PDA

View Full Version : Tiny PBEM

greekguy
17-09-2006, 22:35
This is a spoiler for a epic PBEM game, which is hosted by classical_hero. This game was started on July 23, 2006. Here are the game settings:

70% water, Continents, Normal Climate, Temperate, 4 billion.
Statue of Zeus has also been changed, so Ivory is not a requirement for it.

And here are the players:
1. <s>azzaman333</s>Semental - Scandinavia GMT+10 (+11) azza dropped the game on Turn 6 due to PBEM overload
2. Scratcher - Byzantines GMT +1 (+2)
3. SpiffyKeen7744 - Germany GMT -5 (-4)
4. greekguy- Greeks GMT -5 (-4)

We are currently on Turn 8.

i'll post updates in the coming posts. please feel free to offer advice, give suggestions, or yell at me for doing something stupid. your posts will greatly valued by me, so please post! :)

greekguy
17-09-2006, 22:43
Here's the update for Turn 8:

This map was made by classical_hero, so classical is not playing, but we do get to enjoy the spice that is a manmade map. My start was interesting, with all plains being in my immediate city radius. My first action I took was to hook up my Ivory for the luxury bonus. Due to info gleened from the game thread at CFC, it appears i'm the only who's hooked up a lux so far. I've decided to go for the Philo Gambit, and try to get Republic before 1000 BC. I'll see how well that goes. Here's a pic of my young empire:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/304/tinybeginninger6.jpg

Lastly, this is my first PBEM playing as the Greeks, my favorite civilization in Civ. Hopefully, I'll live up to my nick and whoop ass in this game. ;)

Whomp
18-09-2006, 03:39
Good luck Greek Guy. IIRC Spiffykeen is a very good player.
I'm curious on your opening worker tasks...
Why are you mining the ivory and not irrigating it but more importantly what made you decide to do that over the a cow?
Food is power.

greekguy
18-09-2006, 05:07
i know food is key in the opening game, but i figured getting ivory hooked up was more important than getting the cow tile developed. and since i already had the worker on the road, and since i would be coming back to it later, i decided to develop the ivory, instead of wasting a worker turn.

RegentMan
18-09-2006, 18:18
But you've no use for the ivory right now. An irrigated cow is not something to sneeze at. You could have roaded the ivory, then gone to the cow.

classical_hero
06-10-2006, 17:27
Exactly. I hope that you did not waste too much time on that tile.

greekguy
18-11-2006, 00:59
Turn 33 Update:

Some cool developments to report. I've mapped out my entire continent's coastline, revealing I am sharing a tiny continent with Semental. He's built his 2nd city already, whereas I'm gonna complete my first settler in 5 turns. I'm also building a road to my next city, which will probably be on the forest NW of the warrior/workers stack. Here's a pic of the area:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/727/tiny2430bclj7.jpg

greekguy
11-07-2007, 18:43
for anyone who is interested I'm starting up this spoiler thread again, and there's quite a bit to say, so here we go.

here's the update for turn 79:
A lot has happened since the last update, I now have several cities, and now I'm at war, since Byzantium declared on me and attacked last turn. A Byzantine warrior died attacking Athens, and because the hoplite won. my Golden Age has begun. I'm still not sure what direction I'm going in , so any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated. Here's some pics of my civ to let you get a better feel for my game.

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4641/tiny1025bcii5.jpg

As you can see in the picture, I have a settler down south. He's gonna settle on that spot next turn. I'm also working towards upping my military to fend off the Byzantine attacks. And here's some other stuff to look over:

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/5674/tiny1025bc2mg6.jpg

Again if anyone has any advice or information or suggestions to give me, please go right ahead. :)

BCLG100
11-07-2007, 20:42
you got your GA in depotism? that sucks :(

greekguy
12-07-2007, 05:16
yeah, if it was up to me, that would've never happened, but Byzantine, unprovoked, attacked me. in the long run, it's better to have a Golden Age in despotism (cause of hoplite win) than to lose my capital city due to a hoplite loss.

Calis
08-08-2007, 13:23
Maybe it was his only intention to trigger your GA at this time, as I can see no other Byzantine units.

Didn't you demand him to leave your territory?

Beorn
08-08-2007, 15:15
quote: Maybe it was his only intention to trigger your GA at this time

Probably, and imo it was a good move from him.

greekguy
09-08-2007, 04:52
It's possible that was his only intention but now he's been pillaging my coast with several Dromons. I sunk 1 so far, but 1 escaped, and recently 2 new one popped up on my west coast pillaging more tiles. At this point, it looks like the war won't kill me, but will set me back quite a bit.