PDA

View Full Version : 3 vs. 3 locked alliance

Whomp
19-04-2006, 07:28
Tubby, RegentMan and I had a lot of fun playing against the Russian forum team. RegentMan said he'd need to lurk this game but Tubby, Wosret, Barbu and I are looking for two more people to join us in another game. We will also need a mapmaker. Beam did a great job on our last one. Thanks Beam! Any takers on a map?

I was thinking continents but with 3-5 coastal lanes for early action. Any other thoughts? We played the Russian game with AP on. Very weird to have 2 turn settler factories I must say.

barbu1977
19-04-2006, 14:14
As I said yesterday, I'm interested

Tubby Rower
19-04-2006, 19:37
I could make the map ;)

killercane
19-04-2006, 20:32
Sign me up if theres room.

Whomp
19-04-2006, 21:32
You're in 'Cane. One more and we have a game.

On civ...Akots did a very good job balancing the civs and traits in the russian game.

Iroquois/Persians/Japanese
vs.
Celts/Chinese/Greeks

Can you think of any other combos that would be fair?

killercane
21-04-2006, 19:46
One idea is no agri or ind civs, but that takes away some fun civs to play as and some strategy tactics. Definitely no accelerated production.

Rik Meleet
21-04-2006, 20:18
I'm always willing to play civ 3

Whomp
21-04-2006, 21:04
OK we have the players now what are the teams? No AP on. It was kinda weird.

We could make it interesting by drafting serpentine style with no overlapping traits for each team. (IE 1 ag, 1 ind)
Team 1 picks their civ
Team 2 picks two
Team 1 picks two
Team 2 picks their last two
and Team 1 finishes.

Tubby Rower
21-04-2006, 21:06
What's the landmass going to be like? Who's the teams?

Whomp
21-04-2006, 21:11
I think standard continents with 3-5 sealanes for early potential combat.
I don't know what's fair as far as teams. Wanna hang with me Tubs even if we get our heads kicked in?

Tubby Rower
21-04-2006, 23:12
sure... I've been needing a good kick in the head.

BCLG100
22-04-2006, 02:09
ill lurk if you post threads :)

Whomp
22-04-2006, 05:20
OK how about Killercane, Barbu and Wosret vs. Tubby, Rik and myself?
How about civs and how to choose? Serpentine? Have someone pick for us?

Tubby Rower
22-04-2006, 06:06
How about the person opposite of us from our list pick the civ. So that way your opponent will choose your civ and you have to deal with it. Has that ever been done?

barbu1977
22-04-2006, 16:49
I like tubs Idea, but I say that the 3 civs should have 6 different traits. That will make tribe picking fun.

Whomp
23-04-2006, 00:28
Ikes! That sounds like getting the land of misfit civs! Could be interesting. Rik any ideas who is making maps?

Mistfit
23-04-2006, 00:33
quote:Ikes! That sounds like getting the land of misfit civs!

Or you could just let me pick em and it will be te land of the Mistfit Civs... (much better option IMHO) [mistfit]

Wosret
23-04-2006, 03:56
About the game, Im very ansious for that^^

About the map, I trust in the capacity of the guys round here, this map will as good as all the others ive seen.

About the Civs, I liked the Tubbys Idea, both team choose their civs, if there is a match then we play a soccer game to decide [shag]

Barbu and Killer added on msn ^^ hope to find you soon for some chat [beer1]

Edit: PArtners, im opening a subforum im my Personal forum for his game, so we may begin the discuss there \o

killercane
23-04-2006, 04:54
Thanks for volunteering your forum. Im there.

Beorn
23-04-2006, 05:13
I guess I'm a few dozen hours late (!)
Do you have a roster?
I'll volunteer for sub, takeover or for a team size extension if applicable.

classical_hero
23-04-2006, 18:03
Is it possible to be 4 on 4 instead, if me and Beorn are added in?

Rik Meleet
23-04-2006, 18:44
I'm ok with 4x4

Whomp
23-04-2006, 20:47
I'm ok with a 4x4 as long as the game does not grind to a halt. If you can't get a save off then have one of your teammates play the save. We should have ample opportunity to move the save with 4 teams aside.

We have Barbu, Killercane and Wosret in similar timezones so it would make sense to have Classical on their team.
We'd have Tubby, Beorn and myself in similar timezones and Rik in Europe.

How does that sound?

Should we request a map and pick the civs?

Wosret
23-04-2006, 22:23
Fine to me \o/, and welcome to the team Classi!

Tubby Rower
23-04-2006, 23:12
I've posted a spoiler for Team Cow Tipping in my forum. Discussions of substance to commence eventually.

so who is picking who's civs? Is it going to be a group effort in deciding the civs or will it be a surprise?

BCLG100
23-04-2006, 23:24
if someone plays and then needs a break i might be able to play back up for them for awhile when i get civ3 back.

Whomp
24-04-2006, 05:20
OK here's what we present regarding civ choices...
Each team picks 4 civs for the other team. The caveat is all 8 civ traits must be represented. There's no problem with overlapping civs on each team so if team A choses the Iroquois :D for Team B and Team B choses Iroquois :D for Team A then both teams use the Iroquios.

What do you guys think about this proposal?
Are we ok with continents with 3-5 coastal sea lanes for map?
Level? Emperor?

Beorn
24-04-2006, 07:57
Sounds perfect, Whomp.

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 14:26
yes I'm fine with Whomp's posting

Rik Meleet
24-04-2006, 14:32
I accidently entered the 4x4 Spoiler of the other team. I didn't see anything though. Sorry about that.

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 15:21
I think that there is a 4-man PBEM that is called 4x4. should we rename ours? if so to what? if we use the Turn tracker then we'll have to come up with a unique name,

classical_hero
24-04-2006, 15:58
What if each team happens to choose the exact same civs?

