PDA

View Full Version : ***********Spoiler Cajun vs Texan*************

Robboo
25-08-2006, 19:16
This game came about as an offshoot of the CFC 18 player pitboss. During a diplomatic chat Mauer and I decided we wantd to play more multiplayer. He picked the Greeks and I picked Mali. My great start...spam and gold with financial means I am going for a tech lead. And early swordman catapult attack. My copper is far away but I am building towards it and I am 5 turns from IW.

The game has some AIs. France is my first target. Then I will steam roll right into Greek land. I am controling a narrow choke point..only lettign his scouts past..nothing with attack values. I will probably attack his worker in the next turn.

City number 2
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825191222_Civ4ScreenShot0108.JPG
142.53 KB

Cottage Spam and gold and financial and bureaucracy = tech lead
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825191248_Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG
175.41 KB

choke point
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825191314_Civ4ScreenShot0106.JPG
122.3 KB

soon to be my worker.:)
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825191639_Civ4ScreenShot0105.JPG
97.36 KB

Tubby Rower
25-08-2006, 19:23
in order to control that chok point you need to get another 3 warriors (or bigger units) there and get on the forested hill and an adjacent forest.

Robboo
25-08-2006, 19:32
yep..I have one getting ready to whack his worker and another running up about 4 turns away. Soon to be replaced with some of my Mali UUs with a 20% hill defense and then guerilla I( 20% more) on top of it.

The soon to be mine worker will chop that jungle/forest on his side to have zero defensive bonus. I basically want to keep him from helping France once the shooting..errr stabbing and hacking starts.

Robboo
26-08-2006, 02:16
OK update..no need for pictures.

I stole his worker and I just finsihed Iron working. One problem is Isabella is getting quite bitchy with me..demanded pottery. She is located near him soooooo if he kisses enough butt he may get here to help him.

BCLG100
02-10-2006, 19:13
ok so it says you won in your main thing, are you planning on having an update here so we see how?

Tubby Rower
02-10-2006, 19:30
pictures.. pictures.. pictures..

Robboo
04-10-2006, 17:09
pictures coming guys..I finished this then had to leave..give me a break :) This move is killing me and causing me to lose my hair faster than whomp.

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 17:16
well Whomp's hair loss has diminished.. not because it's falling out less fast.. but because 40% of 20 is only 8 [lol]

mauer
11-10-2006, 21:30
Yes please give us an update. I'm dieing to know how you whacked Mauer! :p

Basically it ended up with him waay outproducing me and waay out teching me. Final turns ended up with knights overrunning a bunch of longbows and axemen. I had to whip my cities down to size just to put up a proper defense. You all know that can only last so long so I began to get outmanned really fast. He conquered all but 3 cities and killed all but 3 units so I retired and let him kill the AI. I think he said it took 5 more turns. Seriously, there was no looking back from there. On the turn I retired I'd guess he had as many units in my territory as I had at my peak, so with 3 units and whipped low producing cities...do the math.

I will say that I'm not as experienced as Rob or most of you, but I think I had a pretty good defense going for quite some time. He just never stinking let up. The reason I never controlled that check point is cause I, well frankly, neglected it as I was busy putting a whooping on Spain. I use the term "whooping" lightly too. Had to make peace and regroup at one point, then redeclared.

At one point I got a Great Engineer so I rushed the Chichen Itza for the +25% defense bonus in all my cities. I could just never match his high production levels. I learned alot from this game, but being my first PBEM I never suspected a worker steal. That really did put me pretty far behind I think. I only had one other worker at that point and two cities IIRC.

Sorry I didn't keep a spoiler for it. I really wished I had so you guys could have helped me out. But I see Rob didn't keep a shining example of a spoiler either ...lol

Robboo
05-11-2006, 13:53
mauer i had missed your response till now...

I must say it was my quick victory over France that gave me the production edge. You got a bad draw with Spain being near you.I have to admit..that worker steel was a sneaky thing to do...glad it worked.