PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup 10th Edition Sign-up Thread

Shabbaman
20-09-2006, 20:40
For everyone who missed the discussion thread, it's here (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3805). This start post has shamelessly been ripped from previous editions.

[shout]Welcome at the 10th edition of the CDZ Cup. We are now open for registration for the Cup which is scheduled to start after the 7th league game has been played in the HT season, resulting in 9 games total to be played in the CDZ Cup this time. Depending on discussions and amount of participants, the actual starting date may vary to either a later or earlier point in time.

I am listing the people that are invited, please confirm your participation here or by HT-mail to Kemal or me. Anyone from CDZ or CFC is invited, just list your name and team in this thread and you are in. For those that were so rude to post their application in the discussion thread, [hammer] your participation might be taken into consideration.

I am going to repeat here the rules of the competition as well :
* You need to have an active team in Hattrick [jump];
* You need to register by listing your name and team in this thread by 29-9-2006; there is no limit on the number of participants;
* The games will be played as (international) friendlies and booked accordingly in Hattrick [duelist];
* Challenges can be issued by any of the two teams scheduled to play a game as soon as allowed [charge];
* Challenges should be accepted by Sunday evening [ninja];
* If a game is not arranged by Sunday evening, the team having issued the challenge is allowed to start searching for another friendly. [medic];
* The deadline for setting up a match is Monday 23:59 GMT. After the deadline, the team in default will lose the game 5 – 0. If a team decided to wait until monday to accept, it is at its own risk if the opposition has then already arranged another friendly. Please make sure to arrange the matches during the weekend latest, as you'll surely understand, we can't afford teams to lose training! [mad3];
* The first stage will be a league stage and games will be played as ‘normal’ friendlies [rifle];
* The following stages will be knock-out stages and will be played as friendlies ‘with Cup rules’ [mgun];
* The purpose of the Cup is to give every team 9 friendly games, there is no elimination from the cup and everybody plays until the end [shoot];
* The first *(still to be decided on exact composition and thus amount of teams per group, will be edited later)* teams in each group will qualify for several knock-out stages and one of them will be the Cup winner[dance];
* Teams that have not finished in the top *(still to be decided on exact composition and thus amount of teams per group, will be edited later)* in the league stage will still qualify to the knock-out stages which will determine their final ranking in the Cup [wavey];
* The makeup of each group will be drawn when the exact format of the Cup has been agreed upon and will be finalized. [joker];
* There will be no rebalancing of the home/away games in the knock-out stages [coool];

[b]Anyone can join, the invitation/declination lists are just a reminder to see how many teams are more or less expected to figure in this edition of the cup!

Invited teams:

(kemal, feel free to insert a list)

Confirmed (29):

1. Shabba FC (Shabbaman)
2. FC Duckstad (tofra)
3. Krys Olympic (kryszcztov)
4. Aristocats (Kingreno)
5. The Meltdown (Tubby Rower)
6. Crawfish (Robboo)
7. Swingstars (Swingue)
8. BCLG United (BCLG100)
9. FC De Snaken (Kemal)
10. hunting_penguins (sz_matyas)
11. Lucky Aggie (Aggie)
12. Meli's Manglers (Melifluous)
13. FC Suca (ciuly)
14. Mistfit's marauders (Mistfit)
15. PP SV (ProPain)
16. Sibultsikud (Sibul)
17. Barbiers (barbu1977)
18. Wartham United (Dell19)
19. Chimica Tarnaveni (yndy)
20. Chemists (akots)
21. Acorazado Fuerte (Schip)
22. Codrutul Doiciesti (Yanche)
23. Eindhoven Energy (Energy)
24. Pyknites (KoningJan)
25. Deep Space Elm (socralynnek)
26. de burchtheren (arne3)
27. FC Dibbelabbes (altkaese)
28. The Blue Boys FC (english_brit)
29. Xerxes Reitsma (Eldakkar)
30. Katanga Resistance (andretei)

Unconfirmed participants from previous season:

FC Saarbrücken (Doominik)
holly's eleven (hollybolly)

Declined(2):

Pugwash FC (Darth Pugwash)
Black Marlins (Thrawn) <-- (Team no longer exists. - Kemal)

Socrates
20-09-2006, 21:30
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

3. Krys athletic (kryszcztov)

[lol] Got my name right, but... athletic ? I ain't running a club for javelin throwers. [chickenpizza] [mischief]

;)

Shabbaman
20-09-2006, 22:22
Hmmz. Well, that's what I could remember, and I learned to copy paste your name a long time ago. But you know, athletic de bilbao, atletico madrid, you name them, they're not really athletic clubs either. And admit it, there's a lot more athletics in the olympics than football.

tofra
20-09-2006, 23:06
My team has changed name to FC. Duckstad.. :-) I don't know if thats the cause of being 7th (and last) in my division, or because 7th division is to high for me.. :-)

Socrates
20-09-2006, 23:07

Hmmz. Well, that's what I could remember, and I learned to copy paste your name a long time ago. But you know, athletic de bilbao, atletico madrid, you name them, they're not really athletic clubs either. And admit it, there's a lot more athletics in the olympics than football.

Hear, hear, trying to make me regret my club name. [shoot] [shoot] [shoot] Uh, that's because my football players are so tough that they could even pwn decathlonians at the Olympics.

BCLG100
21-09-2006, 04:10
theres a sign up thread already if IIRC shabba ;)

socralynnek
21-09-2006, 08:26
Bah, am I the only one to use the official signup thread? ;)

Count me in!

Tubby Rower
21-09-2006, 15:56
I thought this was the DISCUSSION thread... What's going on?

Socrates
21-09-2006, 18:33
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Bah, am I the only one to use the official signup thread? ;)

Apparently yes, so I guess you have won the 10th CDZ Cup already. ;)

arne1
25-09-2006, 18:36
I am in. my name has actually changed to arne02 after arne1 made me miss training. I fired the looser!

altkaese
26-09-2006, 21:18
Just created an account here...

I'm in again, last season was funny, I just hope this time all of my opponents will actually do matches... got 2 walkovers last time :(

altkaese (FC Dibbelabbes)

Shabbaman
26-09-2006, 21:30
Welcome to CDZ :)

English_brit
27-09-2006, 09:17
Can I sign up?

Shabbaman
27-09-2006, 09:33
Sure you can! Welcome again.

English_brit
27-09-2006, 09:39
Thanks, it should be fun.

Eldakkar
27-09-2006, 11:46
Hi!
Xerxes Reitsma would like to join the CDZ-cup again.

socralynnek
27-09-2006, 11:53
Hi and welcome altkaese!

