PDA

View Full Version : Season 30, Day 3

Socrates
03-09-2006, 01:04
Usual Saturday match report... :)

I played a new team (manager has changed), but he hasn't logged in yet ! Decided to go for a 4-4-2 finally, after considering a 4-3-3 (but my SP player is in wretched form, and I want him in the scorer race). The 1st half is surprisingly short, I'm glad I was working during the match. [mischief]

quote:The 1923 fans in attendance at Lavelanet Arena were roasting in the hot sun. A 4-4-2 alignment was the formation of choice for Lavelanet. The following players had been chosen: Hebert - Hermeland, Tanneau, Eustache, Stern - Ramel, Vernhet, Roche, Delcros - Bobet, Werlen.

Olympic decided to use a 4-4-2 set up. Starters: Dartois - Talfah, Lenoir, Cussac, Mouysset - Macrez, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Raud, Boissonneault.

Thierno Faye hit the ball perfectly in the 5th minute to score for Olympic with a fab long shot. 0 - 1. It was 0 - 1 at the break. This half belonged to Olympic, who controlled the ball 59 percent of the time.

Olympic increased the lead to 0 - 2 as Franz-Josef Daucher scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. At this point in the game, defending their lead became the main priority for Olympic. Hervé Eustache of Lavelanet received a yellow card in the 73rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Hervé Eustache remonstrated furiously with the referee after Lavelanet had another decision go against them. The referee had no alternative but to show him another yellow card and send him from the pitch. David Werlen did everything he could to get one back for his Lavelanet, but keeper Camille Dartois denied him with a spectacular block. Lavelanet's Nicolas Tanneau was shown a yellow card after 79 minutes for slicing down an opponent. In the 79th minute, Olympic nearly put themselves up another goal after Mathieu Boissonneault came through on the left. Fortunately for the home crowd, the keeper made the save. In the 80th minute, Lavelanet's Antoine Roche received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Olympic's Mathieu Boissonneault refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 82nd minute. Olympic dictated play, as they maintained 72 percent of possession.

Lavelanet's top performer was clearly Antoine Roche. Damien Hermeland turned in a dismal performance, however. Camille Dartois performed admirably for Olympic. However, Franz-Josef Daucher made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 2.

EDIT : Oh, question : Did Daucher (my SP guy) score a penalty ? Not sure about it and what caused it...

EDIT2 : BTW, I'm still up for a friendly next week. Please... :)

Kingreno
03-09-2006, 08:27
the 0-2 was indeed a penalty. causes are not given for free kicks and penalties iirc.

Dell19
03-09-2006, 22:19
I won 5-1 in my 5th away match of the season. Also my 5th PIC of the season, the first league match I normalled and lost.

Assuming that my TS is at Walking on Clouds for the cup game I should be able to win on another PIC.

BCLG100
03-09-2006, 23:17
woop i won again

quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Shagpad saw a crowd turnout of 4860. A 3-4-3 alignment was the formation of choice for United. The following players had been chosen: Casbarro - Calderhead, Neumann, Narang - Mertens, Jackson, Vaher, Locke - Maguire, Eggen, Cowan.

bears tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players took the field: Witt - Bajpai, Christou, Repo, LeBaron - Critchlow, Kostelidou, Mair, James - Billingham, Dawson.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 20th minute after a breakthrough from Mels Locke, who, unaided, came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors' keeper. Siemen Eggen of United was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in United's Kalle Vaher putting the lead up to 2 - 0. After this, United lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Michael Jackson almost put United ahead another goal when he curled a free kick over the defensive wall and almost into the net, but the visitors' keeper got there just in time to knock it wide. 2 - 0 was the halftime score. The forty-five minutes were dominated by United, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

In the 52nd minute, United put themselves up 3 - 0 when the visiting defenders lost the ball to Hogan Maguire, who came up from the left and proceeded to coolly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. United added another goal to their lead as Hogan Maguire struck home the 4 - 0 goal after an attack from the left set him up unmarked in front of the keeper. United held the ball, with a clear 73 percent of possession.

United's best player was Jordan Calderhead. Michael Jackson on the other hand, had a terrible day. bears's top performer was clearly Warren Witt. Scott Christou on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

ive won a few recently but really do expect that to change now i start playing the better sides.

