PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Civ4 REALPOLITIK!

REALPOLITIK
07-03-2006, 07:47
Civ4 REALPOLITIK

Realpolitik
n. [German : real, practical (from Late Latin relis, real. See real1) + Politik, politics (from French politique, political, policy. See politic).]

Politics based on practical rather than moral or ideological considerations.

Civ4 Realpolitik

A multiplayer PTBS-based team game where each playing Civ is regarded as a Government, and 8 main Governing Body members help define co-operately (or not) the future of their Civilisation. These people are elected into these positions and hold term for a set amount of time (30 turns). With all of these positions, every important decision relating to the game will be accounted for. Each of the 8 Governing Body members have particular strengths, in the form of double, triple & sometimes even quadruple votes in their relevant fields. This is where the real politics come into play. Majority rules, and not only will you be worried about the interests of other Civ's, but you'll also have to worry about your fellow advisors... if you want you shape the Civilisation you're in, then you'll have to exert some influence... but at what price?

Disclaimer:
WARNING! This game burns at a slow pace, while tension builds up at a much faster rate. You will be entering the Civ4 world of politics and must be prepared to deal with all manners of political espionage, intelligence & deceit. Play this game long enough and eventually any other version of Civ, solo or multiplayer, just won't feel the same. You may even begin sleeping with a gun underneath your pillow, check your back every 10 steps while in public, and perhaps be alarmed by the subtle movement of a passer-by... he scratched his nose... does that mean he's 'on our side?'.

Become a fully-fledged Politician! Win an electoral position and strive to keep it! Keep your fellow policitians happy, while keeping the Civilisation moving forward! Look out for backbenchers, they're a part of your Civilisation but do not have a Governing Body position yet... come next election, they may want yours!

The Governing Body

Leader: The most powerful & influencial member... and also the most backstabbed.

Vice-Leader/Treasurer: Become that backbone of reliance for your Leader, while surging the economy forward.

Military Advisor: Commander of Military Operations, you recieve voting bonuses for anything with a weapon. In wartime you lead your soldiers into battle... where you'll either return as a hero, or a backbencher.

Infrastructure Advisor: Prefer the power of running the Improvements & Wonders show 'behind the scenes' without all that media attention?

Cultural & Civil Advisor: Civics, Happiness & Culture, if you like multi-tasking and a balanced power spread, then this one's for you.

Foreign Affairs & Trade Advisor: A position that will only grow in importance with time. You are the one responsible for running your Civilisations spy network & having a powerful say in who's your friends... and who aren't. You also do a bit of legitimate trading, too.

Scientific Advisor: - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. [Arthur C. Clarke]
Make some magic happen.

Relgious Advisor: Who needs spies and all this political mumble-jumble, when you have the most influencial religion, with missionaries spread wide and far?

Become a Spy!

Too much politics for you?? Then find yourself in a foreign Civ, living the life of a true spy in Civ4 Realpolitik. Anonymity is paramount, or else you may find yourself both out of favour with the enemy, and your home state who claim they never knew you.

Does this game have a limit of players? No!
Is it ever too late to join? No!

Yes, they're are 4 Civs & 32 Governing Body positions... but you may always join a Civ at any time and enlist as a backbencher. Backbenchers even get a vote when it comes to minor decision making!

So how do I join?

REALPOLITIK is hosted at Evogames.net with dedicated forums for both public & private (1 for each Civ) posting.

Interested? Here's where we are...
http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=235

1. Familiarise yourself with the Rules of the Game, found in the Realpolitik main forum (as a sticky).

2. You have two options with enlistment. You may approach one or more Civilisation's personally, by posting your interest publicly in their "Join [Leader] of the [Civilisation]" or sending a private message to any current Governing Body member. Alternatively, you may post your own thread and let the Civilisation's poach you.

Note:- With espionage a key element in this game, please note you may have to prove your worth to a Civilisation you wish to join.

3. Unless there is an open position in the Governing Body, you will be required to stay on the backbench until the next election, where you may run for a position.

