PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 5

Socrates
16-09-2006, 23:32
quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 13100 to Corsica Stadium. Corsica tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Ferrier - Manchìa, Irazola, Soudan - Becker, Barykin, Bucci, Alcazar Yunta, Ureta - Roig Molés, Jouanne.

Olympic decided to use a 4-5-1 set up. They fielded: Dartois - Mouysset, Lenoir, Cussac, Plançon - Raud, Laymani, Marouby, Faye, Bach - Benedetti.

It was an obvious ambition of Corsica to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. It was an obvious ambition of Olympic to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. Corsica created a good opportunity to score in the game's 17th minute when Narciso Ureta's hooked ball from the left created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors' defenders had a hard time clearing the ball. Corsica took the lead in the 18th minute, after Jesús Irazola's awkward, but ultimately successful, shot from the right. 1 - 0. Corsica had difficulty finding their positions and their organization dropped to solid. Jean Marouby made a run for the goal in the 31st minute but the home team's far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Olympic's Thierno Faye a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 32nd minute. There was a bit of a mixup on the field as Corsica found themselves out of position and their organization level dropped to weak. Undaunted, Olympic managed to tie it all up in the 36th minute, after Thomas Plançon's lucky free kick. The score was 1 - 1. 1 - 1 was the score after the first half. The game was a stalemate so far, with possession split evenly between the teams.

During the break, Corsica's coach went through the team's tactics yet again, getting them up to solid organization. Daoud Laymani came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 49th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Miguel Ferrier managed to tip the ball to a corner. Corsica seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and they fell to a passable level of organization. After a fine move down the middle Vassili Soudan nearly gave the home side one up in the 71st minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. One of many good passes from Narciso Ureta at the wing was received and skillfully taken care of by Vincent Jouanne, scoring the 2 - 1 goal for Corsica. Lucien Becker gave Corsica supporters even more to cheer about when he increased the lead to 3 - 1 after 83 minutes, following a good exchange of passes on the right that the away team failed to deal with. Possession of the ball saw an equal split between the teams during the forty-five minutes.

Corsica's best player was Alexey Barykin. Giuseppe Bucci turned in a dismal performance, however. Most important Olympic player was Camille Dartois. Thomas Plançon on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.
We had a double 50-50 possession, but my midfield was wretched (low) whereas his was wretched (high). I know there are some other factors here, but can anyone elaborate on what could give this result ? Anyway, his team was better, so no regret, despite a MOTS.

So I guess it's the end, no way of hoping for a promotion. Since the sportive part of the game is not important until next season (I'm in the lowest division), I guess I have to concentrate on the economic part. Let's rejoice : no injury today !! [goodjob]

bed_head7
16-09-2006, 23:57
Posession percentage is a snapshot of the end of the half, so over the game he average a better midfield, but at each half you two were equal. The reason for his being higher to begin with and then lower later on is due to his dropping organization levels. Their organization was weak at the end of the first half, which made you two level. Then, second half his organization was passable, but I guess your stamina is better so that was enough to make you two appear the same at the end of the second half as well.

Darth Pugwash
17-09-2006, 12:29
Really got a monopoly on these threads eh krys? :p

Well later today my evil master plan of counter attacking instead of my normal tactics will be put to the test...probably doomed from the outset by over-thinking and over-analysing though! Ah but we will see.

Socrates
17-09-2006, 13:12
quote:Originally posted by Darth Pugwash

Really got a monopoly on these threads eh krys? :p

My league games are held on Saturday nights, and I guess it's the earliest at CDZ, so... [groucho] I don't mind not posting if you think it's not worth it though. [tongue]

Darth Pugwash
17-09-2006, 13:22
Well you might give someone else a go mr thread hog :p

Just joking ;)

sz_matyas
18-09-2006, 03:57
A convincing 0-4 road victory along with the team previously ahead of me moves me into a solid 2nd place in the division. That and continuing my 4 game streak of no injuries should prove crucial to my remaining 2nd all year unless the leader turns bot, in which case I will have a major dilema.

Spent too much time on research and forgot to schedule a friendly, I'll have to get on that as my trainee is close to popping and hope the injury bug keeps avoiding me.

Aggie
18-09-2006, 07:34
PIC-ed my home match and won 9-1 vs a bot. Next week I will play the 3rd bot in a row and then I have two matches to decide who will win the league and who will be (probably) the nr 2 I hope to have a delirious or satisfied team by then with a wonderful confidence. Hopefully the manager of Susteren United forgets to PIC his games. There's only one team left to threathen my promotion with Susteren United and that team is already 5 points down.

Kingreno
18-09-2006, 08:58
Homeloss: 1-3. Very acceptable and arround the range I intend to loose them.

Did get a +4 to a trainnee though. Oh well...

Tubby Rower
18-09-2006, 12:46
another homeloss. I think that when my next GK gets to Formidable, I'll just buy me a solid GK and a decent forward... I'm getting chacnes, but nothing is going through :(

good news, I sold out my stadium and am now very shallowly in debt (~ $ 5k) :)

Robboo
18-09-2006, 13:33
2-1 loss on the road. I look to be slotting in for 4th in the league now. I made a crucial mistake...I forgot to PIC and play my B squad midfield. He had counterattacking and I may have been able to overcome that if i woudl have loss the midfield. I have one more PIC then I play the number one team back to back.

also had a player pop this week....so that takes away some of the sting :)

Darth Pugwash
18-09-2006, 14:44
A 2-1 loss for me, a real knock on the nose for my title campaign :(

barbu1977
18-09-2006, 17:54
Won 3-1 while picing.

I still have a perfect season so far! But things will soon get ugly as the 4 next matches are the back to back matches against better teams than mine, so i'll be picing away games and motsing home game and who knows!

Kemal
18-09-2006, 20:42
I lost 1-3, and got another 2 injuries bringing the total to 15 weeks of injury in 3 matches, all for A-squad players.

I now have only 12 players fully fit and able to play competitive matches... :(

Mistfit
18-09-2006, 23:25
I lost this week against the best team in my series. This was expected and I was able to keep the score to 0-2 so I am happy with it as it was at my house with a sell out crowd.

Dell19
19-09-2006, 22:51
I lost 3-2 in the cup. Losing my best striker through injury and my second best midfielder through suspension before the match proved costly. The situation in the match was not helped when I had a winger sent off early in the second half. I guess I could have won on a MOTS but didn't really want to destroy my TS. Ah well there is always next season.

BCLG100
20-09-2006, 05:25
I won 6-0, seems im in 4th this season, i can see it slipping to 5th by the end of the next game though.

Socrates
20-09-2006, 21:21
You can't beat Kingreno 2-0 with a 78%-86% possession everyday. :D Man, what a lousy team you have !!! [crazyeye] Hope it'll get well for you. As for me, I like it when a player in disastrous form scores a goal (granted, a penalty kick).

Shabbaman
21-09-2006, 14:53
I just noticed that this weekend I lost against all odds. My opponents midfield was 5% better than mine, and my defense was almost twice as strong as his attack. FUCKING MATCH ENGINE!

Apparently, I got the highest ratings of my whole division this weekend. Not that I'm the best team (I think I deserve to relegate), and looking at the star ratings my guess is that the best teams picced. Perhaps I shouldn't be so negative about my chances in this division. Bah. Stupid game.

socralynnek
21-09-2006, 15:30
I won only 1-0 despite having clearly better ratings. And the goal was a SE withouth I wouldn't even have won.

I am currently first in my league but with 3 teams having same number of points.

After two more hard matches we'll see where this season might go.