Socrates
03-09-2006, 23:26
Man, having Michael Jackson taking the free kicks for your team is just cool. :D He's also your worst player, like mine, but hey, they do score goals regularly...

arne1
03-09-2006, 23:49
The ME was nice to me and gave 6-0 victory, were I was slightly better than the opponent. next up are two contenders the bot team and the the favourite. Goals have been adjusted to stay in this league this season. I have about 1.2 million left, but 3 other teams are just to strong at the moment.

BCLG100
04-09-2006, 00:32
lol krys, he's actually one of my best but i have to play him out of position, might look intogetting someone to cover that position.

Mistfit
04-09-2006, 03:02
I decided to try the 3-4-3 formation to see if I could give the team a needed boost in attack strenght and it seems to have worked. atm I cannot afford good enough trainees to spend on 1/2 training at the wing spot in my league matches so I thought this was a good idea. I scored 5-1 and ended with a passable (very low) Central attack rating.. top it off with a sell out and I am a very happy HT owner.

ProPain
04-09-2006, 07:30
switched to 3-5-2 in preparation for new training and to have a shot at wednesdays'cup match. Played a match against a team that's normally better than me, so it was a calcaluted loss anyway. After leading the entire 1st halve I lost 1-2.

Pity but no biggie.

Shabbaman
04-09-2006, 07:46
I won, despite my two best defenders being injured. This season might end favorable anyway.

Aggie
04-09-2006, 07:47
I won 3-1 vs the shared nr 1 and am now three points away of the new nr 2. I also had a record breaking crowd of a little over 11.000. Next three weeks will be PICs against bots. My only worry is overconfidence. How to handle that?

Robboo
04-09-2006, 07:55
PIC and won as I expected....0-4.

More important...no injuries, solid 3rd in the league, 1 point out of first, 2 out of the top 3 scorers in the league are mine and neither of them are my best set piece shooters.(He sucks at his skills..but set pieces are his thing).

Kingreno
04-09-2006, 09:52
Only 0-3 defeat. Sups to furious.

Darth Pugwash
04-09-2006, 12:02
I won 0-7 on a PIC...the season is going well so far.

Apart from one thing...one of the teams in my league seems to have jumped from being worse than me to being better than me (in defense and midfield) over the off-season. [nowait]

This may have something to do with the 300-000 TSI midfielder he bought last week of course ;) Hopefully he will have broke the bank paying his wages and be forced to sell him before he plays me

edit: it was 0-7 not 0-5...:D

Tubby Rower
04-09-2006, 15:24
I MOTS'ed @ home against one of my main rivals and dominated the midfield. (very high weak vs low poor) I tied the game. So I think that the next thing that I go for will be forwards as my attack leaves something to be desired.

As for the match itself.. I drew 2-2. The match was a ferocious one. 3 players with a yellow, another player (one of his) got 2 yellows, one of mine got a red, he got 2 bandaids and I got a 1 week injury. My new midfielder scored the tying goal in the 73 minute to save me from another loss.

Shabbaman
04-09-2006, 15:32
Tubby, if your midfielders have some decent passing you can play them offensively. That'll boost your offense.

arne1
04-09-2006, 18:37
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I won 3-1 vs the shared nr 1 and am now three points away of the new nr 2. I also had a record breaking crowd of a little over 11.000. Next three weeks will be PICs against bots. My only worry is overconfidence. How to handle that?
Do not worry too much about overconfidence, a bot is tow weak to bother you even if you are overconfident. the only thng that will happen is your midfield will drop. It will still be way stronger that the bot's midfiled and your attack will be strong due to the high confidence. No problem for you.

sz_matyas
05-09-2006, 04:00
Well in my third match in a row against an undefeated team, I managed to pull out a 0-2 victory. I really need to improve my forwards, as they combined for 3 stars and the lack of production made this much closer than it should have been, requiring a special event for a goal and luck for them to miss opportinities. One more match against a currently undefeated team, then I get a few soft games in a row, where I can hopefully make up my woeful goal differential and move up a couple spots. Plus the extra goals would impress the fans to come out and give me money (I hope).

Swingue
05-09-2006, 12:15
lost again, things are looking grim for Swingstars, preparations for VIIth are on their way