4. Once accepted, soak in as much info about the game as possible. If you have any queries, you may ask your fellow Civ members, or post in the FAQ thread. Soon enough, you should be a fully fledged Civ4 REALPOLITIK member!

So what are you waiting for? Join the REALPOLITIK team in a suspense-filled world of smoke & mirrors, politics, intelligence & espionage... and of course... Civ 4!

REALPOLITIK
07-03-2006, 07:49
Oh and another thing.. we are 18 turns into RP already... and of course, with the first game of this concept, a lot of work has gone into updating the rules & concepts to create a smoother experience.

The game is well past the beta stage now... and we're all already looking forward to RP2.

With this in mind, something to perhaps tempt you all with

We are targeting the dozen of so major Civ sites around for recruitment for RP2. The way the game starts is players send private message to myself, the game admin, nominating which Civ they wish to play for. The Civ with the most votes wins a position in RP, along with all players who voted for it. The rounds continue the same until a sufficient amount of Civs have been selection (for RP1, it was 4 Civs... we are aiming for 8+ in RP2).

With sites from Russia, Brazil, France & Germany having a strong, tightly-knit following, we're naturally promoting that they collaborate together to all vote for the same Civ, so RP2 will have a real International flavour, with Civs being made of, for example, entirely French speaking players... imagine the Diplomacy!!!!

As for the other English-speaking sites, we welcome the same kind of collaboration.. in the good interests of competition.

Of course, this isn't set in stone, and any player can join any Civ :)

Hope you hear from all of you soon. I truly think this game is a must to try out, and the feedback I've gotten from RP Players points to RP being better than ANYTHING they've ever played before!

Shabbaman
07-03-2006, 07:57
How is this different from the demogame?

REALPOLITIK
07-03-2006, 08:14
Quite simply, the Demogame is make-your-own-Democracy. Realpolitik has a Governing System already set in place.. so the emphasis is taken away from rules upon rules upon rules, and put on strategy, voting, discussion, espionage.. and of course.. the game itself.

We have quite a few Demogame players already... many who greatly welcome this hybrid platform.

Darkness
07-03-2006, 10:06
quote:Originally posted by REALPOLITIK

Realpolitik has a Governing System already set in place..

Sounds like real life politics to me. Lots of talk and nothing happens... ;)

Not my cup of tea though. It looks like there's way too much RPG-stuff for me...

REALPOLITIK
07-03-2006, 10:35
Well of course. Personally, I'm not into PBEM games, or other standard Multiplayer games where the only focus is Ancient era war. Not my cup of tea ;)

We understand it's not everyones cup of tea... and most players who are playing RP are current and former Demogame players who wanted something smoother, quicker, faster.. but immensely tense. Of course, standard MP and even players new to MP have joined RP and are currently loving the game...

This is merely a post to say, hey... this exists.. and you're welcome to try it out, if you like :)

grahamiam
07-03-2006, 15:30
[spam]

welcome to CDZ [col]

REALPOLITIK
07-03-2006, 15:54
Do you mind? This is a SERIOUS game looking for SERIOUS players. If you feel the need to try and be funny, i'm sure there's sections in this forum where you can. Now if you don't mind, I spent many, many hours developing this game and even now, I'm working away, hoping to promote the game further.

Socrates
07-03-2006, 16:21
I don't think anyone here considers himself serious actually. :D Plus we are a bunch of anarchists here ; what is a government good for anyway ? [mischief]

Whomp
07-03-2006, 19:12
This Realpolitik guy has recently made a number of people very, very angry, including me. However, as anger serves no function in a successful rebuttal, I will simply state objectively that I'm not fond of this Realpolitik guy to my very bone marrow. Those of brittle disposition might do well to await a ride on the next emotionally indulgent transport; this one is scheduled nonstop over rocky roads. As soon as you're strapped in, I'll announce something to the effect of how this Realpolitik guy holds onto power like the eunuch mandarins of the Forbidden City -- sterile obstacles to progress who operate in the gray area between legitimate activity and dangerous fogyism. We can never return to the past. And if we are ever to move forward to the future, we have to draw a picture of what we conceive of under the word "pancreaticoduodenostomy". The moral of the story: This Realpolitik guy slaps his message of pesky elitism on everything that stands still.

