Shabbaman
31-07-2006, 12:37
Fire away [hammer]

socralynnek
31-07-2006, 13:10
Cool, that was fast!

Thanks, shabba.

So, let's take this thread for a pregame discussion:

First question: Is it worth it to found a second city directly or will maintenance cost hurt us more than the city does help?

Samson
31-07-2006, 13:11
The big question for me is what will be the maintainance if we found the second city straight away. It looks like a long way from the first, and it could cost more that we are making. If we do not loose units if we are not paying maintanance for them it could still be worth it. The only way I can think to check is a test game. I MAY get round to that lunchtime.

The other option would be to wait until we have a bit more pop in our capital.

[EDIT] I started a game with similar parameters, if anything the cities were closer than in this game. I was at -5 gpt Straight away, but the scout was not disbanded.

I do not think we can wait the 17 turns untill our capital grows, mostly because I do not think that will help much. The problem is going to be how do we increase our GPT without pottery?

An option would be for our settler to head east until it is closer to our capital.

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif DEV1_BC-3920.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/samson/2006731133744_DEV1_BC-3920.zip)
45.08KB

Beam
31-07-2006, 14:41
Garee. As posted I'll be away until the 20th from wednesday on.

socralynnek
31-07-2006, 15:28
as i can't see the picture of the real start at cfc at the moment, i am not sure, but i think the cities are even further apart ( don't forget that the world wraps to the east)

i also think that delaying founding much is not worth it, as it is also a strategical position to be able to found other cities faster.

at least with this setup, CS slingshot is not the only way to go...

but every city must pay this upkeep, so probably we don't want a third for some time.

Tubby Rower
31-07-2006, 15:47
I haven't seen the starting screenie yet. Where can I find it? I'll go ahead and sign up, but I don't think that I'll be able to pull 1-2 hour play sessions. I'll do my best though.

Anyhoo, Is there the standard number of opponents on this map? Is it worth making the "colony settler" the capital? (the preceding question might be not relevant as I'm working off of a picture in my head that might not be correct)

Samson
31-07-2006, 16:03
Makeing the "colony settler" our capital would be great, but as the 1st city is already founded I think we shall have to build the palace to do that.

I think the only options are;

Found the city near the starting location, on the coast looks like a good bet. This shall mean we will not be able to reaserch for a long time. I expect we will need to grow both cities to 3 before we can have a possitive GPT, but I could be wrong.
Move the settler east. We MAY be able to find a good city spot a lot closer to the capital on this land mass. This would allow us to start reaserching a lot sooner. It is of course risky, as we may just find ourselves hemed in by other civs with nowhere to settle.

socralynnek
31-07-2006, 16:24
http://www.civfanatics.com/news2/archive.php?show=month&month=July&year=2006

(scroll down)

there you can see a small version but the real one is on the gotm server which is down at the moment.

You don't need to do longer sessions than 1-2 hours, in the beginning it's going fast and later on you could just play 5 turns which is fine.

Every help is welcome!

Maybe there is not much space to the east of the Settler, so I guess moving the scout eastwards might be a good start.

Samson
31-07-2006, 18:53
The picture is back, I thought I would post it here to help the discusion.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/samson/2006731175322_SGOTM02_start.jpg
95.96KB

Tubby Rower
31-07-2006, 19:04
hey at least we have a fishy smell and plenty of crabs [crazyeye]

EDIT to add content:: I think that moving the settler 1 S to settle there is best since it'll free up a FP.

EDIT for additional blather::: Better yet, move the warrior SW to see if there is any benefit in moving the settler SW instead of just S

BCLG100
31-07-2006, 21:07
I think we should move one NW to grab the fish and means we have a productive sea city (maybe GL or Colossus could be ahuge befeit considering the other city would also allow us to buidl something while we are waiting to get positive gpt and would greatly increase gpt) dunno if that all makes sense :)

socralynnek
01-08-2006, 09:46
I'd move the warrior to the hills, there I think he sees more.Settling S would be nice of there is another resource, otherwise I'd agree with BCLG that NW is mor interesting.

The question still is: How much could we gain by moving a little more to the east, or should we settle in place and go for Forbidden Palace ASAP.

Interesting situation.

BCLG100
01-08-2006, 21:14
Not much by settling east however, though we could move the warrior onto the hill to check. i agree with the FP need and also the eventual need for state property

Beam
02-08-2006, 03:05
One of the factors I haven't seen yet in the discussion are the aggressive AI and raging barbs. This would call for early settling to create a save place on a landmass. The gpt thing is an issue but the cap has lots of cash (and little hammers) around it so my gut feel is the gpt should be managable. The 2nd city should be about hammers imo.

socralynnek
02-08-2006, 03:27
And what we also shouldn't forget is that it's our second city which means no automatic border expansion, so it might be worth it settling directly next to a ressource to get that city to grow quickly.

Shabbaman
02-08-2006, 08:45
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

I'd move the warrior to the hills, there I think he sees more.Settling S would be nice of there is another resource, otherwise I'd agree with BCLG that NW is mor interesting.

Garee.

Darkness
02-08-2006, 11:39

I agree.

And what we also shouldn't forget is that it's our second city which means no automatic border expansion, so it might be worth it settling directly next to a ressource to get that city to grow quickly.

Again, I agree.

socralynnek
02-08-2006, 12:07
So, normally I think NW would be the nicest spot.

To get the ressources we 'd need a quick border expansion.

I see two options: Foundinga religion (which could also be founded in our capital, we'd have to found two to make it sure)
or build an Obelisk

For both we'd need to research Mysticism first.

At least we'd have the floodplains from beginning to work on and grow fast.

I guess the one who starts playing moves the warrior then stops, posts a pic and wait for the team decision

Things that normally work but seem not so nice here:
- Founding ONE religion as if it starts in the cap you won't see it spread for quite some time.

- CS slingshot. Bureaucracy doesn't looks as good with that capital without much production and without cottages, still wouldn't hurt though.

-An early military rush. The maintenance would probably kill us.

What could be nice:
Colossus.
Or GLighthouse.

Great people in capital. We don't need much military there and I could imagine only building 4 work boats, 1 warrior for happiness and only work those 4 tiles and the rest goes into GPP. With a Lighthouse, the clam produces 5fpt, the fish 6 fpt. so we could grow to size 12 without working any other tiles.

Darkness
02-08-2006, 12:31

Foundinga religion (which could also be founded in our capital, we'd have to found two to make it sure)

Two religions (and even more. IIRC I saw a screenshot once with Buddhism, Judaism, Confucianism and Taoism founded in the same city)can found in the same city, so there is no quarantee we'd get culture expansion in our second city.

I guess the one who starts playing moves the warrior then stops, posts a pic and wait for the team decision

Sounds logical to me.

NW will not give a resource (at least not as far as I can see now) in the initial 9, but the floodplains should help growth. Normally I detest Obilixes, but in this instance it might actually be useful to build one. It would at the very least give us rice and fish if we settle NW.

I'd also like to recommend getting fishing ASAP. All Kyoto is good for is the food resources but we have to able to get them. It'll take a long time for Kyoto to build a work boat so we should start as quickly as we can.

socralynnek
02-08-2006, 12:46
We start with Fishing.

If you have two cities, one of which has a religion, the other don't, then the holy city always goes to the one without a religion.
But IIRC that doesn't give +1cpt directly or does it (at least one could build a temple)
Still I'd also vote for an Obelisk.

Samson
02-08-2006, 12:53
I think the capital is heavily unfavoured when it comes to choosing which city to found the religion in (ie. it is very likely to be founded in our second city). That gives us 5 cpt if we make that religion our state religion.

I think it is unlikely we would get either of the early religions first, and imposible if we found our 2nd city straight away. Our best chance would be for Confucism, as we will really need the courthouses and FP we get from CoL anyway.

I think we could try for CoL with the oricale. We are likely to have much more prodution than reaserch, so this would be a reasnoble use of 200 odd hammers.

Darkness
02-08-2006, 14:10

We start with Fishing.

Ah, that's good. I had no idea what Japan's starting techs were. Haven't played them yet. That would mean that Kyoto should begin building its' first work boat immediately.

If you have two cities, one of which has a religion, the other don't, then the holy city always goes to the one without a religion.
But IIRC that doesn't give +1cpt directly or does it (at least one could build a temple)
Still I'd also vote for an Obelisk.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that.

Shabbaman
02-08-2006, 14:28

Doesn't your state religion give you +1cpt for every city with that religion? Still, super mega obelisk go go go!

Tubby Rower
02-08-2006, 14:50
Things that have been discussed...

- focussing on shields in 2nd city seems to be a priority so move NW
- getting slavery and whipping the capital would be a good. What is the happiness limit? we could just whip it everytime it gets to pop 3. The lower the pop, the more efficient the whipping process
- having a holy city gives you 5cpt in that city. And each city with religion gets 1 cpt. I'm not sure if it has to be your state religion or not.
- aggressive settling without making nice with the neighbors could get us into an early war we're not prepared for... but I'm still learning different strategies [:p]

Darkness
02-08-2006, 14:53
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

- having a holy city gives you 5cpt in that city. And each city with religion gets 1 cpt. I'm not sure if it has to be your state religion or not.

Yes, you don't get culture if it's not your state religion.

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 01:25
However not having a state religion gives you 5 cpt in every city. If we are going to try and get a religion i think we should aim for Christianity- it'll give us a religion and give us Theocracy which will be very usefull for the wars we will undoubtably end up in.

We could always let the second city grow quickly then pop rush an obelisk or chop it, within the second cities immediate vicinity would be at least 4 forests and a floodplain so it will have plenty of workable tiles while we wait for the city to grow/worker be produced.

I havnt played any games with raging barbs on monarch but i imagine they will be fairly bad therefore i think we need to have a warrior as a first build in our second city and then switch to a worker at size 2 to chop an obelisk.

About the aggressive settling (tub's idea) with the aggressive AI clicked on it isnt really going to matter too much what we do-there not going to like us, so i say we should go for it.

There's the obvious worker steal trick we could do on monarch but im not sure when barbs start appearing so i dont think stealing the worker would really be worth it, if all it will do would be to annoy one AI and lose a worker and a warrior.

Tubs are you on team CDZ or just lurking?

Sorry about the long post-i try not to do it too much :D

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 02:57
why should one excuse for a long post?

One should always give his input, we need thoughts for this kind of game a lot, so don't hesitate to post...

if we want to chop the Obelisk at size 2 we'd have to research Mysticism and Bronze Working simultaneously, I don't really know which tech we should research first, maybe try for a Metal Casting slingshot with Oracle?

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 03:19
it was a joke socral :)

Well we wouldnt really, growing to size 2 would take about the time it would take to research 3/4 of BW and then building the worker would take the rest of the time it would take to research myst as well.

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 03:33
OK, you are right, I agree, and I also don't see any sense in building the worker later than at size 2, so that'd be fine with me.

sorry, I am too tired to see jokes...going to bed now

and to your earlier question: I thought tubby wanted to join but maybe needs a little bashing to make him write the post in the sign-up-thread...

Tubby Rower
03-08-2006, 03:50
[wallbash] yeah.. I'll sign up eventually

Shabbaman
03-08-2006, 09:14

maybe try for a Metal Casting slingshot with Oracle?

That didn't really work out that good in our previous game, did it? ;)
We could try of course, but we're seriously handicapped because of that stupid capital start. An early second city will hurt our research as well. So by the time we can build the oracle it might already be almost completed. I don't know if we should chop for that.
Besides, the AI got that oracle so fast in the previous game that I wouldn't be surprised if that was modded in some way. We should look into that, probably.

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 10:59
If we go for Oracle before we build a third city (which would hurt us also much), I think building Oracle is possible, but CS slingshot is not possible cause we can't research CoL fast enough.
Researching Priesthood won't take that long.

For an Oracle-> MC slingshot we'd need: Myst , (Poly or Medi) , Priesthood , BW , Wheel and Pottery. We probably also want Agri.

I don't think that's impossible, but surely we don't know if there's an AI that is modded to go for the Oracle (something they only priorize when they can't build a Settler cause they have no space left.
What else would we need to build in second city? Warrior, Worker, workboat, another warrior or Rax?
So, I think a MC slingshotwould be doable and trying won't hurt much cause there is no useless or expensive tech on that path(ok, Priesthood itself) and if we at least partially build it we get some money for our research.

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 11:11
Our team thread at CFC is open, please post once in this thread to say you are there and Tubby please post in the signup-thread first.

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 12:15
i think we need to put the oracle slingshot out of our minds, its usefull but not the be all and end all, we also have very little chance of getting it with the need to adequatly defend our city against the raging barbs and aggressive AI, however i think we have a reasonable chance of getting the Colossus which would be highly beneficial considering the amount of water tiles we have under our borders.

Samson
03-08-2006, 12:31
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

it was a joke socral :)

Well we wouldnt really, growing to size 2 would take about the time it would take to research 3/4 of BW and then building the worker would take the rest of the time it would take to research myst as well.

I think any reserch will have to wait a lot longer than growing to size 2. I reakon it is going to take both citys to get to size 3 before we can break even. The more I think about it the more it seems ot be worth moveing the settler east to get it closer to the capital.

About rushing in the capital; every rush give 1 unhappiness, rather than 1 unhappiness for each pop killed. So in pure pop / hammers it is more efficent to rush at smaller size. However if you take into account the work that the citizen can do in these 15 turns it may well be worth waiting for the capital to grow significantly then rush a load of pop. The other question is what are we going to be building? in the early game it is only going to be the work boats. It may end up that we will be rushing wonders in this city just because we have no other use for the pop.

For me the big thing is going to be getting bronze working and copper before too many barbs turn up, and getting CoL for the courthouses and FP before we are totally left behind.

BTW, our thread is at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4355733#post4355733

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 13:17
GPP could also be very useful in our capital if we don't know what to do with spare pop.

And I do think that we can research at 50-60% and break even. In the savegame you posted we could even be at 70% or so.

Want to calculate it:

It seems the formula is: DistanceMaint = (Pop + 7) * 2.5 * Distance/DistanceScale * Building_m * WorldSize_m * Handicap_m (CVCity.cpp line 4899 if someone has the SDK)

Building = 0.5 if courthouse otherwise 1
Handicap =0.9 for monarch
worldsize=0.8 for standard

DistanceScale = (MapHeight + MapWidth) {from CvMap.cpp L925} (here probably 84+52=136, or what is size of a standard fractal map?)

So in our case:

(Pop+7) * 2.5 * dist/136 *0.8*0.9 =(pop+7) * dist / 75.5 without courthouse

assuming our cities are 40 tiles on W-E axis and 20 tiles on N-S axis apart (dist 50) this means:

at size 1: dist cost 5.3 (probably 5 cause of rounding down)
each additional pop costs o.66 gold

if both cities are at size 1 we already produce 13 trade (8 from Palace), so we should be able to spend 8 beakers per turn at start.

phew, that was hard...

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 14:55
Ok i updated our thread with everything so far from here, hope everyone doesnt mind but we may as well get it partially updated now.

Anyone know of a quicker way other than copy and pasting?-it does take awhile.

Samson
03-08-2006, 14:59

Ok i updated our thread with everything so far from here, hope everyone doesnt mind but we may as well get it partially updated now.

I volenteered to write a little script to generate the text, but I did not get a responce from Meli about access to the server. If you want me to do this, is there anyone else I could contact?

