View Full Version : Heroes of Might and Magic V

barbu1977
01-06-2006, 03:37
Anyone tried it?

Is it worth it?

Socrates
01-06-2006, 04:07
(not an answer for barbu)

I was waiting for this game a bit last year, but now I'm not playing games. [lol] It seems like a good game, a bit like Civ4 : gameplay being renewed and graphics in 3D. But then I don't know.

I played HMM3 a lot a few years ago, and I really liked it (never tried the expansion discs). My favourite tribe was the Tower in the snow, because I enjoyed playing as a total magician ('Slow' spell with a super-magician roxxors !!!). [cool] Overall HMM3 was pretty balanced and pretty addictive.

I tried HMM4 once or twice only, despite waiting for the game before. I didn't get hooked, for no real reason. It seems it was not as good as it could have been though.

Also awaiting some answers... [tongue]

akots
01-06-2006, 04:27
I've downloaded and installed the demo, played through and was not really impressed. But graphics are nice and performance is OK. Otherwise, it seems like a hybrid between HoMM 3 and HoMM 2 in terms of features and gameplay. The interface is rather imtuitive but not so convenient and requires a lot of clicking to perform even the most simple task. There are some sort of cartoon movies in between walking and battles made a-la Warcraft 3 style, really not impressive. Cannot tell anything about the actual plot or quality of text since there was not much in the demo. Another annoying feature is apparent lack of a decent grid and hence inability ot hit the item you want to pick up of to position the character precisely like you want on the adventure map. The battle map is all grid though and rather small grid indeed.

Seems like a pretty solid remake of previous games without new features. One can continue to play HoMM 3 as well imho. I'm not buying it, that is for sure.

romeothemonk
01-06-2006, 16:14
Hmm, I have played most of the Homam seiries and found them to be quite addictive. I will prolly download the demo and see what it is like.

Can't say I am looking forward to it. The only games I am looking forward to are the new Civ 4 expansion and all my PBEM to be in my inbox.