PDA

View Full Version : ********Spoiler-18 Player Pitboss Game**********

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 00:40
Bit late to be starting one up i know but could really appreciate anyones help with it.

There's BCLG Empire
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9866/bclgempire8dg.jpg

Heres Coolville-early on i figured seeing as i had stone and a fairly productive city i should go for the pyramids, so i did and 13 turns later i got it! :)
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6185/coolville7pm.jpg

I felt to stop myself getting boxed in i should plant a city a little way out so i planted Aloha a bit farther out from my Empire
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4843/aloha1bh.jpg

I lost shagpad to barbs the turn after i founded taoism there but captured it back the turn after wit only 2 loss of pop points, here it is in all its glory.
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7305/shagpad5ak.jpg

akots
28-05-2006, 01:12
Cool, let's see some pictures of that unfolding action!

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 01:46
well it seems to be my computer that is messing up the pitboss server, im not sure why because ive been playing for awhile and it hasnt done anything so far.

Though i spoke to dave slightly on AIM before, the war we have may turn into a phoney war we've both got bigger fish to fry, namely grs to my north.

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 15:22
Well heres the situation with dave
A-is my prelimary expedition force- mace, 1 axe and 1 cat
B-is what is defending daves city- 2 axes, 1 spear and 2 archers.
Dave has 3 axes outside of Shackopolis his capital city-all in forest making it hard for me to attack them.

My big stack is the one behind the prelim force with more axes and a mace arriving 1 turn after that.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/723/warwithdave8bk.jpg

Dave has offered me Copper to stop this war however what is everyone elses thoughts, should i press home my advantage or accept it- I am without a resource, im recieving grs's for the time being but that ends shortly.

Pastorius
28-05-2006, 16:29
Are you allied with someone?

If you spend too much on this war, perhaps someone will stab you while your forces are away.
And Daveshack seems weak relative to you.

But copper is perhaps a bit cheap. Since you already have a deal on that with grs - perhaps you can see if you can get DS to up his offer a bit (before your copper deal with grs runs out) - it looks to me like you have the numbers in your favor, while he has the terrain in his.Unless I have miscalculated the amount of units of course. Which happens. I am a second rate mathematician (read: economist) after all [:p]

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 17:40
Not militarily but techly i have an alliance with whomp and robi D most. With tech deals arranged with robboo and others.

On the power histogram i am second with grs top-i havnt met davemcw
Im 3rd on the soldiers list about 30,000 behind number 1.
What i have been thinking is a phoney war with daveshack so i can turn my forces around and use them to attack grs. Recently the 'moderatly good' players have been getting together after noticing dave and grs working together we're starting to orgaine our forces to be ready to attack.

My deal with grs runs out 500ad, then we have another 5 turns of peace before war must be declared again.

Also if im going to proceed with this war how does everyone think i should? that city isnt on a hill but dave recently switched to slavery so he can rush things and also 'discovered' CS and machinery on the same turn so he must be working with someone-this means he can build samurais
He is getting 46gpt however right now has no gold so cant do any upgrades anytime soon.

Coolville is getting Horse archers every 2 turns and aloha every 3 if i shuffle things about, so thats 3 archers every 4 turns which isnt that bad. Some of my axes are up 3exp things as well. mostly +25%against mellee but a couple against archers.

Pastorius
28-05-2006, 18:02
Sounds like a good thing to turn your attention to grs then.

My guess is - try to see if you can sneak past his (DaveS) units and attack.

But I dunno about them terrain bonuses (attacking someone in a forest is not a good thing for you IIRC)

BCLG100
28-05-2006, 18:10
yer 50% defence bonus in forests, i might wait for all my units to gather on that hill then move a couple of units down onto the cottage, to try and draw an attack from one of the units in the forest, then counter attack and move the rest of the units into the forest.

BCLG100
30-05-2006, 21:14
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5008/warwithdave10zp.jpg

Well i attacked an axe in the forest as you can see with a 38% chance of winning and i won losing only 5hp which he can regain while im bombarding shackopolis.
Ive also sent 3 horse archers down the side of his territory-unseen- through egypt to attack his southern cities which robboo has told me has only one archer in-20% defence so i should be able to capture that in about 4/5 turns and shackopolis, im not sure depends how long bombarding takes, im going to suicide the cats as well though when its down to 0% :)

Pastorius
30-05-2006, 21:17
[charge]

grahamiam
30-05-2006, 21:29
cat's take off 15% each bombardment (or 7.5 points each). So 3 of them will take 2 turns to get it down to 8%. Next turn, bombard once and then suicide two. Hopefully, your horses show up soon after [charge]

question: why are your Maceman comming down on the hill? forests/jungle seems like a safer route.