A friend of ine (and altkaese) plays ht too, probably we can persuade him to join if we have an uneven number although he might lose some money...

Kemal
27-09-2006, 12:02
I suppose the draw really needs to be made today or tomorrow latest, if socra could get another person to join we'd be at 30 teams total, needing to play 9 weeks of cup rounds.

5 groups of 6 seems like a good option, with teams playing each other 1 time in a group round for 5 weeks, though we'd be 2 teams short to create a 4-round KO stage afterwards... Any ideas on how to best create a good fixture list ensuring games for everyone the next 9 weeks?

English_brit
27-09-2006, 12:47
Ok 5 groups of 6.

The top 16 teams qualify for the KO's of the upper tier. Which is a straight 4 weeks of games. Losers at each round get ranked depending on the score of their game and then playoff for final standing position once they are knocked out.

The other 14 teams play the same way but as they are two short the best 6 teams in the lower tier get a bye in to the next round but can be randomly matched up against each other for the last 16 stage.

Then once you get to the last 8 it works in exactly the same way, with teams already knocked out playing the team once place above, below them in order to determine final ranking position.

I'm not sure I've thought this through enough but something along those lines is feasible I think ..........

English_brit
27-09-2006, 12:49
Oops. You could just have two ghost teams to make the lower tier 16 teams and whichever two teams get drawn against them get a bye, which would make only two teams have a non competitive game for one round.

Probably a better idea.

Kemal
27-09-2006, 12:54
Except that nobody gets thrown out of the cup for losing a round, even in the KO stages, since one of the strong points of the cup is that evertone is guaranteed a game for 9 weeks. So 2 ghost teams would mean 2 WOs for 5 rounds, i.e. 10 extra WOs.... it would be possible, but I feel a better solution should be available as well... except that I don't know which one yet.

English_brit
27-09-2006, 13:58
No everyone get's to play every week and there is only one "meaningless" game.

Kemal
27-09-2006, 14:08
But that would only be for the first KO round. It would be impossible for two teams playing against each other in the KO rounds to face off against each other again in the next round (winner plays in the upper half of the next block, loser in the lower half), so once the 2 WO teams have played each other, they won't face each other again.

So doesn't that mean at least 8 (not 10, agreed) WO games?

Shabbaman
27-09-2006, 14:12
Jesus wept, you guys are using the sign up thread for discussion and the discussion thread for sign up... argh [hammer]

Socrates
27-09-2006, 15:28
I see there are 2 unconfirmed teams... Let's spam them with ht-mail until both respond. ;) That'd be 32 teams. [thumbsup]

Tubby Rower
27-09-2006, 15:38
I have an idea about doing the 30 team tourney...

there should be 5 groups of 6

9 weeks of playing

4 weeks of group play (you'll just not play 1 team in your group)

top 2 out of each group + 4 wildcards (highest point total, then highest goal differential, then highest goals for, then random selection)
This will make 5 weeks of knock-out play

That leaves 14 left in the bottom tier, I'm not sure what to do with these, but we'll have 4 weeks to sort them out.

socralynnek
27-09-2006, 15:45
totally different proposition:

1 group of 30, swiss style with 7 matches.

top 4 go into semifnal, each group of 4 below makes 2 ko-rounds for positions, team 29 and 30 play home and away for last place.

to make it work we'd probably would have to ht-mail everyone to ensure they know who to play against, but if a few people have some assigned to tel, it should work without WOs.

BTW I ht-mailed Doominik, but no answer yet.

Kemal
27-09-2006, 15:48
16 teams makes 4 weeks of KO play, doesn't it?

W1: 16, W2: 8, W3: 4, W4: 2 (Final)?

So playing 5 groups of 6 with all teams playing each other once, then 4 weeks of KO stages works perfectly... except that it basicly needs a 32-team base to function properly (i.e. without ghost teams).

Kemal
28-09-2006, 10:18
Downtime messed things up a bit with regard to the draw, unfortunately.

I'll try to get it done at 17:00, in the meantime feel free to continue discussions on the format. I'd still prefer group stages over swiss system, but I'm going to go with the masses on this point.

Melifluous
28-09-2006, 10:31

Jesus wept, you guys are using the sign up thread for discussion and the discussion thread for sign up... argh [hammer]

They only do it to wind you up...

[meli]

socralynnek
28-09-2006, 12:58
I know the downside of swiss system is, that low teams make no money. But one could use it for the final stage where the lower teams play each other anyways: so, my proposition:

group stage with 5 groups of 6 (5 games)

top 16 make 4 KO-rounds
next 8 do a 4 week swiss system
last 6 do a 4 week swiss system

(one could combine the last two groups for a 4-week swiss system of 14 teams while one may count the games of the group stage)

i know a program where one can avoid double matches in the swiss system.

Socrates
28-09-2006, 13:04
As I understand it, the CDZ Cup will start in 2 weeks, right ? So we still have one week to decide. Why not wait for 2 other teams to come here ? Should be feasable.

socralynnek
28-09-2006, 13:04
No, it will start next week (after league match 7) as always...otherwise we'd just have 8 games.

Tubby Rower
28-09-2006, 13:08
That means don't make any friendlies until you find out who you should play. I almost scheduled one... and then I thought.

Tubby Rower
28-09-2006, 17:27
Group E looks pretty tough. Group B has both BCLG AND Robboo [lol]

Kemal
28-09-2006, 17:35
Snaken will be aiming for place 20-30 this season, Group E is way too tough for my new passing training scheme. [sad]

sz_matyas
28-09-2006, 18:14
Tubby, you forgot I was also in group B making it an exceptionally easy group to dominate with 3 weak teams. On the other hand, it means that one of us is going to walk away a victory in the group stage. I'm looking forward to possibly getting my 2nd ever friendly win personally.

Robboo
28-09-2006, 19:11
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Group E looks pretty tough. Group B has both BCLG AND Robboo [lol]

I notice you never accepted my challenges Tubby. scared??

BC loss twice to me and SZ loss once to me. I dont suck nearly as much as BC and could probably beat your team from what I have been seeing.

Socrates
28-09-2006, 19:51
Ah OK, I got confused. So I'm waiting for Kemal to post that the draw is complete. Not in a hurry anyway...

arne1
28-09-2006, 20:44
What the f*ck another goal for this season that I am not oing to reach. All five teams in my group (E) are clearly better than mine, I am going to get creamed there. Well at least I will have good atendance.

BCLG100
29-09-2006, 01:18
You know if you guys rip on my team 13 or 14 more times, i might make an effort to do better.

Chances are i probably still wont like.

