PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Market!!

English_brit
22-05-2006, 10:08
I train Playmaking. The market has died a death though. I can barely get half as much as I used to for supernatural midfielders. It's a nightmare. :(

I guess the lowering of prices is due to the extra players joining Hattrick, or is there another reason?

Shabbaman
22-05-2006, 10:38
It's because forward trainers don't earn anything on their players any more, so they have no money to spend on midfielders. Inevitable. Prices for defenders droppped as well, although not yet as deep. The only thing that's stable is goalkeepers.

The next thing that'll drop is wingers, 'cause everyone and their mothers now think that that's where the money is.
Unfortunately, the price for trainees hasn't dropped at all. I can only laugh at the people that pay a million for a 17 year old that might get them 2 million in three seasons time.

Kemal
22-05-2006, 10:51
It is troubling indeed, I paid 5.8M for a WC and 2 Magni PM trainees, when I will sell them again once they hit titanic or so, I'd be lucky to get 2.5M a pice for them... not good.

However, as shabba said, the same goes for other training regimes. Forwards are even worse imho, selling over a period of 8 weeks I noticed that the value of my WC strikers decreased with over 100K a week.. and whether that trend has stopped now I'm unsure.

These days, I see training mostly as a means of improving my A-team players on a long term basis, not as a means of earning much money. Until the market has settled, getting 100-150K a week on training seems reasonable, which is a far cry from the 300K per week that is usually recommended for good training regimes in newbie guides etc.

I sold a formi PM with inadequate passing for 963K last week, not bad since brilliant PMs are sold for 1.2M or so these days. That would mean 250K profit (without transfer fees) for 2 levels of training on a player... equalling about.. 15K per week I guess. [sad]

Dell19
22-05-2006, 11:22
I've been unable to sell a brilliant midfielder so I've listed him for £650k and it doesn't look like I will get any bids.

Darth Pugwash
22-05-2006, 12:47
Well I guess that for the time being, winger training is where its at. 15K? My last winger trainee that I sold gave me 31K per week over 2 seasons.

That's 1.02 million £ profit, 1375% of what I paid for him. :)

Edit: That would be 186K per week for 8 trainees (4 wingers and 4 wing-backs at 50% training speed)

edit 2: the guy was a magnificent winger, trained from solid, for anyone interested

ProPain
22-05-2006, 13:12
I seem to have the talent to pick wrong training regimes all the time. I started with winging at a time that earned you close to nothing. Switched to goalkeeping switched to forwards. Read an article about a survey that showed goalkeeping and forward training to be the worst choices and that was 2 seasons ago, way before the foward market collapsed.

My idea was to sell my forwards in a few weeks and move on to winging again because my squad needs better wingers and WB's and you get the added bonus of playing 3-5-2. I wonder how the winger market will look by that time :(

EDIT: to show the state of the market

ID Date Total Skill Index (TSI)/Price: Age Form
28750957 / 20-05-2006 / 244 490 / 1 708 000 € 24 solid
27332569 / 17-05-2006 / 154 410 / 2 922 000 € 24 weak
27347861 / 01-05-2006 / 210 580 / 3 450 000 € 24 excellent
20414800 / 01-04-2006 / 225 160 / 2 514 000 € 24 solid
20414800 / 28-02-2006 / 219 670 / 2 643 000 € 24 solid
Age = 24 & Playmaking=magical & Stamina=excellent & Passing=wretched & Defending=wretched & Scoring<=weak & Winger<=weak

Shabbaman
22-05-2006, 13:14
Like I said, everyone and their mothers is switching to winger training. That's where I'd expect a major collapse next season or so.

Darth Pugwash
22-05-2006, 13:16
Indeed as Shabba says, winger market is probably next to go...

ProPain
22-05-2006, 13:17
Seems the drop in income is making real high level players unwanted as their salaries arent payable anymore, I;ve seen transfer compare also give 1,2M for other magical PM players. Sadly I cant afford the 120k+ salaries they earn....

socralynnek
22-05-2006, 13:33
The thing is: the average income per team per week of training can't be higher than the average income per team by other means.
Where shall that money come from...
And since the upper leagues income per week gets lower because of high wages and the new teams starting in lower divisions thus having less income than the new teams a few seasons ago, it's logical that the prices in average go down.