Shabbaman
03-08-2006, 15:20
Propain. Meli's on holiday, I think...

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 15:26
quote:Originally posted by Samson

I volenteered to write a little script to generate the text, but I did not get a responce from Meli about access to the server. If you want me to do this, is there anyone else I could contact?

Ok well sorry for stealing your thunder then :) must have missed your post about that and so i thought we shouldnt get too far behind :)

Samson
03-08-2006, 15:29

Ok well sorry for stealing your thunder then :) must have missed your post about that and so i thought we shouldnt get too far behind :)

Not at all. It will probably take a little while to set it up anyway, and we do need to keep that thread updated. It is a bit of work.

Tubby Rower
03-08-2006, 15:56
posted in both threads.... is everyone happy now??

Darkness
03-08-2006, 16:28

posted in both threads.... is everyone happy now??

[hyper][hyper]

Yes...

[wave]

BCLG100
03-08-2006, 17:12
Woooot

socralynnek
06-08-2006, 12:20
Roster proposition:

socralynnek
Samson
Shabba
BCLG100
Darkness
Tubby Rower

(Beam is away til 20th)

I think I am online shortly after the save comes out, so I can put the warrior on the hills, post a pic and then we can decide where to settle. So I could start us off.
Does anyone want to play at a different position or think someone else should start us off?

Alan stated that the city will cost 7gpt maintenance where the Settler stands, so we probably can have 6 beakers put into science from start.
Which tech should we research first as we won't have any chance getting an early religion that way? BW? Myst? Wheel? (We start with Mining and Fishing IIRC)

What shall we build in 2nd city first? I vote for Warrior!

BCLG100
06-08-2006, 13:49
I agree with the warrior and BW for the pop rushing we could use in the capital.

Samson
07-08-2006, 16:47
I agree with the warrior. I am not quite so sure about BW. It is very powerfull, and we have a few forests around our settler. However it will not be as vital as it is in most games, as we are not going to want to chop rush a settler ASAP as I usually do, and we will probably be able to live with the 1 worker for a while. The capital is going to be 17 turns to grow, and 23 before the work boat. We are likely to have at least 30 turns before we will want to pop rush anything, and we could wait longer. Another big reason is going to be seeing where the copper is, as we are likely to have to found another city it get it. If we do not have horses or copper in our radius are we going to live with archers against the barbs?

If we are going to settle NW (on the coast) we are going to need the border expansion ASAP to get the fish and rice, so we are going to want mystism soon.

The other thing would be pottery. We are so going to need the trade so a couple of cottages near the 2nd city and a grannery to make whipping more efficent.

I am not sure what our reaserch rate is going to be. If we could get one of these and then bronze working in 30 to 40 turns I think it could be worth it.

BTW I got hold of ProPain. The site uses MS acsess (<spit/>). It will take me a bit longer to sort out a script, but ti is possible.

Darkness
07-08-2006, 17:00
Agree with the warrior. But not BW, I think. Mysticism seems more logical to me. That way we can begin an obelisk immediately after the first warrior. We need that cultural expansion to bring the rice into our cultural borders.

BCLG100
07-08-2006, 21:45
After your explanation i do agree with the myst idea :)

Samson would the script work for previous posts? or do i still have to keep updating the main thread?

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 09:17
SO HERE IS THE SCREENMIE AFTER MOVING THE WARRIOR TO THE HILLS: (it might change everything)

http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~ckwon/sgotm02_bc4000.jpg

I have marked three possible city sites with the Japanese flag.

I'd vote for the nrthern most, cause moving a little wouldn't hurt much and we wouldn't need an Obelisk to make directly use of the ressources.

BTW we didn't start with Mining, my fault, sorry, we have Wheel and Fishing.

Pottery would be about 26 or 29 turns (depends on which tile we work when having 2nd city)

Agri 23 or 27, Mining or Myst 19 or 23.

If we settle north it's a little bit faster cause we could research at 100% until we found.

I'd vote for Agri then Pot for Rice, Granary and cottages. Then Mining, BW and AH. (only applies when settling north)

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 09:21
So, I am waiting for a few comments until I play on.

Samson, can you play after me or shall I change the roster?

I copy the discussion to CDZ in the meantime. Until Samson says, the script is done, we should keep on doing this daily.

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 09:36
First city NW, second city 1 or 2 E of the northern japanese flag.

Darkness
08-08-2006, 10:26
1st city NW, second city N of the gems.
techs: mysticism, then agriculture, then pottery
1st city: warrior -> obelisk -> worker -> warrior -> settler

Samson
08-08-2006, 10:57
I vote for the northern coast [EDIT] or to keep walking to the east. It MIGHT save us 1 gpt, we will not need the border expansion, and we get the extra reaserces. I particuly like the gems, that will help with both the gold and allow us to grow larger. All these are good counters for the high mainanace cost.

With the site NW, we get 2 reaserces only when our borders expand, with northen coast we get 3 straight away.

Assuming we settle on the north coast, I think we have to reaserce agriculture fisrt, that rice is too nice not to. We do not need mystism.

Depending on how long it will take to build, it would be nice to have a worker as agriculture completes. I usually build a worker first.

I should be able to play when you finish. When are you likely to play?

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 10:59
So, we are two for north of the resources and two for 1 tile NW.

Any more opinions?

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 11:04

I vote for the northern coast. It MIGHT save us 1 gpt, we will not need the border expansion, and we get the extra reaserces.

Where the nothern flag is? I was wondering what the effect of an early second city is on our economy. It is the better spot, just convince me if it's worth moving there.
If we settle on the northern flag, we can't use the NW spot unless we avoid culture.

Samson
08-08-2006, 11:24
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I vote for the northern coast. It MIGHT save us 1 gpt, we will not need the border expansion, and we get the extra reaserces.

Where the nothern flag is? I was wondering what the effect of an early second city is on our economy. It is the better spot, just convince me if it's worth moving there.
If we settle on the northern flag, we can't use the NW spot unless we avoid culture.

Yes where the northern flag is.

I am not sure what you mean about not being able to use the NW spot, the limit to cities is a fixed 2 tiles, culture has nothing to do with it.

I think the 2nd city is likely to cost around 8 or 9 GPT unless we put it a fair way east. I think it is likely to be required to grab copper (or perhaps horses). Raging barbs with only archers is going to be a strugle. This is another reason to found our city near the gems. With the extra pop and commerce we are going to be able to afford our 2nd city much sooner.

BTW, I THINK we can run 100% science and have a defict without loosing our worker. I could be wrong, and I cannot run a test game until 12-30 BST. Is it against the rules?

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 11:31
the science is automatically adjusted, so no deficit research.

Alan stated in the maintenance thread (does anyone else read it ?) that the city would cost 7gpt in maintenance if founded where we stand, maybe a bit north and east is 6gpt.

While moving we don't lose much as we can research at 100% while those turns and we don't need Myst for some time. Those 2 turns lost in production won't hurt much.

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 11:41

I am not sure what you mean about not being able to use the NW spot, the limit to cities is a fixed 2 tiles, culture has nothing to do with it.

It's possible to build a city there, but that'll cost the second city workable tiles. AFAIK the city that "sees" the tiles first gets the tiles assigned as workable tiles. That makes building a city on tile NW pointless (but there's probably a better spot somewhere else anyway).
BTW, the city we build with our second settler is our third city.
I think I'm ok with building on the northern spot now.

Samson
08-08-2006, 11:49

It's possible to build a city there, but that'll cost the second city workable tiles. AFAIK the city that "sees" the tiles first gets the tiles assigned as workable tiles. That makes building a city on tile NW pointless (but there's probably a better spot somewhere else anyway).
BTW, the city we build with our second settler is our third city.
I think I'm ok with building on the northern spot now.

Just OOI whatever tiles the game alocates to whichever city can be changed in the city screen, just as in other civs.

I agree that there is likely to be a better spot somwhere else, probably with copper. I do not worry too much about having overlaping cities early, it will be so long before they are relavent.

I really think it should be north, I cannot think of any real advantage of the other spot.

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 12:04
shabba, when a city has some greyed out spot that no other city is working then you can click on it and you have it for that particular city (something I also found out long after I bought the game...)

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 12:22
I've tried that I think. Perhaps that's something that got fixed. Thanks.

Samson
08-08-2006, 12:29
I just thought, if we move the settler to the same tile as the warrior this turn, next time the wariour could go to the other hill, and we may find an even better spot to settle, perhaps 2 west of the warrior?

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 12:37
Sure.

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 13:31
ok, i'll play 20 turns now and will look out if there's even a better spot, otherwise i'll take that northern one.

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 13:57
4000 BC (0) - Set research at 100% to Agri.
Move warrior and Settler to hills.

3970 (1) - Move warrior to hills. Sees gold and another gems.
Move Settler NW of Rice saying hello to a Spanish scout.

3940 (2) - Settler founds Osaka which costs 8gpt maintenance although being closer to the capital as the original spot...confused...
look into the settings...no sign of no world wrap...
strange.
Start building a worker. Worker done in 23 turns. Agri in 22 turns, but we make +1gpt so it will be faster at some point.

3910 - Game crashes while alt-tabbing. Have to reload.

3790 - Border expansion of capital showing land but divided by Ocean.

3610 BC (13) - Warrior is standing at the eastern coast of that landmass and survives a lion attack.

3490 BC (17) - Warrior has healed.

3460 BC (18) - Kyoto has grown. Agri in 2.

3400 BC (20) - Agri is done. Perfect time to stop. I have set research to Mining which can be discussed.
Worker in 5, workboat in 3 turns.

---
Here is your Session Turn Log from 4000 BC to 3400 BC:

Turn 2, 3940 BC: Osaka has been founded.

Turn 6, 3820 BC: The borders of Kyoto have expanded!

Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.10)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Combat Odds: 9.0%
Turn 12, 3640 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: (Animal Combat: +20%)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: (Plot Defense: +25%)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 24 (76/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (84/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 24 (52/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 24 (28/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 24 (4/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (68/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 24 (0/100HP)
Turn 12, 3640 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Lion!

Turn 19, 3430 BC: You have discovered Agriculture!
-----

here is the save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC3400_01.Civ4SavedGame

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 13:59
meeting Izzy:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/socralynnek/200688125738_sgotm02_bc3970.jpg
99.08 KB

isn't that cruel? stones and cow in sight but out of reach!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/socralynnek/20068812581_sgotm02_bc3400.jpg
101.31 KB

roster:
socralynnek - just played
Samson - up
Shabba - on deck
BCLG100
Darkness
Tubby Rower
(Beam is away til 20th)

EDIT: the first players should play 20 turns, I think.

Tubby Rower
08-08-2006, 14:09
ynnek, I noticed that the game crashed on you while alt-tabbing. Do you use full screen mode or windowed mode? windowed mode is supposed to help that somewhat.

Samson
08-08-2006, 14:12
I guess we are reaserching to BW now? A worker after the warrior I guess?

Does anyone know when barbs turn up on raging? Do we use the second warior for scouting or fog busting?

I shall play in about 20 mins, but I am unlikely to get in 20 turns.

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 14:20
I use fullscreen. Maybe you are right and I should play SGOTM in windowed mode cause of the notes I am taking.

@samson: other way round: Warrior after worker. I'd use him for MP then.

Mining will be helpful cause of the gems. After that BW or Pottery would be fine. Maybe AH (sheep).

The turns are going fast, so maybe you can play 20 (BTW, the governor is still on for both cities cause I agreed with his placement)

Tubby Rower
08-08-2006, 14:28
After the workboat in Kyoto, should we build a lighthouse to get the extra food for water tiles?

I would prefer BW to come after Mining. That way we can go ahead and get into Slavery and start rushing things in the capital. It's also helpful if a bunch of barbs start showing up at our doorsteps without appropriate defense.

Samson
08-08-2006, 14:49
IBT – Fine

3310 (3) – Kyoto builds work boat > Work boat.

3250 (5) – Osaka builds worker > Warrior. Worker starts on rice. We see fisrt animal (lion).

3070 (10) – It is quick, so I carry on.

3010 (12) mining in. Start on BW so we can start rushing in the capital. Worker puts 1 turn of irrigation into sheep just because I can (free). Hinduism founded somewhere.

2980 (13) Start on gems mine.

2800 (19) – Finish here, as we can discus build options and worker actions.

I think another warior and irrigate the sheep.

[EDIT] I just had to get a couple more turns in on another game before I came out of Civ 4, and I do not trrust alt-tab. It is now at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC2800_01.Civ4SavedGame

I have scouted most of the south and east, I do not think anyone else is that way. Issy must be north east. Sorry I forgot to take a screeny.

Turn 32, 3040 BC: You have discovered Mining!
Turn 32, 3040 BC: Hinduism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 33, 3010 BC: Isabella converts to Hinduism!

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 14:57
Did you upload it? I don't see it on the results page. Agree with irrigating sheep until we have AH.
Mining the hills could also be nice.
Another warrior for scoutoing could be nice, I agree. Shabba, can you play today or so?

Shabbaman
08-08-2006, 15:21
I can play tomorrow after work.

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 15:42
Fine, so we have some time to maybe discuss a bigger picture.

- What to do with our capital?
It will be growing fast, so we can rush all we need there. We could/should go for an early Great Scientist to rush an academy cause even without cottages it will be our research powerhouse for some time. Sadly it will probably not get religions, so HerRule could be an option.

- We don't want to build an early Settler as 7-8 gpt maintenance won't pay off.
So, what else over there? Take over Izzy with Axeman to get her holy Hinduist city?
Or should we go for a Wonder? (e.g. Stonehenge) Cause even when failing it will give us money to speed up research.

Research goal should be CoL, maybe we can found Conf, but Courthouse will be important, cause before that we shouldn't build many cities.

Samson
08-08-2006, 15:43

After the workboat in Kyoto, should we build a lighthouse to get the extra food for water tiles?
Once we get sailing we can start biulding galleys and settlers to colonize those other islands. At least they shall be cheap maintance.

It would be nice though not likely if we could get a coast route from the capital to the rest of our empire. Can we trade across ocean tiles that are in our cultural borders (ie. to the cow and stone)?

Samson
08-08-2006, 15:49

Fine, so we have some time to maybe discuss a bigger picture.

- What to do with our capital?
It will be growing fast, so we can rush all we need there. We could/should go for an early Great Scientist to rush an academy cause even without cottages it will be our research powerhouse for some time. Sadly it will probably not get religions, so HerRule could be an option.
As I said above we could consider galley and then settler(s?). I think we are going to run out of things to build there pretty soon.
quote:- We don't want to build an early Settler as 7-8 gpt maintenance won't pay off.
So, what else over there? Take over Izzy with Axeman to get her holy Hinduist city?
Or should we go for a Wonder? (e.g. Stonehenge) Cause even when failing it will give us money to speed up research.

Research goal should be CoL, maybe we can found Conf, but Courthouse will be important, cause before that we shouldn't build many cities.

Agree on the reaserch goal. I think we should consider getting CoL with the oricale as it is a pretty expensive tech.

If we can get copepr or horses we could consider war, but remember how much each city will cost us. I think we could be fighting barbs for a while.

Tubby Rower
08-08-2006, 15:51

Take over Izzy with Axeman to get her holy Hinduist city?

