PDA

View Full Version : FASTBALL - Testers needed!

Energy
04-08-2006, 09:04
Tofra and me have been developing an online management game and we have now reached Alpha phase. We're looking for enthusiastics testers to find any bugs in our system.

It's about a Sci-Fi brutal team sport, where two teams try to trash eachothers brains in with an Iron ball and in the mean time make some goals! (For the insiders, it's loosely based on the old PC game Speedball - Brutal de luxe)

Please visit: http://www.fastball.nl

Pastorius
04-08-2006, 09:20
[whatsthis So Dutchies are keen on making online games these days?

Looked at the url, but for some reason I could not load the Rules page - was this an error, or is this not finished yet?

socralynnek
04-08-2006, 09:52
me couldn't read the rules too, I guess that's part of the game, that there are no rules...

Speedball - brutal de luxe....ahhhh....long ago.....

Ice cream! Ice cream!

Energy
04-08-2006, 10:17
Rules is indeed something we still need to implement. Using our basic Hattrick knowledge should get you very far though!

Keep that feedback coming!

Socrates
04-08-2006, 10:32
I loved Speedball Deluxe on my old Atari !! :) Will try that this weekend...

Kingreno
04-08-2006, 11:43
Looks nice guys!

I'll be on holiday for two weeks from now but after that I will keep a close eye on it.

tofra
04-08-2006, 11:46
Me too! where will you go? I'm going to Portugal for two weeks (from monday). After that Energy has at least 1000 idea's worked out, so I can program them, he prommised! :-)

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 13:52
why do you need our address? And why isn't the US on there? I've almost completed the signup process, but I'm thinking about just putting junk in those fields.

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 13:58
I noticed two words that aren't exactly correct on the first page. Although I understood the meaning, I put strike-thru tags around the incorrect words and put the correct word next to it. quote:In the year 2032 the last of the oil reserves have been depleted. The world's top engineers have been looking for a feasible alternative in vain for decades. A major Wall street crash is just the starting point of the nearing end of the human race. In the year 2048 only a few major cities have been able to survive the rebellions that have terrorized the world in the last 16 years. With limited energy supplies, most people in the city states are living on the streets and are a pest to the diminishing nobility, who <s>life</s>live in the skyscrapers, far away from the commoners, thieves and the incurable ill. To divert the people's attention from their misery, the nobility has created entertainment for the people:

FASTBALL

The toughest men and women on the planet compete on live and death. Fastball is the commoners only <s>change</s>chance off glory in a hopeless world. For the nobility it has become an interesting source of income.

As part of the nobility, you will manage your own Fastball team. Recruit the vilest of the vile to do some serious damage and earn some bucks by selling that on a t-shirt.

BEWARE OF THE BALL

socralynnek
04-08-2006, 14:58
what do you expect, they are Dutch...
(For Germans Dutch sounds like some funny German dialect)

tofra
04-08-2006, 16:47
@Tubby: you have a team right now. And indeed as socralynnek already metioned, we are dutch.. :-) So don't shoot us when we have misspelled something ;) But great that you want to test, and verify everything. I've also added alot of other countries, so you could select USA ;)
Right now we are working on redesigning the website (layout). And also a match report is unavailable (but the match is completely calculated). I will start working on that when i'm back from holiday..

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 17:14
A couple other notes from me searching around (btw, don't worry about the words, and I'll stop telling you abou them if you really don't care [:p] )

- grey/white text on the grey background is difficult to read (maybe change the background or make the background solid instead of "bumpy"
- I couldn't figure out how to look at other leagues so I spammed friendly challenges to every team with an id 1-50
- sorting team players by OSS, age, etc would be nice (I understand it'll be eventually)

Do you want feedback here or in the forum? I've registered over there so I could spam that forum instead of just this thread :D

tofra
04-08-2006, 17:32
@Tubby: please let me know everything what's wrong with the language.. I had hardcoded everything, but now i'm creating a language template. Our first template is english, and as you know, we aren't English, so we may write things down in Dutch-English. As you are from the US, you know the best how to write thing gramatically correct.
About the text, we've noticed that it is hard to read. This template is just ripped of the internet, and it's not what we expected it to be. So a friend of mine told me he would try to make a new website. I've give him some examples, and he will work on that during my holiday.. When i'm back I hope we can implement the new webtemplate.
Sorting stuff of the players is planned.