Maybe in a few seasons, shifting training to improve the whole team and making only a little bit of money is the way to go...

Shabbaman
22-05-2006, 13:41
IOW train passing?

socralynnek
22-05-2006, 13:57
Indeed an alternative. But to make it really good you'd have to buy high level players for it and then wages diminish income drastically.
And I guess too many will switch to passing for mid-level players soon.

akots
22-05-2006, 14:41
quote:Originally posted by English_brit
I guess the lowering of prices is due to the extra players joining Hattrick, or is there another reason?

It seems mostly to be just as simple as an attempt from Hattrick to limit the amount of money because otherwise there will be inflation due to many new people joining in. So, they made them start with low number of supporters and low income. These people are training though and their training income is supposed to be independent on their performance.

Apparently, they don't bother investing into youth squad so prices for young players are still high. But it seems that the market needs a slight rebalancing.

On the other hand, previously, training income was critical for survival but now it seems that the role of the training income had diminished which is actually a rather fair thing. So, people should try to perform as well and get more supporters expanding arena or accumulate some cash reserve to get a safe income source. Training is useful still but not as useful as it were.

That is my impression, not sure how right it is.

English_brit
22-05-2006, 19:31
Interesting to read everyones posts.

I'm not really sure what to do now. My aim was to keep a relatively strong team and build up cash for a few seasons before making a bid to get promoted to the higher leagues.

Looks like it'll take me forever now. lol

ProPain
22-05-2006, 21:40
What I think is most interesting is the rather quick decline in really high level players. High level teams need these players but cant sell there surplus of them at a profit anymore. So there gonna train lower level players in their B squad only training the occasional high level replacement player for themselves. This will in turn erode the midlevel players as well, menaning midlevel teams cant train midlevel players anymore and start training for their own squad mainly too. LIke Socra I;m thinking we're going to a situation were training is mainly a means to improve your own team, if you make a bit of money on the way that's just nice.

In turn that makes me wonder if training surplus players in profitable anymore when we;re a year further. Maybe it will be financially wiser to just train your own players+ replacements and reserves that you need. Saving the wages of the surplus wages that hardly make you any money anymore.

BCLG100
22-05-2006, 21:42
While i appreciate all you people have much better teams than me, some of the players i have bought i have managed to sell on again with no extra training a few weeks later for about 10k profit, if you did this 10 times that'd be 100k profit, obviously not all these are guaranteed but buying young passable skilled players on the cheap and then selling them onto people who may not know much about hattrick could be the way forward, for the littler teams anyways...

ProPain
22-05-2006, 21:49
It has 2,5 problems:

1) daytrading takes time, lots of time.
2) IT will ruin your team spirit cause buying a nasty player may cause a TS drop and selling a nice one can do the same
2.5) 10K needs to cover the 10% difference between buying and selling so you need to buy <100K players, kinda making point 1 even worse.

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 08:08
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

High level teams need these players but cant sell there surplus of them at a profit anymore.

I was thinking about it, and you got a point there. It might have something to do with the influx of new teams, but probably not the current influx of teams. 9th division teams aren't producing supernaturals, and surely they aren't buying them. So it might be the creation of the 8th (meaning, 2 years ago or something), with teams that are currently producing supernaturals (for example) but aren't buying them.
With more teams in lower divisions, the level in higher leagues increases a bit, but the overall demand for high ranked players won't increase because those teams aren't making more money.

So, there are getting more players available, but the demand hasn't increased as much. Still, no explanation why the market crashes now.
My guess is that, what I said mockingly initially, that forward trainers don't have money to buy new players. That might indeed be a part of the problem, but what's causing the drop now is that a lot of people realised they're paying awfully lot of wages after the age update.

Seriously, supernatural scorer 25k a week (incl. 20% bonus). Even if I'd be making the 50k per week per player like I used to, I'd be dumb to continue training that guy. I should have realised that earlier, because this would be true anyway, crashed transfer market or not.