BCLG100
30-05-2006, 21:40
im leaving a unit on the hill because it gives me visibility of where the other axe is going.

my horses are attacking a city further south, do you think i should send them to join that stack?

Dave doesnt have any more units in that city than previously reported but he rushed some walls there last turn i think :) i think if dave moves them axes to join that city then he'll have 7 units alone in there, i have 11 units attacking.

grahamiam
30-05-2006, 21:46
quote:my horses are attacking a city further south, do you think i should send them to join that stack?

No, your setup is pretty sweet

akots
30-05-2006, 21:57
It seems that this Shakopolis is a nice city with iron, a couple of forests to chop and grown cottages. Would be a good addition to your empire here, if you can capture it.

BCLG100
30-05-2006, 22:02
yup, would give me a metal source of my own :)

the city where my horse archers are heading down has gold mined, ivory camped and copper in a border expansion also mined :) so it would be worth the extra strain on my economy to get all of them :) i might do what graham said except wait until the cat can do something again afterwards so i can suicde 3 cats, this would give me time to have another couple of units join my stack.

i want this war over inabout 7/8 turns so i can move my forces back to be ready to defend against a possible attack from grs.

romeothemonk
30-05-2006, 22:40
Take what you can get Man!!!

Take 2 cities, and worry about the consequences later!!

BCLG100
30-05-2006, 22:43
well i would but grs is the most powerfull person in the game and with him my other neighbour i have to be wary constantly :)

ill post some histogram screenies when i remember next time :)

BCLG100
31-05-2006, 01:58
and heres them screenshots
Demographic screen, i seem to have gone downhill quite a bit recently, it may be because for the last 20 or so turns ive been constant military.
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/1739/demographicsscreenadsometime1l.jpg
Score screen-i was doing fairly badly but tech deals have pulled me right up.
http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/6109/scorescreen0ly.jpg
Power Screen-because of the constant military and little expansion i think im third-still havnt met davemcw but i get the feeling he is more powerful than me.
http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/7782/powerscreen3lz.jpg
And culture Screen- the pyramids and religion founding mean that im better than the average, though i still havnt switched to taoism, im waiting until war with daveshack is over, i dont want to annoy the AI to the south of me.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3794/culturescreen0qd.jpg

so thats everything, lurkers want to see anything else? any ideas for me? settler is being built in shagpad now, its going to head either east to a small peninsula with wheat i think or south to silks, undecided which way to send it.

akots
31-05-2006, 02:36
Don't know really, there are too many players in this game, it is a mess imho. But looks like you can kill DaveShack and might be you should and then secure some more peace and trading deals. It can be the winner will be determined by space race here. [lol]

BCLG100
31-05-2006, 03:21
Well Kuningas is just about to be destroyed through a combination of robboo/tubs/george.
theoden is nearly extinct thanks to davemcw and robboo might finish the job.
Saladin is about to be wiped off by dave/grs.
So thats 3 civs got rid off, Robi_D is making a start on hattie soon enough, while mauer is pretty much a vassal state for whomp, so whomp could knock him off anytime.

theres 3 groups in this game shaping up now i think.
grs/davemcw with vassal state regentman(who robboo i believe is thinking about getting rid of)
whomp/tubby/robboo/robi d/george
and then the neutrals

the anti dave/grs alliance seem to talk a lot about invading them and all that but none are actually really in a position of threat-like me, so am unsure how to proceed-if i ally with grs/dave then its just prolonging the time until they end up turning on me but i ally with the other team then i could just be wiped off fairly quickly.

akots
31-05-2006, 06:48
Well, if you can capture DaveShack's cities and build some more military while declaring you are not hostile to grs or DaveMcW, it might be they would be looking for some easier prey. So that might buy you some turns to build up.

But really, it is a mess, impossible to predict imho.