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 16:01
then hilarity will ensue. You can have multiple identical civs in the same game. so if you guys pick the same four civs for us as the four civs that we pick for you, then we'll both have the same set of civs.

classical_hero
24-04-2006, 16:35
It will also mean that are thinking alike.

Whomp
24-04-2006, 17:05
The difficult part is solving the puzzle to get all 8 traits covered. Not too easy. I think the name should be "War of the Misfit civs 4x4".

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 17:10
off to change Team Cow Tippers spoiler thread's name

killercane
24-04-2006, 17:26
You'll rue the day you gave me Portugal, Cow Tippers...

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 17:28
I had better not get Iroquois in retaliation [lol]

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 21:16
Team Cow Tippers have the civ choices selected for our opponents. We'll post them here once our civs have been decided upon.

Tubby Rower
25-04-2006, 21:13
I've received a PM from killercane that their selection of the civs that the Cow Tippers will play have been decided upon.

So here is Team Cow Tippers selection of Team Pression's civs America, England, Aztecs, Babylon. All traits should be represented. If this isn't the case let us know and we'll let you have the Iroquois... just kidding :D

We've showed you ours... now it's your turn to show us yours [assw]

killercane
25-04-2006, 21:14
Portugal
Korea
Egypt
Aztecs

is the consensus after much debate. I assume we divide the civs up amongst ourselves? I'm somewhat glad we didnt come up with the same civs, this will be interesting.

We plan on getting some revenge on behalf of our Russian friends from the last game ;.

Tubby Rower
25-04-2006, 21:17
That was my assumption too killer. So now we'll decide on who is who within our own teams. It's intersting that only 1 civ is duplicated. Although we considered every one of your selections :D

Whomp
25-04-2006, 21:48
Owie chihuahua. Carracks here we come!

Last piece of business before launch assuming we get a mapmaker...what do you guys think about this..

Barbs: Roaming barbs
Level: Deity--there's no AI so it only impacts research rate, happiness and barbs.
Terrain: leave it up to the mapmaker
Victory: all
Anything else: SoZ deleted, SGL off.

killercane
25-04-2006, 21:52
All those settings sound fine to me, but I defer to my teammates' wishes.

barbu1977
25-04-2006, 23:45
Is there a ruleset about exploit/abuse not to use?

Whomp
25-04-2006, 23:50
1.Resource sharing. No player is permitted to share a single resource through the use of the Resource Sharing Exploit. Two players gifting and regifting a resource as well as cancelling it allow two teams to get use of the same resource that wouldn't be otherwise possible. A resource is to be used by one team per turn, no exceptions.

2. Invalid Map Trading. No player is permitted to barter, gift, or otherwise trade any sort of map, whether it be a screen shot, minimap, hand drawing, or any other 'picture' of the in-game map, mini-map, or embassy screenshot before the requisite tech is discovered. Verbal/text descriptions are allowed, but coordinates are not. A player creating screen shots, drawings, or other depictions of any part of the in-game map before the requisite tech has been discovered. Should we leave this out so teams can share info?

3. Reloading. No player is allowed to reload the game with the intent of altering the outcome of any event, combat, or other in-game result. Someone reloading the game when something happens that they don't like and wish to change. Playing the turn in a different order to alter the outcome of said happenings.

4. Save Manipulation. No player is permitted to use the PBEM savegames or other files to obtain information or alter any in-game element. This includes monitoring or altering memory while the game is loaded. Using MapStat is also prohibbited. Save should not be opened with any program other than C3C version 1.22.

5. Zoomed Loading. No player is permitted to have their settings set to have the game zoomed out when loading a PBEM savegame.

6. Misleading through Renaming.

7. Fortifying a boat/passenger. The sea vessel would enjoy increased visibility during the next turn. A player can move the vessels the full allotment of movement points then “wake” the passengers and give them then “Fortify all” command which fortifies the sea vessel as well. It is allowed to use the “Fortify All” command on a vessel or a stack of vessels that has movement points left before the command was issued.

8. Hitting F1/back-forward to change production. It is possible to use F1 to go into city views and change production or rush items before a city has been reached in the pre-turn production queue. This can result in tech-enabled units and Wonders being completed the very turn the tech is researched, or production to be changed in response to an enemy's actions (like Walls if a stack moves toward a specific city and not another).

9. Hitting F1/back-forward for double tile usage. It is possible to use F1 to go into city views and use the Forward/Back buttons to change the work force allocations before a city has been reached in the pre-turn production queue so that a tile can be used to used by 2 or more different cities in the same turn. This can result in the possibility of a bonus tile being “shared” by 2 or more cities.

10. Using GoTo/Auto-Explore/Auto-Workers to get extra movement.
The last team in the turn order can issue the “GoTo” command, and have a unit move twice before the next turn begins. This is very strong in war-time. Every Civ has that option, that's why it is stipulated that no one use go-to. Note: This does not provide an extra turn of movement, but rather advances the timing of that movement (ie. 2 moves in turn 1, and 0 moves in the final turn of the task). Similar results can be achieved with auto-explore and auto-workers.

11. Battle Log. For all combats, players must submit a log of what units attacked, retreated, died, won, etc. from each battle on that turn to the team they attacked. This includes the capture of units and cities.

12. Free Palace Jump. Jumping the palace by disbanding the capital. Rushing a palace with MGL or building it brick by brick is OK.

13. Throwaway Cities. It is possible to go everywhere by settling, moving a setter one tile further in, abandoning the old city, founding a new one, etc...etc... A city shouldn't be abandoned in the same turn as it is settled.

14. Negative cash research. The penalty of negative cash is only one unit. So there are cases where this can be worthwile. Science spending must be lowered when the cash would go below zero.

barbu1977
25-04-2006, 23:57
I'm not sure about the maptrading thing. It just complicates thing in a locked aliance. (plus, we can not read our teamates spoilers!

Whomp
26-04-2006, 00:12
Let's leave #2 out. It seems silly to me.