Thank you very much for your time.[:p]

Whomp of the idiot anarchists

Shabbaman
07-03-2006, 19:18
Wow, did you use a complaint generator for that one ;)

Anyway, although I completely understand your irritation it's all but fair to keep this thread on topic. Thanks in advance.

Whomp
07-03-2006, 19:21
My bad Shabba. Good luck with your game Realpolitik.

akots
07-03-2006, 19:30
I don't think I've understood the idea and purpose of this game from the starting post. Especially vague and counterintuitive is the preset government structure. IMHO, demogames such as ISDG are way more funny.

Ginger_Ale
07-03-2006, 23:18
Agree with Whomp and akots here.

Too structured, the creator has advertised manymany times on CFC (overadvertised), makes it sound like it is the holy grail of Civ4 gaming...part of the fun of DG-type things are flexibility...anyway, it's not for me.

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 00:43
I'm mortified. You call making 3 posts about Realpolitik overadvertising?

I have every right to create this game. I did, and I have many players who enjoy it immensely. This thread is here to purposely promote REALPOLITIK, not have a bunch of pessimists say it's not for them.

If it is not for you, then how about this? Refrain from posting. What good is this post going to do now? A player, who may like what he or she sees in my first post, could be disheartened by what he or shes in the latter ones by you.

I don't like DemoGame.. its not for me. Do I go into their forums and proclaim what I feel is wrong with it?

As for Whomp... I can only assume you are joking. In that case, what a wasteful post.

I request a moderator here delete all in appropriate posts as this is a thread for promotion & recruitment, not pessimism.

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 00:48
GingerAle, I'm only quoting some of my players when they say it's "groundbreaking" and "the best thing to ever hit Civ 4".

The fun of RP is the Politiking... you need to keep everyone on you're side... you need everyone voting what you want... so it's a melting pot of opinions.. and the structure assists it.

Personally, unless you've played it... don't judge it.

DrAlimentado
08-03-2006, 00:51

Do you mind? This is a SERIOUS game looking for SERIOUS players. If you feel the need to try and be funny, i'm sure there's sections in this forum where you can. Now if you don't mind, I spent many, many hours developing this game and even now, I'm working away, hoping to promote the game further.

guess what! our forum our rules [tongue] so we don't mind, and this is a place we can be funny [:o)]

and if you hadn't guessed, although we can play very seriously, we are definitely not SERIOUS. as usual i can only really speak for myself of course... but im right anyway

good luck with your game :)

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 00:55
Yes but claiming I've caused a lot of people to hate me? Someone skimming through this post would see that.. and immediately cast judgement... Realpolitik=not for me.

Get my drift?

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 00:59
Also Ginger_Ale: good for the goose... I didn't see any pessimismistic comments in this post...

you are feeling like playing the classic of all strategy games, the grandaddy of multiplayer, the life experiance that is known to us as 'the game of Diplomacy'. you will sign up immediately for the 5th diplomacy game. once we start playing you send all your orders on time, hopefully you will engage in lots of actual diplomacy too, but we will take what we can get as we don't want to push our luck... SIGN UP NOW!SIGN UP NOW!SIGN UP NOW!

akots
08-03-2006, 01:23
... I request a moderator here delete all in appropriate posts as this is a thread for promotion & recruitment, not pessimism.

[confused] That is a kind of strong attitude, dude.

Oh, and I don't get your drift. [evil]

akots
08-03-2006, 01:35
quote:Originally posted by akots

I don't think I've understood the idea and purpose of this game from the starting post. Especially vague and counterintuitive is the preset government structure. IMHO, demogames such as ISDG are way more funny.