Might make an effort to buy a player again soon- i really only carry on with hattrick so you guys can get the occasional win

arne1
29-09-2006, 03:26
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

You know if you guys rip on my team 13 or 14 more times, i might make an effort to do better.

Might make an effort to buy a player again soon- i really only carry on with hattrick so you guys can get the occasional win

well thank you!

BCLG100
29-09-2006, 04:14
quote:Originally posted by arne1

well thank you!

no worries, im a team player[beer1]

arne1
30-09-2006, 14:12
Am I crazy or are we supposed to start the cup coming wednessday? In that case my opponent (the blue boys fc) allready arranged a friendly. Well i will now arrange another freindly as well.

Mistfit
30-09-2006, 19:43
your sanity is still questionable but you are correct in saying that Wed the CDZ cup begins.. 4-10-06

BCLG100
30-09-2006, 20:27
cool cos i challenged eindhoven energy :)

English_brit
03-10-2006, 00:46
Oh shit. Oops.

I got confused and thought it was starting next week. Uh oh ...

Congrats on the win arne1. Sorry, my mistake.

Looks like I've blown my chances of qualifying already. Shit. lol

arne1
03-10-2006, 17:55
quote:Originally posted by English_brit

Oh shit. Oops.

I got confused and thought it was starting next week. Uh oh ...

Congrats on the win arne1. Sorry, my mistake.

Looks like I've blown my chances of qualifying already. Shit. lol

Wo-ing against the looser of group is bad for your chances. :D

Tubby Rower
03-10-2006, 19:15
I've got the fixtures for the first stage done. Kemal has the fixtures thread locked so I couldn't post it there so I'll post it here in the discussion...er signup thread.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200610319146_Image2.gif
43.84KB

BCLG100
03-10-2006, 19:42
nice one tubs :)

Tubby Rower
03-10-2006, 20:24
just a little formula magic in Excel. I also put the team ID's at the top so that you could make sure that you are challenging the correct team. I know that I almost challenge Blue Boys instead of The Blue Boys FC last season.

Shabbaman
03-10-2006, 21:30

Kemal has the fixtures thread locked so I couldn't post it there so I'll post it here in the discussion...er signup thread.

You know what? You now can magically post in closed threads in the hattrick subforum [banned]

Kemal
03-10-2006, 21:56
Lots of thanks Tubby, well done!

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 12:41
Thanks [shabba]... list posted over there

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 17:12
The Alltid CDZ cup fed (http://usa.alltidhattrick.org/stats/30/0/eng/federation/7359/index.html) has been updated to only include the teams in the CDZ cup

Robboo
04-10-2006, 17:14

The Alltid CDZ cup fed (http://usa.alltidhattrick.org/stats/30/0/eng/federation/7359/index.html) has been updated to only include the teams in the CDZ cup

after looking at thta..my team feels..so inadequate.

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 17:15
I'd say it's wretched... poor at best [:P]

Kemal
04-10-2006, 21:21
I've entered the first results in the fixture tables as they are coming in... 2 games haven't been arranged without further explanation on the forum though: Pyknites - Codrutul and Wartham - Suca...

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Sibul
04-10-2006, 21:35
Suca in cup and Codrutul Doiciest wroted that oponent made friendly before he made call

Yanche:
Posted - 02 Oct 2006 : 08:45:59
my opponent has already arranged a friendly

Kemal
04-10-2006, 21:41
So right, thank you. Forgot that there was also discussion in the "discussion thread", and as for Suca, wow he is still in the cup, exceptional performance for a CDZ Cup team!

Does mess up the league table a bit, but of course in this case he is excused. ;)

English_brit
05-10-2006, 00:57
I'm proud to have 5 players in the CDZ Cup dream team. Shame I'm going to get knocked out of the top tier in the group stage.

Sigh ..... lol.

ciuly
05-10-2006, 08:53
Sorry, I wrote on the fed conference that I'm still in the national cup, but forgot to do the same here.:( So next week I'll also be unavaible for a CDZ cup match. And, if the gods of ht are with me, I should get to the 10th level of the cup. The only downside is that I might not be able to recover the lost points in the CDZ cup and get the second place in group C.

Kemal
05-10-2006, 10:05
No worries, this time in the CDZ Cup, due to the exact amount of participants, a lot of teams progress to the upper tier from the 1st group stages. You only have to come in 3rd, even 4th place can see you end up in the final eventually.

Kemal
11-10-2006, 22:55
Hmmpf, PP SV apparently forgot to set a new lineup, so Snaken got thrashed 7-0. What's worse, my A-team winger received a +4 injury... better watch out BCLG, Snaken are joining the race.

Melifluous
12-10-2006, 00:53
hmm well I win my match 0-3, but my 36 year old forward gets a 4 week injury.

He wont be back this season methinks...

[meli]

Mistfit
12-10-2006, 15:20
Maybe I missed this earlier but I just want to confirm that I can schedule a friendly at my leisure because ciuly is still in the cup..

quote:Still in Cupa României.

The team is undefeated for 5 competitive games

Congrats btw :D

ciuly
12-10-2006, 16:50
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Maybe I missed this earlier but I just want to confirm that I can schedule a friendly at my leisure because ciuly is still in the cup..

quote:Still in Cupa României.

The team is undefeated for 5 competitive games

Congrats btw :D

Thanks and yes, I'm still in the cup. And I still have a fighting chance to get to the 11th round in the Cup, if I'll get a break from those annoying injuries. (check my last PA and you'll see what I'm talking about)

Mistfit
12-10-2006, 20:07
ok no problem.. I will get my Lëtzebuerg flag this week then :D

barbu1977
12-10-2006, 22:04
quote:Originally posted by ciuly
And I still have a fighting chance to get to the 11th round in the Cup

[cheerl] I'm rooting for you, since I'd gladly take the win when I play you in 2 weeks. [cheerl]

Dell19
12-10-2006, 22:21

The largest non Romanian stadium, yey!

Shabbaman
12-10-2006, 22:41
Nice work tubby. Propain could do the same for the CPF, there's a handy dandy federation update button.

Tubby Rower
13-10-2006, 14:52
I updated the fixtures thread with the results from this week and formated it a little.

btw, while checking scores, I went to Dell's team's home page... nice logo there [thumbsup]

Socrates
14-10-2006, 17:08
I have to play the Pyknites at home next Wednesday. He challenged me in NL, which is wrong, so I declined it and invited him in France instead. Still no answer from his side, despite multiple logging since I did it. What should I do ?