Tubby Rower
26-04-2006, 03:45
# 6 should be intentional... just if you rename a unit ALWAYS clear out the old name and make something not related to the original name so that when it gets upgraded you won't run into problems. I always look at the stats anyway since I can't seem to rememeber what the stats are anyway.

Tubby Rower
26-04-2006, 03:47
Also what about no city trading between civs. Is this ok?

barbu1977
26-04-2006, 04:36
Trading cities will be the larger issue exploitable, on the other hand, it gives many strategy options. I'm not sure we should disalow it.

Also, we are OK with ship chaining?

Wosret
26-04-2006, 06:32
Yé! poor russian... arent you shame bout what you did? [:p] hehehe
now well give you your pay back hehhehehehe

Darkness
26-04-2006, 10:24
Hi guys,

Whomp PMed me, saying you need a mapmaker...

Looks like I'll be dusting off that old C3C CD. :D

Since this thread is pretty long and cluttered, can one of you please give me a summary of what you want?
Like which civ goes with which player and map size, etc.
I already noticed this part:
Barbs: Roaming barbs
Level: Deity--there's no AI so it only impacts research rate, happiness and barbs.
Terrain: leave it up to the mapmaker

Also, since this is going to be a team game, do you want the team members to start close together? All members of the same team on one continent? A pangaea with the teams on opposite sides of the continent? That part's a bit vague so far...

Rik Meleet
26-04-2006, 10:31
1. a bit obsolete. You can't cancel a resource unless you declare war or pillage the tile. With a good enough map this shouldn't even happen.

2. Share everything, even maps. What's the point of 4x4 if you can't even share maps

3. 4. 5. agreed.

6. In this setup you don't want to mislead your allies and you don't trade with your enemies. The only validity in this setup is units. Don't mislead through renaming (though renaming should be allowed).

7. 8. 9. agreed.

10. Double movement, besides being bad play, can cause trouble. Let's agree to not do it.

11. An ISDG trouble-point. I think CDZ is clear: Anything that happens in-game between you selecting a unit to do combat and the moment your next unit is activated needs to be reported. We can do that in the open thread as teams will surely let their teammates see the battle-log.

12. 13. Let's remove it. If you want to play like this, be my guest. Not very powerful in multiplayer especially this setup.

14. agreed.

A point of mine: Civ Assist II. Shall we allow ourselves to use it ?

Rik Meleet
26-04-2006, 10:36
Thanks Darkness. :)

Not all details are filled in yet. Is it ok if we let you know when everything is known?

Tubby Rower
26-04-2006, 13:24
I don't see anything wrong with CivAssist2. It is the same in game info but it makes things easier to find. I personally don't use it while playing the turns since it has never alerted me when I wanted it to. So I use it mainly as a scenario tool (ie: dot-map making) and to look at the save instead of opening up C3C. I've also found out that you can open up the save when it's not your turn to play so that you can see what other civs have done on their turn

Thanks Darkness. We have just decided on the civs (see killercane's and my posts at the bottom of page 1). We haven't decided who on what team will get those civs yet.

classical_hero
26-04-2006, 13:24
I think we should have two continents and each team is on the same continent.

Tubby Rower
26-04-2006, 13:33
or two continents and two of each team is on each continent.... oooh that would be fun.

classical_hero
26-04-2006, 14:50
Or sadistic.

Whomp
26-04-2006, 19:16
Maybe we could leave it to Darkness' devious mind.
Either 4 continents with 2 partners on each or 2 continents with all 4 teams on each?

I'm fine with all of Rik's suggestions.

Wosret
27-04-2006, 02:58
Nice with Riks sugestions as well.
About the city exchance its fine to me too, personaly sure.
About the map i let it for Darness ^^

Killer and I just chat, and the distribution of our civs we get is:

Killer=England
Barbu=Aztecs
CH=Babs
Moi=Americans ;)

Well, ive just thought about the map, once we decided to make the teams with civs of diferent traits, the 4x4 will make more sense, but if it will be a 2x2 in 2 continents the civs in each continent must be clearly thinked for no injustices.

Just a thought ^^

Tubby Rower
27-04-2006, 03:01
I was mainly joking about the 2 of each civ on each continent.. each team rules a continent might be the best scenario

Beorn
27-04-2006, 05:11
4 together would be more standard, fast and, ultimately, brutal IMHO. So that's my .02.

Tubby Rower
27-04-2006, 13:53
The Cow Tippers preliminarily look like this.

Rik = Korea
Whomper = Egypt
Beorn = Aztecs
Tubs = Porto

Rik Meleet
27-04-2006, 14:20
And Civ Assist II. Allow it or forbid it ?

Tubby Rower
27-04-2006, 14:28
@ Rik, I'm indifferent on the matter. but it would be nice to have 6 other posts behind mine stating feelings on the matter.

Darkness
27-04-2006, 15:02
OK, so far I've got this:
Barbs: Roaming
Level: Deity
Terrain: Continents with both teams having a continent for themselves

Civs
Team Cow Tippers:
Rik Meleet: Korea
Whomp: Egypt
Beorn: Aztecs
Tubby rower: Portugal

Team 2:
Killercane: England
Barbu: Aztecs
Classical hero: Babylon
Wosret: Americans

4 questions remaining:
- Mapsize: standard, I presume?
- About the map: do you want me to make the map so that there is no safe crossing before astronomy/navigation? Or do you want the possiblity for some early action (safe sea lanes)
- Perhaps you could all specify the timezone you're in, so that I can try to make a play-order which would give the best chance of a decent turn speed?
- Just my opinion, but the Cow Tippers have better civs than team 2. You might want to reconsider?

Last note: I saw Aztecs in the civ-list twice. I haven't made a map so far with one tribe in the game twice, so I'm going to have to figure that one out. It might take a bit longer...

