PDA

View Full Version : Cup Round 4

Swingue
17-05-2006, 20:02
I won 5-4 (including penalties) [charge]
Next round i play a IV'th league team, no chance in hell i guess.

quote:
The 30237 spectators at SwingStars Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Lagreca - Kronberger, Smoszna, Heins - Kuiper, Schwansee, Chagas, Tillbrant, Knoester - van de Garde, Sauter.

Heroes had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Tarasov - Rădulescu, Barclay, Schmid - Elyazaji, Cannobio, Crans, Barrere, van Meerkerk - de Reiziger, Flodmo.

In the 10th minute of the match, SwingStars's Olaf Erik Sauter demonstrated his famed speed as he raced past his marker and passed the ball to Ruud-Jan van de Garde who chipped it in for 1-0. The home team will be cursing Jan-Melis van Meerkerk for weeks; he finished off a great pass from the left, knocking it past the keeper without a problem, tying the score at 1 - 1 in the 22nd minute. In the 25th minute Heroes's Remy de Reiziger viciously shoved another player from behind while going for a loose ball and was sent off the pitch with a red card. 33 minutes into the game, a free kick combination hooked into the box by Rainer Werner Schwansee almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. 1 - 1 was the score after the first half. This half belonged to Heroes, who controlled the ball 55 percent of the time.

SwingStars were very close to putting themselves one up in the 73rd minute as Joep Knoester got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Slack defending gave SwingStars a chance to take the lead in the 79th minute, but Sjaak-Jan Heins's cross from the left flank was fumbled in front of the goal and easily dealt with by the opposition. Heroes dictated play, as they maintained 54 percent of possession.

As neither team had managed to win, extra time was called. In the game's 93rd minute, Heroes's Anton Schmid fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Anton Schmid for diving. There was still no winner after 30 minutes of extra time so the teams had to select a lineup for a penalty contest to settle the result.

SwingStars's Rainer Werner Schwansee had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 2 - 1. Clearly nervous from the start, Heroess Gregorio Barclay's attempt sailed far wide of the goal. The score remains 2 - 1. SwingStars's Stefan Tillbrant coolly put the ball past Sergey Tarasov. 3 - 1. Heroes's Anton Schmid had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 3 - 2. SwingStars's Anton Kronberger hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 3 - 2. Heroes's Anders Flodmo made no mistake. Gian Maria Lagreca didn't have a chance. 3 - 3. SwingStars's Casper Kuiper had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 4 - 3. Heroes's Claudio Cannobio had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 4 - 4. SwingStars's Ruud-Jan van de Garde made no mistake. Sergey Tarasov didn't have a chance. 5 - 4. Heroes's Vlad Rădulescu penalty shot was very well placed but Gian Maria Lagreca went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 5 - 4.

SwingStars's best player was Gian Maria Lagreca.Olaf Erik Sauter on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Heroes player was Gil Barrere. On the other hand, Mohamed Elyazaji's play was disheartening. The match ends 5 - 4.

Dell19
17-05-2006, 20:41
I lost 2-1 in extra time.

BCLG100
17-05-2006, 23:15
So is it just you left in now Swingue?

Swingue
18-05-2006, 23:57
Apparently, i am a bit surprised, i surely don't have the best team around

BCLG100
18-05-2006, 23:58
maybe just luck of the draw really :)