You can choose yourself where you give feedback, here or on our forum. I also don't know if we keep the forum, that's something Energy and I need to discuss. (as we can use this board ;))

Did you saw any errors or other weird things when you were playing around? (btw: you can change you country ;))

socralynnek
04-08-2006, 17:39
since when do people from the US know proper English (anyone else here I can bash for his language?)...

beware tofra and Energy, if I now get Dutch Spam phone calls, I know exactly who sold my number...

romeothemonk
04-08-2006, 18:09
The language is a lot of past tense uses, but I have formed the Meantime Monks

I will take on some others in the games

BCLG100
04-08-2006, 18:33
i formed BC's Bashers, is there any reason why we have to give such personal info to join the site (phone number, etc)?

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 18:55
I just went through my squad and it appears as though I have a bunch of charismatic, good personality guys. What in the world does that do on the field?

Obviously Keeper skill is good for the Goal Tending position. but what about the others? I figure that this could go into the rules eventually, but I have a match in 2 days. I'll likely lose but I figured I would ask anyway.

romeothemonk
04-08-2006, 19:06
I have a match with Tubby in 5 days.

Dynomite!!!

I hope we play it at my Preperation H stadium

If that is too offensive, Ill change it to the Stupid Flander's Stadium

tofra
04-08-2006, 19:18
We have decided to remove the personal address information (and also delete the current supplied information).

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 19:19
I just put that I live @ 123 Any St. with a phone number of 123-456-7890 [:p]

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 19:39
I just noticed that BCLG is last in leage II-1. It seems as though you can't get away from last place [lol]

tofra
04-08-2006, 19:50
Lol!

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 20:11
how much can we go into debt? Energy has this gal for sale

Ciara Bekkers € 1000000 (opening price)

Belongs to: Eindhoven Energy Stamina: weak (4) Leadership: weak (4)
OSS: 240 Strength: wretched (2) Charisma: poor (3)
Deadline: 06-08-2006 17:07 Dexterity: poor (3) Personality: excellent (8)
Throwing: weak (4) Keeper: disastrous (1)

we only start with 300k, so was this a typo or is he looking for some dumb bloke to bid on her?

Robboo
04-08-2006, 20:18
I signed up..figured I can beat up on BC.

tofra
04-08-2006, 20:33
Well, that's the funny thing about this.. You can't go into debt... So this guy will not be sold.. :-)

One of the future ideas is to get a loan, but that's fase two.

Robboo
04-08-2006, 20:39
Looks interesting. I like that we can look at three players in the youth squad. More realistic instead of a lottery

tofra
05-08-2006, 01:16
New function added: in the friendly screen, you can search a team by name.. And for the technical users here: it's done by using ajax-technology (and no, it's not the soccer club)

And now i'm going to bed...

Energy
05-08-2006, 10:23
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

how much can we go into debt? Energy has this gal for sale

AH, I just used her to show somebody how to put a player on the TM.

I just went through my squad and it appears as though I have a bunch of charismatic, good personality guys. What in the world does that do on the field?

Charisma is used as part of the amount of people showing up at your home matches. If you have alot of popular players, more people will show up.

Personality decides if a player is more willing to kill [backstab] another player or to kiss him. [blush]

I'll start today with explaining all the different playerskills

tofra
05-08-2006, 18:49
Lol! I've uploaded the [backstab] icon to our forum too ;) I think it will fit by our game.. haha

Tubby Rower
05-08-2006, 19:57
aaahhh maintenance [backstab]

tofra
05-08-2006, 23:04
haha! Your are not expecting that we are better then the HT buddies?? ;) Or do you???

Robboo
06-08-2006, 22:38
hey BC.. I see you are trying to be last in another game....

