PDA

View Full Version : Q-Match Results..

Mistfit
07-08-2006, 13:12
Well, The Marauders survive a close match to stay in the Vth division :D

Yesterday I happened to catch akots on line and had a lengthy discussion as to what my options were against a Magnificent CA team. It was akots idea to beef up my forward spot so I went out and bought myself a temporary player (I kinda feel like the NY Yankees but...)

I got this guy:
quote:Ivo Knops
TSI = 1 660 , 33 years, passable form
Has formidable experience and weak leadership abilities [Technical]

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: formidable Set pieces: inadequate

That's right... a 33 yr old with Formidable experiance. And lo and behold:

quote:The 6th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a breaking through on the left. Scorer for Mistfits_Marauders was Ivo Knops.

Ivo will be seeing the transfer market very soon :D

The other 2 goals I scored were from an IM.. I don't know what to think of that but I figure it had somthing to do with him being unpredictable??? who know's..

In other interesting news the top guy in my series won his Q-match against a bot from the 4th division.. WoooOOOooOOT. This means another team that I should be able to beat and play against so I think My chances for this season have improved!

Thanks to everyone (except bedhead [backstab]) for your help!

socralynnek
07-08-2006, 13:15
Well done Mistfit! Congratulations!

tofra
07-08-2006, 13:16
Great Mistfit! Congratulations with the result!!

Tubby Rower
07-08-2006, 13:38
Congrats Kevin!! I was looking for Simon's Q-Match, but he didn't have one. I guess league 6 in England only has 2 teams that potentially move down.

My #1 lost his Q-match by the same score as your match Mistfit. I was hoping that he would lose, as the guy he was playing was significantly better than anyone else in our league.

bed_head7
07-08-2006, 13:52
Why the animosity here? I only told him that you would likely beat him, and he would need good luck. Which he didn't have in the game, which may have contributed to the win. Anyways, I'll say again, congrats.

Kemal
07-08-2006, 14:13
Just some innocent joking around I think bed_head, we know you haven't "betrayed" Mistfit's team in any way. :)

Mistfit
07-08-2006, 14:19
Yes Bedhead it was said in jest [mistfit] I have to give someone a hard time.. you just happened to be the target of my barb today :D

Kemal
07-08-2006, 14:41
Btw, on the topic of Q-matches, while I didn't have to play there have of course been matches played having an effect on my league.

It turns out the no6 in my league lost his match while the champion of my league won, causing a IV team to demote in my division.

Now for the bad part: look at the ratings of these 2 new teams entering my division!! [eek]

The IV team:

FC De Sprint
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: poor (very high)
Right Defence: brilliant (very low)
Central Defence: magnificent (high)
Left Defence: outstanding (very low)
Right Attack: excellent (high)
Central Attack: weak (high)
Left Attack: solid (low)

And the newcomer from VI:

Anarkhein
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: brilliant (low)
Right Defence: passable (high)
Central Defence: formidable (very high)
Left Defence: solid (high)
Right Attack: solid (low)
Central Attack: formidable (very high)
Left Attack: formidable (very high)

[scared]

arne1
07-08-2006, 22:13
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Btw, on the topic of Q-matches, while I didn't have to play there have of course been matches played having an effect on my league.

It turns out the no6 in my league lost his match while the champion of my league won, causing a IV team to demote in my division.

Now for the bad part: look at the ratings of these 2 new teams entering my division!! [eek]

The IV team:

FC De Sprint
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: poor (very high)
Right Defence: brilliant (very low)
Central Defence: magnificent (high)
Left Defence: outstanding (very low)
Right Attack: excellent (high)
Central Attack: weak (high)
Left Attack: solid (low)

And the newcomer from VI:

Anarkhein
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: brilliant (low)
Right Defence: passable (high)
Central Defence: formidable (very high)
Left Defence: solid (high)
Right Attack: solid (low)
Central Attack: formidable (very high)
Left Attack: formidable (very high)

[scared]

You are in luck, the guy that comes from VI is quitting. And apparently he die some kind of divine trick to just win this match. So you will only have to deal with him for halve a season. But this guy from IV is also pretty good.

In other news Shabba has survived his Q-match an will Stay up in V.

BCLG100
07-08-2006, 22:24
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Congrats Kevin!! I was looking for Simon's Q-Match, but he didn't have one. I guess league 6 in England only has 2 teams that potentially move down.

My #1 lost his Q-match by the same score as your match Mistfit. I was hoping that he would lose, as the guy he was playing was significantly better than anyone else in our league.

