PDA

View Full Version : League Matches Week 5

Kemal
28-05-2006, 23:15
Another loss for Snaken, unfortunately. Now I've dropped to last place in the league but I won't go down without a fight... The team does continue to improve, but the season so far has been disappointing. Hopefully I can make amends during this season's CDZ Cup...

quote:
30657 spectators had come to Sjareldome this cloudy day. Sjarels decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. The following players took the field: Frick - Mayor, Baouz, Mĺnsson - Pedzevi#269;ius, Knoester, Sramek, Vente, Alfonso - Strube, Wilkinson.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Suárez, Malmbeck, Rouwenhorst - van Mill, Farenhout, Pipeta, Geiger, Broertjes - Billand, Kronskär.

The strategy for Snaken on this day was to use their ability to press. Snaken pressed their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. What ever got into Guido Vente, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through his own defense - ending up right in front of Snaken's Peter Billand, who easily put the ball away for 0-1 in the 13th minute. Sjarels's Guido Vente had a hard, curved free kick in the 15th minute that would have paid off, had it gone just a little lower. After 17 minutes of play, Hans Sramek evened things up for Sjarels with an impressive goal coming up the middle. 1 - 1. Sjarels fans held their breath as Ebbe Strube scampered down the left side. He successfully avoided all challenges and cracked home the go-ahead goal for 2-1! It was 2 - 1 at the break. Sjarels held the ball, with a clear 57 percent of possession.

Sjarels's Will Baouz swung in a good chance from the left, but the visitors' defense were able to clear the ball. Vacys Pedzevi#269;ius of Sjarels was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. In the 86th minute, a typically brave header by Sjarels's Lester Wilkinson from Vacys Pedzevi#269;ius's centered ball looped just over the opposing goalkeeper's desperate reach, making the score 3 - 1. Mark Knoester had a fantastic opportunity to put Sjarels up another goal in the 88th minute, but he fired just over the crossbar. This half belonged to Sjarels, who controlled the ball 60 percent of the time.

Sjarels's top performer was clearly Hans Sramek. Ebbe Strube was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Rijk van Mill on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 1.

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 23:25
I drew with a team one place below me in the league at home, though they are better than me so all in all i think it was a good result-a very boring game as well-i didnt get one attack.

Swingue
28-05-2006, 23:27
2-2, still at 6th place, need a win next week to get some ground.

Dell19
28-05-2006, 23:36
Won 2-1 away which I somewhat deserved. Puts me second in the league which is nice and the fans are happy ready for the next match at home.

arne1
29-05-2006, 01:03
another win for me 1-3, i was ab it worried because my two brilliant midfielders are in bad form and the rest is just passable. My topscorer scored twice so He is probably going to play the rest of the matches.

socralynnek
29-05-2006, 01:41
Won 4-0 at home PICing.
Was fearing he'd play 5-3-2 with CA, I knew I'd be clearly better if he tries something else. He played 4-4-2 and had no chance...

Now I'm second with 9 points but doubt I can stay there.

Tubby Rower
29-05-2006, 03:18
I won 1-6 while PiC'ing. I think that I've PiC'ed all of my matches except 1. And my team spirit is satisfied. :)

Oh yeah and there's the thing about me being all alone in 1st place :D

Aggie
29-05-2006, 07:15
I very important loss vs nr 6 and I'm now firmly in 7th place. My best defender limped from the field and is out for a week! However there's still a new nr 6 in the league who only played with 9 players yesterday. This might be my chance to stay in this league...

Lucky Aggie - fc holleeder 2 - 4

View game: HT Live
Date: 28-05-2006 at 20:15
MatchID: 79564199
Arena: Aggie's Palace
Crowd: 1480

1480 spectators arrived at Aggie's Palace, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Lucky had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players took the field: Grahovac - Matei, Wegner, Berlinger - Eglund, Cendra, Marmol, Langenmantel, Pérez - Held, Stevović.

holleeder tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Starters: Waplington - Skrockis, van Westerop, Arter - Robben, Ossicino, Juwayri, Dreessen, Faassen - Riquelme, Martínez.

