PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 6

Socrates
24-09-2006, 04:04
Meh, I'm opening this week's thread as well. You may want to change countries if you don't like it. ;)

quote:3548 spectators had come to Olympus Mons Temple this cloudy day. All of Paris was shut down for the day, as fans of both clubs came to the derby. Olympic (1) tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. The following players had been chosen: Dartois - Mouysset, Lenoir, Cussac, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Raud.

Olympic (2) tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Violet - Benmbarek, Théréau, Vincent, Vial - Mathevet, Giljean, Thomazeau, Bohlund - Abenhaim, Grenier.

The wings were the focus of most of Olympic (1)'s attacks on this day. 10 minutes into the game Olympic (2) managed a counterattack, but Fabrice Giljean took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. The 31st minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a breaking through on the left. Scorer for Olympic (1) was Jean Marouby. 1 - 0 was the halftime score. Olympic (1) held the ball, with a clear 68 percent of possession.

Olympic (1)'s Franz-Josef Daucher somehow missed a penalty in the 60th minute, much to the crowd's displeasure. After an industrious effort down the middle, Thomas Plançon could have closed the game off in the 67th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. In the 69th minute, Olympic (1)'s Laurent Lenoir received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Olympic (2) were forced to a substitution as Michaël Vial couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Jérémie Chassang to come in from the sidelines. Olympic (1)'s Laurent Lenoir had an excellent opportunity in the 71st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Olympic (1) held the ball, with a clear 82 percent of possession.

Olympic (1)'s top performer was clearly Laurent Macrez. However, Franz-Josef Daucher made a disastrous appearance. Olympic (2)'s best player was Majed Benmbarek. Fabrice Giljean turned in a dismal performance, however. The match ends 1 - 0.
Quite cheaply paid for such a pwnage... And the SP guy missed a penalty... He's in disastrous form though... He's at 4 goals in league, where the top scorer is at 7 goals. All is not lost, but I will need a lucky break.

The small amount of spectators is annoying...

BTW, I'm Olympic (1) here... :D

Dell19
24-09-2006, 19:56
I won 7-0 with Dave Ryan scoring four of the goals which makes me wonder what would have happened if he had been fit for the cup match. I am now top of the league and the ground was full.

BCLG100
24-09-2006, 20:09
quote:It was an exceptionally sunny day for the crowd of 11984 that came out to The dog house. Frankies decided to use a 5-3-2 set up. The following players had been chosen: de Martino - Ferragut, Gulbrandsen, Biosca, Kaehne, Puerta - Beer, #321;apicki, Stanley - Gozdek, Chang.

A 3-4-3 alignment was the formation of choice for United. Lineup: Casbarro - Pascoe, Neumann, Narang - Mertens, Jackson, Vaher, Locke - Ali, Strohalm, de Schrijver.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Frankies. A free kick aimed at the keeper's far post almost gave United the lead in the 10th minute, but the ball just wasn't able to squirm its way through the defensive wall. Massimo Chang suddenly found himself completely free on the right wing, when a counterattack by Frankies caught their opponents by surprise. Only a great save by the enemy keeper prevented him from scoring. A free kick aimed at the keeper's far post almost gave United the lead in the 16th minute, but the ball just wasn't able to squirm its way through the defensive wall. Bernard Stanley suddenly found himself completely free on the right wing, when a counterattack by Frankies caught their opponents by surprise. Only a great save by the enemy keeper prevented him from scoring. A long pass from the defense line of Frankies resulted in a counterattack that set Massimo Chang free, but the keeper made a spectacular diving save. Frankies's Ignacy Gozdek's long shot really ought to have found the net in the 25th minute, but it fell just wide of the target. When David Ferragut left the game because of a back injury in the 30th minute, Frankies had to continue a man short due to a lack of replacements. United's Jules-Henri Mertens's early cross took everyone by surprise except for Matthé de Schrijver who alertly redirected the ball goalwards and past the hapless goalkeeper to make the score 0 - 1. 0 - 1 was the score after the first half. This half belonged to United, who controlled the ball 70 percent of the time.

Climateu Biosca found it hard to catch his breath today in the stifling heat. Ignacio de Martino got a fingertip on Kick Strohalm's shot from the left in the 72nd minute, and managed to keep the visitors from going up another goal. Had it not been for one of the home defenders, Jack Pascoe would have put United up another goal in the 82nd minute. In the 85th minute, the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Kick Strohalm finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. Zein Ali of United was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. In the 87th minute, following yet another great corner, Ayodhana Narang knocked the ball to the limit of Zein Ali's reach, who just couldn't put it in the net. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Frankies's Cristoph Kaehne a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 88th minute. The forty-five minutes were dominated by United, with an impressive 72 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Frankies player was without a doubt Odd Gulbrandsen. Witold Beer turned in a dismal performance, however. United's top performer was clearly Ayodhana Narang. However, Kick Strohalm made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 2.

