PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 7

Socrates
30-09-2006, 23:39
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Bouledogue Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2377. All of Paris was shut down for the day, as fans of both clubs came to the derby. PSGCool tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players took the field: Franco - Arnold, Diakhate, Cantarini, Kamara - Smolek, Duquesnoy, Lhermite, Naudin - Kerloch, Igüarán.

Olympic had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Dartois - Mouysset, Lenoir, Cussac, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Raud.

It was an obvious ambition of Olympic to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. In the game's 23rd minute, Yvan Bach almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. In the 24th minute, Olympic nearly took the lead, as Yvan Bach broke through on the right. Alberto Franco made the save, however. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed PSGCool's Stelvio Cantarini a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 25th minute. 35 minutes into the game Olympic managed a counterattack, but Laurent Macrez took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Olympic dictated play, as they maintained 63 percent of possession.

Franz-Josef Daucher of Olympic received a yellow card in the 73rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. PSGCool had to make a substitution in the 79th minute. Jean-Philippe Arnold limped off the field and was replaced by David Fabre. Olympic had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team's goaltender Alberto Franco saved Jean Marouby's shot that was headed for the top corner. Laurent Lenoir of Olympic received a yellow card in the 81st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the game's 86th minute Olympic's Victor Cussac limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Olympic held the ball, with a clear 79 percent of possession.

The most dominating PSGCool player was without a doubt Óscar Javier Igüarán. However, Florian Naudin made a disastrous appearance. Olympic's top performer was clearly Laurent Macrez. Franz-Josef Daucher on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 0.
Frustrating match, very frustrating... :( But why should I care about performance, since I'll be in the same division next year ? No (real) injury and training for my GK is all I need. [goodjob] Mission accomplished ! As for top scorer, forget it...

bed_head7
01-10-2006, 09:04
Why frustrating? Playing a 4-5-1 with defensive wingbacks is essentially playing for a tie. While you probably should have won, since you dominated chances, you didn't set yourself up to score very well. If I knew I was going to be winning midfield by that margin, I would have played a 3-5-2 at the very least, as most of your attacks are in the center and a 4-5-1 does not generate a central attack unless your forward is really strong. I would also have probably played offensive wingbacks, in order to generate stronger wing attacks and help score.

Kingreno
01-10-2006, 09:55
I agree. I played a lot of 4-5-1 as well and usually ended up with decent posession, Overwhelming defence and a very poor attack rating in particular in the middle. What did help was play attack on wings, and play the one forward towards wing. That would normally get something like inad-wretched-passable. The downside is that your smarter opponents will "guess" your tactic and emphasize their defence on their wings.

Socrates
01-10-2006, 13:48
Why, frustrating, because I didn't even get a SP event. :( I don't put a guy in disastrous form as IM just for fun... I followed what ABC Hattrick says on the matter, when facing a 4-4-2. I guess I'll put my WBs on offense next time (next week), as well as my 2nd CD on offense too. As for the forward going on the wing, this stupid HO is broken for that ability, so I never know when it's worth it.

Kingreno
01-10-2006, 14:41
HO is not always right so you should also get a feeling for your line up without using it.
Forward To wing (FTW) with 4-5-1 is almost a natural option. This is because the difference between a Disastrous or a wretched Central Attack is not that big, especially versus 4-4-2 with in general a decent Central defence.
Offensive Wingbacks. Well...this is debatable. IMHO this will sacrifice a lot of defence for mostly a minor addition to a wing attack. I am presuming you do not have excellent+ wingers. It is a waste to put say a passable defender with inad winger on offense! Instead, play him as normal (or defensive against an opponent with strong wing). If you do not expect any opposition on a specific wing you'd be better off playing the Wing Back towards middle or even as an extra central defender.

Kemal
01-10-2006, 15:24
Debatable indeed, because I have to disagree with you there KR. If you get the midfield with 70+% margins, playing a wingback offensive would imho be a superior choice to any of the other options, even if he had only poor or weak winger and formidable defense (unless playing vs CA of course).