Anything else worth noting?

classical_hero
27-04-2006, 15:36
If we were to have two from each team facing each other on the continents, it would be good to see Aztecs verses Aztecs. ;)

Whomp
27-04-2006, 17:12
Here are the timezones (I think)
I'm GMT -5. Tubby and Beorn are GMT -4 and Rik is GMT +1.
Team 2: Killercane and Barbu are GMT -4, Wosret GMT -3 and I think Classical is GMT +10

Map size: standard.
I think having a few random sea lanes for early battles makes a lot of sense.
Rik made maps with more than two of the same civs in our 2x2x2x2 game. Maybe he could help you get that straight.

Darkness
27-04-2006, 17:20
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Team 2: Killercane and Barbu are GMT -4, Wosret GMT -3 and I think Classical is GMT +10

Map size: standard.
I think having a few random sea lanes for early battles makes a lot of sense.
Rik made maps with more than two of the same civs in our 2x2x2x2 game. Maybe he could help you get that straight.

Thanks.
I know Beam also put the Iroquois in twice in my game against Killer, so if I can't figure it out I'll ask one of them. :)

OK, that only leaves my last question. Are you all still set on the civ choices?

BTW: It is Queens Day in the Netherlands this weekend, so I'm not making any promises on when the map will be done... [beer1][beer1]

Rik Meleet
27-04-2006, 22:24
Darkness: Team A chose the civs for team B and vice versa. Absolutely no changes in that. What is also important is the order of play. Either all 4 of the same team in a row (easier for when someone goes on holiday, drops out) -or- Player A1 - B1 - A2 - B2 - A3 etc.

I propose: A1 - A2- A3 - A4 - B1 - B2 - B3 - B4

Darkness
27-04-2006, 22:48
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Darkness: Team A chose the civs for team B and vice versa. Absolutely no changes in that.

OK :)

What is also important is the order of play. Either all 4 of the same team in a row (easier for when someone goes on holiday, drops out) -or- Player A1 - B1 - A2 - B2 - A3 etc.

I propose: A1 - A2- A3 - A4 - B1 - B2 - B3 - B4

You all should decide what you want in that regard. I'll follow your wishes and just assign the players (according to timezone (in a, probably fruitless, attempt to streamline play) and the A/B sequence you wish).

barbu1977
27-04-2006, 22:56
I garee with Rik about the A1 - A2- A3 - A4 - B1 - B2 - B3 - B4 sequence

I see the sequence: Clasical - Worset - Kiler or Barbu - Tubby or Beorn - Whomp - Rick

Does that make sense or should we split the north american since it's going to be hard to get them all to play on the same day?

Darkness
28-04-2006, 10:05
There are six players on the american continent (only Rik is in Europe and Classsical's in Oz). I sincerely doubt you can get all of them to consistently play on one night...

Tubby Rower
28-04-2006, 13:55
maybe Worset - Classical - Killer - Barbu - Beorn - Rik - Whomp - Tubby

That way there is three people between the non-western hemispherians.

barbu1977
28-04-2006, 14:02
If it helps, I'm normaly able to play a save in the morning.

classical_hero
29-04-2006, 05:55
The thing is that I normally play at night when I play.

Tubby Rower
29-04-2006, 15:44
but classic... your night is our morning

classical_hero
29-04-2006, 19:29
I do know that. Sometime I play while most of you would still be asleep.

Wosret
05-05-2006, 01:15
Is everything alright?

Rik Meleet
05-05-2006, 19:39
Have we got all the info for Darkness to make the map ? I think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Darkness
06-05-2006, 13:20
The map is almost finished. I still need to tweak some resources, and I still got to figure out how to get the Aztecs in the game twice, but it should be done this weekend.

Can you all PM me your passwords?

Rik Meleet
06-05-2006, 13:25
Darkness: I can help you with getting 2 Aztecs in 1 game. Catch me on MSN for that (this afternoon and early evening I'll be away).

Darkness
06-05-2006, 13:37
OK. Will do that.

BTW: Do you want indvidual or coalition victory for the locked alliances?

Beorn
06-05-2006, 17:52
Just a thought: could you rig the incas so that their traits would be MIL rather than EXP, and tweak their UU accordingly? I'm not 100% sure the trait change would stand alone on a map (without a mod attached with it), but I'd sure try it.

Darkness
06-05-2006, 18:08
quote:Originally posted by Beorn

Just a thought: could you rig the incas so that their traits would be MIL rather than EXP, and tweak their UU accordingly? I'm not 100% sure the trait change would stand alone on a map (without a mod attached with it), but I'd sure try it.

It's already fixed, but thanks anyway... :)

I talked to Rik no MSN earlier this afternoon and he explained to me how to fix it.

Tubby Rower
06-05-2006, 18:28
Tubby's password sent :)

EDIT: can I go towards the bottom since I might not be available if it starts within 1-5 days.

Darkness
06-05-2006, 18:50
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Tubby's password sent :)

EDIT: can I go towards the bottom since I might not be available if it starts within 1-5 days.

You're already the last player in the play-order... ;)

classical_hero
06-05-2006, 20:14
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Team 2: Killercane and Barbu are GMT -4, Wosret GMT -3 and I think Classical is GMT +10I'm actually +8. +10 is the east coast. You must be thinking of Irongold.

EDIT. Sent my password.

Darkness
07-05-2006, 14:11
The map is finished... :)

I still need passwords from Wosret, Killercane and Beorn to start the game.

Wosret
07-05-2006, 20:10
Pass sent lol

Beorn
08-05-2006, 08:48
Password sent

Darkness
08-05-2006, 10:02
I got all the passwords. I'll try to start the game tonight... :)

Darkness
08-05-2006, 23:07
Here it is...

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif 4vs4 locked alliances, 3950 BC.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/20065822435_4vs4 locked alliances, 3950 BC.zip)
63.68KB

Wosret is up first

Play order:
1. Wosret (America)
2. Classical Hero (Babylon)
3. Killercane (England)
4. Barbu1977 (Aztecs)
5. Beorn (Mexico (=Aztecs))
6. Rik Meleet (Korea)
7. Whomp (Egypt)
8. Tubby Rower (Portugal)

Have fun! :)

barbu1977
08-05-2006, 23:30
Les Aztecs parleront Québecois ;)

Il nous reste juste à écouter des vielles épisodes des Mystérieurs Cités d'Or

Whomp
08-05-2006, 23:37
Thanks Darkness!