Yup only 2 teams to go down, that and i did come 5th so i didnt do so badly for my first full season!

Kemal
07-08-2006, 22:26
@arne: I know he's quitting, but I kinda fear these divines will be stuck in a standard-lineup for at least half a season... but at least he is selling most other player now. Plus, I just managed to get the Belgian national coach to start a procedure to put his divine PM (Belgian international) on the TL. [yeah]

Melifluous
08-08-2006, 00:46
So I had to play a qualifying match to stay in the division.

Both the bot teams auto-relegated mainly due to me throwing a match against a team that might have had trouble.

An Epic Match Ensued!

quote:
The 21798 spectators at Meli's Manglers Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Robinson - Hoff, Carrol, Denise - Quigley-Parks, Carroll, Sprengen, Mottram, Haugstad - Corrales Ortega, Menon.

A 3-4-3 alignment was the formation of choice for reserves. The following players took the field: Ricaurte - Rossy, Carson, Carnegie - Stoenescu, Klešnik, Gunay, Barciela - MacRankin, Clarke, Tonon.

reserves clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. The 7th minute saw a great chance for Manglers to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Albert Hoff alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. reserves's Callum MacRankin was shown a yellow card after 10 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Manglers's Rick Sprengen was shown a yellow card after 19 minutes for slicing down an opponent. A loud groan was heard from the fans of reserves, as Callum MacRankin left the pitch in too much pain to finish the match. Gregor Racine took his place on the field. Many thought Chinnakannu Menon ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 21st minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors' keeper Carlos Hernán Ricaurte. The 25th minute saw a great chance for Manglers to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. In the game's 33rd minute Manglers's Matthew Robinson limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. After 37 minutes, Manglers raised their score by one when Andy Quigley-Parks's dangerous low cross was cleverly tucked in at the near post by Nils Haugstad. 1 - 0. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 81 percent possession of the ball.

Manglers put in a good effort on the right, but Rick Sprengen saw his volley fly wide of the mark in the 49th minute. Roddy Carroll of Manglers was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Manglers's Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 74th minute. Stephen Mottram wasn't much help defensively. His energy-consuming forward pulls proved quite costly in the oppressive heat. reserves caught their opponents out with a clever counterattack down the right wing in the 84th minute. Gregor Racine was able to finish off the move - 1 - 1. In the 85th minute, Manglers's Albert Hoff received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. This half belonged to Manglers, who controlled the ball 84 percent of the time.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. Manglers were awarded a penalty in the 106th minute of play, but Bill Carrol's shot skimmed just wide. There was still no winner after 30 minutes of extra time so the teams had to select a lineup for a penalty contest to settle the result.

Manglers's Bill Carrol hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 1. reserves's Frano Klešnik coolly put the ball past Matthew Robinson. 1 - 2. Manglers's Andy Quigley-Parks was relaxed as he smoothly put the ball in the net. 2 - 2! reserves's Jonathan Carnegie didn't hesitate but Matthew Robinson managed the save, resulting in an unchanged 2 - 2 score. Manglers's Roddy Carroll made no mistake. Carlos Hernán Ricaurte didn't have a chance. 3 - 2. reserves's Kurt Carson drove the ball hard to the corner but couldn't get it past a stretched out Matthew Robinson. The score remains 3 - 2. The crowd was awed by Rick Sprengen's finely placed shot for Manglers making it 4 - 2. reserves's Carlos Hernán Ricaurte cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn't produce a goal. Manglers's Stephen Mottram made no mistake. Carlos Hernán Ricaurte didn't have a chance. 5 - 2. Overwhelmed by the pressure, reserves's Simon Clarke put the ball right into the waiting arms of Matthew Robinson. The scores stays 5 - 2.

Most important Manglers player was Rick Sprengen.However, Bill Carrol made a disastrous appearance. reserves's best player was Joche Gunay. On the other hand, Gregor Racine's play was disheartening. The match ends 5 - 2.

Always nice when the part of my team I hadn't set (the penalty takers) win the match for me [goodjob]

[meli]

Tubby Rower
08-08-2006, 12:40
woo hoo a shootout. it looks like the other guy didn't set his up either [:p]

yndy
08-08-2006, 14:37
I won my qualifier 3-1. Makes me feel happy I stay another season in V.

Darth Pugwash
15-08-2006, 00:13
I lost my qualifier 5-4, so another season in VI for me.