As to what training regimes there'll be in the future, I don't know. Switching training costs you money, that won't change in the future.

Kingreno
23-05-2006, 08:49
quote:Seriously, supernatural scorer 25k a week (incl. 20% bonus). Even if I'd be making the 50k per week per player like I used to, I'd be dumb to continue training that guy. I should have realised that earlier, because this would be true anyway, crashed transfer market or not.

There should be something added for the contribution the player makes in your matches, If that SN scorer adds for example 5 goals a season compared to a formi scorer, those 5 goals will do what? Happier supporters means bigger crowds, more money, he may even tip the balance in the favour of an important cuptie, another 2/3* income full stadium...

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 08:59
If you start that way, then you should also discount that you aren't spending that money on a defender that stops 5 goals, or a midfielder that creates 5 chances.

Kingreno
23-05-2006, 10:33
But I am taking that into account, as I said in teh example teh SN scorer replaces a Formi scorer. If the trained player adds nothting game-wise, tehn indeed the profit is very limited.

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 10:38
Hm, but what if you have bought a supernatural defender instead... oh well, pointless discussion anyhoo...

Kemal
23-05-2006, 10:39
...and if those 5 goals prevent you from relegating, profit could be limited even more. [/Kemal's cynical view on HT-promotion system]

Agree with others on training for improving the team rather than making most profit. Also, if you dare to take up on it, there is always the osmosis training system which can enhance your training profits or losses (experienced both), depending on how well you can beat the system with this. Takes less time than actual skill- or daytrading, but it can be very, very long term planning indeed though...

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 11:12
Is there a market for set pieces training?

Kemal
23-05-2006, 11:22
Yndy is training SP, so when (if) he reads this he should be able to provide more info. It seems it requires really high start-up costs, but that it can be really profitable afterwards. Don't know any ins or outs though...

yndy
23-05-2006, 13:51
The SP market was worth huge money 4-6 seasons ago. It dropped significantly some 3 seasons ago to the point that it required huge investments and yielded 'normal' profits. Since 'normal' profits have dropped significantly, there is again an opportunity for SP trainers. But now they are hurt by the declining prices since the time they bought the trainees, and because the number of trainees is very high, it adds up to large numbers.

The biggest problem of SP trainees is overproduction, since every team tries to get close to 50 trainees, the 1% that is training SP could provide a SP trainer to half the teams in HT. Every 2 seasons !

Small increases in the number of SP trainers leads to significant price drops.

Now I am training SP because I got stuck in a training regime, 4,5 seasons ago which needs to be finished or it will be a disaster. I purchased 20 excellent scoring forwards 4,5 seasons ago and trained them shooting 4 seasons and SP 1 season to sell them as brilliant forwards with divine SP.

I also purchased with time some 20 osmosis trainees with solid scoring, some I sold when they popped but the current 20 I intend to sell as excellent scoring - divine SP.

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 13:58
At what level does SP start to sell? I couldn't notice an effect with outstanding SP.

yndy
23-05-2006, 14:03
There is a use for SP trainees, 1 is a must for a team competing in a tight league for the set pieces actions. Then there is the long-shot event for forwards (mostly) it’s rare but could give you the edge every once in a blue moon.

The strategy for SP training needs some calculation.
Buying solid main skill players yields close to nothing as profits, there are already tons of such players floating around anyway.
Excellent main skill is a minimum and profits should be similar to other trainings. The initial capital is € 10M give or take so other trainings might be more cost-efficient.
Formidable-Outstanding-Brilliant main skill is where money can be made currently. I’d say above average profits but investments are € 25-75 M, huge amounts and if you get hit by a general price decrease with all those money invested in players, you might see that profits are very volatile.

Until recently it wasn’t efficient to train main skill magnificent and above to set pieces, not because of the costs but the agent’s commission ate a lot of your profit. Since prices went down, I guess magnificent and world class main skill trainees are ‘trainable’ in SP but who has the money?

