazola a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 27th minute. Olympic's Laurent Lenoir was shown a yellow card after 28 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Enrique Alcazar Yunta was the unlucky victim and couldn't continue the game, so Corsica's Giuseppe Bucci had to come off the bench. It was 0 - 2 at the break. Corsica, bringing their ball possession to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

The crowd groaned when Hilaire Raud, having maneuvered his way down the right, fired the ball just wide and missed a great opportunity to reduce for Olympic. Just a few inches to the right, and the visitors could have had a goal in the 48th minute. Miguel Parreira surely wishes he could do that free kick over again. The away team's Vincent Jouanne took advantage of a mistake on the home side's right in the 52nd minute increasing Corsica's lead to 0 - 3. That was his third goal of the match - a hat trick for Vincent Jouanne. Corsica will have to do without Miguel Parreira for a time, due to a bad foot injury at the 65 minute mark. He was substituted by Lucien Becker. The referee showed Olympic's Jean-Lou Mouysset the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The game was a stalemate so far, with possession split evenly between the teams.

Olympic's top performer was clearly Laurent Macrez. However, Daoud Laymani made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Corsica player was without a doubt Alexey Barykin. However, Jerónimo Labán made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 3.
Sport : Don't really care, but still, too bad. My opponent is the only supporter in my league and is always bragging about his team in notes he writes down. So I figured out I'd try to beat him so that he stopped celebrating his team of his. :D I MOTSed it but lost nonetheless... after losing my 2 best IMs. Too bad my goal can't stop those shots, by I guess he also needs a better defense...

Money : [eek] [eek] [eek] I'm flabbergasted. I completely beat the hell out of my previous record in terms of attendance (I doubled it or so), and of course I have never seen so much money in one match (69,088 €). Of course the (good) level of my opponent attracted many people to the stadium, but it is also due to the rapid rise of my fanbase these days (around 11 new supporters per half-week in average these last weeks). That leads to good expectations for next season, but I shouldn't only count on that, as one good team will leave the league, and I don't know who will come down (maybe a strong team, maybe a newbie like me in summer).

Socrates
22-10-2006, 03:27
LOL, I'm cerebus now, who is that ? [lol] CDZ has been totally fucked up tonight.

Shabbaman
22-10-2006, 11:44
Very weird. That's one of the oldest accounts.

BCLG100
22-10-2006, 18:38
its still messing about now as well :(

Dell19
22-10-2006, 21:43
I won 7-2 on a PIC to maintain my charge for the title.

Darth Pugwash
22-10-2006, 21:52
Very pleased with my result today, 4-0 win on a MOTS, against my title rival. Three points ahead in first place now.

arne1
22-10-2006, 22:58
won 4-1 versus (former) number 3 and took his place. 3th place is now possible. 2nd with incredible amount of luck and relegation has been avoided. And I had a full house!

Kemal
22-10-2006, 23:53
Took a huge step towards staying in the league by beating a direct rival for the playoff-places 0-4! :D

And finally no injury for me during a match, maybe I can start firing doctors again after next wednesday. [yeah]

quote:
Clouds darkened the skies at Murray Field as 49226 spectators turned up for the match. kiwi's decided to use a 4-4-2 set up. The following players had been chosen: Wiertz - van der Stoop, Pical, Geerarts, Wilnis - Osinga, Noordam, Philips, Kuysterman - Haasnoot, Beer.

Snaken decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. The following players had been chosen: Mi³ek - Suárez, Balyon, Ferrari - Dias, Broertjes, Geiger, Castro, Veraar - Billand, Kronskär.

kiwi's seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Snaken clearly preferred using their ability to attack in the middle. After 26 minutes Peter Billand made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Per Kronskär who shuffled it past the keeper. The score was now 0 - 1. Snaken's Agapito Suárez received a play slashing through the home side's defense in the 27th minute, and chipped it past the keeper to score the 0 - 2 goal. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The home side worked their way through the middle and almost got one back when Paulo Beer tried to sneak the ball past the keeper. Stanis³aw Mi³ek was too alert for that! Agapito Suárez sent the corner kick right to Johann Geiger who headed it sharply past the keeper. 0-3! At this point in the game, defending their lead became the main priority for Snaken. Humberto Dias came close to extending the visitors' lead when he found himself completely unmarked in front of the goal and lifted a ball over Ewold Wiertz, but it was a little too high and hit the bar. Christophe Osinga challenged the visitors' central defense eagerly, producing a good chance in the 40th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But, as so many times before, the guests' defensive efforts got the best of it. Stan Ackerman was called on to replace kiwi's's Christophe Osinga in the 42nd minute, after a nasty collision in the field. Halftime score was 0 - 3. This half belonged to Snaken, who controlled the ball 60 percent of the time.