16-2 [backstab]Did you field a team or was that a bunch of girl scouts.[assw]

Melifluous
06-08-2006, 23:38
quote:In the year 2032 the last of the oil reserves have been depleted. The world's top engineers have been looking for a feasible alternative in vain for decades. A major Wall street crash is just the starting point of the <s>nearing</s> near end of the human race. In the year 2048 only a few major cities have been able to survive the rebellions that have terrorized the world in the last 16 years. With limited energy supplies, most people in the city states are living on the streets and are a pest to the diminishing nobility, who <s>life</s>live in the skyscrapers, far away from the commoners, thieves and the incurable ill. To divert the people's attention from their misery, the nobility <s>has</s> have created entertainment for the people:

FASTBALL

The toughest men and women on the planet compete <s>on</s> for <s>live</s> life and death. Fastball is the commoners only <s>change</s>chance <s>off</s> of glory in a hopeless world. For the nobility it has become an interesting source of income.

As part of the nobility, you will manage your own Fastball team. Recruit the vilest of the vile to do some serious damage and earn some bucks by selling that on a t-shirt.

BEWARE OF THE BALL

Not a criticism, just an English version of your excellent intro.

Added to Tubby's comments, but bless him he's only American ;) and speak English worse than the French :D

Good luck in all you do and I will sign up and stuff when I get back to work tomorrow :D:D:D

[meli]

[goodjob]

Melifluous
06-08-2006, 23:42
quote:Originally posted by tofra

And for the technical users here: it's done by using ajax-technology

Isn't that the new asynchronous Java technology that Google will be bringing in shortly?

How are the bandwidth costs? I think it's sneaky to use a users bandwidth kinda without permission but that Ajax stuff looks damn fine.

[goodjob]

[meli]

tofra
07-08-2006, 00:46
Thanks Melifuous! I've change the text.

This is what w3c says about ajax:
quote:
AJAX is an acronym for Asynchronous JavaScript And XML.&gt;

AJAX is not a new programming language, but simply a new technique for creating better, faster, and more interactive web applications.

AJAX uses JavaScript to send and receive data between a web browser and a web server.

The AJAX technique makes web pages more responsive by exchanging data with the web server behind the scenes, instead of reloading an entire web page each time a user makes a change.

And HT already uses ajax (and probably a lot of other websites).. A simple example are your messages on the top (if you are a supporter) and the number of online users.. This will be updated even if you aren't doing anything on the page.
And bandwidth isn't a problem yet.. I've 1MB up, so I think we would be ok until we have about 1000 players.. Also i'm trying to be as efficient as possible regarding traffic (and server activity, like DB transactions)..

Tubby Rower
07-08-2006, 13:03
when does training take place? Do fewer players for each trainer increase the effect for each player?

tofra
07-08-2006, 13:21
Training takes place on friday at 01:30h. Fewer players doesn't affect the trainingintensity. We are going to make little green and red arrows if there is an in/decreasement in skill. Right now for everybody, but when we are going live, this will be for supporters only...

And if somebody would like to make a program a-la Hattrick Organizer, I would like to work with him to create that! :-)

Tubby Rower
16-08-2006, 19:38
I have a player up for bid..

quote:Kas Demeuleneire € 30000

Belongs to: Tubby Smashers Stamina: wretched (2) Leadership: poor (3)
OSS: 2246 Strength: weak (4) Charisma: passable (6)
Deadline: 17-08-2006 18:15 Dexterity: weak (4) Personality: outstanding (10)
Throwing: weak (4) Keeper: disastrous (1)

Also I've played 3 games so far and no income. I might give up on this since theirs only places to spend money and no opportunity for income. :(

Energy
17-08-2006, 08:28
Hi Tubby, We'll put the income part on when Tom's back from vacation. It's indeed a crucial part which needs testing. Every game needs a good balance between income and expenditures to become playable. I've played loads of games where this balance was gone and money became worthless or rare. (eg Diablo, KoC) and then the fun is quickly gone. A game like this needs a good balance between the fixed costs (like salaries) and "fixed" income like entree fees. In my opinion, to make it fun, even teams who are loosing games, should still be able to make progress by making some money and buy better players. In that way, everybody sees progress and they will hopefully stick around longer. :D

yndy
17-08-2006, 13:05
Hi,finally logged on to my team and set up the default line-up. I hope I can win some games. :)
My comments so far:
- aren't part of the players supposed to die or at least be crippled? Is this not turned on yet? This could be your major differentiator and could work. Violence sells. :)
- the denominations are too hattrick-like. To be able to get this one out of beta, you need to get rid of those and find some new ones, I'm sure it's possible, but a hattrick clone might pose legal problems for you. The way players abilities are written is also very hattrick-like.
- Don't make it too complicated from the beginning, it's good you have not activated some attributes, but please explain how the others are supposed to function; what does a midfielder or defender need?