Shabbaman
14-10-2006, 17:23
PM him or spam his guestbook. Tell him he's an ugly whore. He'll accept if you taunt him, I know him personally ;)

Tubby Rower
14-10-2006, 21:46
[lol]

Socrates
15-10-2006, 13:07
Maybe he read this ; he accepted the friendly last night. ;)

BCLG100
15-10-2006, 15:04
still waiting on rob to accept my challenge :) i am meant to be playing him right?

Tubby Rower
16-10-2006, 12:45
yes Simon.. the battle of the titans will be played @ the crawfish farm

BCLG100
16-10-2006, 16:13
if you'd have used a smilie in that post i would have assumed sarcasm, good job you didnt :)

edit- still waiting on an acceptance rob :)

Tubby Rower
16-10-2006, 17:26
it was so dripping with sarcasm that the smilies didn't even stick to the post.. Not sure what happened.. must have been the forum software

Robboo
16-10-2006, 18:19
accepted your challenge....i told you i was out of town.

Tubby Rower
16-10-2006, 18:24
Simon is a little deaf when he's drunk so you have to yell at him [:P]

BCLG100
16-10-2006, 18:35
yup but when you told me i assumed you'd accept that day, not the day after :) was just checking you hadnt forgotton.

Robboo
16-10-2006, 23:41
I thought I had then I looked this morning...going to throw a mix of my A squad and my B squad.

BCLG100
17-10-2006, 00:51
mines gonna be a mix of the 13 people i dont have injured!

Robboo
17-10-2006, 05:05
hahahhaha.... i am going to sell some recent pops...so i have to make sure i dont get them injuried sooo... you might get lucky but i doubt it.

Melifluous
17-10-2006, 22:56
Meli 2 - 2 Shabba

No injuries, 4 yellow cards [:p]

I had 51% pos first half, he had 51% pos second half.

[meli]

akots
18-10-2006, 06:02
Strange but I won again and am leading in the group. May be this is slight revenge for the horrible losses in the league.

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 12:18
I'll go through today and get the fixtures thread updated but I need more coffee.

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 14:32
oK I updated the thread ~ 45 minutes ago and then have made the top 16 teams bracket

The places in the groups will be ranked so going undefeated with a high goal differential will ensure you home field advantage throughout. Does this look ok? I'll attempt to make the Robboo-BCLG bracket later today

quote:bracket for Top 16 teams
game #
A1. 1(#1) - 4(#1)
A8. 2(#3) - 2(#4)

A5. 1(#5) - 3(#2)
A4. 1(#4) - 3(#3)

A3. 1(#3) - 3(#4)
A6. 2(#1) - 3(#1)

A7. 2(#2) - 2(#5)
A2. 1(#2) - 3(#5)

B1. A1W - A8W
B2. A4W - A5W
B3. A3W - A6W
B4. A2W - A7W

B5. A8L - A1L
B6. A5L - A4L
B7. A6L - A3L
B8. A7L - A2L

C1. B1W - B2W
C2. B3W - B4W

C3. B2L - B1L
C4. B4L - B3L

C5. B5W - B7W
C6. B6W - B8W

C7. B6L - B5L
C8. B8L - B7L

D1. C1W - C2W (1st & 2nd)
D2. C2L - C1L (3rd & 4th)

D3. C3W - C4W (5th & 6th)
D4. C4L - C3L (7th & 8th)

D5. C5W - C6W (9th & 10th)
D6. C6L - C5L (11th & 12th)

D7. C7W - C8W (13th & 14th)
D8. C8L - C7L (15th & 16th)

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 14:56
I also noticed that FC Susa has advanced to the next round in the Cup. So the barbiers will need to find someone else to play with for next week.

Congrats to the black cats!!!

Sibul
18-10-2006, 15:31
Congrats to Suca to getting next level in national cup.

socralynnek
18-10-2006, 15:37
Yeah, congrats to Suca although that will probably mean you go into bottom half here...

Oh and finally I entered the other competition with a one week injury...

barbu1977
18-10-2006, 17:53
Scientist: [resigned] Well, Homer, I guess you're the winner by default.
Homer: Default? Woo hoo! The two sweetest words in the English language. De-fault! De-fault! De-fault!

Congrats to Suca!

Kemal
18-10-2006, 18:57
I would recommend playing all KO fixtures on neutral ground. Not only does home midfield advantage heavily swing matches, it also reduces the punishment of teams finishing 16th instead of 17th in the group stages, or of some of our really new teams that finish last in the 1st rounds, by not forcing them to pay int. friendly tickets all the time.

Kemal
18-10-2006, 19:16
Snaken beat Swingstars 3-1... and I add another +3 to my continuing injury story this season. [sad]

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 19:27
ok.. on neutral ground it is.. but does the bracket look ok? I have it so that once you lose, you drop to the lower half of the group that you were playing. Still digesting lunch (jalepeno bacon cheeseburger with onion rings) I'll come up with the bottom tier this afternoon, as I've already done a little work this morning. :)

sz_matyas
18-10-2006, 19:34
hunting_penguins beat Energy 2-3, but more importantly $12,000 in income was generated, more than making up for the cost of tickets abroad. Aparently my wingback (for which I have no true backup) didn't get the memo that the consolation prize is almost out of reach, so don't bother trying (only 1 weeks and I play a patsy in league but still).

As far as playing on neutral ground goes, I don't know if this is a great idea. For international games at least one team still has to travel, and neutral sites generate smaller crowds and less income hurting new teams. Perhaps allowing the players to decide where the game will be held with a tie-breaker being the higher seeded team is home might be in order. I do agree that forcing new/bad teams to always buy international tickets isn't the best idea though, but if I finish 16th, I would be more than willing to travel to stadiums that will cover my expenses rather than play to a small crowd at home, or an even smaller crowd at a neutral site.

Kemal
18-10-2006, 19:42
I never heard of neutral venue generating smaller crowds, so that's new to me. However, I do think we should keep in mind that new teams simply have bad reserve teams, and will end up playing for lowest places. I don't think we want to force them paying 6K extra each week on their already limited and stretched budget, that's all there is to my reasoning I suppose. :)

arne1
18-10-2006, 20:02
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

I never heard of neutral venue generating smaller crowds, so that's new to me. However, I do think we should keep in mind that new teams simply have bad reserve teams, and will end up playing for lowest places. I don't think we want to force them paying 6K extra each week on their already limited and stretched budget, that's all there is to my reasoning I suppose. :)

Well it is that the blue boys caused a WO against me or I would be ranked 30th. Another trashing of the burchtheren today.

@Tubby: I assume your using the hatrrick ranking system and let 1 play versus 16 in the upper tier, and 2 versus 15 etc.

I am ok with draw you suggested, I send a suggetion for the lower tier to kemal, but you can think of something original yourself.