BCLG100
31-05-2006, 13:12
Yer it is a mess but one of the funnest games of civ ive had in awhile :)

romeothemonk
31-05-2006, 16:16
With you being #3 in soldiers you really need to take Dave Shcaks capital. You are operating under the running bear priniciple, if all of you are running from the bear, you need to just be stronger and faster than one of the guys around you and let the bear know it.

BCLG100
31-05-2006, 16:22
Been quite a few moves in the diplo front recently- PM'd grs about our peace treaty he said we could extend it too 1000AD, then asked what everyone in the southern league wanted to do- Whomp said he could commit a few WE a cat and a couple of crossbows (not a huge amount of help) robboo said he wanted war a.s.a.p and sigma(havnt even met him) told robboo he was gearing for war 8/9 axes/swords in 10 turns. Whomp talking to Mauer to commit soldiers. So things are finally moving now i hinted that i may not be going to war with them.

All this may mean i make a stand against grs following my war with dave ending quickly. i think the time right now might be the best time to do so- theres no chance of a shock war, however if some others go in first then i can back them up quickly.

BCLG100
01-06-2006, 14:54
I think i might have missed a turn when the pitboss went down then i went out for the evening :( ohwell got back city has been bombarded down to 27% i decided to move my horses towards the city as well, if i knock this city out then the rest will be easy pickings. So i should make sure this one goes. They should arrive in 1/2 turns.

I also got a Great engineer thanks to the pyramids, im thinking about using it for the wonder with +1 happy face per city across the continent(cant remember which one that is) but if anyone has any other ideas?

I love your capital ;)

BCLG100
01-06-2006, 16:21
because of the 'ville'?

romeothemonk
01-06-2006, 17:16
Something that can be really nice is to use it to pick up another GE generating wonder. I am really partial to the Hanging gardens as health and a free pop in every city is nice.

The wonder you are thinking of is Notre Dame, and it is also a very solid wonder.

BCLG100
01-06-2006, 18:03
I do like that too, however would mean id have to switch military production for a few more turns than id like too to build the aquaduct. I am thinking of building the wonder in Aloha-it produces the least amount of culture so far, also if i were to get 2 cities putting out great leaders without having to pull any citizens off working then that'd be good :)

Robi i think is giving me notre damn with music in a couple of turns so id have to wait till then anyways, another thought ive had is to possibly go for a Great Prophet pumping wonder, i could do with one for the extra income from taoism.

BCLG100
01-06-2006, 23:17
I sent this to Daveshack a bit ago and heres the reply.

quote:Hey,

Well not much of a war so far so i was just wondering if you were after peace yet? if so what would you offer that i couldnt take myself?

For instance i know i could take LG1 with about 1 horse archer, maybe 2 if i do it across a river :) So what are you willing to offer for peace that i cant get elsewhere.

Yours
BCLG:)
quote:
[QUOTE=DaveShack]
Hi there,

I'm away from the game and can't look at the current situation.

Peace of mind is the most important thing I can give right now this turn. Some of my powerful friends will understand that war is a fact of life in MP games, but they will also perceive a threat that you're involved in an alliance with certain other people. There is no guarantee that this will cause you a problem, but there is a considerable amount of risk involved.

If you are interested in remaining a neutral power or being in a possible alliance, then there are several things we can consider for a long-term relationship. Your spies, whomever they might be, have probably reported that there are two sources of copper next to LG1. I don't actually need either one, they are trade goods which I had planned to sell to my nearest neighbors on favorable terms. Nothing approaching a free gift of course, I'm not the slightest bit interested in hanging on as a vassal state, but a very long term resource for resource swap is possible. Copper for techs is also quite reasonable as a possibility.

One other thing you should be aware of is that I'm also prepared to go the poison pill route. LG1 and LG2 would also make a dandy gift for someone you really don't want to be at war with, and you'd really be up the creek if that person got into a position where you're surrounded. I might be out of the game that way, but I'd also have taken a parting shot at the instigator of my demise. It's a death before dishonor type thing, I'm not going to keep signing into a game and watch my civ languish in last place.

If these aren't the kinds of things you were expecting to hear, I'm willing to listen to anything you might have to say. Whether I'd be interested in doing anything is another matter, but it can't hurt to talk.