Well i think thats the first away match ive ever won not against a bot team so woop!

Shabbaman
24-09-2006, 22:03
I lost 2-1, because I picced. My strategy now is to pic all away matches, and play normal at home. Pray for the best... 212 hatstats, 54.5 stars.
The most disappointing thing: the huge difference between ht-ratings and the real ratings. For instance, for my wingback ht-ratings predicted 7 stars, and it was 6. Does anyone know a more accurate tool? It has to be free of charge. I used to use hattrick organizer, but they're developing something new and stopped all support. Apparently it doesn't work properly with the new player ratings.

Kemal
24-09-2006, 22:51
I'm doing very fine with HO, really accurate in most cases for me, but it can't handle non-existent skills it seems, but no problems if you don't have those.

In other news, since I'm using more or less the same technique as Shabba, I got creamed 5-0 playing away vs the now new no1. TS = PoE though.

Swingue
24-09-2006, 23:32
lost again 3-1, even the suggested change of playing on midfield didn't work, I'll prepare for degradation now.

Melifluous
25-09-2006, 01:24
I got killed 7-2. Not sure I'm staying up this season :(

[meli]

Pastorius
25-09-2006, 02:22
Well you really should be in bed by now

Then again, so should I

BCLG100
25-09-2006, 04:15
as should i but am not [:p]

sz_matyas
25-09-2006, 04:34
I won 5-0, despite being up 4-0 in the first 14 min. Guess the offense can't always come through to crush the oppositions spirits. On the big plus side, I got close to $60,000 in ticket revenue far outwaying any previous game. If I can sell the goalie I have on the market, it should prove to be a banner week economically, giving plenty of cash to consider needed upgrades.

Aggie
25-09-2006, 07:05
PIC-ed vs the 3rd BOT in a row and won 1-8. Next two matches will decide everything.

Kingreno
25-09-2006, 07:59
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

lost again 3-1, even the suggested change of playing on midfield didn't work, I'll prepare for degradation now.

quote:Originally posted by Meli

I got killed 7-2. Not sure I'm staying up this season

And I thought you guys were followers of my new tactic! [smirk]

I lost 2-0, against the best team in the league, and playing away. His Magnificent central attack had me fearing a bit, but a Titanic (low) CD of my own helped out a lot. Excellent Pressing skill does too.

tofra
25-09-2006, 09:18
I won with 0-9! The first victory this season. I have picced, because the next two matches are crucial to me for staying in the 7th division. And 4 players (!!) have droppen in stamina! two players with 2 levels! so 6 in total :-( This is NOT helping me at all!!

Let's pray! :D

Darth Pugwash
25-09-2006, 12:12
I won 4-0, now second in the league, 3 pts behind the leader

In other news, one of my strikers who was the league top scorer from last season (13 goals) has not scored in 6 weeks!

Tubby Rower
25-09-2006, 13:35
I won 2-1 vs. a team that is in the #4 position currently. I'll play a slacker team for the next two weeks so that should be good for my rankings :)

I got a red card on my best forward and a 3 week injury on my best wing. He's 32 so I think that I'll just fire him and find a new one with my new positive balance.

Robboo
25-09-2006, 16:28
Won 2-0....Next 2 weeks are vs the number 2 team which I think will take the league. If I can sneak off one win out of teh next two I will probably finish in second but no worse than 4th. That will meet my goal of better than finishing 4th.

Only down side was I got a 1 week injury to my winger who is leading the league in scoring...got to get him back on the field quick. He has a 2 goal lead over another guy...cant afford for him to miss to many chances.

arne1
25-09-2006, 18:45
won 7-0 versus bot. i am in 4th place now and will try to end there.

Dell19
26-09-2006, 12:34
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I lost 2-1, because I picced. My strategy now is to pic all away matches, and play normal at home. Pray for the best... 212 hatstats, 54.5 stars.
The most disappointing thing: the huge difference between ht-ratings and the real ratings. For instance, for my wingback ht-ratings predicted 7 stars, and it was 6. Does anyone know a more accurate tool? It has to be free of charge. I used to use hattrick organizer, but they're developing something new and stopped all support. Apparently it doesn't work properly with the new player ratings.

That could be a bad strategy financially if you lose your away matches leading to fewer fans coming to see you at home. Generally I try to do the opposite by PICing home matches and normalling away matches since I would rather lose at home.

You can adjust the settings in HT Ratings so that players match their real number of stars. Although I just use it to compare different players and as a rough estimate of team strength rather than expecting it to be accurate.