4,5 point in the consolation price competetion. My reserve keeper (0,5) and my yuoungest trainee (4). Yndy!!!!

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 20:04
Well I was thinking that for the bottom bracket, we can let the two teams choose where the match is held. But for the top teams, I doubt 6k will bust the top 16 teams. So having to play abroad each week wouldn't be a burden.

arne1
18-10-2006, 20:07

Well I was thinking that for the bottom bracket, we can let the two teams choose where the match is held. But for the top teams, I doubt 6k will bust the top 16 teams. So having to play abroad each week wouldn't be a burden.

I garee (since I will be dwelling at the bottom agin this season)

Tubby Rower
18-10-2006, 20:22
For the ranking of the top 16, I was planning on taking the top teams from each group and ranking them by (in order) number of points, goal differential, goals for, random drawing. (1-5)

Then repeat for the #2's of each group (6-10), then the #3's(11-15), then the #4's (only top #4 will get into the champ bracket). This is the only way I know how to do it. Then the bracket used is basically set up and as long as there are no upsets, the highest original ranking will always be at home. I think that if #16 beats #1 in the first round of the KO stage the #16 deserves to take over the home field advantage for the rest of the tournament. I also tried to keep the losers so that if the expected team loses, then the highest (orginially) ranked team will play at home

Winners' Bracket With No Upsets

#1 vs #16
#8 vs #9 #1 vs #8
#1 vs #4
#5 vs #12 #4 vs #5
#4 vs #13
#1 vs #2
#3 vs #14
#6 vs #11 #3 vs #6
#2 vs #3
#7 vs #10 #2 vs #7
#2 vs #15

Socrates
18-10-2006, 20:54
Yeah, I got my first victory today : 3-1 against the Pyknites. [thumbsup] An IM got a 1-week injury, and was replaced by... my SP guy who was warming the bench, like all Wednesdays. The stupid thing is that they're too stupid in the team to change the SP taker, and a later free kick was shot (and missed) by the same guy as since the beginning. [mischief] No way Juninho would have allowed that. ;)

sz_matyas
18-10-2006, 21:09
I was basing my comment on Neutral Ground crowds being lower based on experience (both personal and a limited number of others) where the crowd seemed to based primarily on the home teams supporters. For neutral ground games it seemed (might just be me) to be based on the smaller fan base roughly giving less income. As I said this was based on a small sample size so I may be completely off base.

Tubby Rower
19-10-2006, 03:05
The Meltdown won 3-0 against the AristoCats [dance] I never thought that I would get points out of my group but I have 3 now :D

Robboo
19-10-2006, 03:49
BC all that bitching and you dont set your lineup...5-0 walk over.

dang it man I wanted my win to be clean. I even pulled all my mean guys so as not to give you injuries.

ciuly
19-10-2006, 08:59
Thanks all. I got some help from the ht random yesturday, I guess in return for my never ending injuries. Strange enough, I have a good chance to win the next cup round also, if only the injuries could take a brake.

BCLG100
19-10-2006, 18:04
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

BC all that bitching and you dont set your lineup...5-0 walk over.

dang it man I wanted my win to be clean. I even pulled all my mean guys so as not to give you injuries.

[:o]was the match not today???? i was just going in to set my team now!!!!!!!

ive been really tied up this week with work, didnt mean to let this one go.

sz_matyas
19-10-2006, 20:00
Look on the bright side, your lead in the consolation prize was big enough that you still lead despite the walkover.

Robboo
19-10-2006, 20:17
sz...except for rule 1 in the consolation contest.

Tubby Rower
19-10-2006, 21:08
well the intent of rule #1 was to not have a friendly... Robboo still received training for their match so Simon is the only one hurt in this scenario... I think that the consolation contest runner should make this decision.

BCLG100
19-10-2006, 21:23
I dont mind either way, got involved in the competition to play the tourney not win a prize :)

Robboo
19-10-2006, 22:16
True..i was saying Simon got screwed twice. I feel a bit responsible since i didnt accept his friendly earlier.

Sibul
19-10-2006, 23:38
I think that he will move on in consolation prize run. As there was friendly. Even with WO loss. Rule #1 is about not making friendly.

Aggie
21-10-2006, 10:21
I really hope that Acorazado Fuerte accepts soon. My time on the internet is limited and I don't want to miss training this week...

Aggie
23-10-2006, 07:43
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I really hope that Acorazado Fuerte accepts soon. My time on the internet is limited and I don't want to miss training this week...

I accepted another friendly. Just book a 0-5 loss for me. Certainty of training is more important for me than this.

Tubby Rower
23-10-2006, 12:37
well today is Monday so if he hasn't accepted by today then, you get the 5-0 win ;)

Sibul
23-10-2006, 21:27
quote:I accepted another friendly. Just book a 0-5 loss for me. Certainty of training is more important for me than this.

As I see this post is made in monday. So for "smart money" U don't get WO but your opponent will get it and as he haven't log in long time allready

Kemal
23-10-2006, 23:33
Indeed.. some weird stuff going with the Eindhoven-guys, Schip isn't logging in much anymore, PP also lost supporter a few days ago and forgets to set his lineup regularly... not a good sign. :(

Anyone any idea on what's going on? (KR?)

arne1
24-10-2006, 01:58
I will be gone for a long weekend and will not be able to accept freindly before sunday, very late.

tofra
24-10-2006, 09:49
Well... The weather is pritty bad over here.. So I would expect that the spend more time behind the computer instead of less... :-) But don't worry, Energy and myself are around!! ;)

Schip
24-10-2006, 09:50
Hello,
Aggie sorry about not excepting, I didn't reached the site yet. You can have the victory if you want, as I clearly was too late in excepting.

Aggie
24-10-2006, 11:40
No problem. These things happen and aren't exactly the most important issues we face on this planet ;)

Tubby Rower
24-10-2006, 22:53
wooot!!! I pulled a 0-0 draw vs the Manglers of Meli :D I even got a 4 week injury to make a showing in the side competition... good thing he normally doesn't play

Melifluous
25-10-2006, 01:43
Well I'm utterly speachless.

I fuckin owned you on the pitch and what do I get? 0-0? Nil fuckin Nil? I mean wtf!?!?!?!

Let's look over the facts.

Hatstats: 163 vs 96
Tactics: Me normal he CA's
Possession: I get 78% and 80% respectively
Chances: I get 5, he's gets 3?!?! Not one mentions counterattack.
TS: Mine is ok at last, composed. His? Fuckin over the moon after that performance surely...