Regards, Dave :)

Now i am very curious as to who is 'powerful friends are' or if he's just making things up and the war continues :)

romeothemonk
02-06-2006, 00:11
He is B.S.ing you. If his friends actually existed, he would have listed names.

romeothemonk
02-06-2006, 00:11
He is B.S.ing you. If his friends actually existed, he would have listed names.

akots
02-06-2006, 00:18
Well, he cannot gift the capital. ;) And even if he can gift the other cities, that would make your task even easier. [evil]

BCLG100
02-06-2006, 00:49
well i think i have a near 2-1 ratio of units near his capital, one more turn of bombarding and then i think i'll attack, suicinging a couple of cats should help as well :) Shame the pitboss server keeps going down, i wouldnt mind getting other things sorted out. How about i go for the colossus? i am planning on personally building another 2 cities both on the coast and shackopolis is already there. However i forget whether that supplies merchant or engineers?

BCLG100
02-06-2006, 15:19
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4196/daverightnow6qz.jpg

For anyone paying attention heres another update :) Dave has got enough money to upgrade another axe/archer. I hope i can get in the turn tomorrow before he can do so to take out as many units as i can, i think i shall not bother bombarding the other 5% of the city down and just suicide the 3 cats, then attack with the whole of my force-maces first. Unless anyone has a better idea?

romeothemonk
02-06-2006, 15:22
Good plans all around. With his huge insistance on Axes, as soon as the Sam is gone I would attack with Horse archers, as the axes should just melt in the face of them.

BCLG100
02-06-2006, 15:31
Yup thats what i was thinking, he has a spear there so that could pose a bit of trouble but with the collateral damage caused by the cats it should be cool (anyone know just how much collateral damage 3 cats with a bombard upgrade will cause?). He has the bow with the first strike and sam with first strike but hopefully overwhelming numbers should put a stop to that.

grahamiam
02-06-2006, 16:09
isn't DaveShack hosting this game [lol]

BCLG100
02-06-2006, 16:15
Yer and he's already been at war before but what can i do??? I felt kinda bad for awhile but now he's putting up a bit of a fight i dont :)

BCLG100
04-06-2006, 01:20
Shackopolis has fallen!
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1142/mevictorious5yk.jpg
With only the loss of 2 capitals i now have 3 Horse archers within range of his next city.

Robi_d is planning an attack on hattie so i might join in and take the top couple of cities.

romeothemonk
04-06-2006, 05:14
Nice work BCLG!!!

You got to take it to the House when you are in the Red Zone!!!

We want to see a touchdown dance!!

BCLG100
04-06-2006, 14:53
Not sure whether to press the advantage home, dave has expressed that he will keep on with the game in the main thread but would prefer others to do so, i also have no real need for the final 2 cities so i might just sign a peace treaty with some heavy gpt in my favour (he has 33gpt right now).

I finally switched to taoism now im not so worried about Hattie getting annoyed and pulling a surprise attack. I Might sign peace with dave and take Heliopolis as Robi D and meleager are going to be attacking from the South soon.

Ive also switched my 2 main cities to building forges after their current builds, Shagpad is on a worker after the settler. After that ill take a look at what it needs first. Im thinking about going building/unit/building/unit. Then throwing in a couple of workers into that.

Pastorius
04-06-2006, 15:17
Well done.[goodjob]

You could take 1 more city, and then keep the puppet?

BCLG100
04-06-2006, 16:55
Well he says he doesnt want to act as a puppet and i dont want to ruin the game for everyone else. So ive offered a peace treaty.

20gpt for 20 turns and 5 gpt for 10 turns after that
1 worker now and another worker in 30 turns
50 turns of peace with me as an ally.

think that was it, might have been something else.

DaveShack
14-06-2006, 04:47
That's interesting -- when you get bombarded in PTBS, you don't get any indication at all that it happened, unless you happen to look at the log or the defense percent. I thought you were just sitting there, still contemplating whether to go on with it or not.

I was screwed from the moment that grs took over for Gandhi. There I was, merrily pushing a settler and warrior towards a spot which would have got the rice and horses and knowing that an AI would never declare war so soon, and suddenly it's a human player with archers vs warrior instead of an AI. Taking so long to get a 2nd city meant that I either needed someone to gift like crazy, or I'd be easy prey for the first one who took a liking to my territory. Someone took a liking... :(

I was rather curious though, that seemed like way too many units to have been hand produced? Someone gifted you a bunch of units? If not, how did you manage to get that many hammers?