No point strengthening ratings you're not using anyway.

Kingreno
01-10-2006, 18:22
Oh yes, when you get over 60%-65% then it is a good idea! I was basing my view on 50-50.[blush]

Shabbaman
01-10-2006, 22:37
I won: 88% possession, 1 goal. My attack sucks, a forward trainer unworthy. So, 3 points for me, but the owner hasn't logged in since the 18th. My bet is that it's going to be a WO team for the rest of the season. Because my direct opponent for relegation also won, this win doesn't gain me much.

Really, lucky bastard. His opponent UNDERESTIMATED him. Grrr.

Some stats: 55 stars with 222 hatstats while piccing.

arne1
01-10-2006, 23:33
I lost again. It no longer is a novel feeling. 2-1 away with mots at the the league leader. Motsed, because I have four games in a row that I will not be able to win or will win even with pic and since my best midfielder just popped to world-class and is going to be sold after the coming stamina training, it was alos the last chanc to win with a mots. I scroed in the 8th, he scored in the 80th and 82nd minute.
On the bright side I will have a couple of million to strengthen my defence for coming season.

Mistfit
02-10-2006, 02:52
Well I finished 0-0 against the #1 team in my series so I count that as a bonus as it was a sell out crowd. Next week I will likely lose so I will PiC.. I think :D

barbu1977
02-10-2006, 03:21
A 0-1 loss, this means I have very little chance to win the title. A bit dissapointing.

BCLG100
02-10-2006, 03:52
quote:The crowd of 9480 turning up at The Shagpad today were greeted with some nasty showers of rain. United tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Starters: Casbarro - Pascoe, Neumann, Narang - Jackson, Drietelaar, Vaher, Locke - Maguire, Eggen, Cowan.

Baddow decided to use a 3-4-3 set up. The following players took the field: Skottlund - Voolaid, Bladell, Jespersen - Álvarez, Bäckstedt, Crawford, Eckander - Boboc, Faudon, Velcea.

In the 7th minute, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Jonatan Bäckstedt put the ball away for 0 - 1. A thrilling play through the middle in the 21st minute gave Baddow's Ulrik B. Eckander a chance to increase the lead, and he did not disappoint. The score was then 0 - 2. The structure of the game started to change as Baddow decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A thrilling play through the middle in the 25th minute gave Baddow's Jonatan Bäckstedt a chance to increase the lead, and he did not disappoint. The score was then 0 - 3. Had it not been for one of the home defenders, Gheorghe Boboc would have put Baddow up another goal in the 30th minute. The referee showed United's Ayodhana Narang the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for the halftime break at 0 - 3. Baddow, bringing their ball possession to 77 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 55th minute, Baddow worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to Baddow's lead, but somehow didn't achieve closure. Robin Velcea increased Baddow's lead to 0 - 4 with a superb free kick strike that flew in just under the far top corner. Baddow increased the lead to 0 - 5 as Robin Velcea scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. There was concern in the stands when, at the 82 minute mark, United's Ayodhana Narang hit the ground hard, but he refused the attention of the trainer and rejoined his teammates on the pitch. It was a bad day for the usually speedy Matt Neumann. The mud seemed to be slowing him down. In the 85th minute, Baddow worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to Baddow's lead, but somehow didn't achieve closure. In the 86th minute, Baddow's Jonatan Bäckstedt received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Baddow, bringing their ball possession to 85 percent, dominated the battle.

United's top performer was clearly Andy Cowan. Matt Neumann on the other hand, had a terrible day. Baddow's top performer was clearly Jonatan Bäckstedt. On the other hand, Kevin Crawford's play was disheartening. The match ends 0 - 5.

woop a hammering for me, ahwell they are the best by far in the league and im still 4th!

Robboo
02-10-2006, 03:55
3-4 loss....

Beat him in mid filed, had it 2-0 adn the game says...Crawfish decide to sit back adn play defensive, next thing I know its 2-3. I play him away next week and I had planned to MOTS if I won. Now I may just play normal and press. I need to take these 2 games from him in order to have a chance at second. Now Since I will defending third in stead of playign for second...I am likley to save the MOTS for later.

