PDA

View Full Version : CDZ cup round 1

Kingreno
04-10-2006, 19:20
In a nothing but HEROIC appearance against the thugs in Pink, the Aristocats managed a 0-1 loss. The team performed above and beyond to fight off the attacks and besides a rather clear 5 and 1 percent posession, managed to keep the score down.

Kemal
04-10-2006, 19:25
I drew 3-3 vs Chimica, not bad since I'm playing without a goalkeeper these days.

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 19:51
@ Kemal, do you need a formidable one .. I could have one on the market next week. I'll put him on the TL for fairly cheap if you really need one. I thought that I was supposed to play Katanga Resistance earlier this morning, but it still doesn't start for another hour or two :(

Kemal
04-10-2006, 20:04
No thanks, I do actually have a keeper (magnificent) but I'm not fielding him in the CDZ Cup, due to injury risk, and I don't want a reserve keeper because of salary costs.

Socrates
05-10-2006, 01:18
tofra's FC Duckstad pwned me 4-1, a really deserved victory. There were so many events in the 1st half, and so few in the 2nd half, funny. Not expecting a single victory in my group anyway... [mischief]

sz_matyas
05-10-2006, 04:06
Lost a 1-3 game against the Chemists. It wouldn't have hurt quite so bad except I had a defender sent off early with a red card and that he played counter-attacks perfectly with my holding 51% possesion and him getting a goal off a CA. Still this was an expected loss and it's up to my guys to see how they bounce back for an intruiging match vs. the Crawfish.

BCLG100
05-10-2006, 04:12
lost 5-1, was winning until my keeper went and got injured :(

yndy
05-10-2006, 06:16
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

No thanks, I do actually have a keeper (magnificent) but I'm not fielding him in the CDZ Cup, due to injury risk, and I don't want a reserve keeper because of salary costs.

You do know that injury risk for keepers is significantly below that for outfielders?
Anyway, a fair result, 8 reasonable in my team vs 8 in yours. Was my first goal a long shot event? That's what I think but I haven't seen that phrase so far:
Gabi Constantin seemed to be impossibly far from the goal as he accurately knocked one in for Chimica

akots
05-10-2006, 08:24
quote:Originally posted by yndy

You do know that injury risk for keepers is significantly below that for outfielders? ...

I guess I'm beating all records this (previous) season by having almost constantly one trainee keeper injured out of three. Plus having a constant average form 5.3 which spreads specifically onto playing players while non-playing players are doing OK and even some are in solid form.

@sz_matyas: Indeed, a very strange game we played. :)

Energy
05-10-2006, 08:32
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Damn, I just gave BCLG the top position in the Injured Cup. Sorry for that, man!! [medic] If it was up to me, you would have won that 3 months already!

Kemal
05-10-2006, 08:37
@yndy: Looking at BCLG's goalie, I think I just keep on fielding that 0.5 star goalie...

Btw, 1st was a long shot indeed. Bleh. [sulk]

tofra
05-10-2006, 09:35
kryszcztov: I really don't know why my team performed that good... I fielded only my worst players, and they have the highest Hatstats rating ever in a friendly.. :-(
But, my first 3 points are in. I hope I can get as far as last year.. I ended 10th (i thought)..

Melifluous
05-10-2006, 09:52
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

the thugs in Pink

Interesting description. At least I didn't park the tour bus in the goal line. Aristocats? Scaredy Cats more like...

99% possession in the 2nd half was cool and a very serious contender in my division is defeated!

Next!

[meli]

Socrates
05-10-2006, 13:22
quote:Originally posted by tofra

kryszcztov: I really don't know why my team performed that good... I fielded only my worst players, and they have the highest Hatstats rating ever in a friendly.. :-(

Scary to hear that. I wouldn't challenge you in your league then, if we could do that.

During the 2nd half of Kingreno's match, he held the ball during... 27 seconds total. [thumbsup] I believe that the time for throws and goal kicks is factored in. [lol]

Tubby Rower
05-10-2006, 13:35
that's freaking scary...

my bout with Kantaga Resistance was futile. I scored first but then just sat back and watched him have numerous chances and 4 goals :( I think that the income wasn't too bad though :D

Dell19
05-10-2006, 17:29
Apparently I won a walkover against Suca although I arranged another friendly. I have a feeling that the walkover is meant to be in favour of Suca or at least a 0-0 draw rather than giving me 3 points since I was unaware the cup had started.

Kemal
05-10-2006, 18:18
Well... technically, for you the cup hadn't started. There never was a game for you to arrange so it defaulted to a 5-0 win, which is what has always happened when opponents were still in the national cup.

However, it is a nice gesture to come forward with this solution... I don't see any necessity in it, but at your specific request, and if Suca agrees, a 0-0 is fine too, if that makes you feel better. :)

Kingreno
05-10-2006, 19:20
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

During the 2nd half of Kingreno's match, he held the ball during... 27 seconds total. [thumbsup] I believe that the time for throws and goal kicks is factored in. [lol]

With the damage done to my first team, my second team is even worse. It is made up by people that have passable defending, are 17/19 years old and are there to keep their form up. Oh, and the odd daytrader is playing as well. What I'd like to add that they are very, very scared of teh ball as well.

Dell19
06-10-2006, 00:17
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Well... technically, for you the cup hadn't started. There never was a game for you to arrange so it defaulted to a 5-0 win, which is what has always happened when opponents were still in the national cup.

However, it is a nice gesture to come forward with this solution... I don't see any necessity in it, but at your specific request, and if Suca agrees, a 0-0 is fine too, if that makes you feel better. :)

Ah forgot about the cup. I think the 0-0 is fairer and that way it doesn't look like Suca lost which would have been unlikely.

BCLG100
06-10-2006, 02:10
quote:Originally posted by Energy

Damn, I just gave BCLG the top position in the Injured Cup. Sorry for that, man!! [medic] If it was up to me, you would have won that 3 months already!

no worries, swings and roundabouts really :)

Energy
06-10-2006, 08:26

Ooh, it's all Swingue's fault. Then I'm relieved!

arne1
07-10-2006, 02:38
quote:Originally posted by Energy

Ooh, it's all Swingue's fault. Then I'm relieved!

Oh Please no not Swingue's fault we already arranged our friendly.

English_brit
09-10-2006, 20:26
I just hope I can still qualify for the top tier of the Cup after giving away a walkover in my first game of the tournament.

I defo need to beat Chima tomorrow.

yndy
09-10-2006, 21:50
Our game is only Wednesday. I'll try to put up a fight.