Swingue
18-08-2006, 11:37
Hi Energy,

I wonder one thing, won't you get into problems with Hattrick by copying some of their game-elements?

Energy
21-08-2006, 08:33
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

Hi Energy,

I wonder one thing, won't you get into problems with Hattrick by copying some of their game-elements?

Oh, I'm not to worried about that. This is only phase one of the game, which you are seeing here. In phase two we will add some game elements, which will look nothing at all like hattrick. And as long as we are not making money off of this, I can't imaging there being any problem.

In the first phase, we are only concerned about the basic game elements, like player set up, number of goals/injuries/deaths and financial balance. Phase two will bring all the extras, which will make the game worth while to keep playing in the long run. I can't tell you too much about this now, other then that we are planning to end phase one in Octobre.

But indeed, some current elements need some tuning, away from hattrick. there's lots of work to be done!

Tubby Rower
22-08-2006, 14:04
I noticed that the match descriptions are up, but they are in Dutch I presume. So unfortunately I can't tell what happened to one of my trainees that now has a +12 injury [&gt;:(]

Why did the injuries get turned on but the match income is still not?

Energy
22-08-2006, 16:55
Hi Tubby,

The good news is that the injury is only 12 days, not weeks orso. The bad news indeed, that we're still working in the income part. There this is a test, I wouldn't bother myself when you get in the red with your numbers. Tom and I will reset the balance sheet for everybody, when we start with the income (hopefully this week or next).

Tubby Rower
22-08-2006, 17:28
quote:Tom and I will reset the balance sheet for everybody, when we start with the income (hopefully this week or next).So my sold player for 30k to Tom will be nullified. That completely sucks. Also it will hamper those who don't upgrade their training before then. Since salaries aren't coming out yet either, I would personally prefer that you not reset the economy.

EDIT:: After thinking about this some more... I realize that this is ALPHA testing and that I shouldn't expect that advantages that I get this early will be carried through to the end product. But I can hope [:p]

Energy
23-08-2006, 08:20
Hi Tubby, I'll discuss this with Tom and we'll let you know. We'll try to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

tofra
03-09-2006, 00:46
This week changes:
- The economy scheduler has been created. Now income is generated from a match being played, salary of players is paid, stadium costs are paid, staff costs are being paid.
- The match engine has been improved, and now creates match reports! Please see our forum if you can help us with translations.

I hope to be able to put a new website design online tomorrow!

tofra
03-09-2006, 23:22
The new website is online! Check it out, and let us know if you like it!

BCLG100
03-09-2006, 23:27
ive forgotton all my details is there anyway to recover them or should i just sign up again???

tofra
03-09-2006, 23:31
That function isn't available. But I can reset your password. I'll send you a PM.

BCLG100
04-09-2006, 00:30
ah right k cheers, ive no idea what my password was as ive used up all the likely passwords id use.

BCLG100
04-09-2006, 00:33
ok i keep trying to login, type in my details in the top right corner, hit the button and then nothing happens except from my details being deleted from that box, not sure whats going on :S

tofra
04-09-2006, 10:19
Sorry, my fault, try again..
I also added a message so you can see what's wrong..

BCLG100
04-09-2006, 12:24
Woop my last game i beat tubs!!! :D

where should i look for the message tofra?

tofra
04-09-2006, 13:20
If you enter the wrong password while loggin in.. (because this was what you did, because I updated your pwd wrong)

BCLG100
04-09-2006, 13:47
lol oh right ok :)

tofra
05-09-2006, 23:28
Hey guys, come on! I need you help in making Fastball a success.. Please tell us what you think of it, if you think something needs to be changed/improved or anything else!!

Thanks in advance!!

BCLG100
05-09-2006, 23:37
a program like hattrick needs to be made so i understand just wtf to do! ;)

also could do with some bot teams (does it have any?) to get the transfer market going.

just my ideas anyways

Tubby Rower
06-09-2006, 12:30
Yeah.. I've given my opinion on stuff. I like the new menus and background. It's easier to read. [thumbsup]

tofra
06-09-2006, 12:59
@BCLG100: for the transfer marktet we need to think out a strategy what should take care of getting more people on the transfer market. But most important is that people login, and play the game, and also selling players, and buying players. We can't change that.
Also bot teams are in the game, but they can't sell/buy players.