I would prefer to knock Izzy out. having a holy city is pretty important IMO. plus the experiece from such a conquest will make our axemen better for taking on the barbs

socralynnek
08-08-2006, 15:55
Can Galleys enter ocean if inside cultural boundaries? If not we have to wait a little more and then Optics will be most important after CoL.

If we run out of things to build for the cap we should create GPs which can research techs for us or join the city.

Samson
08-08-2006, 16:01

Can Galleys enter ocean if inside cultural boundaries?

Yes. It would be nice to have a look round those islands with a work boat at some point, but I guess it is not worth 1 fishing net ATM.

Darkness
08-08-2006, 17:59

and irrigate the sheep.

That's a typo, right?

Putting a pasture on the sheep seems much more logical. :)

Samson
08-08-2006, 18:12
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

and irrigate the sheep.

That's a typo, right?

Putting a pasture on the sheep seems much more logical. :)

No, that is what I meant. The thing is that untill we can reaserch AH or expand our borders the only tiles we can improve are flatland and with irriagation. We are runnign out of things to do, so we may as well irrigate it for the minute.

socralynnek
09-08-2006, 11:06
Can we agree on a rule that Beam made in SGOTM1, i.e. players who are on deck (now BCLG) already state if/when they can play s.t. we don't lose time we might need for discussion at some point?

Shabbaman
09-08-2006, 11:25
2800 b.c. Not much.

IBT Buddhism is founded. Not by us though.

2770 b.c. I make some citizens in Kyoto, speeding up the building of a work boat dramatically. The work boat will make up for the loss of growth in these two turns, plus it'll quell unhealth faster.

2740 b.c. Enter.

2710 b.c. Kyoto builds work boat, starts on another (surprise!). Work boat > crabs. We got crabs! Start irrigating the sheep.

2680 b.c. Enter

2650 b.c. Spotting enemy barb near Osaka. This could be tricky.

IBT Barb warrior attacks our scouting warrior that "rushed" in. We win.

2620 b.c. Undecided about promotion between cover and shock. What'd be best at this point? There's no need for promotion right away, so I wait obviously.

2590 b.c. Enter.

2560 b.c. Enter.

2530 b.c. Osaka builds warrior. Without many options, I'll just build another. Better safe than sorry.

2500 b.c. Enter.

IBT Financially, we are CDZ the forgotten. Sure why not. Spotted barb warrior near Osaka.

2470 b.c. We discover bronze working. I choose for pottery, that's faster than AH. I revolt and change to slavery [whipped] Bronze is some tiles to the east, and on the southern coast.

IBT Barb warrior defeated, but two more show up.

2440 b.c. Time for the shock promotion then, I guess... I whip a workboat in Kyoto. I whip a warrior in Osaka, very unfortunate.

Hm. Crrrash... Thanks for the autosave, I only have to replay 1 turn. I see my processor is at 61 degrees. That's not that much, but I think it's time for a new processor cooler.

2410 b.c. Kyoto buils work boat. I start on a warrior, to quell unrest. Osaka builds a warrior. I start on a barracks, to make some use of the whipped hammers. Shock warrior defeats 1 barb, that other barb is going to pillage our mine, I guess...

2380 b.c. Ha, it didn't, apparently it's chasing a spanish scout.

IBT Warrior defeats barb warrior. More warriors show up south of Osaka.

2350 b.c. I move a warrior across the river to protect the mine.

IBT Another warrior spotted near Osaka.

2320 b.c. Kyoto builds warrior. I start on a work boat. I move the shock warrior to the mine as well.

IBT Shock warrior gets defeated. Another warrior shows up. We need bronze fast, this is very hard to keep up.

2290 b.c. I move another warrior to the mine [xx(]

IBT Barb warrior defeated. More warriors show up, now SW of Osaka as well.

I'm done with all those barbs now. My advice for 2260: whip the barracks and start on another warrior with the excess hammers. Perhaps we should start chopping, though that sounds like a waste. If we chop the forests directly north of Osaka, we can build cottages there out of reach of the barbs.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Shabbaman/200689181424_CDZScreenShot2260bc.jpg

Save is here (http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC2260_01.Civ4SavedGame).

quote:Turn 40, 2800 BC: Buddhism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 45, 2650 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.20)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: Combat Odds: 4.4%
Turn 45, 2650 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (75/100HP)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (50/100HP)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (25/100HP)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (0/100HP)
Turn 45, 2650 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 50, 2500 BC: You have discovered Bronze Working!

Turn 51, 2470 BC: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ adopts Slavery!
Turn 51, 2470 BC: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (1.84) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.20)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Combat Odds: 27.2%
Turn 51, 2470 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (64/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (44/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (24/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (4/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 51, 2470 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 53, 2410 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.20) vs Barbarian's Warrior (1.60)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Combat Odds: 79.5%
Turn 53, 2410 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 53, 2410 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 54, 2380 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (1.73) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.20)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: Combat Odds: 2.6%
Turn 54, 2380 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (54/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (29/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (4/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (70/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 25 (0/100HP)
Turn 54, 2380 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.20)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Combat Odds: 31.9%
Turn 55, 2350 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 55, 2350 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 56, 2320 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!
Turn 56, 2320 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.32)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: Combat Odds: 28.8%
Turn 56, 2320 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (69/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (52/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (35/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (18/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (1/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 56, 2320 BC: Barbarian's Warrior has defeated CDZ's Warrior!
Turn 56, 2320 BC: While defending, your Warrior was destroyed by a Barbarian Warrior!

Turn 57, 2290 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (1.71) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.20)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Combat Odds: 14.6%
Turn 57, 2290 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 21 (57/100HP)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 21 (36/100HP)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 21 (15/100HP)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
Turn 57, 2290 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 57, 2290 BC: While defending, your Warrior has killed a Barbarian Warrior!

Turn 58, 2260 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!
Turn 58, 2260 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!

BCLG100
09-08-2006, 21:14
Well i can play right now but im guessing we want some discussion so shall we say tomorrow evening?

We need to be more pro active in our barb defending- put our warriors in the forest outside of the boundaries, possibly where the barb warriors are now if we can.

With bronze so far away we could maybe consider grabbing archery?

Shabbaman
09-08-2006, 21:40
Moving warriors to the forest is a good idea, but the problem is that there keep appearing warriors on that forest.

BCLG100
09-08-2006, 21:53
I'll try and do it then :) i'll move 1 out of capital onto where the other one is and then hopefully the one barb warrior will move in attack and die.

get there eventually type thing

Samson
09-08-2006, 21:58
I agree that archery would be good in this situation. The other thing would be AH and hope for horses, but archery is safe.

Chopping the 2 forests within our cultural borders seems a good idea. Where is the waste?

Shabbaman
09-08-2006, 22:15
I'd rather have something that produces culture or some axemen for it, but np.

socralynnek
10-08-2006, 12:07
chopping brings less before math, that's a waste too.
seems we need to build a lot of units. we should found a city for copper cause axeman barbs will be coming.
archery might also be good seeing the number of barbs.

BCLG100
10-08-2006, 13:16
well everyone has had a say so i shall play this shortly

Tubby Rower
10-08-2006, 14:00
wow.... raging barbs are just that. I would agree with ynnek that chopping currently does waste some hammers but I also think that if we don't chop them now we might not be able to later since the city might be lost.

Have we met anyone besides Isabellea and the roughians?

Shabbaman
10-08-2006, 14:46
I wanted to type "yes, we met your sister and she was very nice [:O]", but that's just rude so instead I'll say "no, we haven't met anyone so far, so we're probably alone on this island. If we settle to the east we might be able to block Isabella".

Tubby Rower
10-08-2006, 15:01
[lol]

BCLG100
10-08-2006, 19:19
Ok i forgot the battle log :shrug: but heres my 20

Pre flight check- pop rush another warrior (figure we can use the extra shiels to finish the rax)
2 unhappy faces-dont care :)
move all 3 warriors onto the sheep hit enter

game crashes as i alt tab for first time---smashing---so now im writing everything down by hand after a reload.

<IBT> we smack one of them barb warriors down

2230BC-we lose a warrior attacking a barb warrior but luckily we have another warrior around to clear up the mess and they all begin to fan out

<IBT> barb warrior appers

2200BC- rax completed and another warrior started in osaka
worker begins chopping away, warriors are going for a wander
poprush another WB in kyoto

<IBT> another barb warrior bites the dust

2170BC-Kyoto starts on another WB
Osaka on another warrior
find izzy land
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2752/civ4screenshot0132lg5.jpg

<IBT> more of them bastardising barbs!

2140BC- warriors going for a wander

<IBT> a barb warrior dies

2110BC- warriors getting into position

<IBT> the barbs just dont seem to be learning as we smack them down some more!

2080BC-finish pots, you need hunting for archers so decide to take the risk on AH
finish chop

<IBT> we beat down another barb

2050BC- Osaka warrior-warrior
poprush another WB in Kyoto
another izzy border exp right above us
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3824/civ4screenshot0133na7.jpg

<IBT> maybe theyre learning a barb doesnt turn up!

2020BC-WB completed another started
Osaka-warrior-warrior

<IBT>a barb turns up (sigh) theyre not learning

1990BC-moving units

<IBT> we lose a warrior

1960BC- that barb warrior gets sent back to hell

<IBT> another barb warrior approaches as Judaism is founded in another country

1930BC- move units around

<IBT> a barb warrior dies as another shows up

1900BC- moves around

<IBT> barb dead-another shows up

1870BC-Forest chopped, warrior completed in osaka another ordered

<IBT> barb warrior dies

1840BC- WB whipped in Kyoto

<IBT> barb warrior moving around

1810BC-WB finished in Kyoto-starts on a Granary (why not???-it'll help with any rushing we feel like doing)

<IBT> warrior moving about

1780BC- not much

<IBT> 2 barb warrios iced

1750BC-Nada

<IBT> barb warrior meets his maker
Osaka@size 4

1720BC-warrior whipped in Osaka

<IBT>barb appears

1690BC-Settler Started

<IBT>barb warrior dies

1660 BC-worker is roading to the copper east (we should go for an aggressive city placement to cut izzy off.

heres my defensive outlines-just positioned quite a few warriors in forests around Osaka (maybe too many but there isnt an abundance of things to build)

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/597/civ4screenshot0134ya3.jpg

Izzy is pissed with us and our gnp is crap (probably due to our number of units but that should hopefully change slightly when we have another city.)

save is here http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC1660_01.Civ4SavedGame

Here is your Session Turn Log from 2260 BC to 1660 BC:

Turn 58, 2260 BC: You have trained a Warrior in Osaka. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.45)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Combat Odds: 25.9%
Turn 58, 2260 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (74/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (57/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (40/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (34/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (23/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (12/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (6/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
Turn 58, 2260 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.20) vs Barbarian's Warrior (2.00)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Combat Odds: 67.8%
Turn 59, 2230 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (0/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior has defeated CDZ's Warrior!
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.02) vs Barbarian's Warrior (0.80)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Combat Odds: 99.7%
Turn 59, 2230 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (16/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (76/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (0/100HP)
Turn 59, 2230 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 60, 2200 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.25)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: Combat Odds: 7.9%
Turn 60, 2200 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (74/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (73/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (48/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (58/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (43/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (22/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 60, 2200 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 62, 2140 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 62, 2140 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 62, 2140 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 63, 2110 BC: You have discovered Pottery!
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.90)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Combat Odds: 1.0%
Turn 63, 2110 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 63, 2110 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.20)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Combat Odds: 31.9%
Turn 64, 2080 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 64, 2080 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.33)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Combat Odds: 40.5%
Turn 67, 1990 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (56/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (39/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (22/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (5/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 67, 1990 BC: Barbarian's Warrior has defeated CDZ's Warrior!

Turn 68, 1960 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.40) vs Barbarian's Warrior (0.20)
Turn 68, 1960 BC: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 68, 1960 BC: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 68, 1960 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 68, 1960 BC: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 68, 1960 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 68, 1960 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 68, 1960 BC: Judaism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 69, 1930 BC: Isabella adopts Organized Religion!
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 69, 1930 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 69, 1930 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 70, 1900 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.90)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: Combat Odds: 1.0%
Turn 70, 1900 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (44/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 70, 1900 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 71, 1870 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (1.32) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.90)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: Combat Odds: 0.0%
Turn 71, 1870 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: (Fortify: +10%)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (31/100HP)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (2/100HP)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 71, 1870 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.50)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Combat Odds: 0.5%
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Fortify: +15%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.40)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Combat Odds: 0.6%
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 74, 1780 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 75, 1750 BC: The borders of Kyoto have expanded!
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.13)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Combat Odds: 0.8%
Turn 75, 1750 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (81/100HP)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 75, 1750 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 77, 1690 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.60)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: Combat Odds: 0.5%
Turn 77, 1690 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: (Plot Defense: +75%)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: (Fortify: +20%)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 77, 1690 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 77, 1690 BC: While defending, your Warrior has killed a Barbarian Warrior!

edit-sorry guys i didnt know we wernt to use the gotm upload thing until i checked the thread again-hopefully i havnt messed up to bad

Tubby Rower
10-08-2006, 19:33
What kind of experience do we have with our warriors now? Can we get a medic promotion on one of them? btw, I can't see Imageshack pics @ work so if something is answered in the pictures just slap me around a little

Tubby Rower
10-08-2006, 20:10
quote:Turn 68, 1960 BC: Judaism has been founded in a distant land!

Izzy looks to be hoarding the religions [:o]

BCLG100
10-08-2006, 20:17
erm mainly 1 strength with shock

a couple have an extra star-didnt bother with medic promos yet as we dont have any stacks. dont worry the pics dont show what exp is there anyways :)

BCLG100
10-08-2006, 20:18

quote:Turn 68, 1960 BC: Judaism has been founded in a distant land!

Izzy looks to be hoarding the religions [:o]

just makes her look more attractive to conquer really.

Shabbaman
10-08-2006, 22:12
I would've expected a barb city just south of Osaka, because of all those barbs.

Darkness
11-08-2006, 00:00
0 – 1660BC – Inherited turn
IT – Barbarian warrior attacks -> dies
1 – 1630BC -
IT – 2 Barbarian warriors attack -> both die
2 – 1600BC –
IT –
3 – 1570BC –
IT - 2 Barbarian warriors attack -> both die
4 – 1540BC – Whip granary in Kyoto
IT –
5 – 1510BC – Kyoto: Granary -> work boat
IT – Spanish city founded 3 East of copper
6 - 1480BC -
IT – Barbarian warrior attacks -> kills our warrior
7 – 1450BC -
IT – 2 Barbarian warriors attack -> both die
8 – 1420BC - Animal Husbandry discovered. Start writing (for libraries to help our research and give culture). Source of horses next to river about 6 tiles SE of Osaka
IT -
9 - 1390BC -
IT - 2 Barbarian warriors attack -> both die
10 - 1360BC -
IT -
11 - 1330BC -
IT - Barbarian warrior attacks -> dies
12 - 1300BC -
IT -
13 - 1270BC -
IT - Barbarian archer spotted
14 - 1240BC -
IT - Barbarian warrior attacks -> dies
15 - 1210BC - Attack Barbarian warrior -> win
IT - Barbarian archer attacks -> dies
16 - 1180BC - Osaka: Settler -> worker
IT -
17 - 1150BC - Tokyo founded -> warrior
IT - Barbarian archer spotted
18 - 1120BC -
IT - Barbarian archer attacks -> dies
19 - 1090BC - Worker starts mining copper
IT -
20 - 1060BC - Kyoto: workboat -> workboat? (can be changed by next player

After founding Tokyo I had to tune down the science slider to 10% :(

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20068102309_Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG
143.71*KB

Save:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC1060_01.Civ4SavedGame

EDIT:
@Tubby: I promoted 2 warriors with Medic 1... Most of them have between 7 and 10 XP...