Beorn
09-05-2006, 00:13
Estéban Zia, Tao les cités d'OOOOOOO - ooooooorrrr !!!

HF playing everyone, I sure will :)

Rik Meleet
09-05-2006, 00:21
Toppertje, jochie !! :D

Rik Meleet
09-05-2006, 00:22
I'll ask Matrix to put this in the turntracker.

My email = RikCiv (-A.T-) Gmail (-D.O.T.-) COM

killercane
09-05-2006, 01:15
Thank you for the map Darkness.

Beorn
09-05-2006, 04:16
Was about to PM you to ask it, Rik; mine's bolducf AT gmail DOT com, though barbu knows it.

Wosret
09-05-2006, 04:30
but wtf are you talking about?

And how must is send it to CHero?

ãããã... sorry but, it isnt right to have no moviments in 1st rgith? thats whats happening.

Whomp
09-05-2006, 04:54
my email is bawhompATyahooDOTcom

barbu1977
09-05-2006, 05:58
Mine is the same as always: mcks01AThothing.com (hotmail)

Darkness
09-05-2006, 09:53
quote:Originally posted by Wosret

ãããã... sorry but, it isnt right to have no moviments in 1st rgith? thats whats happening.

[???]
What are you talking about?

All Civs skipped their first turn (4000BC), because I need to set the passwords and check civ placement. You should all be able to start play at 3950 BC, which is the turn I uploaded.

killercane
09-05-2006, 13:32
cjh2bTAyahoo.com

classical_hero
09-05-2006, 16:54
classical_hero7 at hotmail dot com

Darkness
09-05-2006, 20:09
Guys, Wosret is right: the save is not correct. I'll try to fix it tonight... Sorry :(

Rik Meleet
09-05-2006, 20:26
Do I need to withdraw my "toppertje jochie" ?

Darkness
09-05-2006, 22:03

Do I need to withdraw my "toppertje jochie" ?

Yeah, you should... :(

I fixed the problem that Wosret pointed out.
Considering I hadn't made a map in about a year, I followed Sky's mapmaking walkthrough for C3C. Unfortunately he also says to check the "skip 1st turn" box. However, this feature doesn't work, and as a result all first turns after saving the game are also skipped.... [blush2]

After I fixed this I encountered a new problem (or one I missed yesterday).
The game sets the difficulty at "regent"
BUT, not for all features of the game. Only for tech costs. The second citizen is still born unhappy, so that is consistent with the "deity level" that I set in the "scenario properties - Player" tab for all 8 players.

I haven't got a clue how to fix this. I already set the "default difficulty level" in the "Edit rules - general settings" tab to Deity, but that doesn't help either...
Any ideas/help?

grahamiam
09-05-2006, 22:20
before you initially load the scenario from the pbem screen, pick the difficulty level. you'll see this mentioned by Sky in that thread.

Darkness
09-05-2006, 23:06
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

before you initially load the scenario from the pbem screen, pick the difficulty level. you'll see this mentioned by Sky in that thread.

You do realize that I feel really stupid now, don't you??? [blush2] ;)

Darkness
09-05-2006, 23:16
Sorry 'bout the n00b mistakes...

Movement thingy fixed
Difficulty level fixed (Thanks grahamiam! :))

Ready for another try:

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif LockedA, 3950 BC.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/200659221514_LockedA, 3950 BC.zip)
63.79*KB

Same play-order as before. Wosret is up first

Wosret
10-05-2006, 00:49
pas to CHero

Now it seems perfect Darkness [goodjob]

Rik Meleet
10-05-2006, 01:33
Now, if we get Wosret's and Tubby's email addresses; we can use the Turntracker ( http://www.straland.com/turntracker/ ) to send the saves to the correct player.

Wosret
10-05-2006, 07:10
hmm but our game isnt there yet is this?

Rik Meleet
10-05-2006, 12:45

It cannot be there as long as not all emailadresses are known :D

grahamiam
10-05-2006, 15:34
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

You do realize that I feel really stupid now, don't you??? [blush2] ;)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I usually miss this the 1st time I playtest a new map :)

classical_hero
10-05-2006, 15:38
Here is wosret's email, since I recieved the save from him. batistista at gmail dot com

Beorn
10-05-2006, 21:37
Emails in play order, for whoever wants to set up the turntracker

Wosret: batistista at gmail dot com
CH: classical_hero7 at hotmail dot com
killercane: cjh2b TA yahoo . com
Barbu: mcks01 AT hothing . com (hotmail)
Beorn: bolducf AT gmail DOT com
Rik: RikCiv (-A.T-) Gmail (-D.O.T.-) COM
Whomp: bawhomp AT yahoo DOT com
Tubby: casey.venters AT hotmail DOT com

Tub's email in his profile is casey.venters AT hotmail DOT com - if anyone knows wether he uses this or another one in PBEM's, make yourself heard

Wosret
10-05-2006, 23:23

It cannot be there as long as not all emailadresses are known :D
Ha! [blush] heheh i didnt even saw my email adress was lakc hehehe, i suposed it was to be sent to my email in my perfil heheheheeh ^^

Rik Meleet
11-05-2006, 01:44
Matrix told me it is ready

http://www.straland.com/turntracker/eight.php

Does anyone NOT know how it works ?

Wosret
11-05-2006, 23:46
did the game alread stop? -.-

Rik Meleet
12-05-2006, 00:10
No. In fact; it seems it hasn't started yet since there are no entries in the turntracker.
Where is the save ?

barbu1977
12-05-2006, 00:13
According to our team thread, it's somewhere between Classical and KillerCane

killercane
12-05-2006, 02:27
Classical posted a picture of his start but I havent received it from him. I posted in the thread yesterday and pmed him about 8 hours ago today so we are still waiting.