@Tubby:
Al you suggestions/remarks/questions have been fullfilled :-)
quote:
1 grey/white text on the grey background is difficult to read (maybe change the background or make the background solid instead of "bumpy"
2 I couldn't figure out how to look at other leagues so I spammed friendly challenges to every team with an id 1-50
3 sorting team players by OSS, age, etc would be nice (I understand it'll be eventually)
4 when does training take place? Do fewer players for each trainer increase the effect for each player?
5 Why did the injuries get turned on but the match income is still not?

1) We have a new website (which was a pitty to make!)
2) Other leagues/players/teams can be found on the "Tools-&gt;Search" menu
3) Sorting players is available
4) Training takes place at Friday 01:30 FB-time (which is CET), the effect of training is depending on ability of the coach, age of player and level of training facility
5) It was finished earlier :-) Now every (basic) element is turned on.

So keep other things comming! (btw: inviting new people will be appriciated! ;)

Tubby Rower
06-09-2006, 13:20
How will you know if your player dies?

Do injured players get training?

Do you plan on making an exportable file for teams similar to an hrf? if so I could try to make a simple program (that I'm sure will increase in size over time) to help people similar to HO!

tofra
06-09-2006, 14:40
In the match report you see that a player has died, and at the players detail you see an cross-image. And Injured players are not getting a training. It's in the rules, and yes, it's a really rules list yet, but as i'm not so well in writing in English, i'm looking for someone with a lot of fantasy who can help us. :-)

And about the HRF functionality: That's a great idea! I already thought about that, but I don't know anybody who creates programs. And as I'm already keeping FB online, I don't have time to create a program a-la HO. But if you create programs we can work together to create that! I prefer XML, like &lt;players&gt;&lt;player&gt;&lt;id&gt;156&lt;/id&gt;&lt;firstname&gt;Iza&lt;/firstname&gt;&lt;lastname&gt;Decoo&lt;/lastname&gt;&lt;/player&gt;&lt;/players&gt;
Let me know if you're interested!

tofra
06-09-2006, 23:21
Does anyone know where I can find a list of names from the UK/US? I need at least 200 women firstnames, 200 men firstnames, 200 women lastnames and 200 men lastnames.. (or if somebody can make a list....) At that point you can have English/USA named players!

Robboo
07-09-2006, 02:50
hmmm....Just name them all Rob :)

I have some links for first names when we were loking at kids names...its on the othrr computer I will look later for you.

Tubby Rower
07-09-2006, 12:01
just go to whitepages.com (phone book website). You can get last names from there. Babycenter.com has a list of baby name suggestions.

tofra
09-09-2006, 00:25
Tubby (or any other american/english speaking human :-))
Can you verify if this is written correctly? If not, can you adjust it? This is what I want to send to people who haven't logged in in 6 weeks..

Hi &lt;username&gt;,

Your team is desperate waiting for you to come back from your sebaticle! Since you are on a sebaticle, it's a mess in the team. Matches are being played, but no game is going as it should. Players are arguing with each other. It's abvious that you should take control as soon as possible. Some players already threatend to leave the team if you won't come back in two weeks.

Let's login at http://www.fastball.nl with your username &lt;username&gt; to prevent losing your team.

Greetings,
The Fastball staff

Robboo
09-09-2006, 01:00
Spelling correction..."sebaticle" is spelled "sabatical". "abvious" should be "obvious"

There are a few awkward wordings. I rewrote it...have someone else look at since I am dyslexic.

Your team is desperately waiting for you to come back from your sabatical! Since you are on sabatical, your team is a mess. Matches are still being played but your missing leadership is causing confusion amongst your players. Some players are even arguing with each other. It's obvious that you should take control as soon as possible to correct these problems. Some players already threatend to leave the team if you won't come back in two weeks.

Please login at http://www.fastball.nl with your username &lt;username&gt; to prevent losing your team.