BCLG100
14-06-2006, 12:58
Yer the early war did sort of kill you. Nope grs was meant to be helping but he didnt in the end, everything there was entirely my own.

About the production well id been focusing mainly on production instead of letting my cities grow-by the end of the war and with bueracracy i was getting horses/maces in the capital at every 2 turns and horse archers in Aloha at every 3 turns. I'd also been building up for the war for a pretty long time-no infrastructure built-the pyramids was/and still is the thing dragging me through tech wise. And indication of production is probably that i could complete the pyramids in about 10 turns.

right now with copper i can complete the Colossus in the capital in 5 turns. Knights every 3.

Pastorius
14-06-2006, 13:47
So DS is defeated now?

Congrats. Now go bonk the german! [charge]

BCLG100
14-06-2006, 15:05
oh right yeah, dave is dead now-snatched a worker before i killed him.

Building some infrastructure now-forges/libraries in my cities. Also completed Notre Dame in Aloha (weirdly the GE didnt finish it and i had to build it for another 2 turns).

Folk are moving up to go bonk said german now, however their forces are pretty shitty

Whomp=3 elephants and a crossbow
Mauer=2 swords and 2 archers
Robi and Melager are attacking Egypt and then moving up i think.

I might get involved/i might not, ill see where i stand when they get closer. May also go for another wonder in Coolville-theres a lot of forest i want chopping (dont want to happen what happnened with you dave-that i was able to use forests as a defensive bonus outside) and also a pretty good production, im finishing a monastry in Shagpad so ill be getting some taoist missionaries out.

List of cities now (hope everyone likes the names :))

Coolville
Aloha
Shagpad
Boom Boom Room
Loveshack(formery shackopolis)
cant remember what i called LG1 but LG2 was razed- too far away and i didnt like its positioning.

BCLG100
21-06-2006, 23:08
Ok well under Paal's advice im off to bonk the German-our current peace treaty expires at 750AD so i intend to be declaring around 760AD, its 600 something now so its only about 5 turns. Ive switched to Police state for the bonus military production and turned science off so am raking in about 94gpt.

this means with production etc im getting a cat every turn from Coolville and a Knight every 5 turns from Aloha- other builds are
Shagpad-taoist missionary
Boom Boom Room-Granary
Fun And Games(formerly Shackopolis)-barracks
Loveshack-theatre

Fun and games have a border expansion in 3 turns so by then my empire should be nearly all connected via culture, Fun and Games and loveshack are still cut off from my core(no roads) because i dont have enough workers, they are all roading the tiles to grs territory to make a quicker attack, or chopping some units.

Robi D has already declared war on grs but had a horrendous RNG turn, Whomp and mauer have units moving up into my territory to help bonk some German-they're goal is to get to the capital and raze it, hopefully it wont be as well defended as he will be moving units south. I'll be in a great position to capitalise if this war goes well.

I'll post some pictures next time i log into the game.

i also got this message from grs
quote:Hi,

Robi D declared war on me. I hope we can prolong our peace agreement currently running till 750AD up to 1000AD. If you would help me in the war I would be in your debpt and would pay with my next tech.

Anyone got any ideas how i can not sign a peace treaty but also not give it away that he is about to be attacked, if at least for a few more turns. He can see into one of my cities but ive left that really undefended with most of my units in my capital.

IglooDude
27-06-2006, 18:38
I'd suggest simply failing to answer him at all. He won't want to commit until he actually gets a no from you, otherwise he might be voluntarily adding to his own load.

BCLG100
27-06-2006, 19:08
Alas i already pretty much declared war on him, just waiting for the 5 turns to end now :)

IglooDude
27-06-2006, 21:43
Remind me to be more scared of you in the Civivor game, by the way. [whatsthis

BCLG100
27-06-2006, 22:01
why? my games are just a series of bumbling errors. i said i'd post some screenies for everyone watching the game but i forgot :) anywhoo i'll hopefully be putting some up soon, in about 5 turns when war is declared and you'll see the state of play then.

IglooDude
27-06-2006, 22:07
A series of bumbling errors, or a series of carefully-calculated errors designed to appear bumbling while actually ensuring eventual victory? [evil]

Ummmm...

Nevermind.

Besides, you're going to have front-row seats for the LAoD-QC war soon. Do you know how hard it is to get tickets for that? [uglyham]

BCLG100
27-06-2006, 22:16
Possibly, possibly. :D

gonnna have to take care of a few things, mauer for one will have to go. I'm not totally sure what will happen after the war with dave and grs as its everyone against them and so i dont know what'll happen.

