PDA

View Full Version : *****Spoiler..... Rob vs BC (Aloha Ladder)******

Robboo
07-07-2006, 15:46
Go away BC...You will be reading this soon enough. Anyone else please feel free to post and give suggestions.

This is part of the within team Aloha ladder matches that I am admin of to help kill time why we wait for something to happen.

I have been playing mind games with BC. I told him I know where his city is and I am building up my force to kill him. I honestly havent seen him yet.

I got a decent city for cottages but sucks for production. 2 clams will help build settlers and workers quickly. I went for a work boat and 2 quechens before building a settler or worker. I also founded a relegion to use for cultural/happiness. I have BW and see copper close by and this should be a decent production city since it has cows and hills adn copper..settler soon.

I just told BC that I popped a settler and I am moving him back to my capital...I really like to play mindgames with him because in the CFC pitboss game he was quite "jumpy" ...( sorry BC but you were). SO I figured I might bluff him into building a bunch of early troops while I out tech him to superior troops. This spoiler was posted today to sorta back that claim up. I probably cant outplay many people but I can BS with the best of them.

Robboo
07-07-2006, 15:48
OK screen shots.
I did not build a worker at size 2 instead I chose a workboat since that will help build my settlers and workers quicker and its a better long term deal since I didnt have anything for a worker to do.

Where the quechen is going is where city 2 wil be founded. I get the copper adn some hill/forest for production.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/200677172151_Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
142.71 KB

inside of booville...not much to see yet.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/200677172311_Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
110.19KB

Outside of booville
2 clams were hard not to pass on building a work boat early. Population can be whipped into troops quickly. Since Booville will lack hammers it will be a great GP or whipping or worker/settler city with commerce once I cottage everything maybe including the bananas..depnding on time and need for bananas

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/200677172416_Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
148.59KB

Darkness
07-07-2006, 16:19
Robboo, You can also upload screenshots to your post (max size about 220 kb, IIRC). That will make them bigger, so we can see more...

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 16:35
also I can't see them from work and taunt you since they have imageshack blocked for some reason.

Robboo
07-07-2006, 17:26
Thanks I fixed the pictures....

Oh I am incan and he is hatty and We still have nto found each other. We both are tellign teh other one we know where they are but...

Small land size pangea

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 17:39
hmm. would pulling out of one of your forests (2f & 1 S) for the rivered grassland (2f & 1G) slow down your settler production? I would try to do that and as soon as you can, dump cottages everywhere. Cottages on the river will immediately net you 2 extra gold since you are financial

Robboo
07-07-2006, 17:50
I will check on that...slipped my mind to go with more commerce and one less hammer. I plan on whipping a worker right after the settler. Then work on a workboat( whip maybe I dont want populationto drop below 3 or 4) then whip another settler or worker while the second city goes troops/barracks.

Tubby Rower
07-07-2006, 17:59
yeah in the CFC pitboss game, I got whip happy because I had 2 warriors and a worker eaten by wolves no less. It took me a while to get back but I finally have my pop back near where everyone else is. But this is a duel on a small map. So it won't be as long as that game.

One thing though.... if you do use the whip know that it is more efficient at lower pops. The more population you have, the more food it takes to reach the next pop level. so if you whip keep the city small. Small sized cities also help to combat the whipping sad faces. But whipping will hurt your economy. So weigh this carefully.

Robboo
07-07-2006, 18:08
I got whip happy too in that game...now I am paying for it. Hopefully i can catch up populationwise

Robboo
13-07-2006, 20:59
City building time. I got a few options..and really I cant decide. Leaning blue...

So red, blue or yellow.

Red will have cows,copper(border expand needed)
Yellow will have copper..no border expand needed
Blue will have copper( no border expand) stone and dyes with expansion...

I like blue but hate the extra distance from Booville. Suggestiosn are apprecaite. We meet each other..no war yet. he seesm to be behind a expanse of desert which may help if I can get some units on hills to spy on him.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006713205824_city1.jpg
86.71KB

grs
13-07-2006, 22:19
1n of red. You get an extra shield from the start and the cow without expansion.

Robboo
13-07-2006, 22:39
that would work..1n of red would allow me to place 1E of dyes and get all the four resources. It would be horrible to start but with chopping better.

Robboo
15-07-2006, 16:39
BC decalred war and then killed his warrior on my quechen. He doesnt knwo where i am located but I know where he is. I have 2 quechens in the area and I will whack his scouts before he find me. I cant beleive he decalred war this early without knowing where I am.

