PDA

View Full Version : Spending money

Shabbaman
07-07-2006, 17:25
Well, I managed to sell a forward, hurray for me. The next thing is to spend that money. I'm not really sure what my team needs. Well, a goalkeeper, but that's a bit of a problem. Now I have a excellent goalkeeper with inadequate XP. Apparently the goalkeeper market hasn't crashed yet, so I think I'm going to wait with a new goalkeeper. I've got three brilliant defenders, so it's not as if that line is lacking.

Next up is a winger. My current winger "only" gets 4 stars. But it's a brilliant PM with passable wing. Because I'm playing 3-4-3 I play WTM, and the PM is more important to me.

What I really need is a couple of good forwards. I just sold my 3 best ones. But then again, I'm training forwards, so it'd be a waste to buy one ;)

Hm. That leaves me with 2 options:

1. keep the money. Duh, that's not what money is intended for.
2. buy a midfielder.

Splendid idea. So I'm looking at the market and I find this guy:

quote:
Jordy Beumer (28732783)
24 jaar, weak in vorm, healthy
Een sympathetic guy persoon die balanced en dishonest is.
Hij heeft inadequate ervaring en is een poor leider.

Nationaliteit: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 226 030
Wage: 188 448 €/week inclusief een 20% bonus
Owner: FC Outsider
Warnings: 1
Fysiek: fit

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: utopian Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Utopian playmaking? Sign me up! The amazing thing is that he's listed for 1.375M. That doesn't say much, but two weeks ago he went for 1.5M and two months ago he went for 2.2M, so that's probably his price.
But look at that salary... 188k a week! I'd get a 20% discount, but that's still 150k a week or so... Holy crap!

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 17:31
Why not just keep the money? You can earn interest on it and wait for the markets to crash..

What was his last match?

EDIT:::

also no luck on getting him on the NT is there?

barbu1977
07-07-2006, 17:32
I think the GK market is going to crash soon. Every newbee is training GK. So maybe it's wise to wait before buying one.

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 17:35
the GK market is starting to come down. Especially for mythical+. How much are you willing to spend on a GK?

Shabbaman
07-07-2006, 17:40
He got six and a half star in weak form. But his passing is crap, and that's a major factor in midfield star rating. It doesn't even really count for me, it's the PM...

You know, I might even be able to pay his salary. But I don't know what it'll be next season. Does anyone know a calculator for that?

EDIT: tadaa! salary info! (http://www.barthon.com/) So apparently someone trained this guy from magical PM last season to utopian PM this season. His salary next season will be 200k... a week.

Kemal
07-07-2006, 18:06
Well, I'll repeat my advise I sent via HT-mail here: I'd leave him be, you're better off with 2 mythicals anyway who might earn about the same wage (though they cost more transfer-money, agreed), and add a lot more to your ratings anyway together. Plus, less risk of form and injury woes..

Shabbaman
07-07-2006, 18:08
I bought a supernatural PM instead. For 2M :D

Kemal
07-07-2006, 18:12
Plus, I'll add my voice to yours that sitting on money earning interest is probably the slowest method of making your money count... though that doesn;t necessarily mean that you should instant-spend it of course once you have it.

As for market-crashing, the players shabba is looking for are probably never going to sell for less, since their transfer value is dictated by their salary... whoever wants to pay their salary gets this player, is what it more or less comes down to, and people actively try to ditch these players for bottom prices if they want to keep their team. I'd say that goes for any player from magical+ skill level.

Kemal
07-07-2006, 18:14
Congrats, though that doesn;t bode well for my titanic mids I plan to sell next season... ;)

Shabbaman
07-07-2006, 18:15
Well, I have to catch up with you somehow... ;)

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 19:33
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

EDIT: tadaa! salary info! (http://www.barthon.com/) So apparently someone trained this guy from magical PM last season to utopian PM this season. His salary next season will be 200k... a week.

hmm.. I read that article about training types. I might get my 17 yo to formidable and then sell him for ~ 1M and start up defense or winger training. Thanks for passing along that site. [thumbsup]

Shabbaman
07-07-2006, 22:17
Well, I don't know what that guy is smoking but I definately make more money than 20k a week per training spot. The article is dated 5.10.2005 (so either may or october ;), that's when the midfielders market hadn't crashed yet.
But if you can sell 17 y.o. formidables, or even excellent ones with good secondaries, go ahead! I believe that you can earn the best money through ripping off other managers by selling them "great youth pulls", or by training the older 18 or 19 y.o. formidables/outstandings. The hattrick world is insane, proven by the obscene amount of money that people spend on youth pulls.
Unfortunately, skilltrading takes a lot of time, time that I might have but that I don't want to spend on hattrick.

BTW, I've found my new goalkeeper: 49502906 [rotfl]

ProPain
08-07-2006, 01:08
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Utopian playmaking? Sign me up! The amazing thing is that he's listed for 1.375M. That doesn't say much, but two weeks ago he went for 1.5M and two months ago he went for 2.2M, so that's probably his price.
But look at that salary... 188k a week! I'd get a 20% discount, but that's still 150k a week or so... Holy crap!

Nothing exceptional about this, been like this for a while. Like Kemal says: whoever wants to pay his salary gets him.

Dunno what income lvl 1st division teams have but if you have 11 guys like this you need a hell of a lot of money to cover your expenses....