Darkness
11-08-2006, 00:04
Turn log

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1660 BC to 1060 BC:

Turn 78, 1660 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.82)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: Combat Odds: 2.3%
Turn 78, 1660 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: (Fortify: +15%)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (77/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (63/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 78, 1660 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 79, 1630 BC: Stonehenge has been built in a far away land!
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.13)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Combat Odds: 8.8%
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Fortify: +20%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (59/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (45/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (31/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (17/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 79, 1630 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.90)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Combat Odds: 0.3%
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (70/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (40/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (10/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (0/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 81, 1570 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 84, 1480 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 84, 1480 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (58/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (44/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (30/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (16/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (2/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 14 (0/100HP)
Turn 84, 1480 BC: Barbarian's Warrior has defeated CDZ's Warrior!

Turn 85, 1450 BC: You have discovered Animal Husbandry!
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.40)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Combat Odds: 0.6%
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (1.89) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.70)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Combat Odds: 2.1%
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (53/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 15 (70/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (27/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (1/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 85, 1450 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.90)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Combat Odds: 0.3%
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (70/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (48/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (35/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (40/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (10/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (22/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (0/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.70)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Combat Odds: 0.4%
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Plot Defense: +75%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (70/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (40/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (10/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (48/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (0/100HP)
Turn 88, 1360 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 89, 1330 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.20)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: Combat Odds: 0.7%
Turn 89, 1330 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: (Fortify: +15%)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 89, 1330 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 92, 1240 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.40)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: Combat Odds: 0.6%
Turn 92, 1240 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 92, 1240 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.40) vs Barbarian's Warrior (1.60)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Combat Odds: 90.1%
Turn 93, 1210 BC: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (84/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (68/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (52/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (36/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (20/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (76/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 16 (4/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (52/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (28/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (4/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 24 (0/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.10)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Combat Odds: 25.2%
Turn 93, 1210 BC: (Extra Combat: +30%)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 93, 1210 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 95, 1150 BC: Tokyo has been founded.

Turn 96, 1120 BC: Isabella adopts Slavery!
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.10)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Combat Odds: 25.2%
Turn 96, 1120 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: (Fortify: +10%)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 96, 1120 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
Turn 96, 1120 BC: While defending, your Warrior has killed a Barbarian Archer!

BCLG100
11-08-2006, 01:16
Thing about all those work boats in Kyoto all there doing is putting a strain on the economy as there isnt anything left to explore IIRC. we should also go for a WB in osaka if possible to start scouting out that coastline. we have an adequateish enough defence until them barb axes start turning up.

is there anything usefull we can switch Kyoto to work-if we built a rax would increase our power slightly-causing AI to not think were as easy as what we are-also any ideas if izzy has any copper? if she doesnt we should maybe think about waiting for her to build a shrine and then move in.

Swingue
11-08-2006, 10:54
Are we in danger of a cultural flip?

Darkness
11-08-2006, 11:05
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

Are we in danger of a cultural flip?

No. only the spanish capital has culture. the rest of them do not.
So, at the moment there is no risk, but it could change. Which is why I started research on writing. Libraries give culture and increase our research capacities and we desperately need both.

I am starting to wonder: Should we colonize the islands near Kyoto? They are close by the capital, so maintenance will be low and they would bring in loads of commerce with some workboats and a harbour.
But we'd need galleys first (sailing?)...

BCLG100
11-08-2006, 12:29
writing would mean we could build a library in the capital as well and allow us to switch citizens to scientists to gain some use out of them....

Samson
11-08-2006, 12:55
socralynnek > On Deck
Samson
Shabba
BCLG100
Darkness > Just played
Tubby Rower > UP

I shall not be able to play any time between saturday afternoon and monday lunchtime. If my turn comes up over the weekend and someone wants to swop, go for it.

Have we explored around those islands north of Kyoto? I definatly support colonizing them.

I guess we will not be able to found any more cities untill we sort out oour ecconomy, but at least we have axes. It would be nice to get the cultural expansion in Tokyo ASAP as it would cut of the continent pretty well.

Why is Issy angry at us? Just close borders?

We have to go for CoL. What do people think about using the oricale?

Tubby Rower
11-08-2006, 13:31
Whew.... I'll see how many turns I can play. We have out-of-town visitors that came in yesterday and will be here through Sunday, so I'll try to squeeze in at least 10 turns somewhere today or tomorrow. If it looks like I can't play I'll post again tonight as I'll know more after I get home from work.

socralynnek
11-08-2006, 14:34
I can play tomorrow but not in the evening and can play on Sunday afternoon/evening. So, take your time Tubby.

For oracle we'd have to research 3 techs and then build it, but we don't have a really productive town, maybe we are better off researching it after Sailing or so, maybe we can found Conf. (OTOH we could chop it in Tokyo, but we'd need to many forests for that)

BCLG100
11-08-2006, 14:42
We've explored the islands north-they arnt big at all (1or 2 tiles IIRC)

think she's just angry with us because its izzy and its her time of the month tbh-she never likes me.

I think we should ignore founding a religion as we can quite easily take one from izzy (she has 2 at least) that and the oracle will not be especially usefull really-1 free tech which the AI will quickly catch up with-i dont see the point in wasting the hammers.

We'll also have to start beefing up our fog busters to axes asap.

Tubby Rower
11-08-2006, 15:44
quote:We'll also have to start beefing up our fog busters to axes asap. how can we do this with no money :( I propose disbanding some of them as they are replaced with Axemen

EDIT:: or better yet, send them with the force to take on Izzy and they can be used sort of like catapults and suicided into her cities

BCLG100
11-08-2006, 16:10
or we could use them as an army of pillagers...

that'd grab us some cash

though with all them exp upgrades its a shame to waste em.

BCLG100
13-08-2006, 04:06
Well tubs you never posted so i assume that meant you were busy

That means Socral is up now does it now?

Tubby Rower
13-08-2006, 15:46
Yeah, I tried to post last night, but things got hectic. I shouldn't have shown my guest civ4 because he played it from 6 pm to midnight, and I was tired from playing paintball. So I went to bed early. I'm sorry.

BCLG100
13-08-2006, 15:51
No worries- so long as your getting someone else hooked on civ4 thats the main thing :)

socralynnek
13-08-2006, 18:05
Does this mean you want to play still?
I can wait, I can play anytime in the next days, so I wait for you to post whether you still want to play your turns (doesn't need to be 20, only if you have time to do so)

Tubby Rower
14-08-2006, 13:18
to be honest, I'm not sure when I'll be able to play. Go ahead and skip me and I'll try to anticipate when my next set will come up and try to carve some time out.

socralynnek
14-08-2006, 14:01
OK, I'll play soon then. When you have some spare hours, you can just tell us and you can slip in then.

Samson
14-08-2006, 15:03
Some thoughts after looking at the save;

The citizen in kyoto;
We get 1 hammer instead of 4 food and 2 commerce. The food is worth far more if we use the whip, and the commerce doubles our reaserch rate. Also we do not need another work boat, but we are likely to have something to build soon (do we have a granery there?). We can use the whip when we have writing for a lib.

The work boats around the islands are costing us 1 gold. I think we should return them to the capital.

Why are we building a warior in Tokyo? It will not get changed to a axe man when we get copper I think (as we do not have hunting for spears, ICBW).

We really need CoL. Quite a long way off, but it would be handy to get the oricale (783 beakers from 200 (?) hammers). I expect it will be built before we have the chance though.

socralynnek
14-08-2006, 15:14
1060 BC (0, 562 left) - Switch Kyoto from Work Boat to Rax. I don't see a need for another.
Take away Citizen from Kyoto to work Crab to make commerce.

1030 BC - Delete work boat cause it is costing us. Research without loss at 20%.

985 BC - Barb archer kills warrior.

955 BC - Another warr gets killed by that Archer. At least we have no maintenance cost for units now...

925 BC - Lose another one.

910 BC - Izzy founds a city south of our two. Copper connected.

865 BC - Writing comes in. Set research to Myst. Other option would have been Alphabet, but if Izzy doesn't know anyone else, she won't trade anyway.
Change my mind and go for Sailing. Kyoto starts building a lib.

835 BC - Hurry Lib.

820 BC - Use a Scientist. Sailing in 16.

805 BC - Confucianism has been founded in Toledo, the city slightly south of ours.

730 BC (20) - First Axeman is build. But our unit cost is at 1 again. Don't know whether to delete a unit. We should set our research rate in a way that we always get a multiple of 4 in Kyoto because of the Lib.
So I have set research to 10% now and in a few turns one can set it at 30% s.t. we max out the lib bonus.
Started to build a Lib in Tokyo cause we'll soon see cultural pressure.
We could rush a Settler in Kyoto when Sailing comes in to directly build a Galley. for a city E of the cow.

Note: Please have a look at unit maintenance cost. At the beginning of my set we had a useless Work Boat and were building another one although we payed for it.
And another note: If you want a city to not grow, you can set "No growth"-option, but please mention it in your log (best twice). There's no reason to use a Citizen instead of working a tile giving us commerce in Kyoto.

The save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0730_01.Civ4SavedGame

The picture at 730 BC:

http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~ckwon/sgotm02_bc0730.jpg

The turnlog:

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1060 BC to 730 BC:

Turn 98, 1060 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.90)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: Combat Odds: 0.3%
Turn 98, 1060 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (70/100HP)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (40/100HP)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (10/100HP)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 30 (0/100HP)
Turn 98, 1060 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 100, 1000 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.40)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: Combat Odds: 35.7%
Turn 100, 1000 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: (Fortify: +10%)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (28/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (10/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 100, 1000 BC: Barbarian's Archer has defeated CDZ's Warrior!

Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Archer (2.60) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.90)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Combat Odds: 49.9%
Turn 102, 970 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (60/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (41/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (22/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 20 (20/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 20 (0/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Archer has defeated CDZ's Warrior!
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.16)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Combat Odds: 8.6%
Turn 102, 970 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 102, 970 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

Turn 103, 955 BC: CDZ's Warrior (1.72) vs Barbarian's Archer (0.89)
Turn 103, 955 BC: Combat Odds: 92.8%
Turn 103, 955 BC: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 103, 955 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 103, 955 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 103, 955 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 18 (4/100HP)
Turn 103, 955 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 103, 955 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 104, 940 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.35)
Turn 104, 940 BC: Combat Odds: 49.9%
Turn 104, 940 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 104, 940 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 104, 940 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 104, 940 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (68/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (50/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (32/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (14/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 104, 940 BC: Barbarian's Archer has defeated CDZ's Warrior!

Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (2.40)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Combat Odds: 80.0%
Turn 105, 925 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 105, 925 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 22 (34/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (15/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
Turn 105, 925 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 108, 880 BC: You have discovered Writing!

Turn 111, 835 BC: You have constructed a Library in Kyoto. Work has now begun on a Barracks.

Turn 112, 820 BC: Confucianism has been founded in Toledo!
Turn 112, 820 BC: The Oracle has been built in a far away land!

Turn 113, 805 BC: Barbarian's Warrior (2.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (4.40)
Turn 113, 805 BC: Combat Odds: 0.6%
Turn 113, 805 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 113, 805 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 113, 805 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 113, 805 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 113, 805 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 113, 805 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (71/100HP)
Turn 113, 805 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (42/100HP)
Turn 113, 805 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (13/100HP)
Turn 113, 805 BC: Barbarian's Warrior is hit for 29 (0/100HP)
Turn 113, 805 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Warrior!

The roster:

socralynnek > just played
Samson > up
Shabba > on deck
BCLG100
Darkness
Tubby Rower

socralynnek
14-08-2006, 15:27
Saw your comments after having played, Samson but saw the same...

Oracle has been build in my turnset, so no chance there.

Samson
14-08-2006, 15:30
I should be able to play around 5 BST (3.5 hours). What do we think about chopping around Tokyo? A waste, or very usefull to get the lib up ASAP?

Any other suggestions?

Tubby Rower
14-08-2006, 15:35
How many axes are we going to need before starting a war with Izzy? Toledo would be nice to have since it's a holy city. Any clue if Izzy has copper?

Darkness
14-08-2006, 16:06

I should be able to play around 5 BST (3.5 hours). What do we think about chopping around Tokyo? A waste, or very usefull to get the lib up ASAP?

Any other suggestions?

Chopping is good. Library ASAP please.

How many axes are we going to need before starting a war with Izzy? Toledo would be nice to have since it's a holy city. Any clue if Izzy has copper?

I really don't think we can afford a war right now. We have three cities and maintenance is already killing us. More cities on the new continent would lead to bankrupcy, IMHO.
We should colonize the islands near Kyoto ASAP. Those cities won't give shields, but they'd give a lot of beakers.

Samson
14-08-2006, 16:09
I really do not think we will be able to afford any more cities until we get CoL, with the possible exception of a holy city with a shrine. We would need to calculate how much it is likely to cost us compared to how many cities have that religion.

If we cut of the main bit of spanish territory from the expance south of us we are likely to be busy fighting barbs for some time.

Tubby Rower
14-08-2006, 17:02
and fighting those barbs will produce experienced units in Toledo :(

Samson
14-08-2006, 19:24
PFC (730) – fine

715 (1) – found some more sheep. Started chopping.

IBT – confususism spreads to Tokyo. I convert for the culture.

685 (3) – finish cottage, start more chopping

IBT – Finish barracks in kyoto, start settler.

640 (6) – move work boats back inside cultureal boundries, save 1 gpt.

IBT Axe kill barb archer, no damage, leave upgrade.

595 (9) – Whip unhappiness down to 1 in kyoto. Leave pop on crabs to get settler quicker.

580 (10) – Confusism speards to Osaka. Barb archer appears next to Tokyo. I expect it will head towards a spanish city, and we have 2 wariors in Tokyo. Not sure if we want to do anything about it.

Save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0580_01.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 119, 715 BC: Confucianism has spread in Tokyo.

Turn 120, 700 BC: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 120, 700 BC: CDZ converts to Confucianism!
Turn 120, 700 BC: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.

Turn 124, 640 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Axeman (9.50)
Turn 124, 640 BC: Combat Odds: 0.0%
Turn 124, 640 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 124, 640 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 124, 640 BC: (Fortify: +20%)
Turn 124, 640 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 34 (66/100HP)
Turn 124, 640 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 34 (32/100HP)
Turn 124, 640 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 34 (0/100HP)
Turn 124, 640 BC: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 125, 625 BC: Moses has been born in a far away land!

Turn 126, 610 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 $ for Tokyo.

Turn 127, 595 BC: Confucianism has spread in Osaka.
Turn 127, 595 BC: The Kashi Vishwanath has been built in a far away land!

Turn 128, 580 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Tokyo!

Tubby Rower
14-08-2006, 20:36
Hmm.. Moses almost has to be Spanish. I think that she has 3 religious Holy Cities now.

