PDA

View Full Version : round 12

ProPain
26-03-2006, 20:14
Quite an entertaining start today

Well, seems Kemal is doing a serious attempt to become Vth division. 0-1 ahead after 8mins against his only contender for the title!

Schip finally seems to get his act together to prevent relegation and took an early 0-1.

I'm busy fending off the uncontested no1 in my division, already had a close call already. Dunno if PIC and pressing combine well...

Kemal
26-03-2006, 20:19
Go Peter Billand Go!!!

Kingreno
26-03-2006, 20:48
Lots of sendings off and several injurries in CDZ matches.

I will score that 1-0. It will come from the left side of the field.

ProPain
26-03-2006, 21:58
nice going Kemal!!!

I lost 2-1 while PiC'ing. Not too bad.

Kingreno
26-03-2006, 21:59
fuck fuck fuck. Lost 0-1 due to a worngfully given Penalty, lost yet another great trainnee for 4 weeks and a red carded dude to top it all off.

Shabbaman
26-03-2006, 22:17
I won. For a change ;)

ProPain
26-03-2006, 22:38
[shabba] Dont worry, you'll lose enough next season!

Dell19
26-03-2006, 22:41
Won 7-0 for the fifth time this season. Need to score 14 more goals to gain a total of 100 for the season.

Kemal
26-03-2006, 23:29
quote:
57570 spectators arrived at Magic Box, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Wizzz tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Adin - Pierce, Moreno, Anderson - Rytter, Pignitter, dos Santos, Bereményi, Schrecker - Kagge, Cellini Martínez.

Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Miłek - Suárez, Balyon, Rouwenhorst - Espinola, Farenhout, Heintalu, Pipeta, Geiger - Billand, Kronskär.

In the 6th minute, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Peter Billand put the ball away for 0 - 1. Due to some great work on the right wing Wizzz's Alfred Pignitter was able to even the score in the 25th minute to 1 - 1. 34 minutes into the game, Nadav Adin had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Fabian Kenkel. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Scott Anderson needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. An opportunity to take the lead in the 37th minute was passed by as Snaken's Agapito Suárez missed a penalty, firing wide of the mark. After 38 minutes, Snaken's Per Kronskär made his way through the middle and nonchalantly placed the ball out of the keeper's reach, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. The referee showed Wizzz's Aristóbulo Cellini Martínez the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A well placed corner kick from Agapito Suárez was followed by Per Kronskär's hard but accurate header. The nice combination marked a goal for Snaken, the score now 1-3. Snaken's Oscar Pipeta received a play slashing through the home side's defense in the 41st minute, and chipped it past the keeper to score the 1 - 4 goal. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. Wizzz's Róbert Bereményi left the field after 42 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Franklin Wagemaker. Halftime score was 1 - 4. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors' Jose Maria Espinola took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side's goalie and central backs in the 59th minute. 1 - 5 for Snaken. Peter Billand came close to extending the visitors' lead when he found himself completely unmarked in front of the goal and lifted a ball over Fabian Kenkel, but it was a little too high and hit the bar. Wizzz's Thor Rytter got himself booked for a foul. Snaken were forced to a substitution as Agapito Suárez couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Wilm Meesen to come in from the sidelines. After 66 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Peter Billand who increased Snaken's lead to 1 - 6. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After 67 minutes of game time, Peter Billand had an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors' lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Fabian Kenkel was in the right place and tipped the ball to a corner. Snaken came close to extending their lead as Oscar Pipeta delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Wizzz player was without a doubt Mário dos Santos. However, Fabian Kenkel made a disastrous appearance. Most important Snaken player was Per Kronskär. However, Wilm Meesen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 6.