In the game's 61st minute, Toni Broertjes nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, but his shot passed just over the bar. Roel Noordam missed a penalty in the 84th minute, seemingly unable to stay focused for the shot. A thrilling play through the middle in the 87th minute gave Snaken's Per Kronskär a chance to increase the lead, and he did not disappoint. The score was then 0 - 4. kiwi's's Marijn Philips got himself booked for a foul. This half belonged to Snaken, who controlled the ball 60 percent of the time.

The most dominating kiwi's player was without a doubt Paulo Beer. Stan Ackerman on the other hand, had a terrible day. Snaken's best player was Stanis³aw Mi³ek. Sergio Ferrari on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 4.

BCLG100
23-10-2006, 02:50
won 5-0

was a walkover against a bot team-ill take anything though :D back upto 4th! :D

sz_matyas
23-10-2006, 04:17
quote:
Clouds darkened the skies at Frozen Tundra Arena as 10508 spectators turned up for the match. A 3-5-2 alignment was the formation of choice for hunting_penguins. The following players had been chosen: Batalha - Mcghee, Meredith, Hultsten - Mayes, Smith, Djurhuus, Pettai, Mayolo - Villa, Vinsjö.

Kiras had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Smith - Mayes, Whalen, Houser, Torres - Powers, Alford, Keating, Gleason - Hale, Morales.

Eugene Whalen behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 31st minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. hunting_penguins's Luther Smith tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors' defenders. hunting_penguins fans held their breath as Jörn Vinsjö scampered down the left side. He successfully avoided all challenges and cracked home the go-ahead goal for 1-0! hunting_penguins's Quentin Mayes's early cross took everyone by surprise except for Jörn Vinsjö who alertly redirected the ball goalwards and past the hapless goalkeeper to make the score 2 - 0. hunting_penguins's Quentin Mayes saw his fine effort strike the top of the bar following some good work up the middle by his teammates in the 45th minute. Kiras's counterattacks created a good chance for José Gabriel Torres on the right, but he could only look on with dismay as his strike rebounded off the crossbar. It was 2 - 0 at the break. hunting_penguins, bringing their ball possession to 76 percent, dominated the battle.

Andres Pettai of hunting_penguins was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. hunting_penguins solidified their lead at the 50 minute mark, as Blair Meredith maneuvered the ball through the central line of defense and finished for 3 - 0. hunting_penguins were given a penalty in the 51st minute - neatly put away by Quentin Mayes. 4 - 0 for the home side. After this, hunting_penguins lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. In the game's 59th minute, Kiras's Conrad Mayes fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Conrad Mayes for diving. Kiras's Francis Alford got himself booked for a foul. hunting_penguins, bringing their ball possession to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important hunting_penguins player was David Batalha. William Mayolo on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Kiras player was without a doubt Ivan Gleason. Steven Keating was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 0.
Nice crowd, especially for overcast weather. Unfortunately it looks like even if the top team was replaced, I would be the only remaining opponent who could beat him (2 bots and a really bad team) and he has a significant edge in GD. I'm a solid 2nd though and even could lose 2 of 4 and stay there on GD as my competition for the spot lost 7-0.

Aggie
23-10-2006, 07:41
I won 0-10 with a PIC vs a new team. There are no bots in my league anymore. Next week I again will play a new team...

Shabbaman
23-10-2006, 08:35
I drew 1-1 away, my opponent is complaining about it. But it was my 226 hatstats v.s. his 218, and frankly, if I had dared to play with an offensive winger he'd have been kneedeep in shit.
I'm thinking about getting a winger, just to force myself to play with offensive wings. My current winger only has passable wing, but I play him towards middle because he has brilliant PM. If I get another winger I need to figure out how to increase my midfield (offensive CD, technical defending forward?).

Anyway, teams that play AIM every game shouldn't complain when they face outstanding central defense.

Oh, surprisingly I had a new star record, 56 stars. FWIW.

Kingreno
23-10-2006, 08:59
I won away 0-5. Pic vs Bot.

Darth Pugwash
23-10-2006, 11:55
I set a new AH-points record - 171 :D

Also got my highest midfield rating ever, inadequate high.

Tubby Rower
23-10-2006, 12:36
I won vs one of the 3 tough teams in my division. He beat me @ home earlier this season,, so I returned the favor with some new players :D I won 3-5 and my top scorer got a hattrick and moved to 2nd in the league's top scorers [party]

Swingue
23-10-2006, 13:21
I won, I won, I won, I won.

first points this league, vs. former number 1.
Amazing, amazing.

socralynnek
23-10-2006, 13:29
I won away 2-4 PICing vs Nr 7.
The win keeps me in the race for the title but a difficult match is coming on Saturday.