Kingreno
23-05-2006, 14:04
Is there ay data on how much the chance increases that an SP-SE is a goal depending on SE skill? I have a excellent SP Inner Mid and he scores a lot from free kicks...

yndy
23-05-2006, 14:07
SP should be divine to sell, but it works from supernatural onwards. The point is that if you buy a player with SP you want to score all the time against enemy keepers. Outstanding SP vs. outstanding keeper scores most of penalties but still misses 30-50% of the free kicks. Divine should be risk free, actually for high level play divine + a bunch of weeks is advisable but level cannot be proven so it hurts trade.

yndy
23-05-2006, 14:17
Regarding the general topic, the fact that the market has collapsed should impact us in several ways, I support most of your thoughts:
- training profit will become less important in the economy of the team;
- training for resale will be more an more replaced with training for one’s own team.
Also I guess we’ll see:
- more non-optimal training: instead of training 10 defenders with crappy league and cup results, one could train 8 and play 3-5-2 in the league or even 6 and play 3-5-2 all the time;
- alternate training: why train 5 defenders in the off-season for a minor increase, when you can give that stamina training all the team needs or the odd SP training. Also one could train general before a big game, the loss of profits would not be that big anymore.

Sorry about several posts. There is no much data on SP conversion. There is general conversion rates at www.hattristics.org (30% for free-kicks, 75% from penalties) but it's biased by the fact that a lot of free kicks go unreported because teams have lousy SP players.

Mistfit
23-05-2006, 14:41
I just bought a new forward with formidable scoring and Supernatural SP. I hope this helps my scoring as my Excellent SP guy does not seem to score a whole lot. btw I paid 800K (USD) for him.

To the earlier discussion I just sold an Outstanding PM'er at 19 yrs old for 1.168Mil that I bought 17 weeks ago at Excellent for $412,000. This guy never made it to my "A" club but netted me a handi 716K profit (after salary) for about 42K per week increase.

I think this may be the way to go for your "B" squad players. Who ever bought him I'm sure has plans of training somthing else (like passing) to bring him even further but I'm happy with the result.

Shabbaman
23-05-2006, 15:13
That's a real bargain Mistfit, congrats! Buying 19 y.o. formidables and training them 2 levels is how I made a lot of money the previous seasons. Unfortunately, somehow that turned into buying 18 y.o. formidables and training them to world class, which would've made me even more money if the market hadn't collapsed.
I think I'll go back to training formi's and selling them at brilliant, until I have 3 dutch world class strikers. What I'll do then is in the dark. Depending on the mids I might turn to passing or something.

BTW, it's fair to assume that my training SP between seasons has been a complete waste, if I read Yndy's post.

EDIT: I just realised the net worth of Yndy's trainees [mouth]

arne1
23-05-2006, 23:10
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

I've been unable to sell a brilliant midfielder so I've listed him for £650k and it doesn't look like I will get any bids.

I just had a bid on my brilliant midfielder (21) of 1 million euro's. So I am not unhappy. Although it weakens my team considerably and ruins my chances in the CDZ-cup.

BCLG100
23-05-2006, 23:25
quote:Originally posted by arne1

quote:Originally posted by Dell19

I just had a bid on my brilliant midfielder (21) of 1 million euro's. So I am not unhappy. Although it weakens my team considerably and ruins my chances in the CDZ-cup.

i have a funny feeling you may still have a chance against me...

Tubby Rower
24-05-2006, 03:43
[lol]

yndy
24-05-2006, 13:48
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman
EDIT: I just realised the net worth of Yndy's trainees [mouth]

Just to crosscheck, last time I calculated about 27 Million. How much did you estimate?

Shabbaman
24-05-2006, 13:54
After 20 excellent scoring with divine SP at 800k-1M each I had enough, thank you. Respect!

Kemal
24-05-2006, 14:04
I think that's a bit optimistic, to hope fetching 800-1000K for an excellent/divine scoring/sp player.

450K seems to be the norm, so that's about 8M in excellent scorers, plus 20x 1.5M for the brilliants = 30M, so that would equal 38M worth of trainees. Still way more than yndy's estimate... did you already figure in salaries and transfer fees yndy, or am I just way off the mark with these estimates according to your experiences?