Lucky clearly preferred using their ability to attack in the middle. 0-1 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from holleeder's Gustavo Omar Riquelme landed at the feet of Dirk Robben who sent it into the net - goal! holleeder's Dirk Robben made it through the home team's defence in the 19th minute, and had only to place the ball in the unguarded goal when a defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. holleeder's Carlos Martínez received a play slashing through the home side's defense in the 21st minute, and chipped it past the keeper to score the 0 - 2 goal. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. There was a bit of a mixup on the field as holleeder found themselves out of position and their organization level dropped to weak. One of many good passes from Dirk Robben at the wing was received and skillfully taken care of by Carlos Martínez, scoring the 0 - 3 goal for holleeder. By now, holleeder were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Lucky reduced the lead to 1 - 3 in the 39th minute when Othmar Langenmantel got the best of a ball floated in from the left. Lucky's Robin Wegner had to watch the rest of the game from the sidelines, after twisting his ankle in the 42nd minute. Sjaak de Visser was the replacement. Othmar Langenmantel had a good opportunity to reduce in the 43rd minute for Lucky, but wasn't cool enough. The ball went miles over the bar. holleeder's Dario Ossicino left the field after 44 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Angel Stanchev. Lucky's Maksimilijan Stevović managed a superb strike in the 45th minute that would have left goalkeeper Stephen Waplington without a chance, had it not hit the post. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 3. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Lucky, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball.

The holleeder players spent the halftime break getting a rerun of the team's tactical organization and regained a passable organization. It took several tries, but Lucky managed to break through on the left during the 49th minute, getting the ball to Jan Wouter Held who easily put away the reducing goal for 2 - 3. Adamas Skrockis was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was blocked by the keeper. However, holleeder's Mahmad Juwayri managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 2-4 goal. After 72 minutes István Berlinger could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors' keeper. Caius Matei challenged the visitors' central defense eagerly, producing a good chance in the 75th minute as he went for a through ball combination. But, as so many times before, the guests' defensive efforts got the best of it. There was a bit of a mixup on the field as holleeder found themselves out of position and their organization level dropped to weak. This half belonged to Lucky, who controlled the ball 69 percent of the time.

Lucky's best player was Maksimilijan Stevović. Tino Eglund turned in a dismal performance, however. holleeder's top performer was clearly Dirk Robben. However, Pat Arter made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 4.

Kingreno
29-05-2006, 10:37
My tactic worked sort'a. Played 0-0 and reduced the Number of chances greatly by Solid Pressing! My opponents surprise 4-4-2 thus failed, waisting one of his valuable defender trainingtspots!

yndy
30-05-2006, 05:46
I also lost and I'm in the same situation as Kemal. But I feel I can do better than that in the future, my team is third best in the league, according to my opinion, it just happens that I lose all games.

Tubby Rower
30-05-2006, 12:28
Am I the only one doing well? It seems as though everyone that has been playing for a while has kind of stalled in the league their in. Is that a fair assumption?

Mistfit
30-05-2006, 14:06
stalled hell.. I cannot buy a freaking win. Suprise, suprise... lost another by one goal.

Darth Pugwash
30-05-2006, 14:07
Not for me...I am currently destroying all in my path, with 5 victories in 5 games, and its looking good for promotion. :D

Though to be fair I'm in div 6, whereas most of the stallers as you put it are in div 5.

But yes match 5, I won 4-1, with one of my strikers scoring a hattrick!

Dell19
30-05-2006, 14:42
Each country has a level where it starts to get difficult to progress because you are playing against teams with decent training programs who have been around for some time. A number of teams promoted last season and seem to be struggling. I'm currently second in my V league but its very easy compared to my old V league.

Melifluous
30-05-2006, 16:27
[cry]

My first over confidence event I think. I shoulda slaughtered the guy and draw 1-1, most boring game ever...

quote:
Right from the start it was obvious that Manglers was expecting an easy victory. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Manglers dictated play, as they maintained 64 percent of possession.

With 73 minutes played David Spreadbury almost gave the home side the lead with an unexpected free kick set up, but the visitors' Bas Juch was onto it, grabbing the would be breakthrough ball. Manglers took the lead in the 81st minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Rick Sprengen elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. The visitors' Dallas Murphy was alert on a play coming in from the left, tying the score at 1 - 1 in the 83rd minute. In the 86th minute, Manglers's Nils Haugstad received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Some great play up the middle by Manglers led to a chance for Bill Carrol to get the go-ahead goal in the 86th minute, but the shot hit the crossbar. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 68 percent of possession.

Bugger, still 3rd though.

[meli]