BCLG100
14-08-2006, 21:15
Well the Kashi Vishwanath is Hindu and Izzy is a hindu so if we can find whichever city that is in (Madrid most likely) then we have a holy city with fully functioning shrine-it could be worth considering making a tactical raid into the enemy territory while research CoL and taking madrid while helping research along through use of pillaging. Every other city we can raze really.

If we can find some trees beneath toledo we can put some units in there to stop Toledo's defenders from gaining exp and giving our own the benefeit.

Samson
15-08-2006, 13:13
socralynnek
Samson > just played
Shabba > up
BCLG100 > on deck
Darkness
Tubby Rower

What are we to do about the archer on our border? I think nothing is perfectly reasnoble, as I expect it to attack spain (it usually goes for the civ with the highest score).

Next city I think has to go on the tile next to the cows.

I think we should take the scientist off in Kyoto and put him on the crab. We loose 1 commerce and gain 4 food, getting the next city quicker.

Darkness
15-08-2006, 13:19

I think we should take the scientist off in Kyoto and put him on the crab. We loose 1 commerce and gain 4 food, getting the next city quicker.

How many turns to sailing? If we can afford a new city (maintenance-wise), then I am totally in favour. Maybe we could whip the galley immediately after the settler. Then settle the two tile island and give the town a workboat to increase growth. That should give us more beakers, right?

Samson
15-08-2006, 13:49

How many turns to sailing? If we can afford a new city (maintenance-wise), then I am totally in favour. Maybe we could whip the galley immediately after the settler. Then settle the two tile island and give the town a workboat to increase growth. That should give us more beakers, right?

I cannot remeber exactly, but not many turns, definatly we will have sailing before the settler finishes.

I think we sould definatly found 1 city up there. With 3 food resorces it will grow quickly and pay for itself in very few turns. The other on will not have any food resorces until the borders expand, and then only 2 whales (which cannot be improved before optics). It will have 3 (?) hammers in the city square, but will be a drain on our ecconomy for a few turns. The biggest reason to build it is to get the required number of courthouses for the FP, but it is a while before that is an issue. We shall have a better idea how much it will cost us when we found the clams one. It will also give us stone if we have masonary, but I am not sure this is much of an issue.

Definatly whip the galley when we can. We have 2 work boats sitting around doing nothing. We should also consider building a worker. It has only 1 tile to improve, but that gives us 1 hammer + 2 food per turn (?) + 1 health reasorce that will make growing the cities for big whipping projects easier. Is that worth 90 (?) hammers + food, I am not sure.

Darkness
15-08-2006, 14:15

We should also consider building a worker. It has only 1 tile to improve, but that gives us 1 hammer + 2 food per turn (?) + 1 health reasorce that will make growing the cities for big whipping projects easier. Is that worth 90 (?) hammers + food, I am not sure.

It'll be an investment, but I think using the clams we should be able to get the worker fairly quickly. 2 food and 1 hammer pays for the worker cost in 30 turns, so I'd definately build it.

socralynnek
15-08-2006, 15:28
Yeah, build the worker, the cow gives also +1 health which would be fine if we decide to switch to Hereditary Rule at some point.

Shabbaman
15-08-2006, 16:36
I can play in an hour, for half an hour or so. Must be able to squeeze in 5 turns or so then.

Samson
15-08-2006, 16:52
The axemen in the south has an upgrade to be used. It may be worth giving him the woodman upgrade unless we want to keep it for city raiding.

Shabbaman
15-08-2006, 17:27
Well, for what it's worth: I've noticed that axeman with CR upgrades can be very useful once you've upgraded them to something like rifle (because CR is unavailable for those units). Probably a pretty useless statement here, just wanted to let you know. I don't like the guerilla/woodsman upgrade, unless you get them both.

Samson
15-08-2006, 17:34

Well, for what it's worth: I've noticed that axeman with CR upgrades can be very useful once you've upgraded them to something like rifle (because CR is unavailable for those units). Probably a pretty useless statement here, just wanted to let you know. I don't like the guerilla/woodsman upgrade, unless you get them both.

CR promotinos are great if we are attacking cities, but I would not expect to be doing much of that for a while. This is our only axeman ATM.

As I would expect him to spend quite a long time fortifided on woods being attacked by barbs that that could be a usefull upgrade. The other option would be anti archer (cover?) but then he may be in trouble when the barb axemen turn up.

I could not make the decision, that is why you are stuck with it.

Shabbaman
15-08-2006, 17:39
End of 580 b.c.: wow, Spain is really outgrowing us... 3 turns to sailing, 2 when I crack up research. 11 turns for the settler, so there's no point in increasing science spendings. Thus, taking the scientist off as well. 8 turns for settler. That upgradeble axe already has combat I and II. Why upgrade to woodsman? We could specialize the unit and give it shock. I'm leaning towards CR, but leave it as there's no point in upgrading now.

IBT: we lose a warrior to a barb axe. Barb axe shows up next to our axe.

565 b.c. This makes the choice easy, woodsman it is.

IBT: barb axe defeated by turbo axe.

550 b.c Tokyo builds library. Switch to axe, but I take a worker from the mine and put it on the cottage. We need some growth, plus we could need some cash. I'm considering granary.

535 b.c. Enter.

520 b.c. 1 turn for axe in Osaka, whip.

505 b.c. Osaka builds axe, makes another in 3. After this one, I'd say library?

490 b.c. Science to 100% for a turn.

IBT spotted nasty barb units near Toledo.

475 b.c. We got sailing. I switch to mathematics for the improved chopping, but I'm out of time so I'm quitting now anyway. Discuss and feel free to change it. 1 turn for settler in Kyoto, whip! Next should be the galley.
1 turn to axe in Osaka, could be whipped, but then it's getting really small.

Save is here (http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0475_01.Civ4SavedGame).

quote:Turn 128, 580 BC: The Pyramids has been built in a far away land!
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman (5.00) vs CDZ's Warrior (3.60)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Combat Odds: 87.5%
Turn 128, 580 BC: (Extra Combat: +30%)
Turn 128, 580 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 128, 580 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 128, 580 BC: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 128, 580 BC: (Combat: +25%)
Turn 128, 580 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 23 (77/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (84/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (68/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (52/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (36/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 23 (54/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (20/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 16 (4/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 23 (31/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 23 (8/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: CDZ's Warrior is hit for 23 (0/100HP)
Turn 128, 580 BC: Barbarian's Axeman has defeated CDZ's Warrior!

Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Warrior (2.40) vs Barbarian's Axeman (0.40)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Plot Defense: +75%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 13 (0/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Warrior has defeated Barbarian's Axeman!
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman (5.00) vs CDZ's Axeman (10.75)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Combat Odds: 0.6%
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Feature: +20%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 13 (87/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 13 (74/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 13 (61/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 13 (48/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 129, 565 BC: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Axeman!

Turn 131, 535 BC: The borders of Tokyo have expanded!

Turn 134, 490 BC: You have discovered Sailing!

Samson
16-08-2006, 11:46

475 b.c. We got sailing. I switch to mathematics for the improved chopping, but I'm out of time so I'm quitting now anyway. Discuss and feel free to change it. 1 turn for settler in Kyoto, whip! Next should be the galley.
1 turn to axe in Osaka, could be whipped, but then it's getting really small.
Nice as Maths would be, it is nearly half the total cost of getting to CoL (it is 555? and Myst -> CoL is 1205?). As that is when we really can start expanding anything that slows us down on that is just too much of a cost IMO.

Just to check with the timing of the whipping, it is best to do it when there is between 30 - 60 (?) hammers remaining if you are optomizing hammers to pop, and when there is the maximum amount of population lost when you are optomizing hammers to happiness.

socralynnek
16-08-2006, 13:09
I think this is at Epic speed, so best is 45-55 hammers left, but only when one gets a production bonus (OR, Forge etc.) s.t. it costs 1 pop but brings 88 hammers. Without bonus it doesn't matter when to rush as it's then always 44 hammers per pop.

Shabbaman
16-08-2006, 13:29

[quote]Originally posted by Shabbaman
Nice as Maths would be, it is nearly half the total cost of getting to CoL (it is 555? and Myst -> CoL is 1205?).

You're right, somehow I keep thinking that maths is a prerequisite for CoL. Must be the placement in the tech tree.

Samson
16-08-2006, 14:03

I think this is at Epic speed, so best is 45-55 hammers left, but only when one gets a production bonus (OR, Forge etc.) s.t. it costs 1 pop but brings 88 hammers. Without bonus it doesn't matter when to rush as it's then always 44 hammers per pop.

I think you are wrong. I have not tested this, but from what DaveMcW sayshttp://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3544368&postcount=12 it does not matter about the forge etc. but only matters on epic or above;

Hammer quick Stand Epic Marathon
30 2…30 2…30 1…30 1…30
31 2…60 2…60 1…60 1…60
32 2…60 2…60 1…60 1…60
44 3…60 2…60 1…60 1…60
45 3…60 2…60 2…60 1…60
60 4…60 3…60 2…60 1…60
61 4…90 3…90 2…90 1…90
89 5…90 3…90 2…90 1…90
90 5…90 4…90 3…90 2…90
91 5…120 4…120 3…120 2…120

So from 1 - 30 hammers remaining you get 30 hammers / pop, from 31 - 44 you get 60, from 45 - 60 you get 30, from 61 - 89 you get 45, then it get more complicated.

So, rush at 31 - 44 for the most hammers / pop. If you need more hammers (and that is good for happiness / hammers) then check the chart (or understand what you are doing).

Shabbaman
16-08-2006, 14:09
Don't the hammers carry through to the next build?

In my current SP game I rushed the Taj Mahal for 6 pop (after reloading...). Afterwards I realised that I might've lost as much as I had gained from the GA.

Samson
16-08-2006, 14:16

Don't the hammers carry through to the next build?
Yes they do, but the total number of hammers you get is dependant on the number of hammers that are remaining in this build. Couple of examples;

1 hammer left in this build, 29 hammers carried through, total 30 hammers 1 pop killed.

31 hammers left in build, 29 hammers carried through, total 60 hammers, 1 pop killed.

Shabbaman
16-08-2006, 14:35
Right. 30><45 hammers, 1 pop=60 hammers. Moronic.

Samson
16-08-2006, 14:45

Right. 30><45 hammers, 1 pop=60 hammers. Moronic.

It is blatantly a bug caused by the change of game speed. It has been allowed though because it is too hard to rule against.

socralynnek
16-08-2006, 16:47
the post you are referring to doesn't apply to v1.61

will test it soon.

BCLG: any news when you can play or shall we skip you?

Samson
16-08-2006, 17:09

will test it soon.

quote:Edit: This post applies to patch 1.52. All bugs were fixed in 1.61.

I do not know how I missed that. It would be very interesting to know how it works now.

Samson
16-08-2006, 17:11

[quote]quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

will test it soon.

Edit: This post applies to patch 1.52. All bugs were fixed in 1.61.

I do not know how I missed that. It would be very interesting to know how it works now.

BTW, how does it work with the forge? Is it just the rounding cuttof that makes the difference?

socralynnek
16-08-2006, 17:42
Did a quick test:

So, here is how it works: when there are no bonuses, each pop gives 44 hammers at Epic

You always get the needed multiple of 44 to finish it.

When calculating how many pops are needed the game takes bonuses into account but not when applying.

So let's say: There's a forge and 45 hammers left.
1 pop should give 44 hammers +25% =55 hammers
So the game says 1 pop point is enough to rush.
But when applying the hammers one gets always a multiple of 44. Since 44 are not enough to complete, one gets 88 hammers for one pop.

But when there are 43 hammers left one only gets 44 hammers for that pop point even with a forge.

Here it is explained for normal speed:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=159109

And here is a spreadsheet for calculating when to rush (green area, enter 44 at the top)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129595&d=1149972771

Shabbaman
16-08-2006, 18:02
Bizarre.

Tubby Rower
16-08-2006, 18:17
I don't understand the spreadsheet. Is it saying that if you have 45 hammers left on a build, and rush, it'll give you 88 hammers for 1 pop? Or will it consume 2 pop even though you need only 1 pop for +25% production bonus?

Samson
16-08-2006, 18:32

I don't understand the spreadsheet. Is it saying that if you have 45 hammers left on a build, and rush, it'll give you 88 hammers for 1 pop? Or will it consume 2 pop even though you need only 1 pop for +25% production bonus?

I think he is saying the former.

Does this also happen with building we get a 100% bonus on (like lighthouse and barracks)? We could get a shed load of hammers then.

BCLG100
16-08-2006, 21:08

will test it soon.

Sorry i didnt realise it was my turnthough i have been reading discussion.

could you skip me? i get my results for my A-levels tomorrow so im absolutly shitting it now and going out to take my mind of it.

Darkness
16-08-2006, 22:45
That means I am up, right?

I can play tomorrow evening I guess...

Samson
17-08-2006, 14:23
Rather than messing about with the server, I have written a little script to autogenerate a summary of our posts at CFC. It is perl, but most OS's have this built in. I belive some crappy OS's made made by a little cowboy opperation in seattle do not have it built in, so if you are unfortunate enough to rely on one of these you may need to get an interpreter from http://www.ActiveState.com

I shall do a bit more work on it, but is sort of works ATM. Any comments / bug reports apperitiated.

The script cannot be uploaded. I include the source code below. How to get it to work;

Make a new directory or choose one to use.
Copy the code below into a file called parsePosts.pl
Mark our thread from the "Post# XX" of the last message that you do NOT want to be included to the "Post# XX" of the last message you DO want to be included.
Put this text into a file in the directory above (eg. cdz.txt).
At the command prompt in the directory above run the command "perl parsePosts.pl cdz.txt cfc.txt"
cfc.txt contains the text that can be posted into the reply window of our thread at CFC.

I know this is not exactly user friendly, esp. if you are more used to a visual environment. It is also not perfect. I belive it is easier that what we were doing before. It is still work in progress, but I should not skive any more today.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

if($#ARGV != 1) {
die "use: perl parsePosts.pl inputFile outputfile";
}

open(INFILE, "<$ARGV[0]");
open(OUTFILE, ">$ARGV[1]");

my $inheader = 1;
my $inbody = 0;
my $inname = 0;
my $line;
my $firstLine = 1;

while($line = <INFILE>) {
if($line =~ /Post #[0-9]+/) {
if($firstLine == 0) {
print OUTFILE "[/QUOTE]\n";
} else {
$firstLine = 0;
}
$inname = 1;
$inbody = 0;
}
if($inname == 1) {
if($line =~ /Go to Top of Page/) {
$line = <INFILE>;
$line = <INFILE>;
chomp $line;
print OUTFILE "[QUOTE=${line}]";
$inname = 0;
$inheader = 1;
}
}
if($inheader == 1) {
if($line =~ /Reply with Quote/) {
$inheader = 0;
$inbody = 1;
$line = <INFILE>;
}
}
if($inbody == 1) {
print OUTFILE $line;
}
}

[EDIT] It would be less vunerable to starting the copy / paste in a different place if you change;

my $inheader = 1;
my $inbody = 0;
my $inname = 0;

to
my $inheader = 0;
my $inbody = 0;
my $inname = 1;

socralynnek
17-08-2006, 15:11
Cool, will test it. It does not cut the signatures away afaics, but that is not a problem, I think.