Shabbaman
24-05-2006, 14:19
Hm. I figured divine SP is equal to an extra level scoring, with a formidable scorer selling for something like 800k. But it's a lot of cash however you look at it.

What do you think I should do with my trainees? I have a dane going to supernatural and a american (speaking chinese btw) going to world class, both with excellent+1 SP.

Dell19
24-05-2006, 15:37
I like how SP trainers flood the market at unrealistic price levels in the hope that someone will bite and to make the reasonably high prices seem acceptable.

yndy
30-05-2006, 05:42
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

450K seems to be the norm, so that's about 8M in excellent scorers, plus 20x 1.5M for the brilliants = 30M, so that would equal 38M worth of trainees. Still way more than yndy's estimate... did you already figure in salaries and transfer fees yndy, or am I just way off the mark with these estimates according to your experiences?

My players aren't yet all excellent and all brilliant in scoring and none is divine in SP. So their current value is lower.

tofra
30-06-2006, 11:49
I think we have reached one of the lowest prices for excellent forwarders since years! Just about 150k-250k.. :-(

Shabbaman
30-06-2006, 11:57
That's really depending on the age. 17 year olds with good secondaries are still going for 900k. That's absurd, because that's more than what an 18 y.o. formidable costs, but if that's what people want to pay in order to avoid making any profit, then please be my guest.

BCLG100
30-06-2006, 13:58
My excellent scoring player when he pops up looks like he'll only get about 100k :( might be due to his insanely low TSI 250

arne1
30-06-2006, 20:08
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

My excellent scoring player when he pops up looks like he'll only get about 100k :( might be due to his insanely low TSI 250

When are you selling him? I might be interrested.

Aggie
06-07-2006, 07:56
I have noticed a weird glitch after the last server downtime (Tuesday). When on the transfer list it appears that a player is sold, looking at the details of a player shows that a couple of minute were added to the deadline and that the bidding simply continues. I have two players on the TL and I fear that I will lose a lot of potential money because bidders may be thinking that the bidding indeed has finished :( This has been happening for 2 days now and I'm going to report it...

Shabbaman
06-07-2006, 08:33
That's not a bug, that's a feature.

Aggie
06-07-2006, 09:32
You mean this is the way it always has worked?

Kingreno
06-07-2006, 10:06
yes!

Tubby Rower
06-07-2006, 12:45
Aggie, basically if someone bids within 3 minutes of the close, they'll extend it to 3 minutes beyond the last bid. So technically bidding could go on a week!!

Aggie
06-07-2006, 14:55
I know that. But I have seen it happen that according to the transfer list a bidding was finished (It said 'sold the buyer pays...), while in fact you could still bid on a player (when you look at the details you may see higher biddings, the option to bid and a different time, 3 to more minutes later).

Kingreno
06-07-2006, 15:11
That may be just a little delay. It has worked well for me, and I've had quite some transfers over the years.

Kemal
06-07-2006, 15:47
It might be your internal PC's time is ahead of the official HT-time, which happens from time to time when using the "back" button, for example.

Aggie
06-07-2006, 15:56
Whatever it was, I haven't seen it happen today.

tofra
01-08-2006, 20:29
I've put my three Formidable forwarders on the transfer list.. All three for 500k. Let's hope the market isn't crashed that much, and see how much they will sell for. I know that about a year ago they would easily sell for 750k...

Kemal
03-08-2006, 18:15
People might have heard about the fact that HT was down a few days ago except for one server (server60) for several hours, during which about 200 people that were online have made incredibly good deals on the transfer market for lots of players.

This in combination with the transfer compare bug (only one sold player was shown 10 times for transfer comparing players) resulted in many players giving a strongly devaluated TC listing, since the only player shown during transfer compare was one sold during the downtime error... I think this may have caused another collapse in the market, or at least this is visible when I transfer compare my 20 solid goalkeeper YP: before the bug, TC listed 10 different prices ranging between 90K and 110K, after the downtime bug I had a TC of 9K(!) 10 times for the same player... and now, he TCs for between 50 and 60K for players sold today, meaning the prices collapsed by almost 100% in 3 days. [eek]

While I know prices fall continuously at the end of the season (and as a general trend atm), it seems the HTs certainly aren't helping with their behaviour, and this might really cost teams a lot more money than just those unfortunate enough to have sold players during the downtime... :(

Robboo
03-08-2006, 19:34
yeah but some of us made good deals getting trainees and "filler" players due to the errors.

