PDA

View Full Version : About me and this forum

socralynnek
31-08-2006, 02:17
First of all, shabba, thanks for creating this forum!

My multiplayer games in Civ III and IV by now are:

- the current Civ IV CDZ Pitboss game

I have never played a PBEM but hope to do so in some time.

OTOH I played in some SGOTMs in Team CDZ.

A lot is going on in my private life.

I will marry next week. And I will finish my studies of computer science in two months or so. And I will move to Hanover ( no, not the one where Grahamiam is, the real Hanover...) where my girlfriend already works and lives (but we are both from Saarland). There I'll have high speed internet connection which is very nice...

A (slightly) funny story is how I came to CDZ.
I was active at CFC where I saw someone having a link to Hattrick in his sig (was it akots? I don't remember). Then I started playing Hattrick and saw an announcement of the CDZ in the HT-thread at CFC.
So, I came to CDZ and was only active in the HT-forum for a while until I played with Mistfit and Meli in the SGOTM7 (yeah, it was a three man show although more signed up...) So I finally some CIV connection since then...

Feel free to ask about me, about Civ, about HT or something else...

BTW I like all kind of games and quizzes so maybe I might follow the idea of Barbu and make some kind of quiz or puzzle here (but as you read above don't expect me to do so in the next few weeks)

Swingue
31-08-2006, 08:50
Marry next week, great!
Another one bites the dust :)
Have fun!

Darkness
31-08-2006, 10:33
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

I will marry next week.

Nice...

Getting to CDZ via Hattrick is quite a different way from my entry. I think I got here after I got banned at CFC, when I was suffering from symptoms of spam-withdrawal... [blush2]

Lt. Killer M
31-08-2006, 12:09
hey, congrats! I hope you have a wonderful day that sets a precedent for the many years of slav... erhm, happiness to come :D

Socrates
31-08-2006, 12:18
Wedding ? You said wedding ? Congrats !!! :D Did you also get to wedding via CDZ or what ? ;)

barbu1977
31-08-2006, 13:54
Wedding! that's great news, congrats!

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 13:57
I'd be up for a PBEM in civ3 or civ4. I suck considerably at warfare in each of them, so I'm trying to learn what to do and what not to do the hard way... trial and error. [:p]

Congrats on the wedding. Don't forget to set your lineups before the honeymoon so you don't have to do it during the honeymoon [:p]

socralynnek
31-08-2006, 14:11
Hehe, we are going just for a shirt one week trip to a CenterParc (but one in Germany not in NL)... I hope my then wife let's me go online at least once for a few minutes to arrange a friendly...

And i surely challenge you for a PBEM after that, let's say Civ4?

@krys:Oh, and surely I got to know my wife via CDZ... Are you crazy? Have you ever seen a girl around here? But OTOH the way we got to know is kind of similar crazy cause we got to know at a Mathematics Cup at the national level...

And thanks for the congratulations to all... although she might still say "No"... ;)

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 14:15
quote:Have you ever seen a girl around here?

Furiey is a girl.... Robboo fights like a girl

BCLG100
31-08-2006, 14:29
and tubby talks trash like a girl ;)

congrats on the wedding though socral and centre parcs kicks the ultimate of ass!

Darkness
31-08-2006, 15:46
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

and tubby talks trash like a girl ;)

i thought that was Whomp and me?
IIRC there's whole topic of trash talking between the two of us... [blush2]

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 15:48
Is that the Girls Gone Wild thread?

Darkness
31-08-2006, 16:03
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Is that the Girls Gone Wild thread?

No.

It's in Whomps forum, called "trash talking time" [crazyeye]

But nice guess though. [lol]

PS.: I do recall handbags being mentioned in that thread, so some girly elements are present. [mischief]

BCLG100
31-08-2006, 16:42
*goes to look in that thread-hopefully for some chuckles*

killercane
31-08-2006, 18:55
Congrats on the marriage. I expect to see some pics on here, is Captain Kirk performing the ceremony?

Robboo
31-08-2006, 19:14
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

quote:Have you ever seen a girl around here?

Furiey is a girl.... Robboo fights like a girl

you will pay for that...[charge]
I have you in 3 different games to make you pay.

Thanks for the friendly..hopefully you dont lose to much money.

grahamiam
31-08-2006, 23:00
quote:I will marry next week. And I will finish my studies of computer science in two months or so. And I will move to Hanover ( no, not the one where Grahamiam is, the real Hanover...)

Congrats [beer1] As a wise man once posted, "A man without a wife is incomplete. A man with a wife is finished" :D

btw, the fake Hanover were I live was founded by real Germans in the 1750's ;) Not that this fact makes fake Hanover suck less, but just thought I'd point it out.

Whomp
31-08-2006, 23:13
Hah! To think I'm the only one guy on this forum that's met the only girl on this forum!

Ynnek-- Congrats on your pending marriage!

My one piece of advice. If you're out with the boys and she wants to know what time you'll be home. Either evade the question by saying later or give yourself 2 hours of leeway. If you end up coming home an hour before the alloted time limit you'll be her hero![groucho]

Robboo
31-08-2006, 23:27
quote:Originally posted by Whomp
If you're out with the boys and she wants to know what time you'll be home. Either evade the question by saying later or give yourself 2 hours of leeway. If you end up coming home an hour before the alloted time limit you'll be her hero![groucho]

Unless she is there with her boy friend..then you will be single again.