I've asked you questions and did not get any reply but instead you are repeating the same thing you've posted some lines above. Care to elaborate on these points I've asked? Namely:

1. Idea of game. I get it is just a Pitboss game.
2. Purpose. I get you can socialize over the Internet under certain given rules in a certain type of political simulation.
3. Government structure. You said a few words about it but I failed to see 30 people involved in a team on equal terms.

4. What's wrong with current demogame specifically?

5. Who wins? Who can build better environment for socializing or who actually wins the game? If it is former, then what is the point? If it is the latter, then how do you know that the preset structure you are using is the best to play the game?

A few other questions are pending but that is enough for the starters.

DrAlimentado
08-03-2006, 01:43

Yes but claiming I've caused a lot of people to hate me? Someone skimming through this post would see that.. and immediately cast judgement... Realpolitik=not for me.

Get my drift?

yeah I understand your point, but this isn't the kind of place where posts get deleted (its actually almost 'forbidden'... as much as we have such rules) and your calls for that are inappropriate. Shabba - the moderator of this forum - has already asked Whomp to leave off the trashing, and that was pretty stern for round here [whipped][shabba]

If you want to refute Whomp's post you can of course, jsut be aware that at CDZ people are pretty much allowed to speak their mind. So if you want to advertise/recruit here then feel free, but you have to respect our rules and culture, not the other way around. [python]

grahamiam
08-03-2006, 01:51
quote:Do you mind? This is a SERIOUS game looking for SERIOUS players. If you feel the need to try and be funny, i'm sure there's sections in this forum where you can. Now if you don't mind, I spent many, many hours developing this game and even now, I'm working away, hoping to promote the game further.

Get my drift?

how about this? calm down :)

No one said they hated your game or you. Whomps post was generated by the Parkin's complaint generator as was just a spoof.

As Dr. A & Krys noted, we don't take ourselves seriously. My "spam" post is a traditional welcome post here, which if you really took any time to look around, you would have realized it and not reponded with such a "serious" post.

Anyways, Akots seems interested, so please answer his questions. Maybe you can get another player to play your "serious game". Me, I prefer my games in a more traditional manner; "game defn: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime". I don't get paid to play civ, so I don't take it seriously [smirk]

Socrates
08-03-2006, 01:58
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Me, I prefer my games in a more traditional manner; "game defn: An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime". I don't get paid to play civ, so I don't take it seriously [smirk]

Actually, if I can get paid to play this REALPOLITIK game, then please consider my application. :) I need money right now.

akots
08-03-2006, 02:02
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov
... I need money right now.

That is what I was thinking as well. [lol]

I also need money, especially right now. May be they'd pay you or me or even us for playing there. I'd play Civ for money, even Civ4 and may be even overtime.

Ginger_Ale
08-03-2006, 02:13

I'm mortified. You call making 3 posts about Realpolitik overadvertising?

I have every right to create this game. I did, and I have many players who enjoy it immensely. This thread is here to purposely promote REALPOLITIK, not have a bunch of pessimists say it's not for them.

If it is not for you, then how about this? Refrain from posting. What good is this post going to do now? A player, who may like what he or she sees in my first post, could be disheartened by what he or shes in the latter ones by you.

I don't like DemoGame.. its not for me. Do I go into their forums and proclaim what I feel is wrong with it?

As for Whomp... I can only assume you are joking. In that case, what a wasteful post.

I request a moderator here delete all in appropriate posts as this is a thread for promotion & recruitment, not pessimism.

Overadvertising not only at this forum; see:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153338
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157549 (in which you got banned for overadvertising)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=155749
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148702
the thread @ CDZ

And probably other places...

You do have a right to create the game and promote it. I also have the right to comment on it, either positive or negative. Imagine what the world would be like without criticism - everyone would think what they have done is not flawed. Nothing a person does is perfect (and that includes me). People could be disheartened by what I wrote? Good - it gives them the whole picture, the range of feelings EVERYBODY has about Realpolitik, not just those that enjoy it. You don't like the demogame - fine by me. You have the right to. No, you don't go into their forums and complain. Did I? No - this isn't your forum. I didn't go there - you came here. I gave my opinion. If you cannot take criticism and negative comments, well, that's not my fault.

akots
08-03-2006, 02:25
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale
... (in which you got banned for overadvertising) ...