Aggie
02-10-2006, 07:24
I won 3-0 vs the nr 2 Susteren United with a full stadium (12.000). A first :)

These are the standings in the league now.

1. Lucky Aggie****** 7 38 - 3 21
2. flesje spa******* 7 22 - 7 16

3. Susteren United** 7 32 - 7 15
4. De sjo-sjo's***** 7 16 - 12 13
5. RBC Utrecht****** 7 *8 - 18 7
6. fc holleeder***** 7 *5 - 25 6

7. Franke's Boys**** 7 *5 - 21 4
8. OSC '45********** 7 *2 - 35 0

I will MOTS next game (because I want to win the 2nd game vs the 2nd best team as well) and PIC the three after that. I then hope that flesje spa, de sjo sjo's and susteren steal points from each other, allowing me to cruise to the championship!

Oh and this is the top-scorer table:

1. Gerard Kerdijk***********Lucky Aggie***** 12
2. Tim Meyer-Heinzendorf****Lucky Aggie***** 6
3. Kit Zuijderwijk**********Susteren United* 5
4. Leon Luca Ruks***********Lucky Aggie***** 5
5. Ferdinand Snip***********flesje spa****** 4
6. Peter Stjernling*********Susteren United* 4
7. Menno Hoepmans***********Susteren United* 4
8. Mattias Liljenholt*******flesje spa****** 4
9. Daniel Davis*************Lucky Aggie***** 4
10. Louis van Ekelenburg****Lucky Aggie***** 4

Kingreno
02-10-2006, 09:05
Muhahah, In got a point!!! I frustrated the league leaders and last years champs by pressing with 5-4-1 all defence in the middle (Supernatural). He played the expected AIM. What an ass.

Melifluous
02-10-2006, 11:43
I managed a 1-0 win at home against the league leaders whilst PIC'ing...

My first win this season. I dont get it [???]

Nevermind 3 points are 3 points.

Turns out he PIC'ed whilst pressing ??? Strange man.

[meli]

Kemal
02-10-2006, 11:45
I lost 4-5 in a must win vs an AO-team, despite clearly having the better chance to win. Surviving this season has just become a lot more difficult... :(

Darth Pugwash
02-10-2006, 11:47
I won 1-4

A surprise result elsewhere in the league means that I am back on level points with the leader (2nd on goal difference), which is a great boost to my title campaign

Tubby Rower
02-10-2006, 13:40
I won 0-5 with one guy scoring 4 of the 5 goals and my new winger getting 2 yellows on top of the 1 yellow that he brought into the game [>:(]. my supporters are now high on life and I have 805 of them [dance]

sz_matyas
02-10-2006, 18:13
I won 0-8 while PiCing against the last place team. Amazingly my team spirit went from satisfied to satisfied, which was a major disappointment. Can't figure out what I have to do to get my suporters high on life, but at least I'm pushing 460 of them.

I only have one competetive game left to keep me from finishing 2nd in the division with a crushing loss to the division leader and five easy victories ahead for the 2nd half of the season.

Swingue
02-10-2006, 21:33
lost again :( which means 0 points out of 7 games.
Not looking too good

bed_head7
02-10-2006, 23:10
sz, did you check your TS before and after the match? If it was at satisfied after last week's game, it then fell towards composed all week, so you probably went in to the match with some sublevel of composed TS.

Dell19
03-10-2006, 12:08
I lost 3-1 because my opponent won midfield.

Energy
03-10-2006, 15:20
I made 3-3 against the current number one. Next game will be the home match for me.

yndy
04-10-2006, 06:48
I won 5-1 against the only girl in my series. It's my first victory in 5 matches with her and I'm pretty happy, now I'm planning a surprise for her in the next match. Since I changed my tactics completly and now really do my best to win as many points as possible, my situation improved, I'm now 2nd in the league at goal difference but it's a very disputed season, I might only get 5th position even if I do get the best out of my team. On the bright side, I might maintain my current rank.