Tubby Rower
09-09-2006, 20:07
yeah what he said

tofra
09-09-2006, 20:17
Thanks Robboo! Now let's hope I've never send this email to someone.. :-)

Robboo
10-09-2006, 00:31
Glad I can help Tofra... I am always willing to help in the future.

Tubby Rower
11-09-2006, 15:02
I have a question... .the top 2 teams in division II-1 don't play each other. I just checked their schedules and they haven't played this season and aren't scheduled to. This seems odd to me.

tofra
11-09-2006, 16:20
Do you mean "TryingToMakeIt" and "The Royal Milfs"? They have played a match July 16th and the gonna play again on October 15th. Or do I miss something?

Tubby Rower
11-09-2006, 16:21
oh I'm an idiot ... I didn't look at future matches or archived matches.

Robboo
11-09-2006, 18:32

oh I'm an idiot ... I didn't look at future matches or archived matches.

Tubby...I dont think either one of us can catch them. :) But enjoy finishing below me. :)

tofra
15-09-2006, 21:39
Does anyone have some experience with tiny_mce?

yndy
17-09-2006, 20:19
Nice to hear that you'll change the appearance to less hattrick-like in the future.

I add some ideas of how this game should work in my idea.

Nice to hear that players can die, I hope the chance is as significant as 1% per match or so, because this would regulate the number of players in the game.

I suggest to have three types of injuries:
- minor injuries - healed in up to 1 month. Some of them (say 10%) should lead to loss of up to 1 level of skill depending on where is the player hit (dexterity for hand, speed for feet, IQ for head, stamina for chest etc);
- serious injuries - permanent injuries, player can play after a period between 3 weeks - 2 months. Injury leads to crippling. Player loses most of the time (80% of time) from 1 level to 50% of skill. Future training speed is penalised up to 50%. Some time (20%) players suffers permanent damage -&gt; skill to zero -&gt; similar to death but player can still become coach.

-death

I don't think healing of injuries should be age related.

I think injuries should not be just some events, it should be occasions. So if a match has 20 plays, 16 can be goal opportunities and 4 can be injury opportunities which ca br hit or missed too.

Energy
22-09-2006, 15:21
Hi Yndy, those are some nice ideas you have. The crippling / losing skill part would actually work well in combination with some of the things we have lined up for phase 2 of the game. What would you think about futuristic tech doctors and cybernetic human implants? We are talking SF here, right?

There should be a significant amount of dead players. Just enough to make it interesting and not too much so u'll end up without any players on the field.

What do you guys think of the match report so far? Does it give enough inside in what happens during the game?

yndy
26-09-2006, 07:15
Yeah, I get it all except this line:
"Met een prachtige redding kon Leon Luijsterborgh van Tubby Smashers voorkomen dat z'n ploeg een tegendoelpunt kreeg"

OK for implants, sounds great.

Tubby Rower
26-09-2006, 12:34
That's the second time he's been hurt. Stupid goalies needed to catch the ball with their hands not their heads.

tofra
26-09-2006, 12:59
Haha! Mine's injured to! :-(

tofra
26-09-2006, 13:05
@Tubby: Is it possible that you can create a list with american player names (first and last names)? I've check the whitepages, but then I need to specify at least two lastname characters. I have found a list with the top 100 popular first names for men and women. But I need more...

If you're not interested, just let me know, no problem!

@all: any help you can offer is welcome! A list with player names from your own country would be great! (I saw some German and Canadian people.. ;)

Tubby Rower
26-09-2006, 13:49
last (family) names for Americans
Venters (mine)
Clemson (one famous guy)
Moore
Lewis
Smith
Bailey
Anderson
Austin
Bishop
Bryant
Cash
Coleman
Dalton
Douglas
Edwards
Englehart
Ferguson
Floyd
Garrett
Green
Harvey
Hobbs
Hutchinson
Irvine
Ivey
James
Jennings
Johnson
Jones
Kent
Lambert
Lloyd
MacKenzie

I'll get back with you for first names... I just went through my phone book and picked a few names out of each letter. I'll go though and pull out first names later today.
Martin
Miller
Nicholson
Otis
Overstreet
Phillips
Quesenberry
Randolph
Rhodes
Russell
Scruggs
Shannon
Skibinski
Sparrow
Taylor
Trent
Turner
Updike
Underwood
Vandergriff
Vaughan
Walden
Walsh
White
Woods
Yates
Young
Zaorski
Zimmerman
Kingsley
Gunter
Davis
Allen

tofra
26-09-2006, 22:24
Great thanks Tubby!! I've loaded these names in the DB already.. If you have more lastnames, and firstnames, just post them (or PM). The minimum we should have is about 200 lastnames. Else the number of players with the same lastname will occur to much..