Your all going to war far too early for my liking in that game-ahwell just more space for me to take :)

IglooDude
27-06-2006, 22:20
Given how fast the QC has acted against Monty, and the slooooooooooooooow pace of the LAoD vs Rome, the actual main event will probably be fought with stealth bombers and modern armor, rather than axes and archers. [drunks1]

BCLG100
07-07-2006, 01:41
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3813/alohastack2sz.jpg

Well thats the stack im amassing in Aloha to move against grs's capital, whomp has a few units already there, pillaging and wreaking havoc, id post more pictures but for some reason the game keeps fuckin about and wont let me alt tab so i can only get one picture each time i load it up before the connection freezes :(

BCLG100
11-07-2006, 21:09
Well my troops have moved in, grs is putting up a very plucky fight

however i did just get this from dave the other turn.

Hi BCLG100,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100
And can you imagine if we took delhi dave? with its hinduism shrine and everything??? seeing right into nearly every city you have-oh the joy!

I want to congratulate you for great playing so far. You are in the best position to take Delhi and launch yourself to #1 in the world before I even lose a city. Grs made a mistake boxing you in and you took advantage of it before he did.

Oh the joy! For me too! With the hindu shrine you need me more than anyone. Every mongolian city the others raze means less income for you. With complete line of sight in my land I have zero chance to backstab you. Grs and I had the longest undefended border in the world, and I'd be happy to share it with you now.

As the new world #1, you're going to be a target. Who better to help you hold your land than the new world #2 (me)! You are the first player to admit to backstabbing, so finding other allies may be tricky.

Obviously you're going to need more allies than just me, unless you want to try your luck with 9 on 2. Take your time picking them, and make sure they are good ones. I don't expect an answer right away, but I'm sure you know my survival chances drop significantly after grs dies.

DaveMcW

sooo intereting, id post more pictures but for some reason whenever i log into the damn game and then take a picture and switch to paint to paste it, i try to go back to the game and ive been bumped from the game-lost connection-anyone any ideas what i can do?

grahamiam
12-07-2006, 05:27
you should be able to just hit the "printscreen" button on your keyboard any number of times, then look under c:\My Documents\My Games\ Sid blah blah Civ4\ScreenShots You should see jpg files labeled "Civ4ScreenShotXXXX" where XXXX= a number from 0001 to 9999, in sequential order.

BCLG100
12-07-2006, 10:55
oh right cool, thats awesome, thanks graham.

BCLG100
12-07-2006, 12:36
Well ok now grahamiam told me how to do that. i logged into the game and took lots of pictures. :) 17 apparantly.

Ok switched to nationhood last turn and drafted a few musketmen so my cities were adequatly defended because i pretty much emptied them all in this attack. grs has a LOT of units-so any advice would be appreciated.

Coolville-
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4223/coolville9ye.jpg

Aloha-
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8307/aloha8ls.jpg

Shagpad
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4583/shagpad4zp.jpg

Boom Boom Room
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/825/boomboomroom2ki.jpg

Loveshack
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7066/loveshack3jm.jpg

Fun and Games
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7315/funandgames2yw.jpg

Heres my civic list thing
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4944/civics6wu.jpg

Demographics-lost quite a bit in the way of gnp and production and croy yield with the drafting.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3835/demographics4lb.jpg

Power Graph-
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1658/powergraph9oc.jpg

Score graph
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1787/scoreboard1rx.jpg

BCLG100
12-07-2006, 12:38
And heres the Situation right now :)

Attacking Delhi
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2776/attackondelhi0vx.jpg

Attacking madras
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6307/attackonmadras3ri.jpg

So thoughts anyone???

btw sorry if too many pictures just keeping you all up to date :)

akots
12-07-2006, 13:14
No thoughs here, just curious how it will turn out. Forces seem to be more or less even around the cities. All might depend either on RNG or allies or reinforcements.

