PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler - 'Avalon' 17-player pitbosser

IglooDude
30-06-2006, 23:54
Sound familiar?

Large temperate continent map, Prince level, low sealevel, normal speed, no tech trading, and no barbs.

Another start screenshot:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/igloodude/2006630234624_avalon4000BC.JPG
112.12KB

Again, with cows nearby, I'm looking up animal husbandry first, then if horses are within the borders I'll get wheels, otherwise go down the mining/bronzeworking path. Popped a hut right off the bat for 70gp.

Can you have goody huts without barbs, or has the game starter screwed up the initial config? [confused]

BCLG100
01-07-2006, 03:50
you can still get goody huts without barbs just you dont obviously get barbs coming out of them. Think i was thinking about this game until i realised that without tech trading diplomacy would be a bit boring.

Again with the other thread i think you should go for pottery, so grab the wheel and then pottery

IglooDude
01-07-2006, 14:33
Yeah, if I can cottage a whole bunch I should be able to commerce my way to a tech lead.

And no tech-trading is bad enough, one guy wanted epic speed (or whatever the slowest speed is) too. [aargh]

I have hardly even played on monarch single-player, so the missing health/happy bonuses are probably going to weigh me down here...

IglooDude
07-07-2006, 15:32
Aw frick... My culture borders have pushed out, and my scout popped another scout out of a goody hut south of me, but the American civ just had a warrior show up to my cap's northwest, 3 turns away from walking into my undefended capital (I can't finish the warrior for another 4 turns). Fortunately there's no way he can see into my capital without declaring war, but if he rolls the dice he's going to knock me out of the game.

IglooDude
11-07-2006, 21:38
The American warrior left as quickly as he showed up. More scouting with my two scouts - one popped archery!

Though the pitboss server appears to be down. Again. Jeezumfrikkencrow, the box is down more often than it is up. [aargh]

BCLG100
11-07-2006, 21:46
to be expected, not many people are daring enough to start a war this early.