[eek] [V]

akots
08-03-2006, 05:25
So, where is the itchy guy? Left forever or what? I've seen him online here while I was still typing these questions.

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 06:36
1. Idea of game. I get it is just a Pitboss game.

Well yes, it is a PTBS Game.. instead of each player having a Civ, 8 or players share the control of the Civ. Game is on a 48 hour turn timer (although rules stipulate members can force-end a turn after 36 hours).

2. Purpose. I get you can socialize over the Internet under certain given rules in a certain type of political simulation.

Hmm... I'm not quite seeing what you mean here.

3. Government structure. You said a few words about it but I failed to see 30 people involved in a team on equal terms.

Government structure goes like this... 2 parts... Major Decisions & City Management.

Major Decisions is anytime a Civic, Tax/Science/Culture rate needs changed, or any kind of Agreement/Trade with other Civs.

Each Governing Body member (see the first post) has an allocated amount of votes for each type of decision. For example, when it comes to Foreign Affairs, the Foreign Affairs Advisor has more votes than others... or in War, the Military Advisor does.

For each city-based decision ie unit/improvement/wonder production, again each Governing Body member recieves an allocation of votes according to whether or not the unit/improvement/wonder is relative to their portfolio..

For example, a Library...

Leader: 3
Vice-Leader/Treasurer: 3
Military: 2
Infrastructure: 6
Cultural & Civic: 4
Foreign Affairs & Trade: 2
Scientific: 8
Religious:2

You see, naturally the Scientific advisor has more voting power, because of the research bonus. The Cultural & Civic gets a minor bonus, since a Library adds culture. The Infrastructure always has strong votes when it comes to city improvements, since they are his/her speciality. And of course, the Leader recieves strong voting power all across the board, since.. well.. it's the Leader!

I could analyse every single decision, but if you check out the Rules thread at EVG, the posts that follow the first Rules post have the Voting Bias Tables, which contains every decision required, and what GB member recieves how many votes.

4. What's wrong with current demogame specifically?

I don't know, I don't play it. All I'm saying is, this game is different, and many players how play RP prefer this to DG... just as I'm sure many other players will prefer DG to RP. All comes down to personal preference!

5. Who wins? Who can build better environment for socializing or who actually wins the game? If it is former, then what is the point? If it is the latter, then how do you know that the preset structure you are using is the best to play the game?

Socialising? Ok now I think I understanding Q.2 better... well, the socialising, I'd prefer to call Politiking. Sure, theres politics in it.. but ANY MP game has politics in it. You have to keep your friends close, and enemies even closer. Heck, theres even politics/diplomacy in solo games. Annoy the heck out of all the AI.. and you'll find them all allied and raiding your borders.

So... the point of the game is a victory... of course.. it's a Civ game after all. But, to win... you'll no doubt need to use your skills of persuasion against rival civs.

Also, I didn't see ALL of these questions in this thread.. and still can't see them... and I didn't feel like answering your first post before as I was a little miffed at the general response I was getting.
[/quote]

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 06:41
Shabbaman: Anyway, although I completely understand your irritation it's all but fair to keep this thread on topic. Thanks in advance.

Umm.. am I missing something? You understand Whomp's irritation at me? Again... I MUST be missing something here... can someone enlighten me... in all seriousness... seriously? :S

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 06:51
Civ4 Realpolitik Thread - CFC Civ4 Multiplayer Section
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153338

================================================== ==================

Yes, this was a mistake. I accept that. I also recieved an apology for Padma in regards to that... as she over-reacted greatly.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157549 (in which you got banned for overadvertising)

A third RP Post.. again, see above.. and I've respected CFC's decision and have not added to this since I was informed by Thunderfall to keep 1 post.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=155749
Civ4 PBEM Enhanced. This was the original post, the concept.. but PTBS came out, and I/we changed the name to Realpolitik. So I created the top post to have the right name.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148702

So 1 original post, then 1 name change post...