Looks quite readable although it's perl...if I have any ideas I'll include them.

Samson
17-08-2006, 15:31

Cool, will test it. It does not cut the signatures away afaics, but that is not a problem, I think.

Looks quite readable although it's perl...if I have any ideas I'll include them.

I would not usually use perl, but it seemed like a simple enough text handling application to warant it. You may have noticed I am not into comments ;) I hope the variable names amke it clear what is going on.

It does not work perfectly. I generated the last post over at CFC with it, and it did not include a couple of posts in quote marks. I do not know why. I shall have another look at it when I get time.

I think it does cut out the sigs. When I copy and paste the sigs are below the /Post# [0-9]+/ that I use as the marker of the end of the body text.

socralynnek
17-08-2006, 16:15
Yeah, sigs are cut.

Replies are not that nice but it seems there is no way to see when a quote is over as the lines are not copied.

I have lerned how nice perl for such tasks is, with c++ or something else you'd need hundreds of lines of code.

Samson
17-08-2006, 16:33

Yeah, sigs are cut.

Replies are not that nice but it seems there is no way to see when a quote is over as the lines are not copied.

I have lerned how nice perl for such tasks is, with c++ or something else you'd need hundreds of lines of code.

I tryed to get the html out of the copy and paste, but did not manage it. It would be a lot more work to transform all the markup anyway. That would allow you to mark the quotes though. You could probably link the images as well. I think something like pasting into a html editor may work.

This is exactly what perl was made for. You can do it very similarly in java, but there would be a few more lines setting up the object structure. If it was much more comaplicated I would use that.

I tried finding a direct link to active perl for people to down load, but it is not possible, and you need to give them an email address to get it. Are you aware of another perl interpreter? Active perl is pretty good for developing, but it totally over the top for just running something like this. I found PXPerl at http://pxperl.com/files/ but I have not used it, and cannot vouch for it.

socralynnek
17-08-2006, 16:41
I am currently under kubuntu, so there is a perl interpreter build-in.

I only have the ActivePerl one under Windows, so I can't say something about other ones.

Darkness
17-08-2006, 22:33
475 BC (0) – Inherited turn. Switch research to Mysticism-Meditation- Priesthood-Code of Laws
IT –
460 BC (1) – Kyoto: settler -> galley. Osaka: axeman -> axeman. Science slider to 80%
IT – Axe is attacked by barbarian archer -> archer dies
445 BC (2) – Whip galley in Kyoto. Science slider to 30%. We’re almost broke…
IT –
430 BC (3) – Kyoto: galley -> worker
IT –
415 BC (4) – Discover mysticism, start meditation. Science slider to 10%
IT –
400 BC (5) – Found Edo. Set both workboats to work the clams. Edo starts library. Science slider to 30%
IT –
385 BC (6) –
IT –
370 BC (7) – Osaka: axeman -> library
IT –
355 BC (8) – Barbarian axeman spotted near Osaka. Move axes to respond. Science slider to 40%
IT –
340 BC (9) – Axeman kills barbarian archer
IT –
325 BC (10) – Kyoto: worker -> lighthouse

I’ve left a few axemen with a promotion unpromoted. We can decide what we want later.
The Galley is en route to Edo…

Save:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0325_01.Civ4SavedGame

quote:
Here is your Session Turn Log from 475 BC to 325 BC:

Turn 136, 460 BC: Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs CDZ's Axeman (10.75)
Turn 136, 460 BC: Combat Odds: 0.0%
Turn 136, 460 BC: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 136, 460 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 136, 460 BC: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 136, 460 BC: (Feature: +20%)
Turn 136, 460 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 11 (89/100HP)
Turn 136, 460 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 35 (65/100HP)
Turn 136, 460 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 35 (30/100HP)
Turn 136, 460 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 35 (0/100HP)
Turn 136, 460 BC: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 138, 430 BC: You have discovered Mysticism!

Turn 140, 400 BC: Edo has been founded.

Turn 142, 370 BC: The borders of Osaka have expanded!

Turn 143, 355 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!

Turn 144, 340 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Osaka!
Turn 144, 340 BC: CDZ's Axeman (5.50) vs Barbarian's Archer (2.54)
Turn 144, 340 BC: Combat Odds: 99.6%
Turn 144, 340 BC: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 144, 340 BC: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 144, 340 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (50/100HP)
Turn 144, 340 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (23/100HP)
Turn 144, 340 BC: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 144, 340 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 144, 340 BC: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
Turn 144, 340 BC: Your Axeman has destroyed a Archer!
Turn 144, 340 BC: The Great Lighthouse has been built in a far away land!

socralynnek
17-08-2006, 23:22
socralynnek > on deck
Samson
Shabba
BCLG100 > skipped...probably getting drunk because of his A-levels either good or bad
Darkness > just played
Tubby Rower > UP

Tubby, do you want to play soon or at the weekend? (If at the weekend, I'd do my turns before) I can play anytime in the next few days.

Samson
18-08-2006, 12:37
If I come UP over the weekend you can skip / swop me, not likely to get to a computer till monday.

Should we not build a grannery before a lib in Edo? We are going to be getting most of our hammers from whippig and a grannery roughly doulbes the effectivness of whipping.

How many more turns would it take to go to CoL via polytheism? That is a more usefull tech with giving access to Organised religeon (or is the tech called monotheism?) rather than monastries which we are less likely to use. It is not worth much of a delay though. [EDIT] We have allready started meditation, so we have to do that now.

socralynnek
18-08-2006, 13:43
OR one gets with Monotheism which is not a prereq for CoL.

The only choice one has is to get to Priesthood either via Poly or Meditation. Poly gives nothing but Parthenon, but Med gives Monastery so this is better.

socralynnek
18-08-2006, 17:12
bump!

Tubby, you are up, and I know you are online...;)

Any news?

Tubby Rower
18-08-2006, 17:15
I can play tonight.

EDIT:: if you can play right now ynnek, go ahead and play and I'll play tonight whether it is from the current save or after you.

socralynnek
18-08-2006, 17:25
Go on, I'll play tomorrow then. There I have a little more time.

BCLG100
18-08-2006, 17:29
I'm soberish now but ive got a time of holidays coming up so my apologies if im unable to play

Sunday/monday my time im going to a funeral and then on Wednesday i leave for a music festival and dont get back till the following monday.

But if i can be fitted in on the tuesday i can play then or even tomorrow evening, once again my apologies :)

socralynnek
18-08-2006, 17:38
Sure, you can already reserve a time slot on Tuesday to play...
We'll make it fitting!

Samson
18-08-2006, 17:42
So BCLG100 how did you do?

BCLG100
18-08-2006, 18:28
well i got into a uni which was the main thing but it was my second choice one-im thinking about getting my papers remarked because one exam people who had been getting A's the whole year round got E's/U's-the exam could mean the difference between me getting into my first choice or second choice.

In that exam i got an E which was the highest grade out of the whole year who did that subject and while im okish at English i certainly know im not the best at it.

same sort of thing in History also- i got 5A's out of 6 exams and then another exam was a D :S so my grade got pulled down to a B, maybe its just me wishing for better grades but it still seems a bit weird to me....

Tubby Rower
18-08-2006, 23:26
playing now

Tubby Rower
19-08-2006, 01:09
325 BC (0) - switch Edo to granary
310 BC (1) - start pasture
move axeman towards Tokyo
rush library in Osaka for 2 pop and now :) = :( @ 4 pop (went from 15 turns to grow to 8)
295 BC (2) - Osaka library -> axe
move axeman into tokyo
notice some borders SE of Kyoto
280 BC (3) - Kyoto has 5 pop and 2 non-workers. I think about rushing the lighthouse with 1 pop but the :( will last for 39 turns [eek] also we already have 2 :( for whipping
265 BC (4) - Mahavira has been born in a far away land
Spanish chariot shows up in the east moving SE
250 BC (5) - Spanish chariot moves to Toledo
bump science to 40%

had to end it here. <<Save>> (http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0250_01.Civ4SavedGame)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2006819081_Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
65.52KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/20068190626_Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
117.39KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/20068190831_Image1.jpg
47.25KB

quote:Here is your Session Turn Log from 325 BC to 250 BC:

Turn 145, 325 BC: The Parthenon has been built in a far away land!

Turn 148, 280 BC: Mahavira has been born in a far away land!

socralynnek
19-08-2006, 02:01
Am I blind? Don't see borders there.

Nonetheless we have to wait til Optics to get there, will play in 9 hours or so.

BCLG100
19-08-2006, 04:25
i can see something not sure if its borders though.

socralynnek
19-08-2006, 12:21
250 BC (0, 510 turns left) - Lokk around for a while, don't rush anything we need the pop when it comes to rushing Courthouses.
Set a worker to Scientist in Kyoto, we gain 1 beaker by this and Kyoto will grow in 4 instead of 2 turns which isn't a problem cause it would be an unhappy, unhealthy one anyway.
No need to rush Lighthouse as we have nothing really useful to build afterwards.

235 BC - We are on place 8 when it comes to the most advanced civilizations, with Izzy being 2nd. What a surprise...

220 BC - Meditation comes in. 6 turns to Priesthood. Science at 30% (+3 from scientist) with breaking even.
I don't want Kyoto to gro unhappy again, so I starve it a little and take another scientist.

175 BC - Taoism has been founded. Worker is done with the cow and sits in Edo.

145 BC - Edo and Osaka have grown and our GNP is now higher than Izzy's!

130 BC - Priesthood comes in. Axe done in Osaka. Start building a Conf temple cause it is already at happiness limit.
Kyoto has only one unhappy citizen now so it can both hae two scientist and have surplus food.
We are at 40% science at -1gpt. CoL in 25 turns.

100 BC (10) - Edo has grown and is unhappy so I think the next player should whip the Granary. OTOH we'd lose 2commerce if we whip now so maybe wait until it is either at size 5 or it costs only 1 pop.

No need for a screenie, not that much has changed.

I propose we wait with settling Stones until we have the first Courthouses. Before it will cost too much city maintenance in all cities.

The save:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_BC0100_01.Civ4SavedGame

-----------------
Here is your Session Turn Log from 250 BC to 100 BC:

Turn 151, 235 BC: You have discovered Meditation!

Turn 153, 205 BC: Merit Ptah has been born in a far away land!

Turn 154, 190 BC: Taoism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 157, 145 BC: You have discovered Priesthood!
------------------

Samson >skipped over the weekend
Shabba > UP
BCLG100 > will play on tuesday
Darkness > on deck
Tubby Rower

Beam
20-08-2006, 02:11
Just came back from Tuscany and had a great holiday there (pics later). Please gimme a place in the roster if you still like my ugly mug over here. Anything exciting besides bad corruption?

socralynnek
20-08-2006, 02:47
Since Shabba didn't post by now when he can play, you can just jump in if you like.

Most important: We are on the way to CoL. Our 2nd and 3rd city are on an island with Izzy alone. Barbs were annoying but are not that bad anymore.
It's a very interesting but difficult game cause one has to care about details to not trash economy altogether.

Maybe you can take a look into the save and say if you feel comfortable playing or if you want to wait for 1 or 2 players to do their turns.

Beam
20-08-2006, 11:50
I'll play it sometime today.

Shabbaman
20-08-2006, 12:15
Huh? You're back! I'll play after you then.

Beam
20-08-2006, 13:27

Huh? You're back! I'll play after you then.

Shabba, please play first if you want to! I didn't intend to break in the roster.

Shabbaman
20-08-2006, 13:32
I'm very busy, please go ahead!

Beam
20-08-2006, 16:36
0: Nada

1: Tokyo Axe > Gran

2: Nada

3: Kyoto Lighthouse > Settler

4: Nada

5: Rush Gran in Edo (1 pop)

6: Edo Gran > Lib

7: Slider to 0 research for cash.

8: Nada

9: A Great Scientist in Kyoto. [dance] It will research Maths which is of little use. Adding it as specialist gives 1 hammer, 6 beakers. Building an academy adds 50% to 13 beakers makes 19 beakers total.

There is something to say for the specialist because of the hammer imo and at this size the extra beakers are the same for either option. I'm pausing for a couple of hours for discussion.

Shabbaman
20-08-2006, 17:08
But the academy also gives culture. Do we need that? Obviously an academy gives more beakers later on in the game.

Beam
20-08-2006, 18:34

But the academy also gives culture. Do we need that? Obviously an academy gives more beakers later on in the game.

Afaik there is no need for culture in that area. Indeed the academy will give more beakers later on but atm and in the near future Kyoto won't be able to grow cause of unhappiness. Also there aren't many ways to increase hammers there. One additional hammer means a 50% increase!

socralynnek
20-08-2006, 19:20
Normally that early I'd go for anAcademy any time.
But your thoughts are valid. That hammer can sometimes make a difference for getting bonuses. Especially with Forge and OR at some point, that 1 makes 1 one more.
I think both is nice, the Specialist is more shortterm help, but that's where we need help the most. So. I'd be fine with both.

Beam
20-08-2006, 22:08
Decided for the superspecialist in the end, to my surprise beakers went from 13 to 21. Guess it adds to base beakers upon which the library bonus is applied. CoL in 12.

Shabba is next?

Sav: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0050_01.Civ4SavedGame

socralynnek
21-08-2006, 00:04
The (extended roster)

socralynnek
Samson
Beam > just played
Shabba > UP
BCLG100 > will play on tuesday
Darkness > on deck
Tubby Rower

Darkness & Shabba, I have promised BCLG that he could play on Tuesday so please take care of this s.t. not two people play at the same time.

Shabbaman
21-08-2006, 21:35
I can play wednesday at the earliest, I'm afraid. Skip me.

Tubby Rower
21-08-2006, 21:42
Are we in any position to extort land out of Izzy?

Beam
21-08-2006, 22:31

Are we in any position to extort land out of Izzy?

Bad idea imo, corruption is rampant on that area and another city there will make it worse. Izzy is doing a nice job of catching barbs for us, downside there is a triple city defending archer already in Toledo.

Darkness
21-08-2006, 22:36
50 AD (0) – Inherited turn
65 AD (1) –
80 AD (2) –
95 AD (3) –
110 AD (4) –
125 AD (5) – Osaka: Temple -> granary
140 AD (6) –
IT – Barbarian axe killed by our axe…
155 AD (7) – Kyoto: Settler -> warrior
170 AD (8) –
185 AD (9) - Warrior whipped in Kyoto
200 AD (10) – Kyoto: Warrior -> warrior. Library whipped in Edo

Save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0200_01.Civ4SavedGame

quote:
Here is your Session Turn Log from 50 AD to 200 AD:

Turn 170, 50 AD: Christianity has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 176, 140 AD: The borders of Tokyo have expanded!
Turn 176, 140 AD: Barbarian's Axeman (5.00) vs CDZ's Axeman (9.25)
Turn 176, 140 AD: Combat Odds: 1.2%
Turn 176, 140 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 176, 140 AD: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 176, 140 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 176, 140 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 176, 140 AD: (Combat: +50%)
Turn 176, 140 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 27 (46/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 14 (72/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 27 (19/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 27 (0/100HP)
Turn 176, 140 AD: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Axeman!

Turn 179, 185 AD: Nabu-rimanni has been born in a far away land!

Turn 180, 200 AD: Satsuma has been founded.

BCLG100
21-08-2006, 23:27
i think i can fit in the turn anytime from now until tomorrow evening.

socralynnek
22-08-2006, 00:09
Fine. Then go on!

