PDA

View Full Version : How many solo games do you play per month ?

Skyfish
19-05-2003, 18:55
I have very little time to play Civ3 and I have become addicted to games you can share with other junks like you guys : Succession Games, RB games, tournament games, GOTM, PBEM, etc...

Because of all this I have not played a solo game in ages, can't even remember when it was...

What about you guys ? Do you prioritize what I would call Multiplayer games (all forms including GOTM and tournament) or you really need oyu solo games and some Multiplayer on the side ?

prettyvacant
19-05-2003, 19:13
I havent finished the one SP game ive got going - but voted one rather than not finishing cos I only started it a couple of weeks ago.

its a diety game to try and improve ny play. Its going much better than previous attempts, but i did keep clicking new until i saw a cow at the start!

Also ive got an enormous aztec army marching through my land on their way to beat up the iroquos on the other side. cant say im enjoying being trapped in the middle of these buggers.

anarres
19-05-2003, 19:46
Last one I started was TET, although other 'multiplayer' games intruded. Once version 2 is out I will play again.

I am thinking of playing a game of DyP (or at leats a couple of hundred turns) and then playing PBEM with it. [groucho]

WildFire
19-05-2003, 20:33
I started one ahwile back and have been playing PBEM's, CS, or BF1942 most of the time. Plus its a huge map and my comp cant handle it to well.

Kemal
19-05-2003, 21:16
I've only played one real solo game in the last couple of months, the only civ3 games I (try) to play at the moment are PBEM games and GotM.

digger760
19-05-2003, 21:21
i vote 1 but its more like 1/2 or a third a month, the game i started now must have been 3 or 4 weeks ago its a long way from finishin, but i will finish before i start another

ProPain
19-05-2003, 23:37
played 3 but lost 2 to early AI cult vic (I hate Hamurabi). Just won one 5 mins ago 1515AD UN vic which would have been domination in 1 turn also. Kicking deity AI ass with 60 tanks while they have none [party]

DrAlimentado
19-05-2003, 23:51
I start a couple a month I guess, but rarely finish them. Most recently I've been doing Deity starts, playing for 100 turns or so before I get crushed or am dominating...

jack merchant
20-05-2003, 00:19
What with the SG's and PBEM's I'm playing, I don't have the time for solo play ! Last solo game was GOTM19, but the late-game fatigue syndrome had fatal consequences for me there. The solo game before that was over a month ago - a Monarch Always War with the Romans. Great fun, and great good luck - my very first elite Archer spawned a GL with its very first attack in 2700 BC !

Sween
20-05-2003, 04:44
it depends. some months i have alot of free time, others i don't have any.

Shabbaman
20-05-2003, 09:58
One at most. I've got a solo game running at home all the time, since I've only got a lousy cable internet connection that's pretty much the only thing to do. And since I've got some RL issues going on as well, I'm not really playing that much. And I micromanage a lot.