And 2 posts which, yes I agree were over-zealous... I was just quite excited at the response I was getting, that's all :)

You'll find at this site and any other, 1 thread of RP. I promise ;)

REALPOLITIK
08-03-2006, 06:59
As for everything else... we'll agree to disagree. Any mature adult will understand that a lot of effort has been put into this. Sure, I wasn't aware of the 'complaint generator' & 'spam' post... and I'm sure it's some kind of personal joke only regular members here understand.

It's funny.. no-one has actually said.. "I've been to EVG, had a look around and this is what I think". You are casting judgement on 1 post... a simplified, condensed post designed to entice people to check out the EVG forums to investigate further.

You've made claims that the DG is far more funny. But have you been to EVG to see the fun we have? I'm not saying 1 or the other IS funnier, I'm just saying you probably have not researched any before you commented.

I'm not here to argue. I'm not here to hear pessimistic comments. Constructive criticism? Sure.. I'd LOVE to improve the game, I always will.

Put it this way. If I posted this, waited a week, and go NO reply... it would've been far more effective. See my point?

Whomp
08-03-2006, 07:47
Realpolitik I'm not irritated with you and I'm sure you've put a lot of effort into this game. My post was pure spam which is quite reasonable to do around here. This sounds like a fair amount of roleplay but personally I'd rather play a Pitboss game, SG, pbem or as an anarchist in the MTDG OR ISDG so it's not for me. The NES forum at CFC sounds more like your type of people.

Next time though you might want to use the edit key rather than adding 4 posts in a row.

akots
08-03-2006, 10:01
quote:http://evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=2543&sid=336648dba23b3b947858e1d6c489ed67

Sorry, could not make it, may be will try again some other day. That is a complicated set of rules you have there. The CFC SP Demogame Constitution is far less complicated although must admit I have not ever read it completely.

Darkness
08-03-2006, 10:15

Yes, this was a mistake. I accept that. I also recieved an apology for Padma in regards to that... as she over-reacted greatly.

Unless I am very much mistaken, Padma's a he... ;)

I don't want to sound like I am speaking for all of CDZ here, but AFAIK we're more into the regular Civ games kind of stuff. Most of us here don't like RPG Civgames, so (IMHO) you're wasting your time here (no offense intended!).

Socrates
08-03-2006, 13:31
There's a consensus here that roleplaying a nation makes you play bad at Civ... That's why we are anarchists in our games, and it serves us well. :) I personally think that you need one 'body' for one civ for it to be effective ingame. Said 'body' can be one player or a group of players who have the same purpose : find the best solution together in order to win the game, instead of trying to get positions and win elections.

Ginger_Ale
08-03-2006, 22:06
Padma is a he, indeed.

We each have our own opinions and I respect that...

REALPOLITIK
11-03-2006, 01:19
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Next time though you might want to use the edit key rather than adding 4 posts in a row.

Is that a forum rule? Coz I was just trying to fit in by being anarchistic :P

REALPOLITIK
11-03-2006, 01:24
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Said 'body' can be one player or a group of players who have the same purpose : find the best solution together in order to win the game, instead of trying to get positions and win elections.

Well thats the thing isn't it? A Realpolitik Civ that does well is one who can compromise personal ideas here and there for the Civ, one who is willing to hear all ideas and make the most suitable decision on the whole. In fact, hearing all the inside information and 7 other players strategy meshing together... it's amazing how much I've learned just by playing RP.

On the other hand, a Civ will suffer if there is conflicting personalties, or players who stubbornly see only 1 way. So the point of the game is to play a Civ and WIN. Theres just a few twists that you won't find in any other game ;)

REALPOLITIK
23-04-2006, 16:30
Civ4 REALPOLITIK 2

Realpolitik
n. [German : real, practical (from Late Latin relis, real. See real1) + Politik, politics (from French politique, political, policy. See politic).]