Also looks like DaveMcW is not building military. That is a bit strange. May be accumulating cash for a big upgrade? [confused]

BCLG100
12-07-2006, 13:46
yer, well initially it was everyone on gr and it's only been the past couple of turns that people have actually moved closer to dave. He's also been gifting grs some units, (indian keshiks) so that may account for some of it. That and from what i remember he has about 330 gold or something in his locker.

robi d, whomp and mauer seem to have lost their entire force's around the city of thebes and heliopolis so for the time being its just me attacking. with the others contributing strays

BCLG100
21-07-2006, 19:04
Well heres the shit around delhi

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3682/delhiagainfh1.jpg

Im waiting on all the units to amass but grs has a HUGE force in there, so any ideas from anyone? the only thing i can think of is suicide as many cats as i can find and then just hope/pray for the best.

Dave just lost his first city and i am now the most powerful person in the game, this has already put me in no.1 position to be taken out next.

Also if you notice that Madras has been taken out :D

other cities grs has lost are-thebes, bangalore, heliopolis. So he is getting very cut down but delhi is looking to be tough

BCLG100
07-08-2006, 21:40
ooooooooooo k

Sorry for the lack of update

Delhi has fallen- i took it for not many losses (comparitavly)

Grs has lost a great many troops and is becoming a non factor now (though seems to have made a large last stand in one of his cities).

I've switched from full military production to full economic while i send some pillaging units into dave's territory-im gonna wait for other folk to join me before moving in en masse

btw i may need a sub August bank holiday weekend wed 23'rd to mon 28th. So if anyones interested or can?

classical_hero
18-08-2006, 20:04
So what are you going to do about DaveMcW? If I were you I would join forces with him since you are now going to ge a target of the others since you are getting too strong for the other likings.

BCLG100
18-08-2006, 20:24
I am pretty undecided where to go now really, i sent about 8 piullaging cavs into daves land and didnt do much with them and lost about 5 of em.

ive only got one city on military production right now 'korma' admitedly it is the most productive city i have (3 turn cavs) the rest are building me a little bit of infrastructure-granrys/banks. might get ready to turn research back on and build some libraries/unis

Gogf
20-08-2006, 00:28
Okay, here's my advice:

1. Turn your tech back on. Why do you have it off?
2. Switch into Bureacracy and Mercantilism. If you've been drafting all of this time to make a defensive force, it's probably time to stop anyway.
3. Build granaries and libraries much earlier in the future. Those are very basic buildings that should be built relatively early in the game; granaries provide a growth bonus to your cities, so it's kind of useless to build them now.

Other than that, it's looking good :)!

BCLG100
20-08-2006, 01:05
tech is off because im gifting gpt to tubby/whomp/robboo and they are researching.

I'm in beureacracy and free market-gives me quite a bit of extra gold so i dont see the point so much in mercantilism unless i was using representation (Which im not)

well my cities are still quite small because ive been using them more for production than growth, while i havnt been building scientific because ive been concentrating on banks/markets/grocers etc.

ill update with some pictures when the game comes back up!

Gogf
20-08-2006, 07:31
Okay, my assumptions were based on the civics screen you posted in the last screenshot. All the reason to do more updates with pictures :D.

BCLG100
20-08-2006, 14:21
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1661/civ4screenshot0160gx9.jpg
grs's newly taken lands- i have a settler heading north where the ruins are above 'hinduland'

demographics
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3425/civ4screenshot0161hy8.jpg
im doing reasonable in every one except trade and pop-not sure the best way to increase these real quickly.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1785/civ4screenshot0162uz3.jpg-dunno why but i took this pic for some reason

am doing a trade with mauer-heliopolis for loveshack as it means i have an easier to defend few cities.

BCLG100
11-09-2006, 04:30
ok should really try and update this more often.

made peace with dave as others had done before me while i was away-during which time i lost over half my army due to the game crashing while igloo being in charge and him not being able to replay again for some reason (think he went to work).

Following the peace and my return it seems the anti dave alliance has completly falling apart-2 of the researchers robboo and tubby are refusing to hand over the techs, then they have begun to trade with dave (tubby has anyways) i can see no reason for this as he is far and away the leader so i dont know what they gain from doing so in the long term?

anyways sigma went a wandering and has now been completly destroyed, this has brought robi and tubs into fighting talk with each other- tubby seems to have found a new ally in dave...

anyways im still plodding along my merry way-im second-doing pretty well in all categories-may even start building some military now :)

BCLG100
12-09-2006, 01:01
Also i got a great engineer out of coolville today, its useless to get a tech (only gets about 2 turns done) so whats everyones ideas of what i could do with it, should i use it on the ironworks in my capital or should i maybe use it on the forbidden palace in delhi?

thoughts people, i never normally play on long enough for ironworks to be especially usefull so is it that good?