Congrats Tubby but our Lord alone only knows how a computer reached that decision ;)

[meli]

Tubby Rower
25-10-2006, 03:04
[lol] it's my superb coaching skillz

Kemal
25-10-2006, 10:10
To be fair Meli I do think 2 of Tubby's chances were counterattacks. With a probably 9-1 chance distribution and these ratings, your opinion on how this result came about still stands though... [crazyeye]

Congrats go to Tubby of course.

arne1
25-10-2006, 19:24
kemal, was it really necesarry to kick out my to top forwards? I I am lucky I can get 2 50% training spots extra, but if i am unlucky the one I wanted to have training gets none. any way, I have trhee more points for the consolation price. So I just need to double my amount of weeks to catch up with BCLG.

Tubby Rower
25-10-2006, 19:43
I've updated the fixtures thread now with color coded advanced and loser categories... Susa is still in the cup next week so Acorazado Fuerte will have to find another friendly. Congrats you silly cat.

Kemal
26-10-2006, 12:35
Sorry arne, seems the +2 guy is still +2 atm. Hopefully the updates will work in your favour tomorrow and he still will get training.

Looking at the tables I'm wondering whether I will need a win vs TBBFC to proceed, despite my current 2nd place... No way I will be able to pull of a win vs english brit.

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 12:47
Kemal, what about lucky aggie? who gets the walkover victory... I thought that Aggie would have but someone seemed to disagree. Since you are running this.. I'll let you make the decision

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 12:54
quote:Looking at the tables I'm wondering whether I will need a win vs TBBFC to proceed, despite my current 2nd place... No way I will be able to pull of a win vs english brit.Yeah Kemal.. you will advance. Since Swingstars play Chimica Tarnaveni only one will be able to get enough points to beat you. So I have updated you to be a green advanced

Kemal
26-10-2006, 12:58
I've removed myself again from the advanced list... it seems to me that either Chimica or Swingstars will pas, plus PP SV could if they beat burchtheren... which would see me end up 4th place.

Since only the best 4th place advances, there is a fair chance (especially looking at other tables) it won't be me. :(

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 13:11
oh ok.. I thought about it yesterday, but I couldn't remember why. need more coffee ;)

Aggie
26-10-2006, 13:17

Kemal, what about lucky aggie? who gets the walkover victory... I thought that Aggie would have but someone seemed to disagree. Since you are running this.. I'll let you make the decision

Doesn't matter at all. I won't advance (I will not win from the Mistfits). Schip certainly will. Just make it 5-0 for him then!

Kemal
26-10-2006, 13:26
Lucky Aggie will get the win, period. Schip didn't accept the friendly in time so rules state a 5-0 WO win.

Btw, I need some coffee too after having updated the tables about 8 times in the last 10 minutes, updating stuff and removing it again later as my maths are way off. (To be clear, I put Xerxes Reitsma on the non-advance list, but it is still possible for them to finish as best 4th place, in theory).

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 13:28
Aggie, anything can happen. Just look at how I made Meli look like an idiot on the pitch. He drew 0-0 with me even though he should have won 7-0 or so. I even had a passable GK stopping his guys weak shots [lol]

sz_matyas
26-10-2006, 15:15
As proof that anything can happen, I can't believe that I'm a win against BCLG away from advancing. How did my defense hold teams like to Energy, Chemists and Dibbelabbes, when earlier this season I lost badly to Robboo? Crazy stuff I tell you. I wil the 16th place badge with pride or else watch my team go down in flames to BCLG, while helping him win the consolation prize.

socralynnek
26-10-2006, 15:22
BTW, I don't think Dibbelabbes is already advanced.
altkaese can become 4th if losing and in Group D the 4th placed team can also have 9 points, so then te goal difference decides.

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 15:22
[lol] What would be ironic is if BCLG actually wins... but that's not likely to happen. [:p]

ciuly
26-10-2006, 16:26

... Susa is still in the cup next week so Acorazado Fuerte will have to find another friendly. Congrats you silly cat.

Thanks! And btw, it's Suca (aka the cat in the team logo), not Susa ;).

Also, I apologise to all of you for the repetead WO's, I didn't plan to get that far in the national cup.

Kingreno
26-10-2006, 16:27
LOL!! yeah Ciuly, we expect you to PIC round one with a 5-1-4 line-up next year just to make sure you're in the CDZcup...[crazyeye]

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 16:39
sorry about the spelling... I've been training under killer's spelling school. I mis-spelled scrolynnek's name too one time which is why I now call him ynnek because it's somehow easier to spell [lol]

Melifluous
26-10-2006, 17:57
Oh my God!

They killed ynneK!

[meli]

BCLG100
26-10-2006, 18:07

[lol] What would be ironic is if BCLG actually wins... but that's not likely to happen. [:p]

your all just so scared of me beating you all with a full strength team you just keep kicking me about the park.

just watch if id actually had my first team id be winning!

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 18:13
quote:just watch if id actually had my first team id be winning!

no you wouldn't. You'd forget to set your lineup [lol]

BCLG100
26-10-2006, 18:17
true, but if i set my lineup AND had a full team THEN id kick your asses!

Tubby Rower
26-10-2006, 18:26
true true

Socrates
26-10-2006, 18:34
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Oh my God!

They killed ynneK!

[meli]

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Seriously, any link with South Park ?

socralynnek
26-10-2006, 19:25
No, not South Park... two other TV series...

akots
26-10-2006, 23:16
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
Hatstats: 163 vs 96
Tactics: Me normal he CA's
Possession: I get 78% and 80% respectively
Chances: I get 5, he's gets 3?!?! Not one mentions counterattack.
TS: Mine is ok at last, composed. His? Fuckin over the moon after that performance surely...

Congrats Tubby but our Lord alone only knows how a computer reached that decision ;)

Good thing you had a draw there. ;) I managed to lose a similar matche in the league this season (not so huge gap of course but still considerable). I've thought RNG in HT is better than that but alas, it is like a single round of unit combat in Civ3, spearman beats tank this round. [tvs]

BCLG100
27-10-2006, 05:15
ynnek i challenged SZ to a friendly at your place as it has to be on neutral grounds, hope thats ok?

Sibul
28-10-2006, 08:49
I looked today who have accepted friendlis allready. and found that Pyknites playing wrong friendly. I think FC. Duckstad must start looking for other friendly?!

Kemal
28-10-2006, 09:50
Yep, it will be a mandatory 5-0 win to Duckstad. Which also means the chances of Snaken becoming the best no. 4 in a group have further diminished.. :(

tofra
28-10-2006, 23:09
Hmmm.. damn... but who will advance? the number three's and up?