Here's the roster:

socralynnek
Samson
Beam
Shabba
BCLG100 > UP
Darkness > just played
Tubby Rower > on deck

Tubby, do you already know whether you have to play after BCLG?

BCLG: I think whipping courthouses is worth losing pop in our 2 distant cities.
We should then go for having 6 cities s.t. we then can soon build a FP.

BCLG100
22-08-2006, 01:01
well was leaving it for a little bit of discussion first.

i was thinking we could grab metal casting build a forge and then get GE points and use the engineer to rush the FP.

socralynnek
22-08-2006, 03:10
hmmm... we already got a Scientist, meaning we'd need 300 GPP for an Engineer. With just 1 Engineer, that's 100 turns, so that sounds a little long.
OTOH Metal Casting next doesn't seem a bad idea. I don't think we want CS for Bureaucracy.

FP is 300 hammers IIRC, so probably we are faster handbuilding it. But those 300 hammers would also be some nice units that we could then use to go after Izzy after rushing FP.
Maybe we could start collecting GPP already now with a Scientist, but then the chances are not 100%.

Tubby Rower
22-08-2006, 13:38
I could try to play tonight (in about 10-16 hours from now) or tomorrow. Again it might not be many turns, but I'll do what I can do.

Samson
22-08-2006, 14:51
We get CoL in 2. The priority must be to get the courthouses and Fp up ASAP.
Satsuma will take ages to build one. I am not sure what is the fastest way to get it up, but I suspect it would be to get a lighthouse there before anything else. I definatly would not build a grannery, it will only get a max of 2 growths without a lighthouse or culture expansion, that is just not worth it.
We will need 1 more city for the FP. I would start on a settler before the grannery in Osaka, and chop the 2 forests into it. I would build it 1 tile north of the wheat south of osaka, so it gets the sheep and 2 grassland hills as well as fresh water and a load of river tiles. Means that we will be unlikely to use the clams, but a very powerfull city now is worth more that the clams later.

Tubby Rower
22-08-2006, 15:01
Where was Satsuma founded?

socralynnek
22-08-2006, 15:08
Can only be on the Stone hill? Or not?

I agree with Samson, Lighthouse in Satsuma sounds good then, maybe even use a Citizen there to speed it up (might be that letting it grow to 2 then rushing is faster)

EDIT: Research priority should go towards Optics IMO, MC being the first tech to research.

Samson
22-08-2006, 15:23
Satsuma is on the snote hill north of Kyoto. I would be supprised if letting it grow t size 2 and then rushing was not the quickest, but I have never actually worked anything like that out.

Lighthouse is 60 hammers at normal, 90 at epic?

It has 3 hammers from the city square, so the citizen would only increase the rate by 33%. The first pop growth costs 30 IIRC? So we would get it in 15 turns, in which we would generate 45 hammers (and 30 commerce). Then 5 more turns to 60 hammers, then rush. Pop = 1, food = 5, commerce generated (not including city square) = 50?. Turns = 20.

With citizen; 90 / 4 = 22.5. So it takes 23 turns, no food in the box, no commerce generated (not including city square).

Much better to let it grow.

The other question is what tech to reaserch? I think we have to start thinking about war. The most important unit for war is the catapult, so I would go for maths then construction.

Metal casting could be an option, with the forge bonus. It would delay our attack significantly, and I would rather war with cats than war with 25% more axes and no cats (and that does not include the price of the forges).

socralynnek
22-08-2006, 16:03
And Math also gives +50% from chopping which is also nice. That would be fine for me.

I have thought about your proposal BCLG. I think, we can build a FP much faster without GE than with. If we let the city grow to 6, we'd only need to get 168 hammers, then rush (or even less if we get a production bonus from Forge) so that should be faster than the 100 turns we'd need to get that Engineer.

Samson
22-08-2006, 16:21
Thinking some more about the tech path, I think it depends how long it is going to take to reaserch construction AND metal casting, compared to building the courthouses, FP, a good few axemen and then 4 - 6 catapults. If we can get construction before we are ready to build the last few units for the attack it would make sence to get metal casting fisrt and build the forges ASAP. If our production is high enough in the 2 (with a third soon) cities on the mainland that we will have our army before we can reaserch these 3 techs then we shoudl go straight for construction.

I am not sure how to work this out because our GNP is going to go up so much with the construction of courthouses.

BCLG100
23-08-2006, 02:37
ok here goes

PFC-switch to lighthouse in satsuma

IB-not much

215 AD warrior in kyoto galley ordered-warrior moved to city on island (eto?)
Library in edo-lighthouse

IBT-little

230AD-woop CoL

Construction will take- 4 turns for masonary
15 for math
26 for construction

Optics is many many more so i started on math.

everywhere else switched to courthouses

IBT-homer born elsewhere

245AD-not much

IBT-nope

260-boring where are them barbs???

275AD- hurry courthouses everywhere through use of the whimp

290-we now have 12 gpt but i leave it at that so we can run at max science for awhile shortly

IBT-osakas borders expand without actually moving
izzy plants a city south west of osaka on a hill

305-little

IBT-even less

335-granary in osaka-axe

IBT-little

350-again nothing

save- http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0350_01.Civ4SavedGame

and log

Here is your Session Turn Log from 200 AD to 350 AD:

Turn 180, 200 AD: Satsuma has been founded.

Turn 181, 215 AD: You have discovered Code of Laws!

Turn 182, 230 AD: Homer has been born in a far away land!

Turn 185, 275 AD: You have constructed a Courthouse in Kyoto. Work has now begun on a Galley.
Turn 185, 275 AD: You have constructed a Courthouse in Osaka. Work has now begun on a Granary.
Turn 185, 275 AD: You have constructed a Courthouse in Tokyo. Work has now begun on a Granary.
Turn 185, 275 AD: You have constructed a Courthouse in Edo. Work has now begun on a Lighthouse.

Turn 186, 290 AD: The borders of Osaka have expanded!
Turn 186, 290 AD: Zoroaster has been born in a far away land!

Turn 187, 305 AD: Socrates has been born in a far away land!

Turn 188, 320 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 30 $ for Osaka.
Turn 188, 320 AD: The borders of Edo have expanded!
Turn 188, 320 AD: The Dai Miao has been built in a far away land!

Turn 189, 335 AD: Plato has been born in a far away land!

socralynnek
23-08-2006, 10:50
I think, Osaka should build a Settler, we need 6 courthouses for FP.
Tubby, do you have time today, too?

Tubby Rower
23-08-2006, 14:38
I might have some time this afternoon but that's ~ 8 hours away. I'll check back and get the latest save if someone wants it ahead of me.

Tubby Rower
23-08-2006, 22:37
playing now

Tubby Rower
23-08-2006, 23:13
turn 0 (350 AD) - drop science to 0 for a few turns

turn 1(365 AD) - Chichen Itza built far away
Tokyo Granary -> barracks

turn 2 ( 380 AD) turn Science up to 100%

turn 3 (395 AD) - Osaka wants a Monestary ... not right now

turn 4 (410AD) Osaka axeman -> settler
Edo lighthouse -> Obelisk

turn 5 ( 425 AD) - Math -> Civil Service (21 turns)
Satsuma lighthouse -> library
science back to 0%

quote:Here is your Session Turn Log from 350 AD to 425 AD:

Turn 190, 350 AD: Chichen Itza has been built in a far away land!

Turn 194, 410 AD: You have discovered Mathematics!

<<<425AD Save>>> (http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0425_01.Civ4SavedGame)
I started Civil Service for samari... I figure that we should run either @ 0% or 100% science. I read some research somewhere thaty you get the greatest benefit from that. I started a settler in Osaka and Izzy is roading between Toledo and Seville. We might need to go up her soon since she is hogging all of the land. this isn't looking too promising [:s]

Should we start working all of those cottages? If not we should pillage them to get the gold

I have to run as my son just squirted poop out of his diaper onto me :(

socralynnek
24-08-2006, 00:08
We'd need Machinery, CS and IW and Iron for Samurais. That takes too long. I think I'll switch to Construction and then MC. Izzy will attack sooner or later and having some pults ready would be nice.

I'll play soon.

socralynnek
24-08-2006, 01:46
425 AD (0, 465 turns left) - Set research to Masonry which is needed for Construction.
Set Satsuma to buildinga Courthouse.

470 AD (3) - Masonry is in. Go for Construction.

485 AD - Tokyo Rax->Axe

500 AD - Chopped a forest for Settler production.

545 AD - Let Kyoto build an Aqueduct. Galley would have need 3 more turns, leave it unfinished as we don't need it now and it might cost maintenance.

575 AD (10) - Construction done in 5 turns. Settler done next turn.

Here is a pic with my proposal where to found. It has Wheat and Sheep and with some chopped culture buildings (but Courthouse first)

http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~ckwon/sgotm02_ad0575.jpg

The save:

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0575_01.Civ4SavedGame

Here is your Session Turn Log from 425 AD to 575 AD:

Turn 197, 455 AD: You have discovered Masonry!

Turn 199, 485 AD: Ananda has been born in a far away land!

socralynnek
24-08-2006, 01:51
BTW: Satsuma only needs 23 turns to handbuild a Courthouse as we get a bonus on it for being Organized. In 10 turns we can rush it.

The roster:

Samson > UP
Beam > on deck
Shabba
BCLG100
Darkness
Tubby Rower

Samson
24-08-2006, 12:03
I was thinking it was between that tile and the 1 south of it, does that give us another plains hill, but looses us the flood plains? I cannot remember.

I should be able to play lunchtime, may not finish until after work (5 BST).

Tubby Rower
24-08-2006, 13:29
1 s of the proposed tile will lose a forest and a grassland. I would rather just lose the grassland.

Samson
24-08-2006, 15:03
PFC – Buidl road on flood plain, stop building rod on forest.

IBT – Osaka Settler > Axeman.

590 (1)

605 (2)

620 (3) – found Kagoshima

IBT – Bismark meets us. Man are we backward. Trade Stone for Dye and 5 GPT, and sign OB. Edo Oblisk > Aquaduct.

635 (4) – We see Bismarks borders south of Kyoto. Send a galley to explore.

IBT – Construction finished. Start on metal casting. Reach 0.5 million pop.

650 (5) – Meet Hatshestust While exploving Bismarks empire. She has alphabet, and does not have CoL. I shall stop here for discusion. Some possible trades;

Alphabet + 30 gold
Monarcy + Hunting + 30 gold
Calender + Hunting

I think it has to be Alphabet, we can then trade that to Bismark and Issy (if she is not too pissed off at us).

We can also trade clams and or crabs for rice and / or 3 gpt. Do we want to give Hatshepsut crabs?

I shall do the other 5 turns at around 5 BST unless we are still discussing, or anyone else wants to take it before then.

Save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0650_01.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 205, 575 AD: Isabella adopts Hereditary Rule!

Turn 208, 620 AD: Kagoshima has been founded.
Turn 208, 620 AD: Euclid has been born in a far away land!

Turn 209, 635 AD: You have discovered Construction!

Tubby Rower
24-08-2006, 15:14
quote:Do we want to give Hatshepsut crabs?[lol]

I agree with Alpha. It's supremely important in civ4 IMO

Darkness
24-08-2006, 16:16
Alphabet please...

socralynnek
24-08-2006, 16:50
Yeah, Alphabet sounds fine. If Izzy hasn't met anyone else, she won't trade anything but still trading it to Bismarck sounds good.

Samson
24-08-2006, 18:04
OK, so I get Alphabet. What priorities do we have after that? How about (in order, depending what Bismark has);

Metal casting
Monarcy
Some combination of polytheism / iron working / hunting
Calender

socralynnek
24-08-2006, 19:12
But be careful with MC cause we are already researching it (ok, I see, only one turn, so not much invested)
I agree with you. We should go for Optics so MC is nice.

Samson
24-08-2006, 19:32
650 (5) – Trade CoL for Alphabet + 30 gold. Also trade clams and crabs for rice and 3 gpt. I could not resist giveing Hatshepsut crabs ;) We have only alphabet on Issy, but she will not trade. Find Barb city south of Toledo, that will give us a chance to sharpen our swords before get going fully on Issy. As bismark has no techs Hatty does not I wait one turn before trading with him (the only really good one he has is currancy, as calender is not much use).

665 (6) – Trade CoL and Alphabet for Currancy, Iron working, Hunting and 30 gold. We have iron on a hill near Osaka that already has a mine. Meet Mansu Masa, trade CoL for Monarcy. Change production in Kyoto back to galley for exploration.

IBT – Hatty offers Open borders, may as well accept.

680 (7) – spot a galley + settler of Masu heading north. I wonder if this means there is space for more cities that we could exploit?

695 (8) – Nada

IBT – Axe > Catapult in Osaka.

725 (10) – I think it is time to revolt to hereditary rule, but I am not sure so I leave it for the next person. We get to more people to work on coast. Hardly worth the 1 turn revolution.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0725_01.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 210, 650 AD: You have discovered Alphabet!

Turn 211, 665 AD: You have discovered Currency!
Turn 211, 665 AD: You have discovered Hunting!
Turn 211, 665 AD: You have discovered Iron Working!
Turn 211, 665 AD: You have discovered Monarchy!

Turn 214, 710 AD: You have trained a Galley in Kyoto. Work has now begun on a Aqueduct.

Turn 215, 725 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Kagoshima!

Samson
25-08-2006, 13:50
socralynnek
Samson > just played
Beam > UP
Shabba > on deck
BCLG100
Darkness
Tubby Rower

No one has metal casting yet, so that will give us some trading oportunities. What we really want is feudalism, but that is expensive (1600, to MC ~ 1000). It is just possible we would get some tech for MC, then that and MC for feudalism, but not very likely.

I think I should have already revolted to HR, but it is not too late, we may as well do it.

Once the pasture is done for Kagoshima I would think about some chopping. Definatly do the hill, then mine it. However it could be a resnoble production city, and we need one of those for the coming war. I would leave a good few plains forests to work. Once we get machinary we can build some watermills, and with guilds some workshops. Before that plains forests are our best production squares. I would not build a single cottage for this city.

socralynnek
25-08-2006, 23:48
bump!

I haven't seen Beam or shabba posting for a while. Does anybody else (let's say except Samson and me as we just played) have the time to play a few turns?

But let's give Beam and shabba a few more hours ( Shabba is moving houses or not?)...

Shabbaman
25-08-2006, 23:55
Heya,

I'm indeed moving this weekend, I don't know when I can play again unfortunately.

socralynnek
26-08-2006, 01:22
AFAIK BCLG is gone over the weekend, so the roster then looks like

socralynnek
Samson > just played
Beam > still UP
Shabba >probably skipped
BCLG100 > gone over the weekend
Darkness > on deck
Tubby Rower

Shabba, just post when you can play again. And good luck that there are less damages than when Killer moved...

socralynnek
27-08-2006, 19:55
It's exactly since three days that Beam is up, so I think, we should skip him.

I could play tomorrow (if my connection at home works again then). If anyone else wants to play, just post an "I got it" and go on!

BCLG100
29-08-2006, 00:21
well im back now, so if shabba doesnt want too i'll play tomorrow, i'll have a little re-read of the thread asap but i need to sleep after that festival :)

BCLG100
30-08-2006, 02:19
Ok my set i only played 4 turns-you'll see why when i finish.