Kingreno
03-08-2006, 20:45
I just emptied my wallet on the TM. these prices cannot go lower.

Shabbaman
03-08-2006, 21:03
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

While I know prices fall continuously at the end of the season (and as a general trend atm), it seems the HTs certainly aren't helping with their behaviour, and this might really cost teams a lot more money than just those unfortunate enough to have sold players during the downtime... :(

It's competition falsification, that's what it is. This game is officially ruined. This game is led by a couple of screw ups who're probably driving Porsches on our expense.

socralynnek
03-08-2006, 21:11
yeah, we should do our own online footie manager. me wants to drive porsches too....

tofra
04-08-2006, 09:11
Well, let that now exactly be the case where Energy and myself are working on (for a couple of months). See the post in http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3744

:-)

Shabbaman
04-08-2006, 09:21

It's competition falsification, that's what it is. This game is officially ruined. This game is led by a couple of screw ups who're probably driving Porsches on our expense.

In addition to that, I get the worst formupdate ever, right before a qualifier match. If some HT could explain why the 3 players that didn't play this week get a form increase, while (close to) all the others that played get a form decrease, then perhaps I'd hate them less :(

Kingreno
04-08-2006, 11:19
In addition to that, I get the worst formupdate ever, right before a qualifier match. If some HT could explain why the 3 players that didn't play this week get a form increase, while (close to) all the others that played get a form decrease, then perhaps I'd hate them less :(

I think they fear midweeks friendly. [coool]

tofra
04-08-2006, 20:30
None of them sold... :-( What should i do? Lower price??

Berislav Gr#269;i#263; (93715126)
19 years, inadequate form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 540
Stamina: inadequate Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: formidable Set Pieces: weak

Oriol Vilanova (93720232)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 660
Stamina: weak Goalkeeping: disastrous
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: formidable Set Pieces: inadequate

Shaheen Al-Kaleel (89749750)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is fiery and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.
Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 110
Stamina: poor Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: wretched
Scoring: formidable Set Pieces: weak

Robboo
04-08-2006, 20:35
Wait till the season starts and train stamina on them. The new stamina rule might have some big spenders a bit shy. What did you list them at?

tofra
04-08-2006, 20:55
500k each..

tofra
04-08-2006, 21:56
Or, another option, keep training scoring with these players?

bed_head7
05-08-2006, 01:16
End of the season is an awful time to sell. If you take them to outstanding, that should leave you selling mid season when prices are generally pretty decent, so I wouls say continuing training isn't a bad idea.

Shabbaman
07-08-2006, 07:40
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

Wait till the season starts and train stamina on them. The new stamina rule might have some big spenders a bit shy. What did you list them at?

Stamina has no effect on forwards. You could train these for another 7 weeks.

Dell19
07-08-2006, 12:33
The 18 year old could be trained for another season and a half.

Tubby Rower
07-08-2006, 12:54
@ tofra, the #1 in our league sold a forward for ~ 500k. I presume that he was formidable. So the market is still there. Perhaps bad timing.

Now that the league bonuses have been paid, would it be a good time now or should they be held off until after the first game of next season?

tofra
07-08-2006, 13:04
Right now i'm training stamina for 2 week.. After that i'm going to continue with training forwards. I'll wait selling them until they are Outstanding.. This gives me about 300-400k more, so one week longer training because they are 20 isn't a big of a waste..

bed_head7
07-08-2006, 13:55
Hold off on selling until people have matches. People don't want to pay wages for players who won't play for two weeks.

Shabbaman
07-08-2006, 14:48
[lol]

I just sold one of my backup defenders. I bought him in march 2005 for 140k, I just sold him for 143k [rotfl]

Dell19
07-08-2006, 20:26
Inflation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

arne1
07-08-2006, 22:07

[lol]

I just sold one of my backup defenders. I bought him in march 2005 for 140k, I just sold him for 143k [rotfl]

What kind of crap is this? Aren't players suppose to become cheaper?
You, you... very savvy buyer.