Beorn
12-05-2006, 06:38
I must admit not knowing how it works; I guess I select game Eight, name Beorn, upload the save (saved using end-turn-enter) and submit. Sounds complicated enough ;)
Question now: is there any way to retreive files from that? I'd guess so but, again, am noobed out by this.

Rik Meleet
12-05-2006, 10:33
Beorn: correct, that's the way to do it. Don't forget to select the correct turn.
No, there is no way to obtain saves from it, other than via the email it is send to.

Beorn
12-05-2006, 19:27
Then what's the point of uploading the files? Just curious. And thanks.

barbu1977
12-05-2006, 20:17
It just sends the E-mail trought the interface. The real point is that players are alloew to see who has the last save and since when. It also allows to know if the E-mail screwed up and you did not get a save you are supposed to have.

classical_hero
13-05-2006, 07:47
I thought I had already sent it to him. I have now sent it via the turntracker.

killercane
14-05-2006, 00:47
Game on.

Beorn
14-05-2006, 11:26
Works 100%, turn played and stuff. Have fun everyone :)

Wosret
15-05-2006, 08:51
sent to Classical

Wosret
30-05-2006, 23:52
Ps.: ive corrected the naming og the sav this turn ^^

classical_hero
01-06-2006, 11:22
We are actually on turn six, because PP had to play turn one, so ther was no need to do that and also it really confused me since I have already played and sent on the save.

Beorn
01-06-2006, 12:39
I think we need to stick with the dates for referential [lol]

Beorn
04-06-2006, 17:52
just a [bump], I was wondering where was the save - someone must have played with the turn tracker, it makes very little sense.

barbu1977
04-06-2006, 18:51
I'll send it again to make I don't know if you actualy got it.

Beorn
10-06-2006, 23:44
Just a heads up to Classical, I forgot to change my name the first time I submitted turn 7, so you'll get a wrong save to be deleted. Sorry for that. I think that's also why it stalled for a few days last round, my bad [blush]

classical_hero
11-06-2006, 09:51
That is the price of being the second person. I have done it to Whomp in the two vs two PBEm. I think I did the exact same thing you just did. You first forgot to change the name and then on the second try you forgot to change the date of the save and then you got it right at the third attempt. No problems about that. I know I will get a few more extra saves as a result of being the second place person.

Shouldn't this be in the open thread games forum?

Wosret
26-06-2006, 02:45
Ill play for my partnes while theyre away

Wosret
01-07-2006, 16:48
come on guys, it can work better.

Beorn
05-07-2006, 04:48
While I'm away, you should forward your barbu's save to "rikciv at gmail dot com" as well, since I'm the first player of my team.

Rik Meleet
05-07-2006, 14:25
Or use Beorn's name in the turntracker :)
His save will be send to me; I'll play his and my save and pass it on using the turntracker.

Beorn
11-07-2006, 06:00
Back in business, sorry for the inconveniences.

Beorn
16-08-2006, 17:23

While I'm away, you should forward your barbu's save to "rikciv at gmail dot com" as well, since I'm the first player of my team.
Effective again for, an indeterminate time - I'd estimate a week but you never know. Thanks!

Wosret
17-08-2006, 16:38
hi guys, recently ive received a sav named 4x4_18f, but its isnt for me, i think this should had gone to whomp, can you see this?

Tubby Rower
17-08-2006, 16:55
hmm. maybe I selected the wrong save file... I'll check again.

Tubby Rower
17-08-2006, 16:57
I don't have it here at work, I'll have to check when I get home. Sorry. I hope that I haven't overwritten it.

Tubby Rower
17-08-2006, 22:43
The latest save that I have is 17h. I have no 18f save. According to the turn tracker, I was the person to send it. Let me know if you need it re-sent

Beorn
25-08-2006, 06:44
What is the civ on that save? I guess the last save we have that we can backtrack is the one I sent to rik, maybe he misclicked tubs' name ...
I'll re-send mine at any rate

Rik Meleet
25-08-2006, 12:25
it's mine ??
I'll check when I get home.

barbu1977
25-08-2006, 14:00
Do yo also have madness?

Rik Meleet
26-08-2006, 00:01
I send 3x3 (or 4x4) out the 16th of Aug. Resending it again now.

Wosret
27-08-2006, 19:44
now its worked.. sent.

Rik Meleet
30-08-2006, 20:23
Question:

City-gifting - should that be allowed or not ?
I think it should be allowed but before we are in such a situation I'd like to ask the other team's opinion.

killercane
31-08-2006, 18:56
At first I thought city gifting should be a no, but that would add a new dynamic to the game I think. So I vote yes.

barbu1977
31-08-2006, 20:52
I also think it should be allowed.

My only concern is that if we allow city gift, Leo could be game breaking.

Rik Meleet
31-08-2006, 20:55
Very good point Barbu. Same goes for ToA, We don't want that scenario.
Then I change it to: Let's allow city-gifting for cities that have no "Big Wonders", "Small Wonders" and "Palace".

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 21:12
I agree with the amended version in Rik's post. I would be happy also with ... "No buildings at all in gifted cities" As someone could build a barracks/ harbor / etc. in a city close to their core and then gift it to another civ clear across the map.

Beorn
01-09-2006, 16:07
No wonders / sell everything then gift sounds good to me, it discards any problems regarding improvements.

Wosret
11-09-2006, 15:30
Seems fine to me.

Tubby Rower
11-09-2006, 23:28
According to the turntracker, Whomp sent it to me, but I have never received it.. please resend turn 20

Whomp
11-09-2006, 23:52
OK will do.

Rik Meleet
13-09-2006, 10:57
Apology to the other team.
I mistook your team thread for the open thread and I looked at it. I did see a little of your land; but not your location on the worldmap, nor any details on the map. Only the general shape of your land (the same info one can get by sailing a boat around your coast).
To prevent this in future - what can be done ?
Perhaps you can deny access to me to that thread so I can't do it again accidently.