I was planning on haning around his city and hitting workers and settlers...now I will just attack anything that comes my way to stop him from finding my city. Since he has to walka far way to get here...I can out unit him. I also have an idea to make ..a "fire break" There is a section of forest about 5 to 8 wide that has a break in it without forest if I cut 2 tiles. I can spot him as he shows up( hill) and attack his guys in the open plains.

Robi D
25-08-2006, 14:49
Its been a while since an update, what's happening in the game? Surely your doing better then you are against me [neener]

Tubby Rower
25-08-2006, 14:54
[lol] Simon must have killed him.

Robboo
25-08-2006, 15:53
OK you two...
First off Robi.. You are barely winning

i will update this. I have been swamped at home lately. preparing to move, calling in favors for a job and trying to decide if I want to go back to being a lab monkey( lab tech) or if I possibly want to go work in industry or for the state or feds...

I will have updates. TODAY

Robboo
25-08-2006, 16:25
oK updates:

I am behind in power but that is expected with a awful production city. I noticed BC grabbing some relgions and based on other conversations he mentioend how he like the CS slingshot....so I decided to beat him to it. Except I am doing the "metal casting- forge" slingshot while researching for catapults. My plan is to get some ALOT of cats and a few swords. I will be settling iron soon with another city that should be good for production. Right now we have the entire area covered with quechens or warriors to "watch" each other.

Ok pretty picture time. Remeember BC is gone till Monday so SPAM his fourum.

North are with city labeled

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825161924_Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
137.66KB

Since I successfully did the CS slingshot and pyramids to Robi D..I can post this picture now.( also did it to Mauer-spoiler coming today)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825162039_Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
175.38KB

The "Robboo treeless plains of death" I figure I need to chop a few trees but this wilmake a nice killing zone. He willcome with troops sooon and his agressiveness( he declared before scouting my area) has stopped him form seeing all my area. SO i can afford to "play around" a bit.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Robboo/2006825162440_Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
146.64KB

Always willing to accept comments.

Robi D
26-08-2006, 06:09
You did a CS slingshot to me?? Hmm thought it was something else, i'll have to ammend my tracking chart. Anyway your defence plans look good, from other games i noticed BC likes an early chariot rush, so the trees will help you in that case. For a third city you should consider the spot on the ocean to the south between the cow and wheat. If i taught you anying in our game its how annoying small forces shipped into your territoy can be.

Robboo
26-08-2006, 14:41
That will be city number 4.(settler being built now) Number 3 is grabbing iron to the north and cut off that avenue of approach.

Come on Robi..you must be slipping. I finished the oracle a few turns after getting the religion and my civics give that away. I am truly disappointed if I had you fooled. :)

Robi D
28-08-2006, 02:35
Nah, just having some fun with you, i check your civics every few turns.

Robboo
31-08-2006, 17:38
This game is toast. I screwed up and loss.

I missed a dark spot at the top where he came thru. 6 chariots willhit Steask next turn one turn after completing the oracle. I had just chopped a settler to teh south to get iron and it willget there next turn. i willhav eto settler on teh iron becasue i dont have tiem to build a worker. BC heads south I may have a cahnce he heads north I lose. my capital has zip for production. Horrible nasty production start.

BCLG100
07-09-2006, 03:29
id just like to say rob that your mindgames really didnt work! for a start you can't get settlers past chieftan level and also i guess mine did by making you build the oracle for a slingshot that i never use because i find it a waste of hammers

anyways good game, hopefully we can have another sometime when everything has settled down a bit.

one of your spears put up a good fight-killed about 4 WC's-the other just sorta layed over and died.

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/561/civ4screenshot0199bd1.jpg

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1052/civ4screenshot0200ul4.jpg

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/8839/civ4screenshot0201nf6.jpg

Robboo
07-09-2006, 05:18
Good game BC..I was fooling aroudn with somethign adn missed that gap. I had a difficult time with teh capital being so far from teh resources for military.

Warlord PBEM next for us...???

BCLG100
07-09-2006, 11:57
yup sure, just you know i cant start it for about a month or so, just so i can see where i am in terms of uni and stuff?

Robboo
07-09-2006, 13:39
fits perfectly with my schedule..Tell you what After I move we can see where we both are in terms of time... Say around Halloween time. I willknow my time tabel by next sunday(2 sundays from today)