PDA

View Full Version : Cup Round 3

Kemal
10-05-2006, 20:42
[sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][sulk][medic][medic]

That was how De Snaken lined up after a terrible 3rd round cup encounter against a strong CA team. That said, based on the ratings I think I should have gotten more, but it wasn't to be, and to top it off I received a +3 on my 26 year old best defender.

quote:
Clear skies welcomed the 39953 spectators who had made their way to Neeltje Jacoba. FCAYRTBFM decided to use a 5-3-2 set up. Starters: Carter - Moon, Väth, Transten, Bres, Lisitskiy - Mirga, Brusse, Nippes - Avram, Marina.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi³ek - Suárez, Rouwenhorst, Malmbeck - Alario, Broertjes, Geiger, van Mill, Velea - Billand, Kronskär.

FCAYRTBFM clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. FCAYRTBFM caught their opponents out with a clever counterattack down the right wing in the 4th minute. Eddy Nippes was able to finish off the move - 1 - 0. In the 10th minute, FCAYRTBFM's Matei Avram received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The Snaken player who had to be helped off the pitch, was Johan Malmbeck as he was unable to finish the game. Wilm Meesen came in to finish the match. Snaken's Wilm Meesen left the field after 15 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Lammert Wiemers. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 0. This half belonged to Snaken, who controlled the ball 68 percent of the time.

Agapito Suárez levelled the score for Snaken, making it 1 - 1 on a free kick that went in by way of the right post. Per Kronskär really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal following a great play by Ruben Rouwenhorst after a corner. FCAYRTBFM earned themselves a free kick after a counterattack wasn't dealt with adequately by their opponents. Rudi Brusse powered the shot in for 2 - 1. Some brilliant football from the visitors' right wing resulted in a 87th minute levelling of score as Snaken's Peter Billand put the ball in the net for 2 - 2. The corner kick from Rudi Brusse set Matei Avram up perfectly, as he soared to meet the ball, heading it in for 3-2. A cross coming in on the right hand side left Rijk van Mill alone in front of the goal in the 88th minute but his shot was too loose. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 64 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating FCAYRTBFM player was without a doubt Joo Moon. Janusz Mirga on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Snaken player was Per Kronskär. However, Lammert Wiemers made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 2.

[bosd] <- The manager after the match.

Darth Pugwash
10-05-2006, 21:41
I lost 2-8.

First time I've made it past the second round though, so its not all bad. :)

Shabbaman
10-05-2006, 22:19
I won easily 1-5, but next round I'm playing away, again, v.s. a fresh relegated VIth team with 210 hatstats...

Kingreno
10-05-2006, 22:23
VOMIT! fuck the matchengine! My opponent played AOW and I played both my CD's Towards the wing and both WB's defensive. Also, my central attack was very very good, while his defense sucked all over the place. Still he scores from the flank making 1-1 and I lose 5-1 on penalties with Excellent SP dudes missing...very disappointing.[aargh]

Melifluous
11-05-2006, 00:13
I squeek a 0-1 away win PIC'ing with my B-team midfield.

Will see how my weekend MOTS goes against good opposition to decide on whether I PIC again away against #1 from another Div V team.

onwards and like totally upwards dudes!

[meli]

PS. Do I seem drinked? I bloody should be, what a day...

Dell19
11-05-2006, 00:22
Won 5-2. Next round might be possible although it depends on whether my form finally improves.

Shabbaman
11-05-2006, 08:00
Ah... form... [sad]

Swingue
11-05-2006, 11:31
Won 3-2, next round will be interesting to see if i can survive, good amount of people showed up btw, 32.000, that is money pouring in, a good thing i must say

Dell19
11-05-2006, 13:36
44k came to my match :)