Rik Meleet
31-08-2006, 23:28
/me has kissed Furiey [whistle]
Never realised that I kissed all the women of CDZ [yeah]

Have a nice wedding, Soc. Wow... next week. That's like... Tomorrow's tomorrow or the day after. Getting nervous ?

Pastorius
31-08-2006, 23:38
Neat. Congrats man! May many happy times follow, and may her whip be gentle ;)

I am getting married next saturday, in case someone forgot.

Rik Meleet
31-08-2006, 23:54
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

I am getting married next saturday, in case someone forgot.
Disclaimer: when I say I, it may or may not include more than one member of this forum. It may include you, although you will not publicly agree. It may also not include you if you dont really feel that way. It could mean you if you were less conservative, you capitalist bastard.[paal]

:D

socralynnek
01-09-2006, 01:52
Sure, I'm a little nervous already... but only partly because of marrying itself. I mean, my girlfriend and me are together since eleven years (very seldom I guess, as I am 25) (except for some weeks that we splitted, but that's also already years ago, man, that was in the Ninties...).
All the organizing and the wedding party and the short honeymoon and all that are making me a little nervous. But also excited, as I hope it will be the only marriage in my life and we'll live happily ever after...

Wow, (almost) all are getting married or getting babies...seems like we are a bunch of old guys...

Robboo
01-09-2006, 02:13
...if you have a twisted sense of humor. Do what I did. At reversal my soon to be wife was walking down the aisle, I turned looked at the best man and yelled "Oh my God what have I done". I then ran past her down the aisle as everyone there stood there with their mouths open. It wasnt until all the groomsmen started laughing that everyone figured out I was screwing around. After that I wasnt nervous any more...and my wife only kicked me in the shin once. And promised to trip me and knock me out if I did that for real.

Socrates
01-09-2006, 02:14
Socral (not Socrates, that's me !), I was asking you if the idea of marrying came to you through visiting CDZ, but you got the joke anyway.

Wow, (almost) all are getting married or getting babies...seems like we are a bunch of old guys...

I am one solid exception (let's even say world-class or titanic). :D

Matrix
01-09-2006, 03:06
It's raining weddings. [crazyeye] Congratulations, socrie! ;)

Rik Meleet
01-09-2006, 11:48
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

...if you have a twisted sense of humor. Do what I did. At reversal my soon to be wife was walking down the aisle, I turned looked at the best man and yelled "Oh my God what have I done". I then ran past her down the aisle as everyone there stood there with their mouths open. It wasnt until all the groomsmen started laughing that everyone figured out I was screwing around. After that I wasnt nervous any more...and my wife only kicked me in the shin once. And promised to trip me and knock me out if I did that for real.
http://209.85.12.231/2135/53/emo/rotflmao.gif

If I ever get married I'll do that. You have my kind of humour.
I take it reversal is a rehearsel ?

Banzai
01-09-2006, 16:58
very nice!! congrats Ynnek :)

ProPain
01-09-2006, 18:29
Congrats Socralynnek. Getting married is a lot of fun!

socralynnek
01-09-2006, 18:44
Especially getting presents, I hope...;) Thanks!

Robboo
01-09-2006, 18:51
if you think ANY of the presents will be fun for you...you need to stop now. ;) Think kitchen crap, bathroom crap, stuff to decorate your shelves with and candles...lots of freaking candle.

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 19:05
and picture frames. I think that we got 20 of them [crazyeye]

Robboo
01-09-2006, 19:59
ah and I bet they are all filled up too on some table in the back of the living room.

I took up wood workign so my wife couldnt buy any more frames without insulting me. :D

Shabbaman
01-09-2006, 20:38

I will marry next week. And I will finish my studies of computer science in two months or so. And I will move to Hanover ( no, not the one where Grahamiam is, the real Hanover...) where my girlfriend already works and lives (but we are both from Saarland).

Hey, that sounds like a lot of big changes. Exciting times!

socralynnek
16-10-2008, 11:18
Wow, over two years that I haven't updated this thread. Strange.

Not that there was nothing happening in the meantime...

I finished university with a diploma in mid 2007 and I am working as a software engineer since July 2007.

Got a nephew in 2007, was in South Africa for 4 weeks in early 2008 and am still playing football, I am also coach of the team since beginning of 2008. But not succesful though.

Still playing Civ and Col, but by far not as much as two years ago when I was still studying.

Since mid 2007 I am also dj and moderator at a small German internet radio (hattrick related).

And the car we bought is also one year old by now (Honda Jazz, I think it is called different in some parts of the world).

And of course I am still married. But as I know someone will be asking: No baby planned in the near future.

Melifluous
16-10-2008, 18:40
But as I know someone will be asking: No baby planned in the near future.

As far as my experience goes these things are rarely planned, merely coped with after the fact :)

Meli

socralynnek
16-10-2008, 19:01
Yeah, and those who plan wait for a few years until it happens...;-)

Lt. Killer M
16-10-2008, 19:51
As far as my experience goes these things are rarely planned, merely coped with after the fact :)

rarely - but ours were planned and.....

Yeah, and those who plan wait for a few years until it happens...;-)

we didn't have to wait at all :D