PDA

View Full Version : New player

tofra
17-04-2006, 17:55
Hi,

I've just sold a player, and now I've 200k on the bank. Since i'm training Forward, and always play 3-4-3, I think it's smart to buy an new extra innermidfield player. Do you guys think the same way?
I'm in the 10th division and I need to promote next season (this season I lost it on a game against nr 6 [}:)])
So what should be the minimal skills of the player I should buy? Should I consider only playmaking (the main skill) or also the passing skill?

Thanks for the help!

BCLG100
17-04-2006, 18:08
when i was searching for playmakers mistfit told me to watch out for the passing skill as well, so you should get someone who is decnet at it.

tofra
17-04-2006, 18:35
Maybe another idea.. Instead of buying a midfielder and keep training forwards, could I buy some you midfielders and switch training to playmaking?? My forwards are all solid.
And for the future, change training to defender after buying some young defenders...

Is this a profitable way? Or is it faster to buy better players instead of buying young players and train them.

Mistfit
17-04-2006, 19:13
I'd say if you have started a training program with forwards.. stick with it. PM training is really quite expensive to start with as you can train 6 players fully and another 4 at half rate.

If looking for IM's look for beer leaguers. Older experianced guys.

tofra
17-04-2006, 19:31
Even 30+ guys? Is the experience so importend?

Dell19
17-04-2006, 19:53
Experience is generally useful although apparently the gap between disastrous and wretched is greater than the gap between solid and excellent. I tend to avoid players that are over 30 unless its a temporary purchase although plenty of people do buy them.

Solid scoring is not a good level to sell players at. You should really be looking to wait until they are at least formidable.

Shabbaman
17-04-2006, 19:59
We're talking 10th division here, Dell...

I think you should spend all the money on a better trainee. Selling forwards at solid is not a good plan, like dell points out. You can make a lot more money if you train solid scorers to formidable (or up). What you should do is buy a 17 y.o. solid or 18 y.o. excellent scorer. Never mind next season, once you have a solid training program you might promote twice in a row.

Another thing, I've played 3-4-3 all season and won all my matches. I've come to think that a solid defense is the key with 3-4-3, since you'll lose midfield to midfield trainers all the time. Perhaps a good keeper is the best purchase.