[dance] [party] [dance]

Most important game ever for Snaken ends in a 1-6 win! Man I just love this game, V here we come!!! [cool] [coool] [cool]

arne1
26-03-2006, 23:30
Won 8-0 with pic against another bot. On more bot and than the deciding game. nr 1 has to paly number three next week. I am kind of hopin for a draw. Than a 4 goals difference victory next week and a draw at the end of the season will suffice for the championchip.
The topscorer is mine finally in my third season. The competitor has two difficult matches and is 5 goals behind.

arne1
26-03-2006, 23:34
quote:
[dance] [party] [dance]

Most important game ever for Snaken ends in a 1-6 win! Man I just love this game, V here we come!!! [cool] [coool] [cool]

congratulations!

akots
27-03-2006, 00:12
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
... V here we come!!!

[goodjob]

Mistfit
27-03-2006, 00:21
Good job man! That is great! Now where was the thread for how you pulled it off [:p]

Kemal
27-03-2006, 12:10
Maybe you should ask Shabba, he's going to the Vth with more style in his division with a 12-match winning streak, and also seems better prepared for the V than Snaken... I expect to receive a trouncing every sunday next season, but who knows, and the chance to play Vth may never come again, so I'm willing to take it when it arrives.

Oh, and I do need one more point to be certain of promoting, though it should be possible to acquire this final point next week, playing at home against a semi-bot team.

Shabbaman
27-03-2006, 12:30
How do you mean, better prepared? I think our teams are pretty evenly matched.
The key to this season's success: a solid defense.

Kemal
27-03-2006, 12:36
Seems to me your team is a bit more balanced and constant over the season, plus I don't think you needed to MotS on your way to the title as I was more or less forced to do, so whereas my team is now burned out, yours still has some spirit (literally, I suppose) left in it. :)

I had a passable/inadequate leadership coach to pull me through using a lot of PIC and, as said, a vital MotS, and his leadership isn't going to get any better over time, of course.

But we'll see next season, maybe we'll even end up in the same Vth!

(If I get the still needed point, that is.)

Shabbaman
27-03-2006, 12:55
I can train one of my players into a passable leadership coach after match 4 of the next season. Too late for the cup pics, unfortunately. But I figured out that I only need to beat 2 teams next season.

It's all depending on the league. Anything could happen. A high rank could mean you're ending up in a strong league where the relegated team was too weak to score a single goal, or you could replace a bot team in a league with losers. I figured out my team is below average, so I need some luck.

ProPain
27-03-2006, 13:56
In the end I think ranking doesnt say much about where you end up. I totally swept my lvl7 league and ended up in a strong league where 2 weaker brothers got heavily flogged. You could also end up in a weak league where bot teams get spanked or someonbe just abandoned his team. Take swingues league for example: no offense meant, but it's one of the worst leagues around and swingue ended up there also after trouncing everybody in his 7th for a whole season.

Things get even more random when you in the 'average' region. You'll likely replace a team with average points so much depends on the overall strength of the league. Even chances for an 'average weak' and 'average strong' league and anything in between.

That's why I hope I can stay in my 6th league for a while: I'm too weak for the average 5th divison atm so I need 2 seasons at least to shape up. Should I getr lucky and be able to promote however I will do so. :)

socralynnek
27-03-2006, 13:58
Won 2-5 away vs a demoting team.
I am only 1 point behind place 2, so maybe I can get a really good position.

Mistfit
27-03-2006, 14:22
The Mistfit's Marauders could not have had a better Sunday :D (with the exception of a IM training at wing getting injured for 2 weeks but that is minor in comparison to the good stuff that happened)

1.) We won
2.) The numbers 2 and 3 teams tied their matches
3.) The number 4 team lost
4.) So now I have a 3 point lead on the #2 team (who I play the last match of the season)
5.) To top it off I think right now I would auto promote having 30 points on the season.

EDIT: I just looked again and they have updated the autopromote level... I will NOT auto promote.

So I'm very pleased with the way things are panning out for this season. We could get another team to a higher level!

Kemal
27-03-2006, 15:59
Good going, and who knows, you might still win the qualifier and have the extra crowd income and training on top of promoting. :)

Dell19
29-03-2006, 00:53
I just need a couple more points to guarentee auto promotion although it was pretty much assured before the season started.