Kingreno
12-08-2006, 10:22
Hey I sold only 7 out of my 11 daytrade-slaves and I am already up 100k! The other guys will get a week of stamina and they will get me another 100k. So that's 200k, easily gained! The TM is defi screwed but it is still easy to make cash!:D

tofra
19-09-2006, 16:40
Eh, I'm looking at the stat from HAM, average sale prices of players... What will happen if the market keeps falling down for another year? This probably means that even 8th divison teams will end up with players having 6+ stars! Also training isn't profitable at all.. :-(

Does someone think HT is going to do something to influence the market positively?

Kingreno
19-09-2006, 19:16
They can't do something very big or they will end up benefitting a large number of teams too much. If they decrease wages all of a sudden, those who actually payd attention to keep those low will be screwed. IMO they are gambling the market will stabilize. I, as you may see in the aristocats econ thread, Gamble they will go further down. I even hope so. [blush]

Shabbaman
19-09-2006, 19:23
quote:Originally posted by tofra

This probably means that even 8th divison teams will end up with players having 6+ stars! Also training isn't profitable at all.

Take a look how much wage you can afford. I've been proclaiming for about a season that the market will crash even harder, because those 8th division teams with 6+ stars players (more likely 6th div. teams, but you get the point) will find that they're not making profit any more, or, are losing money. Simply because their wage budget is huge.
So when they sell those expensive players, the market will crash. I'm hoping this will happen because of two reasons: 1. I didn't buy those players because I don't want to pay their wages and 2. since I've been shouting this for some time I'll look stupid if they don't crash.

The one thing that shouldn't be changed is lowering wages. Face it, 8th division teams should be very happy with a single 4 star player and 10 crap players.

For me, it's stockpiling time. When/if the market stabilizes, I'll have money to spend.

barbu1977
19-09-2006, 20:24
IMHO this is what they should do:

- Increase higher divisions team revenue.
- Increase player wages
- Adjust make the supporter/bonus increase proportional to the maximum number of divs in each country.

akots
19-09-2006, 23:35
... I've been proclaiming for about a season that the market will crash even harder ...

It might be a very likely possibility and it would have been OK if they were able to fix finally the match engine, match attendance, number of supporters and other alternative sources of income.

tofra
20-09-2006, 08:16
Eh, what's wrong with the match engine?

tofra
17-10-2006, 15:06
I think I made a good deal with this player.. Bought it for 131k..

Hilger Melamed (128627330)
18 years, weak form, healthy

A popular guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: flag Polska
Total Skill Index (TSI): 850
Wage: 840 €/week
Owner: Spooky Kids
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: wretched Goalkeeping: disastrous
Winger: wretched Defending: excellent
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

PsicoTSI Tool Terminus Edition
Defending[Form=High]=8.3
Defending[Form=Avg]=8.44
Defending[Form=Low]=8.6
Defending[Wage]=8.06

tofra
17-10-2006, 15:55
I also bought this guy, and I think it's a good deal to as he is almost popping to formidable.. Bought him for 225k

Frédéric Bizot (113829549)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Nationality: flag France
Total Skill Index (TSI): 970
Wage: 840 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: AC Stecco
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: wretched Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: excellent
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Career Goals: 0
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 0

PsicoTSI Tool Terminus Edition
Defending[Form=High]=8.68
Defending[Form=Avg]=8.74
Defending[Form=Low]=8.81
Defending[Wage]=7.93

socralynnek
17-10-2006, 16:10
Looks, like you made a solid, ahem, I mean, excellent deal with both. ;)
But expect the prices to drop further...

Tubby Rower
17-10-2006, 16:28
woo hoo.. I can upgrade my defense then :)

arne1
17-10-2006, 19:14
I just bought:
oustanding defender, solid wing 800 keuro
brilliant defender, passable wing 823 keuro
outstanding defender, divine SP 1.016 Meeuro

I expect my defense to start getting control over my opponens attack now.