Tubby Rower
13-09-2006, 13:47
I've wondered that too.. I guess I should try to deny access to our team thread since it is in my forum

barbu1977
13-09-2006, 15:21
To my knowledge, we never limit the access of any thread here.

I think accidents happen and when that happens, the information is usualy so old that it cannot be used anyways.

Tubby Rower
13-09-2006, 15:54
I did try to limit access to that one thread but I couldn't. If we could limit access that would prevent accidentally clicking. But at the rate that most people update spoilers... the info gained is completely useless.

Wosret
14-09-2006, 00:27
We dont need to limit any acces here once were all serious people... ok ok lockem out!!! XD joke joke [:P] hehehehehe...

as said accidents happens and friends are friends... despite not serious but stills friends :D

classical_hero
16-09-2006, 11:11
Well it really does not help you that much, since there really was not much to see.

To make sure this does not happen, we need to know exactly where the team threads are so that each team stays clear of the oppenents one.

Rik Meleet
16-09-2006, 13:11
quote:Originally posted by Classical_Hero

Well it really does not help you that much, since there really was not much to see.

To make sure this does not happen, we need to know exactly where the team threads are so that each team stays clear of the oppenents one.
I'm afraid that plays no part for me. I don't look where a thread is; I look at the "active topics" thread and navigate from there.

killercane
18-09-2006, 03:39
Classical did you send me the correct save? It says 20b and I thought we were on 21. I played and sent on but if anyone knows what the correct one is then we need to go back and get back on track.

Whomp
18-09-2006, 16:34
IIRC Tubby follows me would he have it?

Tubby Rower
18-09-2006, 16:47
I can check tonight, but Worset could check the save that I sent as well.

barbu1977
18-09-2006, 18:57
According to the turntacker, I should have it! But there's nothing in my inbox.

Tubby Rower
18-09-2006, 19:09
that happened to me too. Whomp just had to re-send

killercane
18-09-2006, 21:47
21c (which I think is actually 20c, but could just be imagining things) sent again. I seem to remember moving my worker in a certain manner, and I replaced a save file when I opened the email.

classical_hero
20-09-2006, 15:37
It appears that I did not recieve the save from Wosret. Could you please resend it and hopefully this will get the game back going. BTW, could someone please put this in the Open thread forum?

Wosret
24-09-2006, 11:11
I received the turn 20 named 21, i didnt played it again, just send the 1st sav i had.

killercane
25-09-2006, 07:02
We should be back on track now. That was the next turn. We are now on turn 21 for real.

Whomp
25-09-2006, 16:44
I moved the save from Rik.

Tubby Rower
25-09-2006, 16:51
I moved the save from Whomp Saturday afternoon I believe

Rik Meleet
30-09-2006, 04:13
I received Beorn's save

Beorn
01-10-2006, 02:05
Fixed, good to go

Wosret
04-10-2006, 19:28
any news?

Tubby Rower
04-10-2006, 19:30
Rik should have it and he has stated that he might be delayed

Rik Meleet
04-10-2006, 23:31
I received Beorn's save and immediately emailed him for my save. I didn't get it yet and frankly I forgot about it. I am buried in other tasks these days.
Also: no time to do madness ATM.

Beorn
05-10-2006, 00:09
I'll take it Rik, see team thread

Wosret
17-10-2006, 05:59
sorry for the delay.. i didnt noticed that CH asked for i to play for him... it seems ill play for him for a while once he didnt epecified for how long...

classical_hero
17-10-2006, 16:51
I said for you to send me the save via a different email address since the hotmail one is shit.

Beorn
18-10-2006, 00:38
Can it be changed right into the turn tracker system? I don't have access to it so I wouldn't know, but I'd bet Rik knows better...

Rik Meleet
18-10-2006, 01:26

Can it be changed right into the turn tracker system? I don't have access to it so I wouldn't know, but I'd bet Rik knows better...
PM Matrix. The TT is on his website.

classical_hero
18-10-2006, 13:19
I have done that, so it is up to him to change it. PLus it is a service that he is willing allowing us t use, so we are grateful for him for that.

Wosret
25-10-2006, 15:21
whats going on guys? is there someone here that dont want to play anymore? just say and let the others have some fun.

Tubby Rower
25-10-2006, 15:50
accroding to the turn tracker... it's still in the hands of killercane. maybe you guys should PM him or classical could forward it to whoever replaces him

Beorn
28-10-2006, 03:04
Woohoo !!! it's a-going again :D

barbu1977
28-10-2006, 07:58
and still moving

killercane
28-10-2006, 19:31
Sorry for the delay, prod me next time with a pm!

Beorn
28-10-2006, 19:41
Well well we're on a record 5 turns within 24h so far ;)

Wosret
13-11-2006, 23:57
pas to Classical

killercane
03-01-2007, 22:04
Whats going on with this one?

Tubby Rower
03-01-2007, 23:21
according to the Turn tracker it's in Worset's hands

killercane
06-01-2007, 18:25
Looking at his profile, Wosret hasnt been on in a month. Can you send the save to me or Classical to play it?

barbu1977
07-01-2007, 00:12
Yes, it might be a good idea to skip wosret until he comes back

classical_hero
07-01-2007, 14:01
Considering that we know his password, I can play the save for him in the mean time.

Tubby Rower
07-01-2007, 21:34
I'll send it to CH then

Wosret
25-01-2007, 16:41
Guys, despite im not using to show around i always play, in the time.
i played 7th january as 20th, and i wont hold the save anyway.

And this game must work, we still have a nail on the whell... keep playing man...

killercane
25-01-2007, 18:07
'Twould be in Classical's hands. If he cant play today you can send it on to me to play his; lets keep this moving along (says one previous holder upper of this game).

