PDA

View Full Version : Need help desperately!!!

Moff Jerjerrod
07-09-2006, 12:59
Hi all,

It's been quite some time since I've posted here, but I need your expert help!

I'm currently involved in a PBEM using El Justo's Cold War Mod against 7 other players. Hopefully none of them will see my post here but I know that our civ community is small. Still I need to take that chance as I am in desparate need of advice.

I am playing as the Warsaw Pact and am currently involved in a war against the EU, UK, and USA. They surprised attacked me and took the following cities from me: Berlin, Murmansk, and Talinn. I am absolutely outnumbered in military strength and have no allies who are in a position to lend a helping hand. My navy is gone except for a few subs, my airforce is adequate but badly outnumbered, and I just lost a significant amount of my armoured strength on the battlefields.

My question is do any of you have any tips for taking on 3 human players simultaneously? What are some strategies I can use against them? I can answer any questions you have about my forces and I hope that my opponents don't see this thread.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Tubby Rower
07-09-2006, 13:12
stay on hills and in cities... Build troops that get defensive bonuses. Rush & draft. use your subs to take out any incoming ships. Other than that, I don't think that there is much you can do.

Tell you allies that if they can't send help, that they'll have one less ally soon.

Matrix
07-09-2006, 16:34
What I'd always try to do is to one of your opponents and come up with a really good reason to switch sides. DaveMcW is surprisingly good at that! It still usually never helps, but you gotta do something when you're at the mercy of others.

Rik Meleet
07-09-2006, 16:51
Stop emailing out the save [col]

Darkness
07-09-2006, 17:18
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

What I'd always try to do is to one of your opponents and come up with a really good reason to switch sides. DaveMcW is surprisingly good at that!

Yes. His sales pitch in the CFC pitboss game was very smooth indeed. :)

Whomp
07-09-2006, 20:14
I've talked to El J about this mod and it sounds really cool.

At this point I would play defensively and use their logistics against them. I would assume the Americans will need a lot more time to reinforce so inflicting mass damage on them would seem to make sense.

I've been in that position where I was far away from the main battlefield and when all was said and done the biggest beneficiaries were the countries closest to the battlefield. Play on that with the Americans. Ask them whether they really need to be a part of this conflict when the others would be the only beneficicaries of a land grab.

Moff Jerjerrod
08-09-2006, 00:35
So a little wheelin'and dealin'eh? I'll have to give it a try. I suppose I don't have anything to lose. Thanks guys I'll give it a try. Or maybe I'll stop sending out the save!!!! ;)

By the way if you're interested check out our PBEM game, the one where I'm getting spanked. Skip to the last two or three pages as that is where all the action is. The first 30 turns were pretty peaceful.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=128628

Moff Jerjerrod
12-09-2006, 13:02
So I thought I'd update you all on my current PBEM. The diplomatic efforts to try to sway the US to agree to a ceasefire has ended in failure. He rejected all dealings with us and broke off further diplomatic discussions.

This leaves me still embroiled in a war with 3 human opponents. None of my allies are "ready" yet to help me out. It is clear I've been left out to dry.

Watch what happens when it is my turn.....[doomsol]

Tubby Rower
12-09-2006, 13:08
Yeah sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug. Sorry dude.