PDA

View Full Version : Matches round 13

Kemal
03-04-2006, 13:45
[yeah], won 9-0 to officialy become series champion yesterday! Only downside was the fact that I only had a crowd of 30K watching, disappointing considering it was a sunny day in Utrecht.

How are other people coming along in these crucial stages of the league?

Mistfit
03-04-2006, 14:23
I was sweating this one out...

I was 3 points clear of #2 (who I play next weekend) with a 4 point goal difference lead. The whole first 1/2 I was losing!

Luckily the boys pulled it out for me.

As it now stands I can win the series with:
1.) a win
2.) a tie
3.) a loss but not by more than one goal

Next week will be interesting!

On a side note last week I PiC'ed and my TS did not improve (this week it did)

quote:Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 15100 to St. James Park. GuinnessFC had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Melão - Mccurdy, Slater, Wakefield - Staton, Curtis, Molder, Huber, Acosta - Nixon, Rico.

Mistfits_Marauders started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Wennemars - van der Arend, Granelli, Lombardi - Jacquin, Borg, Cantürk, Ventura, Hundseder - Wang-Kin, Altmann.

GuinnessFC took the lead in the 4th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Tracey Nixon elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. The referee showed Mistfits_Marauders's Dietmar Hundseder the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Tony Jacquin finished off a quick charge from the left of the field by chipping the ball just past the home side's keeper, making the score 1 - 1 in the 8th minute. Tony Jacquin of Mistfits_Marauders received a yellow card in the 23rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. GuinnessFC had difficulty finding their positions and their organization dropped to weak. After the game, the most discussed event will probably be the penalty in the 35th minute that gave the visitors the 1 - 2 lead. Despite the controversy, Dietmar Hundseder struck home the penalty, as cool as anything. GuinnessFC's Kelly Staton was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Raúl Rico managed to kick one of them into the net for 2 - 2 in the 41st minute. In the 42nd minute, the home side was awarded a penalty. The visitors protested wildly but the referee was adamant. Jason Curtis easily put the 3 - 2 goal away to give the lead to GuinnessFC. 3 - 2 was the halftime score. Mistfits_Marauders held the ball, with a clear 64 percent of possession.

GuinnessFC's coach had an extra briefing during the break, and after that his players had passable organization. Ramon Ventura made a run for the goal in the 51st minute but the home team's far left defense managed to sort the situation out in the end. GuinnessFC had difficulty finding their positions and their organization dropped to inadequate. 60 minutes into the game Mistfits_Marauders's Jiang Wang-Kin found a gap in the home side's central defense and scored with a fabulous shot, making it 3 - 3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, GuinnessFC's Tracey Nixon got himself booked. The terraces were silenced in the 83rd minute as Mistfits_Marauders's Gerhard Altmann put the guests ahead 3 - 4, following an attack on the right. Some fine maneuvering on the left led to a Mistfits_Marauders goal in the 84th minute, making it 3 - 5. Gerhard Altmann was noted down as the scorer. Mistfits_Marauders held the ball, with a clear 65 percent of possession.

The most dominating GuinnessFC player was without a doubt Jason Curtis. Tony Wakefield on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Mistfits_Marauders player was without a doubt Yetkin Cantürk. Gerry Lombardi on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 5.

Kemal
03-04-2006, 14:37
If your TS was furious or lower, Pic-ing might not show (while it does help) as an improvement since it only increases current TS by 33%. If your TS was irritated or above, it must have been a bug, I suppose.

Mistfit
03-04-2006, 14:40
I was irritated and so was my team :D

Kemal
03-04-2006, 15:14
hehe, and rightfully so I suppose, until after yesterday's match that is... ;)

Mistfit
03-04-2006, 15:26
Now my big concern is if I MoT's my next match what will my TS be like for a Qualification game..

But if I don't MoT's and I lose I'd be really ticked as well..

Decisions decisions...

Dell19
04-04-2006, 15:36
Its more important to get there than to win once you get there. Basically if you think you need to MOTS to be safe then its probably a good idea.

Darth Pugwash
04-04-2006, 16:19
I won 0-2.

I'm lining up a MOTS for next week, to see if I can break the league winners 100% win record for this season. :D

They have an edge over me but at home (both teams will MOTS I think as he will get an auto promotion even if he loses) I have a decent shot at the win.

Kingreno
04-04-2006, 19:23
Drew away at Texel, who became champions. Not because of the draw but because FUCKING fc Helpman lost to Flaaiebekkers meaning I am in emminent danger of relegating! This annoys the crap out'a me since there were just a bit too few errors of line-up and other flukes in this season to make it a honorable Div. [aargh]
Now, I am still 5th but playing Number 6th at home next sunday, while 7th is playing 8th, and will very likely win. I need a draw to make sure I stay up. This will be very very hard as my opponent is strong and I have never ever beaten them. Now what I will do is a question... I will wait for fridays training to see whether my Midfield and topplayers have decent form and then I decide which course to take: spend 2M on a MF, Mots and play 4-4-2 with 3 inners and have a say 60-40 chance of winning, or play 5-3-2 CA, Mots and have a 40% chance of winning. A draw in any case equals a win.

On a sidenote I am absolutely vommiting at the thought of another year with these clowns in my div. The only two fun teams are WHU (fun, but better then me, 1,5 seasons ahead orso...) and Frits Fighters, the number 6, who I play this sunday, meaning when I win he's out...there will be 3 new teams though, one of em may be nice.

Going to the 7th may be not so nice though. Boring probably. Good for training yes. I also wonder what a 7th div will think of SN defenders...

Mistfit
04-04-2006, 19:23
Correction: Meli correctly brought it to my attention that I cannot afford to lose this week at all due to the Points Differential.

Mistfit's Marauders need a win or a tie

Mistfit
04-04-2006, 19:26
@KR I have an IM that I could put on the market now for you to buy for 2 MIL (USD) by the end of the week :D although it would be wasting 3 weeks training to sell him now

arne1
04-04-2006, 19:46
I won 7-0, I think, against a bot while piccing (what's new). Took the lead again, because my opponent of next weak lost to the number 3 who now is number 2 and will win the league if I do not win Sunday.
I will win though with my new striker and two new wingers or I will be unlucky.