Wosret
26-01-2007, 00:45
as asked.

killercane
21-02-2007, 15:39
Could you send Wosret's save to Classical (if he writes in here) or me? cjh2b@yahoo.com

Tubby Rower
21-02-2007, 16:18
which? the save that I send to Worset or Worset's completed turn?

killercane
21-02-2007, 17:55
The save to Wosret.

Tubby Rower
21-02-2007, 19:12
according to the Turn tracker these are the two latest saves sent

16-02-2007 19:37:40 - Wosret - 2390 BC (035) <-- to classical hero
14-02-2007 14:43:29 - Tubby Rower - 2430 BC (034) <-- to Worset

I'm not sure what is being requested [confused]

killercane
21-02-2007, 20:09
;) Hmm well Wosret posted on the 16th he would be away, I didnt check turntracker. I guess we wait for Classical...

Wosret
10-03-2007, 00:45
is whomp on touch? there are some time i dont see him.

Whomp
10-03-2007, 06:07
I'm here Rodrigo. :)

Wosret
14-03-2007, 02:22
[cheerl][charge]its walking, its walkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyá [drunks1][cheerl]

classical_hero
22-03-2007, 09:42
Where is this? I am not holding this one up, so that is bit of a surprise

Tubby Rower
22-03-2007, 12:26
it looks to me like Worset has been holding the save for 21 days and counting. come on guys... if you don't want to play, lets call this game dead or find a replacement

Tubby Rower
22-03-2007, 12:31
http://www.straland.com/turntracker/eight.php suggests that Whomp has it

killercane
22-03-2007, 15:53
So does Wosret have it or Whomp? If Wosret has not played I can play his turn. Maybe we can start using this thread as Turntracker as well, might speed things up.

Tubby Rower
22-03-2007, 17:14
I posted the first one when the server was getting the shabba protocol. Anyhoo the eight.php is for this game. I orginially was looking at another game on the turn tracker.

So Whomp has it (or should have it). That cow pirate needs to get on it

Wosret
22-03-2007, 23:47
actually i haven't only played but posted in our private forum as well.

should it be good to resend the sav?

Ps.: Im up for this game, to the end \o

Whomp
24-03-2007, 00:18
Ah shit it's sent now.
I'm sorry guys. I've been sitting on this for weeks. Age...

Wosret
28-03-2007, 18:59
np whomp ^^

We could agree in "how long should we wait for one till another one play for him?"

We know that always have problems and sometimes its hard to comunicate... so if we agree on a time limit the group becomes in charge to play that save till the player contact everyone again.

We have a lot of possibilities, i personaly would prefer a tiny time just like 2 days first time, 1 day for reincidence.
What do you guys think about this?

Tubby Rower
28-03-2007, 19:18
sounds good to me. Maybe we could get two "team" emails and then all 4 team members monitor that address?

killercane
28-03-2007, 20:05
Sounds good to me. I still havent seen the save, and Wosret said he was playing Classical's saves from now on. Wosret?

Wosret
30-03-2007, 01:20
I'hve just waited this days to see if classical were up, once he posted march 22th ... so ill just stop playng for him when he asks for, i hope there is no problem for this.

Tubby idea sounds great, we should have only one email account to each team, then about 2 day of time to play for each player... if the play dont play or say nothing in 1 day the team play in the another day following...

What we must do to concretize this tag?

Ps.: just played the turn.

classical_hero
31-03-2007, 16:06
I tried to play the latest save and I couldn't because there was something wrong with it.

Beorn
18-04-2007, 05:38
I'll be gone for about a month and a half starting next week, so barbu, if you wouldn't mind using my name on the turntracker so that Rik has my saves, it would be great and this could keep rolling along well ...

barbu1977
18-04-2007, 05:50
cool

Beorn
18-04-2007, 17:10
Merci :)

barbu1977
19-04-2007, 05:56
Not knowing when you'll go, I'll send it to both of you untill later.

Beorn
19-04-2007, 15:11
Perfect, I'm not 100% sure of when I'm going either. It'll depend on the weather - there'll be rain on the way, but I might as well start on a sunny morning.

classical_hero
20-05-2007, 17:03
I am having some problem with the save, so I am going to get Darkness to look into the issue to see if he can see anything wrong.

Wosret
22-05-2007, 18:01
I had a turn named 42b here, i thought it could be the classical turns and sent it immediatly, but i forgot to check it, i just realized it at the present moment, i ask excuse from now if the sav is incorrect. if im wrong in think im wrong :P so just lets go on :P :P

barbu1977
23-05-2007, 21:25
Then who has the lattest save?

Am I suposed to replay from 42b?

Beorn
23-05-2007, 21:37
Did you check the in-game dates to see if it was just a mislabeling?

barbu1977
23-05-2007, 22:38

Did you check the in-game dates to see if it was just a mislabeling?

Checked, it was realy 42B

killercane
23-05-2007, 23:57
I thought I had played that one! You know we could make this game like a demogame where 1 player plays all 4 turns and executes the orders of the team, and we can vary turnplayers. We could do a turn a day if we started that.

Wosret
28-05-2007, 20:43
about the demogame it seems fine, one could play it for 20 turns than a turn player change happens.. maybe

ive resend the sav, correctly now, sorry for the misunderstanding [bosd]

killercane
01-06-2007, 02:44
Wosret is going to be away, and Classical cant play so if you can send Wos's save to me that would be best.

Beorn
11-06-2007, 09:42
Back in action

Wosret
13-07-2007, 16:55
is the game stopped???

i dont have internet in home yet, im back to my homeland now, after the conclusion of my graduation, so im trying to settle up every thing around again.

Hope this game goes on guys.

Whomp
13-07-2007, 21:28
I have not seen a save in months. Where's the turntracker right now?

barbu1977
13-07-2007, 22:01
According to the turntacker, Wosret, you should have the save (sent to you june 2nd).

Do you have it?, if not tubby could resend.

BTW, could we transfer this to some kind of demo game to speed things up?.