Tubby Rower
29-10-2006, 02:35
yes top 3 X 5 groups = 15.. plus the top #4 will advance.

arne1
29-10-2006, 22:57
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Yep, it will be a mandatory 5-0 win to Duckstad. Which also means the chances of Snaken becoming the best no. 4 in a group have further diminished.. :(

Kemal, just bribe me to beat PP SV and you 'll be golden! Unfortunately I will probably loose all my games in the group phase. Aim 17th place than.

Kemal
29-10-2006, 23:05
Well, PP probably forgets his lineup again, so even a bribe would be insufficient there, I fear.

Just gonna have to beat TBBFC I guess... I'm fielding a supernat and titanic PM so at least the problem won;t be in the midfield.

BCLG100
30-10-2006, 13:36
just an outside guess here but am i looking at another season as last place?

Tubby Rower
30-10-2006, 14:33
Yes unless Suca wins his country's cup [lol]

BCLG100
30-10-2006, 14:58
cummon susa!!!!

arne1
30-10-2006, 19:53

just an outside guess here but am i looking at another season as last place?

If you loose against me you will. I seem to be target prcatise lately. At least yuo are leading teh consolation prize< I however am just runner up.

Tubby Rower
30-10-2006, 19:55
yeah but BCLG is only fielding 9 players.

sz_matyas
31-10-2006, 20:54
Missed my chance at finishing 2nd in the group, but still moving on and no injuries to boot [goodjob]. Yeehaw!

Now to watch the collapse in slow motion through the top bracket.

P.S. Sorry BCLG, I just couldn't in good consciense help you increase your lead for the consolation prize [yeah]

Kemal
31-10-2006, 23:08
[rant] Hmmf, Chimica allow themselves to be overrun by Swingstars (2-6), so I definitely need the win over TBBFC now. Too bad I played all my forwards already last week, so it's gonna be next to impossible I fear.

BCLG100
01-11-2006, 04:39
i think thats the first match ive played this season where someone hasnt been injured, so its a victory for me!

socralynnek
01-11-2006, 16:53
Won 1-7 at krys' place vs krys. Meaning, I'll advamce!So, now I know, I will end up in front of FC Suca! That's great! ;)

BTW Suca lost his cup match via golden goal this morning. The experience event knocked him out, very thrilling match, I have seen it live...
So Suca will probably end on place 23 or so...

Kemal
01-11-2006, 17:47
Wow, 5002 spectators at FC De Snaken v TBBFC, I've never ever had that many punters at a friendly game ever. Nice income (18253). :)

Kemal
01-11-2006, 18:11
In the meantime, it looks like PP could be forced to pay dearly for not changing his lineup since the league match... with his crunch match coming on for the championship, Vojtech Fabian is now helped off the pitch. :(

Tubby Rower
01-11-2006, 18:14
The Meltdown are somehow winning vs Xerxes Reitsma 2-0 at the half :)

Kemal
01-11-2006, 18:17
Well... I suppose with 58% possession things look very much in your favour for the 2nd half too. :)

arne1
01-11-2006, 18:26

i think thats the first match ive played this season where someone hasnt been injured, so its a victory for me!

You still have a comfortable lead, but PP has one halve left to revenge his injury (of his topmidfielder(WTF was he doing on the pitch?)) and get me into contention for number one posoiton.

Kemal
01-11-2006, 19:20
Snaken have drawn TBBFC 2-2, putting me in 4th place with 8 points... I'm gonna update the tables to see whether I've got a chance of progressing to the best 16, as it depends on the other results this round in other groups.

Kemal
01-11-2006, 19:43
15 out of 16 participants for both halves of the KO stages are clear so far, only Mistfit and Aggie will have to slug it out later tonight to see who will be the final team in the upper half, and who will join the bottom half.

Snaken ended up as best no4 with 8 points thanks to a somewhat stolen draw at TBBFC. Please make sure your team has the correct amount of points, errors do happen from time to time unfortunately, so don't hesitate to speak up if something seems out of order.

As for the KO stages, I guess Tubby has the ins and outs on that soon, but they will be posted tomorrow latest in any case.

Kemal
01-11-2006, 19:49
[lol], Tubby overedited my original edit, so voice any complaints in his direction. ;)

Thanks Tubbs, you also edited in the non-advancing teams already, so better job than mine. :)

Tubby Rower
01-11-2006, 20:02
um it looked to me as though 2 slots are remaining to be filled. There are 4 games left but 2 of them are for position only.

EDIT:: the other team that has left to play is Robboo vs akots. but Robboo would have to slaughter the Chemists which I honestly don't see happening [lol]

Kemal
01-11-2006, 20:08
2 slots indeed, apologies go out to Robboo as I had counted them out already, which they aren't of course.

Tubby Rower
01-11-2006, 20:32
I have the winner's bracket setup so I just have to put the teams in and the bracket will unviel itself

BUUUUTT the loser's bracket is giving me a hard time. Who had an idea on this earlier?

sz_matyas
01-11-2006, 22:12
I should have three wins, not two (beat crawfish, BCLG and energy) which should put me as advancing and rule out Robboo. It seems you have me losing 0-7 to BCLG instead of winning 7-0.

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 00:25
HOLY SHIT!

i won apparantly :D ;)

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 00:36
um... sorry.. blame it on Kemal [:P] I'll get it right

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 00:40
fixed

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 00:49

HOLY SHIT!

i won apparantly :D ;)
that would be a great indication that I tallied the tables incorrectly [lol]

arne1
02-11-2006, 03:00
Ok this was what i came up with:
round 1
17 - 30 I
18 - 29 J
19 - 28 K
20 - 27 L
21 - 26 M
22 - 25 N
23 - 24 O
round 2
wI - lO 9
wJ - wO 10
wK - wN 11
wL - wM 12

lI - lN 13
lJ - lM 14
lK - lL 15
round 3
w9 - w12
w10 - w11

l9 -l12
l10 -l11

w13 - Best of l13, l14 and l15 (*)
w14 - w15

the two other loosers play a double header for the BC-award
the rest seems self-explainotry to me.

(*) could be determined on all played matches or just on the last one.

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 03:01
i dislike how we're calling it the 'bc award'

arne1
02-11-2006, 03:14

i dislike how we're calling it the 'bc award'

If You come up with a better name I will use it.:D

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 03:23
meh too much effort, one day im not gonna come last [:p]

Robboo
02-11-2006, 03:28
hahah I called it that first.....

Shabbaman
02-11-2006, 08:10
I think "Stefan Postma award" would be a fitting name.