BCLG100
26-09-2006, 03:41
Well if anyone is reading this anymore, understandable if you've got bored.

Thought id just show a couple of pictures, igloo should like one of em (if i can find them that is)
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3644/civ4screenshot0235on7.jpg
I got a great artist out of Aloha- used him to make a great work in iglootown-shooting it up to 3rd place on the greatest cities list-after an intensive growth course its also my second biggest city (after fun and games)

And heres the demographi screenie, i think im going pretty well, gnp im first, food and production im 2nd, miles off from dave though. production im a little bit ahead of robi d and food im a fair bit away from whomp (both 3rd in respective categories)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5800/civ4screenshot0236tb2.jpg

In game ive been trying to encourage growth in my cities to help my score grow a bit-it has been and im nearly 200 points ahead of 3rd (robi d) however it still is no match for daves who is still going away from me.

right now im on 2000ish he's on 2300 and robi is on 1800ish. Bar declaring war on dave anyone got any ideas how i can catch up?

if it carries on like this i think i have a reasonable chance for space.

Sweetacshon
17-10-2006, 05:42
So what's the recent news, BCLG??

BCLG100
17-10-2006, 17:12
Erm by the looks of the last demographic screenie everything has skyrocketed, im fully factoried out in my core cities and nearly every city has a coal plant (not much unhealthyness), just getting my leader city fully functioning (should have done this ALOT earlier but i didnt have an optimal place), apollo due the next turn i believe.

There have been murmerings of a war with dave, to me this would seem pointless as it'll allow people below me to catch up and dave to get further ahead as its easier to defend.

Dave is becoming a wonder hog, he got the kremlin and just got broadway, his production is still about 200 more than me except now its more i have 2/3rds of his and not just half. I've just slipped to 4th in land area but thats to be expected with robi and mel getting the territory of theoden/george/tubby.

Pop im still second, im getting growth in my cities quite a lot, any remaining tiles are being farmed, cottaging in my mind would be pointless now because they wont have the time to grow (even with emancipation).

I can easily out tech anyone (maybe not dave not sure), i have oxford up and running and will have wall street in the same city in about 6 turns or so, i have science running at 100% with the odd turn spent on zero to accumalate some gold .im dicing with dave for first in gnp (he changed to state property the other few turns ago) but am getting about 1000+beakers a turn at 100%, everyone has aluminium in their borders.

The alliance between me robi and whomp which had lasted the whole game is drawing to a close, we're just completing the last round of tech trades (waiting on robi to send radio, we've drawn up some sort of guidelines for the end game (no tech trading, 10 turn notification of war, etc etc) this we just feel is fairer as it gives everyone an equal shot at the end game and everything isnt just based on how productive you are.

Im still in beuracracy is well, every turn i wonder whether i should switch to free speech (is that the other decent civic?), its hard to decide because i wonder whether i first of all have that many more towns elsewhere in my civ but also not sure whether its worth losing the productive bonus, i dont particularlly care about the +100% border exp its not that usefull at this stage in the game.

Anywhoo sorry if that update was too long without pictures, i shall try and get some next time i go ingame.

Tubby Rower
17-10-2006, 17:49
[lol] this is funny to read the other side of the issues .. I never realized that you lost a city to the barbs early on... I lost a settler and a worker iirc. :(

BCLG100
17-10-2006, 18:48
yup was the freakin taoist holy city! pissed off is not the word when i realised i'd left it undefended :D

Robboo
12-11-2006, 01:47
hey BC..I am the one who pillaged your copper. :) I was going to play nice adn pilalge daves resources till you adn mauer puleld your pillage my stuff around my newly captured cities. Sorry I dont think it hurt you.

I was going to nuke RM in another few turns just for kicks. :)

mauer
12-11-2006, 01:55
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's hilarious! I had no idea.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Robboo posted before me. I was referring to the destruction of the holy city.

RegentMan
12-11-2006, 03:31
:( No love...

[nuke] [evil]

Robi D
28-11-2006, 14:36
Losing your new holy city to the barbs is hilarious.

BCLG100
28-11-2006, 20:08
for some maybe [:p]