PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters.

Kingreno
21-05-2006, 09:41
Question, when you spot a cheater, or a suspected cheater, do you always pursue and report?

Today I pulled a very decent (grrrrrrrrr) passable 18 yr old winger with NO extra's. I considdered firing but checked TC anyways spotting 5 dude's that sold for 1 k...and one that sold for 140k! Uh, now that's either stupid...or it is cheating. Quick check showed he Transferred between two Czech teams, checked IP...the same. <sigh>. I reported them as always...

akots
21-05-2006, 11:03
I've reported twice suspicious transactions to GMs. Both instances were when I was in 6th division and both teams either got deleted by GMs or just quit. I'm also looking for transactions in my league just because I have to and of course I note things there but it all had been squeaky clean so far.

There is a lot of shit happening on the market.[sad]

Kemal
21-05-2006, 11:23
I always report. There are a lot of them indeed, so far 40% of my series I played in contained a team that has been expelled for foul play, or at least suddenly left after suspicious behaviour.

(Though that sounds like a lot more than it really is, 2 out of 35 teams expelled in 5 series so far).

Shabbaman
21-05-2006, 18:14
I always report them, and sometimes I actively hunt them. When you check out low TSI transfers you'll find strange stuff pretty often. Punishments are sometimes really weird. For example, I once found out that a guy from my division who was going to relegate (and probably quit) did some bogus trading with a 4th division club. The guy from the 4th got away.

Dell19
21-05-2006, 20:04
The money was probably taken away to make the transfer fair.

Kingreno
21-05-2006, 20:21
It is actually quite easy to spot the fuckers. Just search the TM for low TSI (set max to 200), high bid (set bid to 99k minimum or so). Any bid here that is not for a future coach (set experience lower then Inad helps) is a cheat probably. Check IP matches and you got a winner.
I spotted 4 so far and am still hunting.[charge]

Kingreno
21-05-2006, 21:01
A 20 minute full speed cheater hunter raid saw over 16 teams reported! Sadly, there are easily a 100 more that are spotted by the searchmethod posted in my previous post...It's an excellent way to fill the 15 mins at halftime!!!

Shabbaman
21-05-2006, 21:19
Hm, good one KR. Might be something for when I'm bored... at work ;)

arne1
21-05-2006, 22:01
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Hm, good one KR. Might be something for when I'm bored... at work ;)

You can login on hattrick at work? even the lazy fucks at my work made it impossible for me

Shabbaman
21-05-2006, 22:09
It's really random what I can and can't access at work. I only check in at hattrick during lunchbreaks though.

Shabbaman
09-07-2006, 11:35
Well, I was hunting this morning, a lot of new teams that are "helping each other". Hopefully the HT gods do something with those reports. I've bookmarked some players and clubs to see if they do.

Perhaps we should make it a federation goal to hunt down cheaters. 15 minutes a week for every member should do it.

Dell19
10-07-2006, 12:50
There already is a fed.

Mistfit
08-12-2006, 05:51
Do you think they are even trying to catch these guys?

Go look at the top Money Transfers Internationally for the week.. I saw at least 4 sub 100 TSI guys get sold for 1-8,000,000 hell even I can find these guys... (and yes I did report them)

Shabbaman
08-12-2006, 07:42
It should be very easy to make an automatic alert for these kind of transfers. Or transfers from teams to teams with the same IP adress.

yndy
17-12-2006, 11:51
I think the top transfers always get reported by someone, either automatic or manual. I do as Kemal and akots, check my own division and also the guys I'm playing in the Cup. I think 2-3 cheaters were closed following my reports, mainly while I was in Div. VI. Inadvertedly I caused the team of a fellow player locked for 5 days when I reported he was suspicioulsly logging from a Swedish IP all the time, and always played friendlies against the same Swedish team. It turned out he was a Romanian living in Sweden (and was allowed to have a team in Romania at the time he started) and he was playing his friend. He was unlocked and a bit pissed of what happened to him, I never told him, it was me :ashamed:

arne1
05-05-2007, 14:27
filled in my first cheat rapport today. one guy in my division spend 9 million on a 250 TSI player. That seems like groce overpaying to me.
The good news is, that he now only has 6 players and hardley any money, so he will not surprise me tomorrow.

akots
05-05-2007, 17:56
quote:Originally posted by arne1
one guy in my division spend 9 million on a 250 TSI player.

Seems like he is either starting over again or sold HT money for real money to somebody. [lol]