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 09:52
I came up with something similar (besides that one could play a 4-round swiss thingie)

14 teams - 7 drawn matches

7 winners + best overall loser (from all games so far or with most injuries, see other cup) advance and play normal KO-matches for three rounds

Other 6 either same (3 winners+ best loser advance, 2normal KO games, last two play home and away) or 3-round swiss system

If you want swiss somewhere, I can help calculating the matches to avoid meeting same opponent twice.

ciuly
02-11-2006, 11:17
Thanks all for the support, I'm out of the cup now and ready to claim my place in the CDZ cup (not last one I hope :)). One question: who do I play next week? Cause I tried to figure it out in the draw & fixtures topic but didn't have any luck at it.:(

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 11:25
Not decided yet, ciuly, as Tubby or Kemal will probably decide on how to üproceed in a few hours...

Kemal
02-11-2006, 12:20
I'll be away the whole afternoon and evening so if Tubby could pretty please take care of this...?

The upper half of the schedule should be easy to set up using Tubby's method, but I assume they are played on neutral venues right? As for the bottom half... I'd say no need to complicate things needlessly, we might just go for 2 bot-teams in a 16 team mix and reward mandatory 5-0 wins over them. It does mean a few walkovers (6 to be precise in total), but it will also cut on the traveling costs for the lowest classed teams as they can get domestic friendlies, and at least will ensure BCLG finishes 30th instead of 32nd. ;)

Maybe this is too practical thinking though... I'm not sure how the lower ranked teams would feel vs getting the free win in the cup? Otherwise, it might be a good idea to use this situation as a test for the swiss-pairing method that is advocated each season.. see how that works out in practice?

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 12:28
I'll get this settled by lunchtime (in about 5 hours from this post). I need to get the matches from last night updated as well.

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:09
I have the fixtures for the knock out stage and will post them in the fixtures thread in a few minutes.. BEFORE YOU SCHECDULE FRIENDLIES... someone needs to look over it to make sure I didn't screw anything up

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:11
I have no clue what swiss pairing is.. although I do like Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate :)

Shabbaman
02-11-2006, 13:14
Heh, I just found that I defeated Aristocrats for the sixth time in a row :D

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 13:24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_system

It's a nice system to make a league style turnament where not everyone faces each other, but there is still a fair winner.
To win you must face the harder teams so you can't blame it on a lucky draw.
As said above, if you wanna test it, i can help you make the fixtures.

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:30
OK the fixture thread is updated. Week 4 shows what place that game will be playing for. the loser will be one place behind.

<s>woo hoo quadruple post</s>stupid non-refreshing page [aargh]

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 13:32
woo hoo quadruple post

HAAAHHAAAA![finger]

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:33
doh!!

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:38
could you guys look at the loser fixtures and tell me if I should change them. The only people who could get screwed the way I have it (arne's fixtures). I had to figure out the last week since arne left that up to my feeble mind to interpolate.

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 13:42
What I don't like is that someone can become last although winning in Week 2. I'd rather see the last two weeks home and away between the two teams that lost both in week 1 and 2 to decide the true worst team.

Meaning week 3: F6L - F5L
and week 4 F5L-F6L

winners of F5,F6 and F7+ F7L play two normal KO rounds in week 3 and 4

tofra
02-11-2006, 13:53
Damn.. FC Suca is out of the cup... I really hoped that he would be in the Cup for at least one other week.. :-(

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:57
ok.. changed so the losers of F5 & F6 will duke it out in a 2 week battle for the BC award

socralynnek
02-11-2006, 13:59
Maybe you could add that all games should be played using cup rules...

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 14:01
will do.... done

Sibul
02-11-2006, 14:51
I have some questions. I'm in winners bracket #6. How is it done? As by points I must be #4 if U use goal differents. Or is it used some other thing. Anyway The Blue Boys FC have 10 points and he is in #5th place?!

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 14:57

ok.. changed so the losers of F5 & F6 will duke it out in a 2 week battle for the BC award

insulting me on my birthday... have you no class [assw]:D

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 15:02
Sibul, I took the #1 out of each group and ordered them.. then took the #2 out of each group and ordered them.. then took the #3 out of each group and ordered them.. then took the highest #4

that is the order that everyone was ranked with. The losers' bracket is done the same way. I though that winning your group was more important than how many points you had. for instance a group that was hotly contested would have more "good" teams in it than a group where you had two teams slaughter everyone other than the other "good" team.

Sibul
02-11-2006, 15:04
if it's done so then it's all ok. Just didn't understand it.

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 15:13
I did mention (albeit not very clear) back on page 3 of this thread. This is why I mentioned that people shouldn't schedule friendlies until it has been checked out. I'm open to changing it since it really doesn't matter to me.

arne1
02-11-2006, 18:29
Tubby, it now looks the way I meant it. So i am happy contesting for last place once again.

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 18:44
bring it on arne!

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 18:47
[lol] see it is your awards [:p]

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 18:49
just cos we dont enjoy 'stastics' :P

Shabbaman
02-11-2006, 21:27

insulting me on my birthday... have you no class [assw]:D

Best. Present. Ever.

[bday]

yndy
06-11-2006, 10:31
Attention!

Hattrick wil be down next monday to tuesday afternoon. We'll need to change the deadline for accepting friendlies until Sunday 12.00 CET so that we can all have the time to set our lineup for the friendly.

Kemal
06-11-2006, 10:46
Good call yndy, thanks for the early warning.

barbu1977
15-11-2006, 19:18
Barbiers and Lucky Aggie are in extra time. [hyper]

Tubby Rower
15-11-2006, 19:25
it looks like tofra will be duking it out with BCLG for the BC-award

Melifluous
15-11-2006, 22:16
FC de Snaken 3 - 5 Meli's Manglers

1-0
2-0
2-1
2-2
2-3
3-3
3-4
3-5

muahahahahhahaha

I get 2 players injured for an extra 3 weeks injured [goodjob]

Not gonna beat BCLG but now I have 6 players injured and 1 just bruised :(

[meli]

Melifluous
16-11-2006, 10:59
So it looks like the Semi Finals are :-

The Blue Boys FC vs Meli's Manglers

and

Shabba FC vs Sibultsikud

Should be fun, but if TBBFC field the same team that beat Acoradze I'm gonna get creamed [:p]

[meli]

Tubby Rower
16-11-2006, 13:03
HT went down on me.. who won the Katanga Resistance v. PP SV match? After I know that I'll post the new fixtures

edit nvrmind... Kemal already has

Melifluous
16-11-2006, 13:11

HT went down on me

[col]

[meli]

Tubby Rower
16-11-2006, 13:23
perv

cerebus
23-12-2006, 01:10
I'm a jackass [banned]

[tubs]

Socrates
23-12-2006, 01:42
Fuck. Site is working very bad tonight, and bots use anar's ghost login to spam the hell out of our common ass. [blush2]