Thanks!! And.... Everybody should take an example on Tubby! :-)

tofra
29-09-2006, 21:16
Hey Tubby,

Do you have some first names? And anyone else, if you have some names, just post them!

Thanks!!

barbu1977
29-09-2006, 22:03
For French-Canadian names,

http://www.rrq.gouv.qc.ca/Interactif/PR2I121_Prenoms/PR2I121_Prenoms/PR2SPrenoms.aspx?

This is the list of first names given to babies in Quebec since 2000. Blue for guys, yellow for the ladies.

Since we like the our first names to be a bit bilingual, many of them are good to use in english.

EDIT:
I found this for the top 1000 quebec family names:
http://www.stat.gouv.qc.ca/donstat/societe/demographie/noms_famille/noms_famille_1000.htm

This for family names France:
http://nom-de-famille.linternaute.com/

This for family names Belgium: (Wallon and Flemish)
http://www.statbel.fgov.be/figures/d21a_fr.asp

tofra
29-09-2006, 22:08
Cool thanks, I can import these! But do you also have a list with canadian last names?

barbu1977
29-09-2006, 22:31
The problem with whole Canada, is that this is a provincial juristriction. Each province compiles it's own result, this is a source for whole canada.
http://www.todaysparent.com/pregnancybirth/pregnancy/article.jsp?content=20050617_144619_5504&page=1

I found nothing on family names thought :(

Found France First names:
http://prenoms.doctissimo.fr/visu_classement.php?&rdNombre=30&rdLoc=0&rdDateDeb=1996&rdDateFin=2006&rdTypeClassement=0.php

Also, this will be very helpfull:
http://www.behindthename.com/top/

tofra
29-09-2006, 22:49
Damn.. But without last names, I can't enable other team nationality's.. I you find anything, let me know!!

Energy
03-10-2006, 15:28
Thanks for all the support, guys. We now only need a few more American and Canadian last names, and we can add two nationalities for our players. And we'll change the name of one player of everybody who helped to your own name!

So, if you have anything, let us know!

Kingreno
03-10-2006, 19:21
I'd like to throw a mister Bush in his face. ;)

Tubby Rower
03-10-2006, 19:29
I've been too busy as of late. I'll try to get back to this before the end of the week

tofra
11-10-2006, 11:50
Hey Tubby, did you had any change to get some last names?

Tubby Rower
11-10-2006, 12:25
how many more do you need? the list above is all last names. I haven't given you any first names yet

Energy
16-10-2006, 21:46
The Fastball team has been working hard back stage in the last couple of weeks. We'd like to give you an update on some of the things we have done:

- We've added a clock with the official Fastball time. This will come in handy with e.g. the Transfer markets. You can now easily see when the deadline passes.

- From this week on, you will also be seeing keepers showing up in your Youth Squad. Just go to the Team menu adn press Youth Squad.

- We've expended the Rules, so you have a better understanding of the game.

- As a manager you can now fire any unwanted players you have.

- As a Fastball paying member, you can now upload your own designed team logo.

- We're currently working on adding Polsih and Turkish as new languages.

- Also coming up: We're adding a new nationality for players: US citizen.

Now go to the website (http://www.fastball.nl) and enjoy smashing those heads!

BCLG100
27-10-2006, 13:20
i LOVE the 'comeback' to fastball e-mail, i may actually come back! just not right now

ProPain
27-10-2006, 19:32
quote:Originally posted by Energy

- We're currently working on adding Polsih and Turkish as new languages.

So you got the girlfriends to help you out :)

BTW, you're replace lost password routine isnt working correctly.

tofra
28-10-2006, 13:19
I saw that the email was a little bit mixed up, right? Or did you noticed any other weird things?

Energy
14-11-2006, 08:12
The new season has started!! So hurry back to your manager's seats and start thrashing those opponents! [aargh]