Politics based on practical rather than moral or ideological considerations.

Realpolitik 2 Launching Soon!

A multiplayer PTBS-based team game where each playing Civ is regarded as a Government, and 4 main Governing Body (GB) members help define co-operatively (or not) the future of their Civilisation.

These people are elected into these positions and hold term for a set amount of time (15 turns). With all of these positions, every important decision relating to the game will be accounted for. Several decisions require a vote, (apart from elections) like war/alliance and city production decisions. But for the most part, each GB member runs fairly automated in their own field, so teamwork and discussion a mutual strategy is key here.

You may also take matters into your own hands, like making secret alliances with players from other Civs! Feed them misinformation and get valuable data about your enemies in return! Or is it ‘valuable’ data?!?!

This truly is a fantastic concept and as the game creator, I never foresaw players could lose sleep over this game… yet they say they do!

Disclaimer:
WARNING! This game burns at a slow pace, while tension builds up at a much faster rate. You will be entering the Civ4 world of politics and must be prepared to deal with all manners of political espionage, intelligence & deceit. Play this game long enough and eventually any other version of Civ, solo or multiplayer, just won't feel the same. You may even begin sleeping with a gun underneath your pillow, check your back every 10 steps while in public, and perhaps be alarmed by the subtle movement of a passer-by... he scratched his nose... does that mean he's 'one our side?'.

Become a fully-fledged Politician! Win an electoral position and strive to keep it! Keep your fellow policitians happy, while keeping the Civilisation moving forward! Look out for backbenchers, they're a part of your Civilisation but do not have a Governing Body position yet... come next election, they may want yours!

The Governing Body (GB)

Leader: The most powerful & influencial member... lead your team to glory, or be the one who’s head everyone will want to start rolling!

Military Commander: Commander of Military Operations, in wartime you lead your soldiers into battle... where you'll either return as a hero, or a shamed loser, ready for resignation.

Infrastructure Advisor: The force ‘behind the scenes’, overseeing matters like City Management, Culture, Happiness, Workers & Trade.

Scientific Advisor: - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. [Arthur C. Clarke]
Make some magic happen.

The Backbench (BB)

Whether you’ve just joined the game, don’t have enough time to commit to RP, or you didn’t win an election spot… don’t worry, you won’t just be benchwarming. New to RP2, 3 Specialist positions available to Backbenchers.

City Governor: Pretty much an Infrastructure Advisor, but for an individual city. Watch out though, too many backbenchers in a Civ, and trying to be the Governor of your Civ’s best city could get just as hard as running for Leader!

Military General: Take command of a small army and benefit from good teamwork and joint-strategies with your Commander.

Foreign Diplomat: Smoke, subterfuge, misinformation, politics, diplomacy, this position is crucial to RP. Who knows, you may just prevent a World War from happening.

Does this game have a limit of players? No!
Is it ever too late to join? No!

The game will launch sometime within the next week. Yes, they're are 4 Civs & 16 Governing Body positions and we already have 20+ players but you may always join a Civ at any time. If we get 25 players we may even have 5 Civs.

So how do I join?

Head on over to Evolution Games, proud home of Realpolitik. Familiarise yourself with the Rules of the Game, found in the Realpolitik main forum at http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=235. There is also plenty of discussion and plenty of help available to new players.

Unless there is an open position in the Governing Body, you will be required to stay on the backbench until the next election, where you may run for a position. But as said before, there is plenty to keep one occupied outside of the GB! And yes, with enough response, we may extend the number of Civ Teams to

So what are you waiting for? Check out our forums, and see just how much so many of us love this game.

Join the REALPOLITIK 2 team in a suspense-filled world of smoke & mirrors, politics, intelligence & espionage... and of course... Civ 4!

Rik Meleet
23-04-2006, 18:58
that thread showed me Herandar's and your signature being too big for CFC. I've corrected that.

ProPain
05-11-2006, 18:39
Totally missed out on this one. Funny as hell. Someone does love textbolding..