Just noticed Chitzen itza in madrid-this is gonna make things a whole lot harder for us.

IBT-we meet kublai khan

740AD-notice we have quite a few axes not doing anything-we need to get a couple of axes then push them into the fray
Izzy hasnt met anyone and though she doesnt like us i trade alpha with her for 140 gold (we wont get anything more out of her and anyone she meets will already have this)
also means we can stay at 100% research longer

pop rush courthouse in satsuma

IBT-little

755AD- trade CoL for HBR and 20 gold with kublai, wont get anythin more and makes him pleased with us.

IBT- we meet huayana capac and he immediatly is annoyed with us but were more advanced than someone!

770AD-moved stuff around

IBT- sign OB with Kublai. we get metal casting and start on CS as more people have fued so figure we will eventually get it in a trade.

metal for archers and calender with bismark

cant do any other deals

Stop there as we have a Great scientist produced in Kyoto-not sure what to do with it-we can use it to research philosophy or start an acadamy with it. bear in mind taoism has already been founded

turn logHere is your Session Turn Log from 725 AD to 785 AD:

Turn 216, 740 AD: You have constructed a Courthouse in Satsuma. Work has now begun on a Library.
Turn 216, 740 AD: Christianity has spread in Satsuma.
Turn 216, 740 AD: Bismarck adopts Hereditary Rule!
Turn 216, 740 AD: Kublai Khan adopts Theocracy!

Turn 217, 755 AD: You have discovered Horseback Riding!

Turn 218, 770 AD: You have discovered Metal Casting!
Turn 218, 770 AD: Ptolemy has been born in Kyoto!
Turn 218, 770 AD: Mansa Musa adopts Organized Religion!

Turn 219, 785 AD: You have discovered Calendar!
Turn 219, 785 AD: You have discovered Archery!

and heres the save
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0785_01.Civ4SavedGame

Darkness
30-08-2006, 10:33

Stop there as we have a Great scientist produced in Kyoto-not sure what to do with it-we can use it to research philosophy or start an acadamy with it. bear in mind taoism has already been founded

Philosophy's a nice tech, but it's two main advantages (founding Taoism and running the pacifism civic) are not for us. The cost per unit would kill our already fragile economy, should we opt for pacifism.

Make him an academy...

socralynnek
30-08-2006, 12:58
Ah, I remember, Beam has gone for Scientist Citizen with the first one.

Yeah, then academy!

Do you want to finish your turns BCLG, if so then go ahead.

Tubby Rower
30-08-2006, 13:22
academy sounds good to me.

Samson
30-08-2006, 14:28
The main reason Ias I see it to get Philisophy would be for the trading oportunities. It is an expensive tech ATM, as much as civil service and more than feudalism. If we could trade it for these 2 then it would be well worth it. How far are we off Civil service? If we can get it in a few turns, and then get feudalism for that then I would go for the academy.

Are we still not in HR? 2 extra citizens is some value, but a turn lost is a lot. Is Organised religion on the cards soon?

Another though is do we want to mass upgrade axes to samuri? It would really help with the war against Issy, but significantly slow down getting optics. I think clearing our continent is most important ATM.

Darkness
31-08-2006, 11:59
@BCLG100: Are you going to finish your set of turns? Or should I pick this up tonight?

@All: If I pick this up tonight, what are our objectives? Make an academy and build up for war against Spain?

Samson
31-08-2006, 12:34

@All: If I pick this up tonight, what are our objectives? Make an academy and build up for war against Spain?
The FP is the highest priority. We cannot afford any more expansion until that is ready. I think we are likely to get to samuri before we are ready to attack, so we have to consider prebuilding axemen ready to be mass upgraded to samuri. According to the chart at [1] it costs 179 to upgrade an axeman to a maceman, and it takes half the hammers to build the axeman. I think it would be worth building up enough money to upgrade a reasnoble stack of axemen. It will take a lot longer to get to optics,, but I think taking down spain ASAP is the priority.

[1] http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144897&page=10

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 13:46
quote:but I think taking down spain ASAP is the priorityI agree

BCLG100
31-08-2006, 14:18
Sorry i was at work the whole of yesterday, its only one more turn so can you take the next set darkness?

(are we playing 5 or 10 turn sets?)

from memory it was about 12 turns till CS so in total it'll probably be about 20.

We're going to need a decent sized force of cats as well with izzy having that extra 25% in every city.

Darkness
31-08-2006, 14:27

Sorry i was at work the whole of yesterday, its only one more turn so can you take the next set darkness?

OK, I'll play tonight. :)

socralynnek
31-08-2006, 14:32
You could play 10 turns. The turns are not that long already. Tubby, do you want to play after Darkness, then we are back in the roster, I could play on Saturday morning or so.

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 14:40
I won't be able to play at all today... Parent orientation for Ana's preschool (she's growing up too fast). Tomorrow I might, and Saturday I will be watching football (the not as boring kind). So I should be able to play by Saturday

Darkness
31-08-2006, 22:31
785 AD (0) – GL becomes academy in Kyoto. Revolt to hereditary rule
800 AD (1) – Nothing
815 AD (2) – Nothing
830 AD (3) – Osaka builds catapult -> catapult. Confucianism spreads to Kagoshima.
845 AD (4) – Nothing
860 AD (5) – Exploring galley spots Chinese Lands. We meet Mao. Sign Open borders with him
875 AD (6) – Nothing
890 AD (7) – Sliders to 80%
905 AD (8) – Sliders to 70% Christianity spreads to Kyoto
920 AD (9) – Osaka builds catapult -> catapult
935 AD (10) – Sliders up to 80%. Chopping a forest near Kagoshima gives enough hammers to complete the courthouse next turn. We can begin constructing our Forbidden Palace next turn!

Save is here:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD0935_01.Civ4SavedGame

quote:
Here is your Session Turn Log from 785 AD to 935 AD:

Turn 219, 785 AD: You have discovered Calendar!
Turn 219, 785 AD: You have discovered Archery!
Turn 219, 785 AD: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 219, 785 AD: CDZ adopts Hereditary Rule!
Turn 219, 785 AD: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.
Turn 219, 785 AD: Hatshepsut adopts Bureaucracy!

Turn 221, 815 AD: Confucianism has spread in Kagoshima.

Turn 222, 830 AD: The borders of Kyoto have expanded!
Turn 222, 830 AD: Chuang-Tzu has been born in a far away land!

Turn 225, 875 AD: The Temple of Solomon has been built in a far away land!

Turn 227, 905 AD: Christianity has spread in Kyoto.

Turn 228, 920 AD: Osaka celebrates "We Love the Monarch Day"!!!
Turn 228, 920 AD: Hypatia has been born in a far away land!

Turn 229, 935 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 60 $ for Kagoshima.

Samson
01-09-2006, 17:57
If I am up this weekend I should be skipped.

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 18:04
I guess that I'm up and will likely play tonight or tomorrow.

socralynnek
01-09-2006, 18:46
OK, so I'll play tomorrow morning ( in let's say about 16 hours from now or so when it's middle of the night at your site. So you can either play before me or directly after me.

I don't know when i can play next week and I surely can't play the week after that as you can read in my forum...

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 19:05
sounds good ynnek

Beam
02-09-2006, 01:22
Sorry ppl for the fuck up with the schedule, guess 2 weeks on holiday without an internet connection and computer influences ones attention to checking threads.

socralynnek
02-09-2006, 11:57
hehe, then you can play directly after Tubby.

See this as an "I got it" from my side.

So the roster then looks like:

socralynnek > GOT it
Samson > skipped
Beam > on deck
Shabba > wrote in another thread that he has internet connection in his new home
BCLG100
Darkness > JUST played
Tubby Rower > UP after ynnek

socralynnek
02-09-2006, 16:13
935 AD (0, 431 turns left) - Rush Aqueduct in Kyoto as there are 3 unhappy people anyway.
Arrrrggghhhhhhaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh...we can't start building the FP next turn cause having 6 Courthouses is not the only thing we need, we need at least 8 cities (we have 6).

There is a barbarian city in the south, so i think founding one more city and conquering the barb city should do the trick.
In the meantime we could research to Machinery s.t. we can conquer Izzy with Maces while she doesn't have them.

Move some units out of Tokyo to move our Axes closer to the barb city.

950 AD - Kyoto Aqueduct->Forge, Tokyo Axe->Catapult, Kagoshima Court-> Library (for Culture)
Rush Aqueduct in Edo.

965 AD - Start Forge in Edo.

980 AD - CS comes in. Revolt to Bureaucracy. Set research to machinery.

995 AD - Rush forge in Kyoto.

1010 AD - Kyoto Forge -> Chr. Temple. osaka Cat->Settler.
Stack of 5 Axes+2 Cats moves towards Barb city.
Use an Engineer in Kyoto.

1025 AD - Decide to bild a wroker first in Kyoto for another happy citizen.

1040 AD - Kublai asks to convert to Christianity. I agree cause it will give us good relations to him and Mansa while Conf. is ours only.

1055 AD - Mansa and Kublai are pleased. Rush Lib in Kagoshima. Promote two Axes with Shock.

1070 AD - A barb Axe dies attacking our Axe. Kago Lib->Forge.

1085 AD (10) - Our stack could take the barb city. We could rush the Settler in Osaka. So we could start the FP in2-3 turns.

Here is your Session Turn Log from 935 AD to 1085 AD:

Turn 229, 935 AD: Osaka celebrates "We Love the Monarch Day"!!!
Turn 229, 935 AD: Mansa Musa adopts Bureaucracy!

Turn 231, 965 AD: You have discovered Civil Service!

Turn 232, 980 AD: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 232, 980 AD: CDZ adopts Bureaucracy!
Turn 232, 980 AD: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.

Turn 233, 995 AD: Zu Chongzhi has been born in Guangzhou!
Turn 233, 995 AD: Mo Tzu has been born in Thebes!

Turn 235, 1025 AD: Huayna Capac adopts Vassalage!
Turn 235, 1025 AD: Huayna Capac adopts Serfdom!
Turn 235, 1025 AD: Hatshepsut has completed The Mahabodhi!

Turn 236, 1040 AD: The revolution has begun!!!
Turn 236, 1040 AD: CDZ converts to Christianity!
Turn 236, 1040 AD: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.

Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman (5.50) vs CDZ's Axeman (7.25)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Combat Odds: 22.3%
Turn 237, 1055 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: (Extra Combat: +20%)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: (Combat: -50%)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: (Combat: +75%)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 22 (34/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 22 (12/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
Turn 237, 1055 AD: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Axeman!
Turn 237, 1055 AD: While defending, your Axeman has killed a Barbarian Axeman!

Turn 238, 1070 AD: You have trained a Warrior in Kyoto. Work has now begun on a Christian Temple.
Turn 238, 1070 AD: The borders of Kagoshima have expanded!
Turn 238, 1070 AD: Isabella has completed Angkor Wat!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/socralynnek/200692151117_sgotm02_ad1085.jpg
159.41KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/socralynnek/200692151321_sgotm02_ad1085_2.jpg
138.93KB

Tubby Rower
03-09-2006, 03:01
I got it.. playing soon

Tubby Rower
03-09-2006, 04:53
(t0) 1085 AD - promote one axe to city raider I
promote one axe with cover

- attack Estuscan archer (city defense II) with the one with cover (27.9% chance of victory - 5.5 vs 5.85) and win (gains 4 XP and goes down to 2.0/5 HP
- Attack (archer) with axe with Combat II & shock (64.5% chance of victory - 6.0 vs 5.25) and lose [confused] archer now 1.1/3
- attack (axeman) with a catapult (29.4% chance of victory) - and win [confused] gains 4 XP and is now 1.9/5
- attack (1.1 archer) with city raider promoted axe (100% chance - 5.5 vs 1.72) - and win (gains 1 XP and loses no HP)
- pillage 89 G from Estruscan, capture a worker and keep it.

Wow that was strange.. I rename the two lucky units to Lucky Shots (catapult) and Slice and Dice (axeman). We should track these units.

check what I can get for CS. Neither Kublai nor Bismark will trade anything fair.

hit enter

(t1) 1100AD - move workers to road to Estruscan
Move all units except 2 axes back to Kagoshima

check the trades and Kublai and Bismark will take CS and 110 G for Feud

(t2) 1106 AD - Isabella adopts Vassalage :(
Fued is the same cost

(t3) 1112 AD - Tokyo catapult => catapult
Christians are now in Edo
rush the settler in Osaka

(t4) 1118 AD - Estruscan can start work on a Courthouse now (-12 G maintenence)
Osaka settler -> Aqueduct
Edo expands
Bismark adopts Vassalage and Serfdom
Huayna Capac converts to Christianity
Now Incans will trade with us.. sheesh
I can get Polythesim and 210 G for Alpha or Calendar... hmm I decide to trade Alpha since it's cheaper and everyone has it anyway
Incans go from Annoyed to Cautious to Pleased in the span of one turn [shakehead]
move settler to shore just NW of Kaoshima

Bismark now won't trade with us because "you are becoming too advanced"... bastard

(t5) 1124 AD - Discover Machinery => Paper (due in 9) no one else has it
Aryabhata is born in Shanghai.
connect Estruscan via road
found Nara (start courthouse)
swap Osaka to the Forbidden Palace

upgrades to sammies are
axe => 179 G
warrior => 269G

current bank account = 324G with 47 gpt @ 0 science, -4gpt @ 50% & -25gpt @ 70% (I had it at 70%)

Feud is still the same price with Kublai although Huayna wants Machinery, Calendar and 250G for it [lol]

<<< SAVE >>> (http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CDZ_SG002_AD1124_01.Civ4SavedGame)

quote:Here is your Session Turn Log from 1085 AD to 1124 AD:

Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman (5.50) vs Barbarian's Archer (5.85)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Combat Odds: 27.9%
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (City Defense: +95%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Combat: -25%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (81/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (62/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (43/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (24/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 20 (80/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 20 (60/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (5/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 20 (40/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 19 (0/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman (6.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (5.25)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Combat Odds: 64.5%
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (City Defense: +50%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (28/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (10/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer has defeated CDZ's Axeman!
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Catapult (5.00) vs Barbarian's Axeman (5.75)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Combat Odds: 29.4%
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (City Attack: -20%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Catapult is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Catapult is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Catapult is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (28/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (10/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Axeman is hit for 18 (0/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Catapult has defeated Barbarian's Axeman!
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman (5.50) vs Barbarian's Archer (1.72)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (City Defense: +50%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: (City Attack: -20%)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (11/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
Turn 239, 1085 AD: CDZ's Axeman has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
Turn 239, 1085 AD: You have captured Estruscan!!!

Turn 240, 1100 AD: Isabella adopts Vassalage!

Turn 241, 1106 AD: Christianity has spread in Edo.

Turn 242, 1112 AD: The borders of Edo have expanded!
Turn 242, 1112 AD: Bismarck adopts Vassalage!
Turn 242, 1112 AD: Bismarck adopts Serfdom!
Turn 242, 1112 AD: Huayna Capac converts to Christianity!

Turn 243, 1118 AD: You have discovered Polytheism!
Turn 243, 1118 AD: You have discovered Machinery!
Turn 243, 1118 AD: Aryabhata has been born in Shanghai!

Turn 244, 1124 AD: Nara has been founded.