PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler - ZenCiv 12-player restart

IglooDude
30-06-2006, 23:43
ZenSpiderz did a re-launch after the obliteration of the previous game. New one is huge terra map, Monarch level, medium sealevel, normal speed. I'm Cyrus again, with the following start:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/igloodude/2006630234056_zencivstart.JPG
129.37KB

With cows and lots of potential horse spots, I'm going for animal husbandry first, then if horses are within the borders I'll get wheels for immortals, otherwise probably mining-bronzeworking.

BCLG100
01-07-2006, 03:47
Erm personally-i'd grab pottery. very quickly look at them thar floodplains!!!! Personally id have moved 1 tile east so i could use that extra floodplain and get an extra 2 hills.

Furiey
01-07-2006, 10:19
I must admit I immediatly went oooh - cottage those floodplains!

IglooDude
01-07-2006, 14:28
Yeah, I sorely wish this one was no-tech-trading, that's major commerce there.

That goody hut popped a map of the south of me, no resources, no opponents, no particularly good terrain.

IglooDude
05-08-2006, 14:16
Here's the email from Zenspiderz (the hoster) to all the players:

quote:Hi

Since I started playing warlords I have lost all interest in playing the original game. Also I find it extremely tedious flipping out the discs in order to change from warlords and the original. So I have kicked myself out of the game. I will however CONTINUE to host this game as long as you all want or until one of you will take over hosting. If one of you would take over hosting I would be REALLY grateful as that will help me to begin hosting a warlords game all the sooner. If none of you are willing to host then PLEASE organise power sessions to move the game along or I will be still hosting this game in a year's time!!!!

zen

[aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh][aargh]

Even if I did have Warlords running on my player computer right now, I wouldn't sign up for another pitboss game hosted by this guy.

Robboo
05-08-2006, 14:30
The disk switching is easy to fix...have 2 CD/DVD drives...(thats what I did). Yeah I agree no way I would play a game with him hosting.

IglooDude
05-08-2006, 18:20
That's a great idea, I was just going to figure out a NoCD install for vanilla.

And the guy is participating in at least one other (non-warlord) pitboss game I'm in, I'm going to see what he does in that one.